First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 424 425 426
 Asura.Friedrik
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-11-19 12:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
A certain bot has been documented being reported one hundred times to the STF. Don't get your hopes up on that working either.

STF successful follow through rate lower than KC drop rate.
If you're talking about that thread on the OF... it turns out that dude that started the thread was also botting Hennetiel 24/7 and seems to have been banned, while Mojojoe still powers on lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-19 12:18:46
Link | Citer | R

And thats why you don't use account(s) of any value when you get yourself noticed.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-19 14:46:45
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Wow, how did some of you guys make it through secondary school with reading comprehension like that?

By being able to properly debate without the need of insulting people that disagree with our arguments.
Please let me know if there is more you need explained, and ill happily assist you.

You replied in bad faith in a very awkward manner, ignoring my factual points entirely.

Square owes you no due process and some of you guys need to realize that.
By Rips 2021-11-19 15:02:03
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Wow, how did some of you guys make it through secondary school with reading comprehension like that?

By being able to properly debate without the need of insulting people that disagree with our arguments.
Please let me know if there is more you need explained, and ill happily assist you.

You replied in bad faith in a very awkward manner, ignoring my factual points entirely.

Square owes you no due process and some of you guys need to realize that.

Let’s not argue and get back on track to the purpose of this thread.

Campaigns are coming up. The coveted may 2022 20th anniversary is fast approaching. Let’s get some predictions!

Im curious if the free trial will bring back the scrubs that load up the AH like someone who loads up on candy on Halloween. I’m bracing for another market plummet ahead of time.
By Starbucks 2021-11-19 15:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Closed servers and 'FFXI Offline'
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-19 15:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Tertiary Jobs...... half your sub job job
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-19 15:07:09
Link | Citer | R

At the Mastery Level cap you'll be able to use your subjob's Lv.1 SP ability :P
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-11-19 15:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
That may be the case in the current game, but historically I don't think it is. They've pushed ban waves that caught up innocent people and bans that numbered in the thousands, some for ridiculous reasons

There was actually an incident in the summer of 2009 that caught thousands of innocent players in a blanket ban. S-E's task force developed an automated script to catch RMT gardening bots, but tons of legitimate players used gardening as a source of income too. At the time elemental ores were in high demand, and one of the easiest sources to get them was through gardening. Calling S-E's customer support was complete trash too. The representatives would just read from their script, telling the player their account was flagged for RMT activity, and regardless what the player said that was the end of the story. That's how their customer rep always worked back in the day even when it was fully staffed. The people on the phone were clueless and had no authority to do anything beyond basic account stuff like name changes and payment updates.

It took months for the complains to actually get through, and they only did because the volume was too large for s-e to ignore. In the end many of those bans were reversed, but s-e lost business over that and I'm sure it left an impression on them. They haven't banned freely like that ever since.

I remember back when that happened. Since then they tend to be super targeted and mostly rely on STFU reports to inform there where to look.
By Rips 2021-11-19 15:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tertiary Jobs...... half your sub job job

I would call it your auxiliary job.

99pld/49run/24nin.

Or, well, master levels changed that combo.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-19 15:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
That may be the case in the current game, but historically I don't think it is. They've pushed ban waves that caught up innocent people and bans that numbered in the thousands, some for ridiculous reasons

There was actually an incident in the summer of 2009 that caught thousands of innocent players in a blanket ban. S-E's task force developed an automated script to catch RMT gardening bots, but tons of legitimate players used gardening as a source of income too. At the time elemental ores were in high demand, and one of the easiest sources to get them was through gardening. Calling S-E's customer support was complete trash too. The representatives would just read from their script, telling the player their account was flagged for RMT activity, and regardless what the player said that was the end of the story. That's how their customer rep always worked back in the day even when it was fully staffed. The people on the phone were clueless and had no authority to do anything beyond basic account stuff like name changes and payment updates.

It took months for the complains to actually get through, and they only did because the volume was too large for s-e to ignore. In the end many of those bans were reversed, but s-e lost business over that and I'm sure it left an impression on them. They haven't banned freely like that ever since.

