https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4a7IXYFH9Z2MV_n8hUWCLQ

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-17 21:04:58
Link | Citer | R

So are Rangers not a viable method on the Amphiptere as a replacement for THFs and SA Savage Bladers?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-17 21:31:12
Link | Citer | R

2 issues:

1) Beyond ridiculus Evasion on this wind based mob. Using SA/TA you can go full Crit+/WS+ gear.
2) You do not want to TP feed it at all or it gets really angry.

P.S. I think most of the Strats people used to clear are out there now. However if you have more questions feel free to ask away.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-19 13:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Adding our own Schah Video for your viewing pleasure:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-20 20:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Any info on what triggers Albumen to level up?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-20 20:46:22
Link | Citer | R

...I've never seen it level up, how were you doing the fight?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-20 20:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Death volleys while keeping adds slept. Leveled up twice within 1 minute around 60%. Stuns and Deaths were getting highly resisted after that as you can imagine. Used Phaeosynthesis after each level up.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-20 21:20:23
Link | Citer | R

Really no info on the level up mechanic from my side either.

Also Copy/Pasting the Youtube description from Mischiefs Schah Video as people commonly seem to ignore it:
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-20 21:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Added it to OP, thanks
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-21 02:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Theorizing level ups may occur when Albumen (not adds) is the one to kill a party member, but not immediately after doing so; about 5-10 seconds afterwards as we've had it level up while completely idle.
 Bahamut.Pikohan
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Pikohan 2016-02-21 02:31:03
Link | Citer | R

I also saw it level up after it used Hundred Fist and hit our tank for 20 seconds or so while adds sleep.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-21 23:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Got a real attempt in on Schah in today, finally.

It takes Fire damage equally as well as Thunder, so coordinate your skillchains based on the day of the week (i.e. if it's firesday or earthsday you should use fire, and vice versa)

I'm not sure where the claim that "Schah doesn't take damage without killing adds" came from, I remember seeing it stated before, but without any definitive proof. One of our BLM managed to smack Schah in the face with a 6k death WITHOUT bubbles or SC, as we were just dicking around waiting for this shithole magic shield to go down on Matri. I suspect that if Schah doesn't take damage at the start, it's a function of how many adds are out/have been killed. We're planning on testing it again tomorrow, but if it takes full damage with just Matri left, you can probably just leave Matri on the PLD while you finish it off.

Also I heard the magic shield is actually just a stoneskin, but it ate a full SC+MB without coming off, so maybe either bubbles were down, or it's an actual shield. Requiescat was doing 0, but QD was not.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2016-02-21 23:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Any info on what triggers Albumen to level up?

I think it's if it does Phaeosynthesis a 2nd time while Multi-Strikes / Regen are still on. We always made sure to dispel if it isn't stunned.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-22 10:23:32
Link | Citer | R

It's interesting, the JPs i was playing with to kill Zerde, where talking about pre fight that they where using ideas on both 2chan, Cherry Macaroon +1 and FFXIAH. Which i thought was interesting.

Smaller servers like Sylph with large JP Population are getting together to do these now, we have 2 JP parties running this content atm, 1 of which i've been invited to join.
Killed Zerde and attempted Schah, wiped to early Besiegers bane. Which wasn't cool.

I will point out, i don't personally like #2 camp in Reisen, at #5 as you can see in my Zerde video

This camp you can elevate yourself in 2 directions. for Schah, the RUN tank for the adds was on one side whilst the PLD was at the other, Which was working surprisingly well.
Apparently, the JP players use this camp because you can hold the NM in the middle, and the PLD can be elevated out on the side. it barely works and takes good positioning but it seems to work fine.

This way you can clearly spread your tanks, in two directions, with an over watching view of it all.
It's nicer from a WHM prospective here, because i normally go for what debuffs people have and whatever and what moves it uses by animation.

So if #2 is full with people, or claimed, #5 is also a viable option. :)
Good Luck!
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-22 11:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
2chan, Cherry Macaroon +1 and FFXIAH

...and Two-Man-Cell. It really is one hell of a blog for info.

http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/

Basically had most of the HELMs beaten first and put out strat. Also now does RMEA DPS calculations for different weapon combos.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 15:24:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
To make Zerde even easier we actually brought a second SCH/BLM to Tab Rasa Alacrity Stun literally everything Zerde did. With Bolster Idris Languor and Bolster NQ Focus every stun landed and he didn't do anything except sit there while BLMs killed him off.

Quick question about stunning Zerde, how long does the tp move window last? Is it as long as Tojils TP move, which you can stun on vanilla FFXI outside of JP region, or does it have significantly shorter tp move window, which may need battlemod or JP button?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-23 16:07:01
Link | Citer | R

About as long as a normal Botulus. Their TP moves are a tad quicker than Tojil's, but follow the normal auto attack > TP ability > auto attack > TP ability, etc., so fairly easy to anticipate. Sometimes he'll do another TP move right after he's unstunned and skipping the auto attack, however.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-23 22:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Gave Erinys a shits and giggles attempt and won, few notes:

Use THF, THF, THF, THF and THF. Every other DD is an absolute waste of time. Rudra's does 20k+ easily with either SA or TA and way shorter timers.

Buffs: Chaos, Miser, Tactician, Samurai, Frailty, Fury, Wilt, DEX/Barrier

Setup: PLD/BLU WHM, SMN, GEO (WHM was dualboxed by PLD so no /smn)
GEO THF/SAM THF/SAM THF/SAM COR/SMN /SMN

I dualbox'd GEO and did wilt/frailty in the tank pt, and DEX/Fury in the melee pt. The bubbles never wore for the most part (i did switch frailties between pt a few times and changed DEX to Barrier in tank pt) but you should never have an issue with it wearing off.

