The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-06-21 12:07:35
Link | Citer | R

It is not per element i was corrected and double checked and can confirm nuke wall goes across elements.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-21 12:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm 95% sure that the nuke wall is per element.

For example when doing SMN burn Aeonics, I remember we'd always split our SMNs for Sarsaok. Half would use Fenrir's Impact, the other half would use Titan's Geocrush. We saw much higher damage this way than if all SMNs use the same avatar.

If it was global instead of per element, then SCH casting for skillchains would be pumping up the wall and I'm pretty sure SCH would be far less popular for manaburn parties.

Edit: In fact, you can actually see some of this in practice. A common tactic for Sortie lately is to do a 3-step Fusion using Thunder>Pyrohelix>Ionohelix. Pyrohelix closes Liquefaction, and also walls fire, so the first few MBs on the Liquefaction actually get walled by the SCH closing the skillchain. This doesn't happen if the SCH closes with a different element than what's being bursted.

Immanences (typically) don't count. 2500+ apparently

T1 don't do 2500 on purpose
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-21 12:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Consecutive Elemental Damage Penalty

Also known as the "Nuke Wall", there is a penalty applied to any elemental magic cast on a monster for 5 seconds after that first instance.

Firstly, I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to simply point out that as you quoted, this applies to any elemental magic, yet you also showed there are clearly exceptions, so there is the possibility there are further exceptions yet unknown since, as per usual, the devs won't just release the information and would rather us speculate.
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-21 14:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
*Cough*
Shatter Soul.

Shatter Soul doesn't put up aftermath tho! My point was about the double dip - get AM2 and put -10 mdef on the mob in a single action.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-21 15:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm 95% sure that the nuke wall is per element.

There are two "walls", which is what confuses people. The first is the entire -20/40% damage reduction for 5s after an elemental spell hits for over 5K(?) in damage. The second is a stacking elemental resist bonus to that element the monster gets hit with. A good example of this was old school 75 era Dynamis Lord where you had 3~4 RDM/DRK doing staggered chain spell stuns. If there were no BLM's doing Thundaga / Thunder IV then we could stun lock him all day long. The moment we had a few BLM's spamming Thunder nukes we would start seeing complete stun resists after the first RDM's chainspell.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-06-21 18:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Nuke wall is less impacted when using a different element, but is still impacted. Here was my testing...

Bahamut.Xeones
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-06-26 15:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Would love a tldr; on Sortie for blm

I've been compiling gear but im kind of nervous to do a sortie run, most groups that take blm are ABCEFG, 2 sch, etc etc.

From my observing on geo in those runs, blms are obviously the first nukers in the MB, but i'm struggling to find anything about what's next, like, what's your "dmg rotation".

I know this isnt ffxiv lol, but i'm curious what blms rotation looks like. Where do ajas fit? are you just doing mykr for mp back normally?

Sortie do's and dont's would be lovely
By Foxfire 2023-06-26 16:00:40
Link | Citer | R

you do damage, that's mostly it. myrkr is indeed your primary source of mp back since you're more than likely to be locking a staff on blm and you have enough occult acumen to get your worth from it.

for AECG you open with burn and impact if needed since that lowers their overall dINT (and other stats), then you nuke -ja/VI/V/IV. Usually as you get used to the flow of the battle you'd precast your -ja to line up execution shortly after the scholar closes a chain, then you have time to go for a second, third major nuke. since the higher tiers have higher cooldowns, you rotate your opening spell every chain based on what you have available to you. I think the usual order is -ja + V and VI + IV (someone else would probably be better off confirming this).

At the very least, -ja's being first is ideal since that's a stacking bonus damage to every nuke of the same element for the duration of the window.

For B/F you want to be careful about debuffs as they could potentially *** over your tank, so I don't recall if you used burn or impact in that scenario.

For G specifically, since it may be a longer fight, I've seen some BLMs use manafont liberally to not have to worry about TP resets for myrkr.