I remember back when that happened. Since then they tend to be super targeted and mostly rely on STFU reports to inform there where to look.

I'd say that example showed SE a very key data point- there is a larger uproar over legit players "accidentally" banned than unbanned RMT running rampant.

Sure, we *** and moan when a CP camp is monopolized, or the best Aeonic pop locations are being used by mercs hours on end, but people actually quit over their friends gettin' the banhammer, not to mention the bad press among gamers for it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-29 16:30:51
Link | Citer | R

The freshly picked is out

Nothing of much value, moogle is V1 for december (gear up your smn for conduit burn)

Starting next year they're going to raise the amount of metals/fibers you can get per month (bout time)

They're going to fix the Ob znm *** up, another bonanza, the DQX event
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-11-29 17:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
At the Mastery Level cap you'll be able to use your subjob's Lv.1 SP ability :P
If it goes to 99 as I suspect it will, then I would rather have subjob merit point access at MLv99 instead of a SP.
The +1/5 conversion would have to change to something like +1/3 for the last 40ish (2 MLv updates if they do it in batches of 20) MLvs, but it can easily be done.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-11-29 19:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Starting next year they're going to raise the amount of metals/fibers you can get per month (bout time)

Might be Ambu +3 gear time then-
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-03 02:28:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what they're tryin to do with the larger penalty to EP/CP/Ex in alliances of 7 or more members.

Wouldn't this hurt only legit people farming merits (with CP/Ex as icing on the cake) in zones like Escha etc?
I mean, to my knowledge Mercs weren't doing stuff on Apex in alliances but 6men parties, no?

Also, it seems we might be getting a few more camps for Exemplar Points (nice!) but it also seems like the Master Level system won't be furtherly expanded, for now at least.
I guess 20 more levels in january then?
By Draylo 2021-12-03 02:30:07
Link | Citer | R

They would do an alliance too sometimes

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-12-03 03:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also, it seems we might be getting a few more camps for Exemplar Points (nice!) but it also seems like the Master Level system won't be furtherly expanded, for now at least.
I guess 20 more levels in january then?

Could be, but also they might just increase it and don't tell anything about it. If I remember correctly they haven't mentioned current cap at all in neither November updated announcement and November Version Update.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-12-03 04:27:02
Link | Citer | R

You know, if the mastery rank system is what they were referring to in the February Q&A the translation was kind of misleading. They implied they were going to be making balance adjustments between the jobs, which led us to believe job ability tweaks or additions were in the works. This doesn't really do anything for job balance, it just adds more stat bloat. I'm not complaining about what we got mind you. It's been a refreshing change to group up with friends and go out to grind in old school traditional exp party settings again, and I'm very happy with the performance boosts the extra Mlvl stats provide. It just doesn't do anything to fix job balancing issues is all.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-03 04:33:41
Link | Citer | R

It was either a matter of mistranslation, of them being jerks, or maybe they are ALSO working on an "all jobs adjustment" in addition to the Master Levels thing.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-12-03 04:52:32
Link | Citer | R

December A.M.A.N. Trove ・Remove K.O. penalty

Nifty.
By SimonSes 2021-12-03 05:39:37
Link | Citer | R

You know, if the mastery rank system is what they were referring to in the February Q&A the translation was kind of misleading. They implied they were going to be making balance adjustments between the jobs, which led us to believe job ability tweaks or additions were in the works. This doesn't really do anything for job balance, it just adds more stat bloat. I'm not complaining about what we got mind you. It's been a refreshing change to group up with friends and go out to grind in old school traditional exp party settings again, and I'm very happy with the performance boosts the extra Mlvl stats provide. It just doesn't do anything to fix job balancing issues is all.

Is it what they said? I was under the impression they said they, they wanted to give some specific job adjustment (they were talking about RNG and some other job), before they will introduce Job adjustment system for all jobs. There was nothing about this new system balance anything. I will try to find it tho, because Im not sure.

