Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
After second death, the 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th for that set were no where near cap, extra +40% wouldv'e been... "noticeable"

Another really nice thing about taking advantage of -ja/Comet.. Only 1x BLM actually needs the pants (whoever is starting the timer.) So, for manaburn setups, that'd be a potential 100sec of boosted damage.. So theoretically, ~8-9x casts / +40%-45% from each BLM spamming the -ja/Comet if used on cooldown w/ capped FC. Good luck finding a tank back then who could hold agro against a BLM doing that though. XD

Would've been amusing to see what your 8x BLM setup could've pulled off with +320% damage. lol
 Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2018-06-21 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

I'll add a blurb about this to the node, it looks super interesting.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 15:39:55
Link | Citer | R

I dbox BST+BLM a ton, using pets to self-sc on demand w/ BLM MBing, and it works great on damn near everything. Firaja/etc MBs do help push HP down faster a noticeable amount of time. Main challenge for properly utilizing -ja/Comet tho is actually the recast. Need a good amount of Haste to get all the way down from 45sec to 9sec recasts, and it's rare to find support players who remember to keep the BLM hasted. :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Endtanis 2018-06-22 06:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, LOVE the guide/updates, it truly helps making coming back a lot easier so I really appreciate all the work put into this!

I apologize if this has been asked but I checked the form and through this thread and saw no mention of it, but how does the Ea Set (NQ) hold up against a Merlinic Set for Magic Burst set.

Currently using:
ItemSet 349889

Proposing:
ItemSet 359631

It seems I can still easily breech the 40% MB threshold but the Ea set offers more MBII. I won't have the Gil for HQ sets so I'd just be looking at NQ.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, keep up the great work!
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-06-22 07:12:52
Link | Citer | R

The long and short of it is that while the ea set is better for the MB than the set you are using, you would still use the amalric gages they win in mab and equal the catagory 2 mb and you would still be at 40% mb cat 1 but with better mab.

This would provide more macc than your current set and more mb cat 2, over all it should be an upgrade from what your currently using, even assuming great augments, the blm af body and the boots really hurt your current set. Also a Raetic Staff would be a great bump in damage if you can afford the mp cost ( you just need to manage mp more aggressively to make it work, using good sets on aspir, or making a impact occult acumen set for myrkr can really help)

Blm af body does off set the 30% extra cost depending on how hard you hit and should be used when your low on mp, and out of options to refill your mp.
[+]
 Asura.Varunius
user: nates1984
By Asura.Varunius 2018-07-10 19:44:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure this has been posted before, but forgive me for not easily finding it.

Assuming you get Malaise / Acument, how much macc should you have on your gear to reliably hit Kei and other Omen bosses? Vir'ava? Ru Aun gods? Dyna D midboss?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-10 21:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Varunius said: »

Assuming you get Malaise / Acument, how much macc should you have on your gear to reliably hit Kei and other Omen bosses? Vir'ava? Ru Aun gods? Dyna D midboss?

To dent any Escha T4's and Dynamis Wave 2+ bosses, you need a metric ***-ton of macc. Like 35-50 Macc per armor slot, 20-30 in the weapon slot, and a big heaping load of INT overall.

To actually do consistent, good damage tho, you'll need a lot of support: Frazzle III, Threnody, Lang/Focus, Rayke, Stewpots, etc. Gear on its own is not enough.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-11 07:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Varunius said: »

To dent any Escha T4's and Dynamis Wave 2+ bosses, you need a metric ***-ton of macc. Like 35-50 Macc per armor slot, 20-30 in the weapon slot, and a big heaping load of INT overall.

To actually do consistent, good damage tho, you'll need a lot of support: Frazzle III, Threnody, Lang/Focus, Rayke, Stewpots, etc. Gear on its own is not enough.
Sadly this is accurate. If you tried to MB Kei with No Geo, or other supporting functions, you would probably hit 10k, off of a SCH fragmentation. You add in Malaise/Focus/Gambit/Rayke, you can hit 99k. BLM needs some help from friends for the end game content. To answer your question more directly, there is not a checkparam feature for macc so the exact values of what is necessary are discussed much less just due to the calculation of where you are at any given time
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-07-18 23:20:59
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Gashnir said: »
Occult Acumen allows for some interesting tricks besides manawell to free myrkr or one spell myrkr mp restoration. Blm can pretty easily solo skillchain. Here are a few examples. I hope this is helpful or at least food for thought for players who were unaware.

darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWj05eURN4

light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eceaXUYcqKk

double darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNNoAH37Qk
Cheers for the pointers.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Had a real blast putting this together.

Is this possible without Aeonic staff?
By Excellia 2018-07-27 12:31:37
Link | Citer | R

I switched to this guide's gearswap lua and have a problem. Every weapon skill I use on blm is now equipping the fast cast set instead of the ws set, like myrkr. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this? I tried to temporarily circumvent this by just making a macro to equip the set, disable all, use the ws, then renable all, and yet it still manages to use my fast cast set's feet instead, but at least everything else gets locked for the ws. I imagine that has something to do with the mana wall function. Any help is appreciated
By geigei 2018-07-27 12:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Posting said lua might help.
By Excellia 2018-07-27 12:54:52
Link | Citer | R

Well I had used the first page gearswap lua and just changed the fast cast set, idle, autorefresh idle, and myrkr sets to what I use. The one I currently use is very similar it seems so I'll just post that one.

