First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-08 10:54:48
Link | Citer | R

Figured i'd write down some WHM things to look out for on Albumen, seeing it can be a right pain in the *** both Debuffs etc.

Think of this NM as Chloris, cause it basically is for healing, but more annoying.

Things to look out for:

• Fatal Scream :- Doom. (10 Second timer)

• Hundred Fists:- When paired with this next ability, it can be nasty.

• Tepal Twist:- Max HP down (Remove ASAP)

• Bloom Fouette:- Max MP down (Remove to keep debuffs clean and easier to manage)

• Petalback Spin:- AOE Plague, Amnesia, Poison, Silence, Blind, Paralyze. Your priority of removal here Is Silence -> paralyze.

These are the main things on your hit-list, but En-Petrify is totally a thing on this guy, as well as a few other bits, but these are your key.

It can cast Blizzaga IV, Aeroaga IV.

He has a hate reset, so your more than likely not just gonna be managing one guy, but two, I hate to break it but Yagrush is like a godsend for this fight healing wise. (Although, it's totally possible to heal without one with a support mage who's on point)

One nasty thing i've certainly noticed is it likes to do HP down and then Hundred fists (This is on the main page), you need to be hot on your erases, and curaga's here or your tanks going to die.
You can though, if you feel you might struggle, have a support like a RDM or something assist cures, or even a GEO. They more than likely aren't doing anything.

Make sure tanks have things like remedies and Holy waters, and finally Good Luck :D

(I'm not going to cover main strat for this, first page strat is accurate for both JPs and ENG players alike)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-08 11:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Hate reset is caused by Petalback Spin which is very easily stunnable by any mage job with just languor
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-03-08 11:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Figured i'd write down some WHM things to look out for on Albumen, seeing it can be a right pain in the *** both Debuffs etc.

Think of this NM as Chloris, cause it basically is for healing, but more annoying.

Things to look out for:

• Bloom Fouette:- Max MP down (Remove to keep debuffs clean and easier to manage)

• Petalback Spin:- AOE Plague, Amnesia, Poison, Silence, Blind, Paralyze. Your priority of removal here Is Silence -> paralyze.

These are the main things on your hit-list, but En-Petrify is totally a thing on this guy, as well as a few other bits, but these are your key.

He has a hate reset, so your more than likely not just gonna be managing one guy, but two, I hate to break it but Yagrush is like a godsend for this fight healing wise. (Although, it's totally possible to heal without one with a support mage who's on point)

One nasty thing i've certainly noticed is it likes to do HP down and then Hundred fists (This is on the main page), you need to be hot on your erases, and curaga's here or your tanks going to die.
You can though, if you feel you might struggle, have a support like a RDM or something assist cures, or even a GEO. They more than likely aren't doing anything.

Make sure tanks have things like remedies and Holy waters, and finally Good Luck :D

(I'm not going to cover main strat for this, first page strat is accurate for both JPs and ENG players alike)

Got it. :)
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-03-08 11:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Petalback Spin which is very easily stunnable by any mage job

It's actually pretty fast and we were unable to stun it. So either we suck or well...
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-08 12:09:09
Link | Citer | R

I can't comment on how we stunned it given that I wasn't the stunner, but I wouldn't be surprised if ours wrote something in GS to stun for them.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-03-08 16:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Definitely need to be cheater cheater pumpkin eaters to stun Petalback Spin.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-08 16:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh well. I'd recommend it anyway cause it's not any more cheating than most of the plugins/addons used with windower, lol.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-11 09:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Can Schah Charm thou might ask.

Yes.... Yes it can.

[Dumb ways to die plays in background]
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-14 23:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Don't think I saw this written anywhere:

Onychophera absorbs DURING Earth Spell casts at some point, I think below 25%
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Serveur: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2016-03-14 23:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Well, it's over.

Apparently we checkmated it and it stopped spawning adds after we killed Bhata->Ashva->Gaja. Cute 10 min win.

Did you guys kill 3 adds b4 4th can pop and have u guys killed him since this kill?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-14 23:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Yes at the first, haven't tried it since though. Before this win we got to Mantri with like 13-15 min left (don't remember exact numbers) and supposedly you don't need to kill Mantri to deal full damage, so we can easily win next time we do it.
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Serveur: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2016-03-15 23:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Our group has been trying to Schah, we tried to kill 1st 3 adds as soon as they pop, but has been unsuccessful due to 4th add popping way faster than the previous adds. Gaja's shield also screwing us up for not able to break it. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Our setup: PLD,RUN,WHM,SCH,SCH,GEO+ 4xBLM 2xGEO
By geigei 2016-03-16 00:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nobunobu said: »
Our group has been trying to Schah, we tried to kill 1st 3 adds as soon as they pop, but has been unsuccessful due to 4th add popping way faster than the previous adds. Gaja's shield also screwing us up for not able to break it. Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Our setup: PLD,RUN,WHM,SCH,SCH,GEO+ 4xBLM 2xGEO

I found out shield is automatic if you dont kill it fast enough, just practice more and maybe gear better.
 Asura.Krystela
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2016-03-16 03:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Things to look out for:

White Mage point of view of this:

I did with just 1 tank and no geo (Just me and the tank in 1 party).
1.Kept barstonra/barpetra and ignored the stona effect as it only lasted a couple second.