We also had all 6 members of the THF pt to get both lucid wings1/2 and we timed using them around when all THFs offloaded tp, in reality I should have saved them for when I did bolster but that's just for something to consider in the future.

We had 2 COR/SMN and a SMN rotating lullaby with SMN->COR1->SMN->COR2->SMN etc as soon as timers were up after the initial spacing out of lullabies to get a good cycle going. We opted for using BSTs to kill adds and just mewing lullabied all of them, not a single TP move went off the entire 23min fight.

I should mention that all THF were basically geared from their other jobs without actually dedicated gear (they all geared it from their BLUs/NINs etc) and they all had 0 JP. So if we were to use 3x Aeonic THF with 2100 JP we could probably get the fight down to sub 15 minutes no problem.
By Afania 2016-02-23 23:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Gave Erinys a shits and giggles attempt and won, few notes:

Use THF, THF, THF, THF and THF. Every other DD is an absolute waste of time. Rudra's does 20k+ easily with either SA or TA and way shorter timers.

Buffs: Chaos, Miser, Tactician, Samurai, Frailty, Fury, Wilt, DEX/Barrier

Setup: PLD/BLU WHM, SMN, GEO (WHM was dualboxed by PLD so no /smn)
GEO THF/SAM THF/SAM THF/SAM COR/SMN /SMN

Another question about THF SJ for this fight :D I suspect you have THF sub SAM for faster tp gain? Wouldn't /COR and use QD every 50 sec generates tp faster than /SAM? THF can wear all the QD recast gears COR can, and Schutzen Mittens. With all the store tp gears+ mitten+ sam roll it should be possible to gain over 300 tp per shot, which makes it higher tp gain per sec than meditate every 3 min if I calculate it correctly.

Or does /SAM just works better for this?
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-02-23 23:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't you just miss the hell out of QD?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-23 23:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Not sure actually, didn't even realize that was a viable strat. I assume Calipso is probably right, I personally would have preferred /WAR for berserk but I think we were probably really over cap already.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-23 23:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
Wouldn't you just miss the hell out of QD?

You'll get a lot of resist, but unless the NM has some sort of magic shield that make you do flat 0 damage you should get tp back even at full resist(1/8).

A "full resist" should be 1/8 of dmg. Even against targets with super high meva you should still do more than 0 if I understand how magic dmg works correctly. I've never do 0 dmg QD unless I'm double weak or NM has magic shield that nullifies magic. Even against targets with super high meva/mdt-/mdb and using none ilv gun, QD still do more than 0 damage on targets without magic shield from my experience.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-23 23:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Also assuming it feeds it TP, I would advise against using Quick Draw since the entire point of the fight is to not feed it tp
By Afania 2016-02-23 23:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Also assuming it feeds it TP, I would advise against using Quick Draw since the entire point of the fight is to not feed it tp

QD doesn't feed tp.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-23 23:33:03
Link | Citer | R

I should mention that all THF were basically geared from their other jobs without actually dedicated gear (they all geared it from their BLUs/NINs etc) and they all had 0 JP. So if we were to use 3x Aeonic THF with 2100 JP we could probably get the fight down to sub 15 minutes no problem.
Vajra performs much better than Aeneas in these situations
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-23 23:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Vajra may be better due to the 30% SA/TA buff, but Aeonics are also a pretty massive boost with the 500 TP Bonus, and are also free. Vajra also loses the luster of not having the AM3 work since the only hit that matters is the first. I suspect any of RMA are fine, and Mandau is probably lolMandau.

Point is, anything is better than our izhikooh thf X_X
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-24 00:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Vajra may be better due to the 30% SA/TA buff, but Aeonics are also a pretty massive boost with the 500 TP Bonus, and are also free.

Aeonics aren't really "free" since 50k beads and all those kills + repeated wipes on HELM takes a lot of time to do, those time you could just spam VD BC for millions of gil :p
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-24 00:06:32
Link | Citer | R

I edited my post for stupidity if you didn't notice 8D. You could make the same argument about doing 52 einherjars, 15 nyzul, 50 assaults, gathering 30k alex, then getting 1700 monster kills, 3 chariot kills, 3 t4 kills, 3 pw kills, then 10000 buttetsu. If you've already killed the NMs once to actually own the thing, chances are it's only going to be easier from there on out.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-24 00:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Vajra may be better due to the 30% SA/TA buff, but Aeonics are also a pretty massive boost with the 500 TP Bonus, and are also free. Vajra also loses the luster of not having the AM3 work since the only hit that matters is the first. I suspect any of RMA are fine, and Mandau is probably lolMandau.

Point is, anything is better than our izhikooh thf X_X
For a THF, the priority of mainhand daggers in this situation would be New Vajra > Old Vajra > Aeneas > New Twashtar > Max Taming Sari or New Mandau > whatever. AM is irrelevant unless you're using Mandau, which it would need to keep up with Sari. For offhand, it'd be New Twashtar > Magian TP Bonus Dagger > Max Taming Sari > whatever.

But yeah, Izhiikoh is pretty dated these days. Even a minimal augment Sari is better than all other Adoulin knives.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-24 00:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Agreed. Our "Thieves" just happened to have sharable gear with other jobs, 2 of them were lucky enough to have Skinflayer but our 3rd one never got a single Sari from 100+ SR. I'm pretty sure Erinys could get absolutely destroyed by 3 2100 Vajra 121 THF. I wouldn't be surprised if its most peoples 1st or 2nd NM (the other being Zerde)
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47