Other than that, feel free to ask your sch for adlo whenever they have a chance for that passive extra TP, make sure you have the right weather, and you're right as rain. Our BLM goes /RDM and can haste/refresh/convert themselves if needed, but depending on how the run is moving one of the scholars can perpetuance a haste on them or whatever.

I don't think there's any specific "don'ts" otherwise that don't apply to the run in general and not exclusively the blm (e.g. no water or darkness SC on AE).

That's my cliffnotes from doing ABCEFG w/ my group, anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xeones
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2023-06-26 17:46:26
Link | Citer | R

This is massive, TY SO MUCH

i cannot say how much i appreciate this
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-26 17:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Blms still using a death set or just using the normal Mburst set for it?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-26 18:02:18
Link | Citer | R

If your locking staff it’s always nice to run in with your tank and drop a Vido, while your geo is setting bubble and the party is getting positions set for SCH to open
By Foxfire 2023-06-26 18:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh right, small addition - for F boss in particular if your group damage output isn't the greatest or the boss's proc mechanic isn't triggering during your skillchain burst windows, try to throw in smaller stone/blizzard casts in between. If the stacking DT manages to go unchecked, it can make you lose more time than necessary or, at worst, wipe a run.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-08-01 17:54:00
Link | Citer | R

for triboulex specifically is this set correct for a resistant mburst set?

ItemSet 392314

the swaps I could do/would do are:

my agwu gages are r23, not sure if they're better than arch. for resistant but more mbb2. I have wicce sabots +2, don't think they're better than archmage +3 again, but maybe?

Not super sure if regal is the best option here either but my wicce earring is only +1 (11 macc roll) so...

Maybe I should just nuke in my normal set? I am struggling to get bursts past 70k but not sure if it's a matter of our execution since uptime of malaise is not great as we were kinda moving the boss around, or if my gear is wrong somehow. My gut feeling is that we're just executing it wrongly and not a gear issue but still thought I'd ask for confirmation.
Code
    sets.MagicBurst = { --MBB +50, MBB2 +25
		main="Marin Staff +1",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
		head="Ea Hat +1", --MBB +7, MBB2 +7
		neck="Src. Stole +2", --MBB +9
		ear1="Malignance Earring",
		ear2="Regal Earring",
		body="Wicce Coat +3", --MBB2 +5
		hands="Agwu's Gages", --MBB +8, MBB2 +5
		ring1="Freke Ring",
		ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
		back=gear.nuke_jse_back, --MBB +5
		waist="Acuity Belt +1",
		legs="Wicce Chausses +3", --MBB +15
		feet="Agwu's Pigaches" --MBB +6
	}

edit: obviously belt is hachiring as long as weather/day match, I just have a fallback to acuity in case storm falls off or something. Thought I'd say before someone points it out.

Also anyone has a super top optimized vidohunir set? I'm undecided between nyame B r25 and wicce +3 <.<
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-08-01 18:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like your not properly dressing the NM

Geo: frazzle, entrust-acumen, indi-int, bog/ea/demat malaise
Blm: run in with run and Vido, manawell/impact, burn
Run: pulls with gambit, rayke will be ready as the first sc is landing
Sch: manifest Klimaform + firestorm2

Skillchain: sch > sch > sch > cor > run

Sometimes he wipes tp seems about 50/50

I’m seeing 99k nukes on Geo

Use your regular set
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-03 17:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Is there any reason why i have not seem elemental obis in most nuke sets?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-08-03 17:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Generally just assumed if you're under weather effects you'll wear the obi instead of w/e waist piece is in the set.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-03 17:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Lua does it for them
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-03 17:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Dang i suppose i wasted scales upgrading my acuity belt like every single nuke set uses?
By Nariont 2023-08-03 18:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're a sch, and even then might not always be applicable you're going to be nuking out of weather/day sometime, so always nice to have a fallback when obi's not active
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-03 18:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Also worth noting (though this is a BLM forum not a SCH one) even SCH needs Acuity for Helices, since they get the weather bonus without obi, so it's not used for those spells
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-03 19:49:42
Link | Citer | R

It's definitely not a waste for BLM for the reasons Nariont said. You can get up to +23 INT from Acuity Belt too and Vidohunir has a whopping 80% INT mod.