2. Tank was very fast at flashing/voking and we had geo stuns for petal/hp down move.

3. When it did went through I had a deal with the tank, she would use echo drops while I DC + paralyna and sacrifice the rest. That way gave me more time for HP capping instead of taking debuffs off and kept her from getting paralyzed for a few, saved our butt quite a couple times. Erased + cured fast the HP effect.

4.Make sure to always erase the MP down effect, sucks to sacrifice it -_-.

5. Tanks need holy water, but with cursna gears and cursna received gears, we didn't ran through too many issues, even when he decided to be a *** and spam it. I had her ready to tell me when its getting at 3s for benediction but we didn't needed.

6. Keep your tank capped HP with Cure 3.

That was pretty much it, the rest is entirely on the shoulders of the blms, geos and the brd. Once you get the sleep/breakga sorted out, its a pretty "easy" fight in general.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-03-16 03:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Whm point of view for telos was:

I had 2 tanks and a geo.

1. Keep them heal/buffed and debuffs up, Baraero and have your geo help out heal/haste.

2. Hope for the best...

3. #2 is kinda a joke but not really at the same time. Be ready to use Asylium towards the end.

4. Tell your tanks to use their temps during Silence aura and run in/out while dia is up. Make sure you stay alive (lol, yar been there, done that >.>)

Rest is your on your tank shoulders to voke after deaths(Blm) and geo dispelling. That fight is mostly based on how fast you process and react/priorize to the information happening. It's a finger workout.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-16 07:22:02
Link | Citer | R

The worm is by far the easiest to focus down as a WHM cause you can just cast regen 4 and the odd Cure.
There's really nothing to do on that fight. We even did it with a RUN Tank, and i just went afk. (Don't tell the JPs i went afk)

Largely because things from that fight is un-eraseable. and the odd viruna and silena. Nothing hit hard enough to threaten a tank. Maybe Discord, but it's like bleh C3 + Regen = AFK.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-03-16 08:42:47
Link | Citer | R

Actually the worm has an un-eraseble stat-down impact style TP move mentioned in OP (cathlicon(sp)/sacrifice don't work either). It's not a big deal, but just a warning to not waste your time trying. Although it doesn't hit particularly hard it can get dicey if the main + adds do dustvoid then another TP move right in a row, as it can catch the tank with no gear and drop them pretty fast.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-16 08:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
Actually the worm has an un-eraseble stat-down impact style TP move mentioned in OP (cathlicon(sp)/sacrifice don't work either). It's not a big deal, but just a warning to not waste your time trying. Although it doesn't hit particularly hard it can get dicey if the main + adds do dustvoid then another TP move right in a row, as it can catch the tank with no gear and drop them pretty fast.
Is it identical to the stat down effect seen with Golden Kist? If so, you can use stat boosts like from Braver's Drink or Fenrir to prevent it.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-16 09:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
I diddnt mean to write eraseable... <_< i meant un-erasable.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-19 00:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Rekilled Teles/Schah/Albumen today:

I think Albumen levels up when it kills someone while TPing? I'm not 100% sure but it definitely has to do with people dying.

Teles:

It is really wise to bring one of the GEO on /BLM to just stun during SCs, it ran at us a total of once the entire fight.

Also run away on mute/dia aura if you aren't already.

Schah is significantly easier if you use PLD/WAR and just pull 1 at a time since you can super tank them. Confirmed that leaving the Mantri up still allows you to do full damage to Schah.

We weren't able to "checkmate" it again, but people were observing that certain adds casted certain elements- that may have to do with it. Also, towards the ends the adds were spawning REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY slow, maybe like 2min between? We thought it was over but it was just taking forever
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-03-19 11:35:52
Link | Citer | R

I looked through the logs for our last two wins and the elements for each add are the same.

Schah's Bhata - Casts fire based spells
Schah's Ashva - Casts wind based spells
Schah's Gaja - Casts earth based spells
Schah's Ratha - Casts ice and water based spells
Schah's Mantri - Casts thunder and dark based (sleepga) spells
Schah - Casts fire, wind, earth, ice, water, and thunder based spells

We popped it on iceday and used fire for the last fight compared to thunder on thundersday. The skillchains were fragmentation and fusion. /shrug
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-21 10:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Fighting Erinys at the moment, figured I'd point out what these JPs are doing.
Noticed that all the THFs are using Regain whilst sleeping equipment.
So this is Nesanica ring & Opo-Opo Necklace. (OFC using
They where also using Roller's ring to help TP Regain. :)

We also are presently (As i write this), having a RUN tank all the Adds, and a NIN/RUN tanking the main NM.

The Adds can create Knockback aura.

Edit: We won first try! :D
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-22 07:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Thanks OP for updating the first page. makes it a little bit easier, instead of going through everything.

