Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50
By Nyarlko 2018-06-09 05:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
As for the High Tier and Low Tier nuke delineation, it's not that it's not a thing anymore, but rather, with the prevalence of MAB gear now, and how good some of the staves are, (particularly Raetic +1), Even the T3s tend to win with MAB gear now. You could probably still get more damage out of T1's and T2's with Magic Damage and INT, but I didn't really think it was worth mentioning as you'll almost always be casting higher tiers than that.

Based on this, it sounds like you have a Raetic+1, so hoping you can answer a simple question for me.. Does the extra MP cost get included in the TP return from Occult Acumen? ._. I've been wondering this since they were released and have yet to get a straight answer. lol orz
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-06-09 07:33:33
Link | Citer | R

So tested with the NQ just now, It did not affect the tp, I don't think this is a bug, however, if blm really has problems with mp, even in places like dynamis divergence aspir is by far one of the most useful spells to remedy this. Temps can be used in most other content, or the content is short and mp should not be an issue.

Keep in mind with a buffed refresh 3 (12 tick if they have all the correct gear) and 3 ballads (30 tic) again with all the correct gear you have 42 tic of mp refresh before your gear comes into play.

Impact with the aeonic staff or with the empyrean staff 119 ag both can be great ways to recover mp too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-09 07:52:29
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing that cant be done afk!

Naked script uragnites with moogle sakura yoran
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-10 02:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Writing a skillup script is the easiest thing you can do, hell I can do it.

It's literally just this;
Code
input /magic "Blizzard" <t>

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

wait 5

A thousand times. Did it for GEO, same thing for SMN, BRD, BLU, WHM RDM RNG NIN.

When you're done, delete the file, it'll stop casting like 5 minutes later, or shutdown and it'll stop. Not elegant or anything like a lua but even the tech challenged can do it.
By geigei 2018-06-10 02:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Or just use repeater (or w/e counterpart is in windower)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-10 05:49:43
Link | Citer | R

If you're naked (PDT/fast cast pieces only) and no weapon, it'll still die eventually, just move on to another one. might take 2 or 3 to cap.

Tier 1, yes.
By Ruaumoko 2018-06-10 21:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gashnir said: »
Occult Acumen allows for some interesting tricks besides manawell to free myrkr or one spell myrkr mp restoration. Blm can pretty easily solo skillchain. Here are a few examples. I hope this is helpful or at least food for thought for players who were unaware.

darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWj05eURN4

light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eceaXUYcqKk

double darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNNoAH37Qk
Cheers for the pointers.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Had a real blast putting this together.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 16:39:00
Link | Citer | R

In scripts as blizzard.txt (or whatever you want to name it)

/console exec blizzard.txt

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-12 16:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeap, I'm oldschool. Damn kids and your damn fancy luas.

But yeah, I like it, simple and clean. Don't need 600 lines of code with if/then statements and conditions.

Just some good ol Copy Pasta
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-06-12 16:46:08
Link | Citer | R

hey so far as i can tell Raetic staff +1 is BIS atm is that correct? anything it looses to not counting AM's
By zaxtiss 2018-06-12 16:50:30
Link | Citer | R

also directX you should be able to find a lua called "dostuff" is a simple lua lets you repeat alot of stuff though.
right now i can't seem to remember who wrote it though sorry.

Post deleted by User.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-06-13 03:46:49
Link | Citer | R

Comet for darkness magic bursts, haven't used meteor in years now

Post deleted by User.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-06-13 05:48:34
Link | Citer | R

For those NM you kill with death strat, when death is down comet is your best choice for damage
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-06-21 02:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Comet is a good way to get extra darkness damage out, and depending on how good your gear is it can be quite alot of extra damage while waiting on death recast. Just remember when making your lua that Comet will be a special case, as it shares the Affinity Gear with death, but favors normal bursting gear otherwise.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 02:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Comet also gives a debuff that increases dark damage taken for 60sec (up to 100sec w/ empy+1 pants.) Works the same as the -ja line of spells, so it can be used to increase your Death damage (and others' stuff like Leaden Salute, Sanguine Blade and Tenebral Crush as well.)
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-06-21 08:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Comet also gives a debuff that increases dark damage taken for 60sec (up to 100sec w/ empy+1 pants.) Works the same as the -ja line of spells, so it can be used to increase your Death damage (and others' stuff like Leaden Salute, Sanguine Blade and Tenebral Crush as well.)

Wait, I thought all of the -ja spells + Comet only increased in Potency when used with the same spell? I’m not seeing anything on BG about it adding Darkness Damage taken +.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 08:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Successive use enhances spell potency.

Using "Comet" only
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Each use of the same element spell in the cumulative magic family increases the damage taken by that element by 5%.

Spells cast by different players all add on to the first timer.

EX: 3x BLM all cast Comet > mob now takes dark dmg+15% for 60sec after the first one out of those three lands.

EX2: Same 3x BLM all cast Comet again within the timer > mob now takes dark dmg+30% until the above 60sec timer ends.

EX3: One of those same 3x BLM hits the wrong macro and pops off a Firaja while the other two are casting Comet > Firaja lands, resets timer to 60sec, mob now takes fire dmg+5% > 2x Comet land, 1st resets timer to 60sec, after 2nd lands mob now takes dark dmg+10%.

I have no idea whatsoever if there is a cap on this term, or what said cap might be.
If you can swing it macrowise, it's best to only use the pants on the first cast to extend the timer since they otherwise suck. And
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:04:10
Link | Citer | R

What makes you think that's how it works?

If that were the case no one would ever cast death they would just spam Firaja then a volley of 99999 fire 6s
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Nyarlko said: »

Wait, I thought all of the -ja spells + Comet only increased in Potency when used with the same spell? I’m not seeing anything on BG about it adding Darkness Damage taken +.

Quoted from BGwiki's Cumulative Magic page:
Quote:
For example, assuming an initial casting damage of 1000 for Firaja, casting Firaja repeatedly within 60 seconds will result in damage of 1000, 1050, 1100, etc. Other fire damage, such as Fire IV or Wildfire, will also receive this damage boost (+5%, +10%, etc.) while in effect.
The debuff just matches the element of the -ja/Comet used.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Wow. That is actually how it works.

All those times we did death strats. Jesus christ it would've been even faster with a volley of comets first.

Fire> 759
Fire> 759
*Firaja*
Fire> 794
Fire> 794
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Wow. That is actually how it works.

All those times we did death strats. Jesus christ it would've been even faster with a volley of comets first.

Fire> 759
Fire> 759
*Firaja*
Fire> 794
Fire> 794

Damage cap is still 99,999 so the extra Comets would only help those not already capping out Death. Very few players probably bother with the 119 empy pants+1 too, so there's usually only a 60sec window before the buff resets. Putting those aside tho, I've always found it quite helpful to work -ja's into my spell rotation when doing MB strats of any element. They even tend to MB for somewhere between T5-T6 damage, so the only real downside to them is the AOE nature may mess with adds on fights that have adds.

The extra damage boost from -ja/Comet also gets painfully outweighed by the multiple-nuke-in-quick-succession penalty system, which is probably why it gets ignored. Forgive me, I don't remember the accepted name for that thing. ><;; Hopefully you get what I mean though..

EDIT to match your edit XD: O_o Those numbers don't match up to a clean +5%. Possible that the -ja/Comet debuff gets added early into the magic damage formula? Maybe staff/affinity?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:20:11
Link | Citer | R

After second death, the 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th for that set were no where near cap, extra +40% wouldv'e been... "noticeable"

(they werent the best blms lol getting them to alternate deaths never really worked all that well)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50