(For the other jobs on the belt that can use Daggers, Gust Slash, Aeolian Edge also have considerable INT modifiers ...but I cannot remember which WSes are FTP-replicating, in which case, you'd want to use Fotia in the waist slot).
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2023-08-04 12:30:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Skillchain: sch > sch > sch > cor > run

What is the skillchain being used here?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-04 12:37:39
Link | Citer | R

thunder fire thunder savage(Exenterator)* dimidation
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-04 12:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Exenterator also works, is less likely to fully miss, and your COR is probably already wearing a dagger anyway.

Liquefaction -> Fusion -> Light -> Light
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-08-04 13:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Liquefaction -> Fusion -> Exenterator -> Dimidiation
By Felgarr 2023-08-16 18:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neviskio said: »
for triboulex specifically is this set correct for a resistant mburst set?

ItemSet 392314

the swaps I could do/would do are:

my agwu gages are r23, not sure if they're better than arch. for resistant but more mbb2. I have wicce sabots +2, don't think they're better than archmage +3 again, but maybe?

Not super sure if regal is the best option here either but my wicce earring is only +1 (11 macc roll) so...

Maybe I should just nuke in my normal set? I am struggling to get bursts past 70k but not sure if it's a matter of our execution since uptime of malaise is not great as we were kinda moving the boss around, or if my gear is wrong somehow. My gut feeling is that we're just executing it wrongly and not a gear issue but still thought I'd ask for confirmation.
Code
    sets.MagicBurst = { --MBB +50, MBB2 +25
		main="Marin Staff +1",
		sub="Enki Strap",
		ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
		head="Ea Hat +1", --MBB +7, MBB2 +7
		neck="Src. Stole +2", --MBB +9
		ear1="Malignance Earring",
		ear2="Regal Earring",
		body="Wicce Coat +3", --MBB2 +5
		hands="Agwu's Gages", --MBB +8, MBB2 +5
		ring1="Freke Ring",
		ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
		back=gear.nuke_jse_back, --MBB +5
		waist="Acuity Belt +1",
		legs="Wicce Chausses +3", --MBB +15
		feet="Agwu's Pigaches" --MBB +6
	}

edit: obviously belt is hachiring as long as weather/day match, I just have a fallback to acuity in case storm falls off or something. Thought I'd say before someone points it out.

Also anyone has a super top optimized vidohunir set? I'm undecided between nyame B r25 and wicce +3 <.<

Apologies. What is meant by "resistant MB" set? Resistant to what?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-16 18:40:49
Link | Citer | R

basement Sortie NMs aren't resistant like we got used to in the days of Reisenjima or Vagary. These mobs in Sortie have super high INT, and as a result stacking macc isn't going to do much for you. Believe it or not, a lot of what people are viewing as a "resisted" nuke is a full damage one with a bad dINT ratio behind it.

I'd analyze your buff choices (I'm a big fan of indi-INT over indi-Acumen when having to choose), debuff application (Vidohunir, Impact, Burn) and amount of extra INT from MLs. This for me has been the biggest difference in my experiences down there. Because honestly- your set is pretty on-point with what I'm using and don't see issues down there any more. In fact the only variances I see result in less INT- I use Laev and opt for Ea Hat+1 over the wicce+3.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-08-16 18:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Indi-int and entrust acumen on basement, this is without a doubt the way. Especially when lesser nukers like geo and sch are contributing significantly to the damage
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-11-09 18:09:46
Link | Citer | R

My understanding for Impact is that elemental magic skill helps its duration massively, but I couldn't find a ton of documentation online. Has anyone done any considerable testing?

I'm going to be playing with this set for mix of macc and ele skill, unsure if the belt wins out over my acuity belt's macc, though.

ItemSet 393584
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-11-09 21:51:02
Link | Citer | R

It's a flat 3 minute duration without resists.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Impact
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50