Maybe someone should give a proper written strat tho for Schah though, instead of it being a general monster Summary as it is.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-22 08:39:14
Link | Citer | R

I mean, you can probably make a pretty good inference out of the information given... it's literally just adds pop->pld picks one to voke->assist a person->sc it down->rinse/repeat->Death Schah once all adds (sans Mantri) are down
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-22 08:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I mean, you can probably make a pretty good inference out of the information given... it's literally just adds pop->pld picks one to voke->assist a person->sc it down->rinse/repeat->Death Schah once all adds (sans Mantri) are down
Mm true, but most groups arent strong enough to take Mantri fast, and some just ignore it entirely. Plus all the others are largely clear cut instructions :3
consistannnccyyy
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-22 18:04:05
Link | Citer | R

also semi-related since i haven't bothered to update OP from 2nd round of aeonics:

properly geared THF (+aeneas) with 0 JP and doing a 6 person wing rotation can take down erinys in under 10 min. I believe we did

THF THF THF COR GEO GEO
PLD SMN WHM leech with the SMN/WHM/COR doing their mewing lullaby rotation.

I would consider it to be the easiest of the HELM NMs due to very low gearing requirement outside of PLD
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-22 19:16:33
Link | Citer | R

I will say all where done with aside from the main WHM (Me), and 1 American GEO who i brought to 3 fights total. Everyone was default client. So yeah do NOT need to be 100% the best of the best, if you have good co-ordination.
So dispel that Myth now. The Key to victory is just good co-ordination and a bit of luck.

Eryins is without a doubt the easiest of them all. Sadly aside from just the clear for weapons, theres like 0 reason to kill him.
On our kill we diddnt even have a full party of THFs
We even had a a WAR/THF SaTa the main tank, with Nibiru Tabar, which kind of reinforces just how easy it is.

That being said, For a group who are prepared, i do not think Schah is the hardest, the issue with him is pure time constraints. Our group, we never had an issue of actually wiping. And on our winning Kill, i main healed through HP Being set to 1 twice, and had noone die.
The moment we decided to not kill the Mantri, lead to the time being freed up, went from struggling to break 60% on Schah, to me telling them to ignore Mantri (As suggested here), then the next day winning on our second pop of the day.

The NM we struggled with the most was honestly the mandy, loosing 12 times total, first 4 of which where genuine wipes. Where as everything else we lost to it because of time out. (We only lost to Vini outside of Schah and Albumen).

If anyone on my server actually want to do these NMs and need clearing up on strats. Please do not be afraid to send tells or leave messages here. I'm sure Me, the OP or anyone here will respond.

Edt: I'll also make a proper note on a bug on Tees. Which might cause wipes if it occurs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-22 19:23:27
Link | Citer | R

We also are presently (As i write this), having a RUN tank all the Adds, and a NIN/RUN tanking the main NM.

I'm really wanting to try this with fencer WAR/THF and Reikkiko + Blurred Shield +1.

My question is, are the THF's getting TP fast enough to go every time their JA's are up or are they having to wait? They would have to get 70TP/tick which might be possible if they were using all stuff like sleep pots + perfect Tact roll and maybe Adloquim.

Reikiko's 30tp/tick along with tact roll should enable a WAR to get over 1000TP in 60s while stacking another 1000 in TP Bonus from Moonshade and Fencer, not to mention occasionalyl giving people the 700TP Bonus from Warcry. I've messed with Mighty Strikes Savage and seen crazy high numbers before.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-22 19:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

I'm really wanting to try this with fencer WAR/THF and Reikkiko + Blurred Shield +1.

My question is, are the THF's getting TP fast enough to go every time their JA's are up or are they having to wait? They would have to get 70TP/tick which might be possible if they were using all stuff like sleep pots + perfect Tact roll and maybe Adloquim.

Reikiko's 30tp/tick along with tact roll should enable a WAR to get over 1000TP in 60s while stacking another 1000 in TP Bonus from Moonshade and Fencer, not to mention occasionalyl giving people the 700TP Bonus from Warcry. I've messed with Mighty Strikes Savage and seen crazy high numbers before.
hi there!
I'm sure a WAR/THF is a fine substitute for a THF as long as you said. That they had a good fencer build. We went with a WAR/THF using a Nibiru Tabar and he didn't have a problem at all. I would not be Suprised if a WAR using that sword would also be fine us if savage blade as their SaTa set too. But the key is thar you really don't want anyone melee ing. Perhaps maybe if you felt brave and had confident tanks maybe a second tank could bike a dragon and use t as a tp builder away from main NM.

It offers at least alternatives if party members in the group do not feel confident about their THF gear too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-22 19:45:35
Link | Citer | R

But the key is thar you really don't want anyone melee ing. Perhaps maybe if you felt brave and had confident tanks maybe a second tank could bike a dragon and use t as a tp builder away from main NM.

Oh yeah you absolutely don't want to feed TP to any of these so I would be sitting idle in Regain gear. Valorous head gives 3Tp/tick and the sword 30Tp/tick, and tact roll should give 40~50Tp/tick, should be more then enough TP when combined with Fencer traits and TP bonus gear. Guess it's just a long boring fight as you slowly chip it's HP down.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47