EDIT:

From May update announcement:
Quote:
First up are job adjustments. I previously mentioned that we had finished up with individual job adjustments and have now turned our eye toward new job progression elements, but there are a couple more adjustments we wanted to make before diving deep into the next set of systems.
Specifically, there are some adjustments coming to rangers and some paladin spells. Don’t fret, though—we’re still on schedule for our new progression systems coming down the pipeline for all existing jobs.
The biggest adjustment comes for rangers. Many of you have commented that rangers feel a little bit weak as far as ranged attackers go, and after careful consideration we reached the conclusion that our upcoming job progression systems alone would be insufficient to solve this issue.
As such, we’re adding a new ability, Hover Shot. While I’ll leave the details for you to read in the version update information, the basic gist is that rangers will be gaining the ability to get increased damage when they move after making a ranged attack.
I hope you try this ability out when it hits the servers and leave us your feedback.

From January "Happy New Year!" news
Quote:
Additionally, we’re looking to expand storage options and implement new character growth options for all jobs.

The thing said in the Video I understand as

"We plan to make new growth system for all job, so before we do it we want to look at balance between the jobs"

and they did, which resulted in individual buffs for RNG in May.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-12-03 05:53:45
Link | Citer | R

I think they're referencing they Reprisal change. It happened around then if I recall correctly.
By SimonSes 2021-12-03 06:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I think they're referencing they Reprisal change. It happened around then if I recall correctly.

Yeah I think Reprisal and Hover Shot were balance changes before they were ready to introduce all jobs progression system. Ofc only PLD and RNG changes might be disappointing, but I think they did when they said they will do.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-03 07:00:18
Link | Citer | R

The second note about removing level correction connected to points instead of areas makes me think they might be removing the penalty you get for higher ML in certain areas.
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2021-12-03 09:20:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what they're tryin to do with the larger penalty to EP/CP/Ex in alliances of 7 or more members.

Wouldn't this hurt only legit people farming merits (with CP/Ex as icing on the cake) in zones like Escha etc?
I mean, to my knowledge Mercs weren't doing stuff on Apex in alliances but 6men parties, no?

What????
I’m pretty sure no one has ever gathered together more than 5 other people in the history of this game to increase levels of any sort.

The only exception would be RMT, who exclusively ‘gain levels’ in groups of 7+. This could cause deflation akin to the sparks nerf.

Edit: I guess people were xp’in in alliances in the level sync era.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-03 09:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Groups of 7 were a thing for gain exp, and it wasn't too bad in inner ra'kaznar either(guessing it's also decent for the new apex doing CP).

Do we actually know how hard the dropoff on master points is for 7+ though? Maybe it's better than exp/cp were.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-12-03 10:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nolano said: »

What????
I’m pretty sure no one has ever gathered together more than 5 other people in the history of this game to increase levels of any sort.

The only exception would be RMT, who exclusively ‘gain levels’ in groups of 7+. This could cause deflation akin to the sparks nerf.

Edit: I guess people were xp’in in alliances in the level sync era.

The only people I’ve seen on Odin doing 7+ groups for CP / Master levels have been bots and RMT. Legit players are in groups of 1-6.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-03 10:52:33
Link | Citer | R

I don't think I've ever seen an alliance exp/cp group on lakshmi, unless you count the sparks galkas/elvaans, but why would you
By futalis 2021-12-03 11:15:22
Link | Citer | R

My LS had a couple of extras that wanted to ML party the other night...decided to try alliance to see how the MLP would be...and it's so bad even with multiple mobs being pulled (from 500-700 per mob down to 200-300). Even with pulling multiple mobs and killing two at a time it was still slower.

Personally I found the xp/cp/MLP already nonviable and slow so I imagine the incoming nerfs are going to be harsh for those wanting to alliance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-03 11:25:01
Link | Citer | R

It's strictly to inconvenience sellers.

The singular first time in history they nerf something that bots do that has no affect on regular players. At least, shouldn't.

(but it also doesn't really inconvenience bots if we're being honest. It doesn't matter if it's slower, time is irrelevant when its automated) Of course, unless they nerf it extremely hard lol. I'd make it zero.
First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 424 425 426