Edit* Added in an if statement at the top of the function that fixed it finally. Not sure if others using this lua having the same issue but unaware.
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' or spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Dark Magic' or spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' then
		if player.mp > 2000 and state.VorsealMode.value == 'Vorseal' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC.HighMP)
		elseif player.mp < 2000 and state.VorsealMode.value == 'Vorseal' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC)
		elseif player.mp > 1500 and state.VorsealMode.value == 'Normal' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC.HighMP)
		elseif player.mp < 1500 and state.VorsealMode.value == 'Normal' then
		equip(sets.precast.FC)
		end
end

By geigei 2018-07-27 16:31:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm not seeing anything wrong in the ws section.
By Excellia 2018-07-27 17:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried using that lua and myrkr with it? showswaps had shown I was swapping into my fast cast set rather than myrkr set for me... and all blm weapon skills I would try using. Wonder why I would be the only one with that issue
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-07-28 13:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Press F9, it locks your main and sub, the lua is not wrong. It's that your in a mode that assumes your not using myrkr. When offense mode is locked it will not change your main sub.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-07 10:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Q!uick question on relic head and feet. Do these replace Almaric +1? I see on this guide it has a set with ALL relic +3 but besides head/feet/hands its pretty meh. I have most of shards for these but lack like 3 total and before I drop 20mil was just wondering.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2018-08-07 12:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Q!uick question on relic head and feet. Do these replace Almaric +1? I see on this guide it has a set with ALL relic +3 but besides head/feet/hands its pretty meh. I have most of shards for these but lack like 3 total and before I drop 20mil was just wondering.

Depends, are you only fighting 119 content? If so Amalric +1 is pretty great.

The problem with Amalric Nails +1 is the fact that it has no innate macc, and assuming path A your augment is only going to provide +20macc. That's similar stats to HTBF gear, which is pretty dated. If you're fighting 140+ content, the 42 macc and 17 elemental magic on Archmage Sabots +3 will start to shine (and it still provides a healthy dose of mab - 54 to be exact)
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-07 12:28:30
Link | Citer | R

I agree with the previous mentioned assessment, if macc is no issue amalric nails+1 nukes harder, but you can get almost 22 more macc and 17 ele skill with the feet.

Same type issue with Lathi, 119 < content when macc isnt an issue, it nukes the hardest, but alternatives have MASSIVE Macc over Lathi
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-25 14:23:41
Link | Citer | R

whats the general feeling about Laevateinn? With talk of upgrades I wonder if I should jump ahead and make one. It doesn't look bad but when you look on ah owned there isn't very many out there.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-08-25 14:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
whats the general feeling about Laevateinn? With talk of upgrades I wonder if I should jump ahead and make one. It doesn't look bad but when you look on ah owned there isn't very many out there.

Recently made Laevateinn in case it's going to be relevant in the upcoming updates but haven't really had a use for it compared to Lathi/Grio besides lockstyle. I don't think it beats Lathi since there's no INT on it. Maybe good for fodder or AM? I'm not really sure. If you have an OA set maybe maintaining AM1 or 2 with it might make it a decent option, but just speculation so far.

EDIT: Tested on some adoulin mobs, Laev ahead 2-300 damage on nukes where magic damage matters more than MAB, so T1-3 spells, otherwise Lathi won. My Lathi is path A. T4+ and Lathi won
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-08-25 17:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Just remember that the INT works on pushing you into new tiers of base damage, so depending on the rest of your gear/target etc, it won't have much effect other then translate into m.acc
 Asura.Clairxi
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2018-09-04 01:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found out the cap for Magic Burst Damage II?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-04 03:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clairxi said: »
From what I understand the answer is no. Seems even with the stuff offered we dont know so maybe the new augment stuff change that but doesn't seem like it will. Hell outside of a free nuke set I dont even think BLM stuff is worth it so.
By Jetackuu 2018-09-04 03:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Tip you were supposed to be going to sleep :D
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-04 07:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clairxi said: »
no known cap even with equipping all MBD II gear
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-09-04 08:52:39
Link | Citer | R

I was just getting ready for work lol. But ya I've tried my best to look at numbers as others have no known cap.
By mrlooolz 2018-09-04 16:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Hello Awesome peeps^^

I wanted your advise on improvements to my MB set :
Code
		main="Lathi",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
		head="Ea Hat +1", -- 7
		body="Spaekona Coat +3",
		hands="Arch. Gloves +3", --20
		legs="Ea Slops +1", -- 8
		feet=gear.merlinic_burst_feet, --11
		neck="Baetyl Pendant",
		waist=gear.obi_high_nuke_waist,
		left_ear="Barkarole Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		ring2="Mujin Band", --5
		ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
		back=MB_Nuke_back} --5

Should I replace Mujin with Shiva Ring +1 ?
Should I replace my merlinic feet with something else? They are rolle MB 11, MAB 35, MAC 36.

Any feedback is appreciated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-09-04 17:27:13
Link | Citer | R

mrlooolz said: »
Hello Awesome peeps^^

I wanted your advise on improvements to my MB set :
Code
		main="Lathi",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
		head="Ea Hat +1", -- 7
		body="Spaekona Coat +3",
		hands="Arch. Gloves +3", --20
		legs="Ea Slops +1", -- 8
		feet=gear.merlinic_burst_feet, --11
		neck="Baetyl Pendant",
		waist=gear.obi_high_nuke_waist,
		left_ear="Barkarole Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		ring2="Mujin Band", --5
		ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
		back=MB_Nuke_back} --5

Should I replace Mujin with Shiva Ring +1 ?
Should I replace my merlinic feet with something else? They are rolle MB 11, MAB 35, MAC 36.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Leave Mujin Band. It is MB2, and does not count towards the cap, and offers far more of a boost than a second Shiva Ring +1
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50