The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 80 81 82
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-24 23:09:44
Link | Citer | R

0% haste set is fixed with Herculean Gloves Augmented using Taupe Stones, with 15 DEX/STR + 30 ACC/ATTK and 4DW.
Didn't pay attention to florals, also; thanks SE on that one..
Guide Updated.

Sechs, if you really want to [I personally wouldn't], just use Horos +3, its the highest CHR, or Desultor Tassets for waltz cost?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-24 23:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Horos+3 is what I was thinking indeed.
But how do you people handle it, you just sit in excess waltz pot and call it a day?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-24 23:30:28
Link | Citer | R

They, use the subligar.
By Kainrostecello 2019-02-24 23:54:55
Link | Citer | R

If you’re thinking of removing the subligar for inventory concerns, then other people’s set won’t help you since those won’t consider what you already have in your inventory. It would be pointless to add a piece of gear so that you can remove a piece of gear.

That being said, for waltz potency Maxixi Casaque +3 and Maxixi Toeshoes +3 already put you at 33% Potency. For using waltz on others, the Horos Tiara +3 adds another 15% to put you at 47%. At that point, any Etoile gorget, a waltz cape, or even the Toetapper Mantle will cap you out and you just fill the rest with the highest CHR pieces you have.

For using waltz on yourself, where you presumably want to use Mummu Bonnet +2, common Dancer gear that you may have anyways to get you that last 17% include Etoile Gorgets (5, 7, or 10%), ambuscade waltz cape (10%), toetapper mantle (5%), and Yamarang (5%). Etoile gorget +1, toetapper mantle, and yamarang would do it and you fill the rest with the highest CHR and VIT pieces you already have.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-25 01:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Kainrostecello said: »
If you’re thinking of removing the subligar for inventory concerns, then other people’s set won’t help you since those won’t consider what you already have in your inventory. It would be pointless to add a piece of gear so that you can remove a piece of gear.
How can you be sure?
Maybe other people are using in their sets other pieces of gear that I didn't think of, that I already have and that I'm already using for other purposes, so yes, I could be saving inventory space, who knows.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-25 01:19:05
Link | Citer | R

I do understand your point for saving inventory, and even if you're using DNC for party Healing, and you don't care about your own blink every time you do so, then, just use Horos +3 and call it a day.

The sets provided try to shed more light on all degrees of benefits gained during that action, and blink is definitely one of them XD
[+]
By Kainrostecello 2019-02-25 01:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Kainrostecello said: »
How can you be sure?
Maybe other people are using in their sets other pieces of gear that I didn't think of, that I already have and that I'm already using for other purposes, so yes, I could be saving inventory space, who knows.

Well, I did give you a list of things that most career DNC will have anyways for other uses to get you to 50% potency, most of which has the most CHR on it anyways. From there it’s just take whatever you have that has the most CHR on it.
By geigei 2019-02-25 03:34:34
Link | Citer | R

How is waltz potency from jp calculated? there was some testing long ago.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-25 04:54:32
Link | Citer | R

It's a fixed amount not a %, doesn't concur to the 50% cap.
Not sure if it gets added to the base value (before the % and VIT/CHR modifications) or after.
Willing to bet it's just a static value added at the end after every calculations.
It's like that for many other similar Job Point categories, after all.
By Tarualex 2019-02-26 00:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, new dancer here. I’m confused on whether the polyhymnia is worth getting or not. My take away from the guide is that it isn’t worth it, yet I see many dancers with it. At the moment I am using the Homestead dagger and Atoyac. Any guidance is appreciated.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-26 01:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Hello Taru,
Your impression is a bit confusing, because in the guide it says:

Quote:
-Obtained from Oboro and its our JSE weapon, easy to get.
-Its your third best Offhand after Setan Kober and Twashtar (Level 119 III).
-It will serve new/returning players a great deal and should be considered as first option.
-Can be further augmented with Accuracy +50, Store TP +8, Weapon Skill Damage +5%

For someone who just started playing DNC and doesn't have any DEMA, Sari, or even Ambuscade Dagger, Poly is your best option.

If you managed to make Ambuscade Dagger [Kaja Knife], you can still use poly in Offhand for sure.
By Tarualex 2019-02-26 20:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Hi Katriina! Thanks for the response. I must admit, when I said I looked at the guide I meant the one attached to the first page of this thread. In that guide it says:

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Polyhymnia

How to get it: Don't. Or trade a Cehuetzi Claw, a Darksteel Kukri, a Jambiya, and 150 of either Plutons, Beitetsu, or Riftborn Boulders to Oboro.

Polyhymnia's Regain effect does pay for maintaining the Samba effect, but with its rather low base damage, it is a mediocre off-hand weapon to Atoyac at best. Don't waste money on a really bad weapon, just because it has an item level of 119.

I did not realize there was a more recent guide. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-26 21:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, the one on bg-wiki is recent and super useful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-27 02:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Was trying this set during AM3 up, and the outcomes were great, in the case of pure white DMG fights, or when you're amnesia, maybe its worth to build this "bonus" set:

ItemSet 359849
* Skinflayer with Crtical DMG of +7% using Fern.
* Cape with Crtical Rate of 10%

[Critical hit damage +42% and 39% Crtical hit rate] + 14% critical hit rate from Feather Step
Didn't count Rouge's Roll..
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 06:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Was trying this set during AM3 up, and the outcomes were great, in the case of pure white DMG fights, or when you're amnesia, maybe its worth to build this "bonus" set:

ItemSet 359849
* Skinflayer with Crtical DMG of +7% using Fern.
* Cape with Crtical Rate of 10%

[Critical hit damage +42% and 39% Crtical hit rate] + 14% critical hit rate from Feather Step
Didn't count Rouge's Roll..

1. Almost 0 attack in gear.
2. You only have 14% triple attack rate. I don't think wearing that belt is justified. Windbuffet should be better.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-27 14:19:13
Link | Citer | R

1. There is approximately 136 Attack vs 219, that's 83 difference, change your food and you're good to go.
2.Yeah, I will switch to it and see.
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 15:22:29
Link | Citer | R

1. There is approximately 136 Attack vs 219, that's 83 difference, change your food and you're good to go.
2.Yeah, I will switch to it and see.

How exactly did you manage to get 83 attack difference, when body alone is +92 attack >.>

Relic +3 body - +92 attack
Samnuha - +18 attack
relic +3 feet - +67 attack

That's 177 attack at least.

Samnuha should be slightly better than Turms +1
Herc boots with 5%CRD would be better too

and that's without even counting in the attack gain.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-27 16:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Only accounted for attack on each piece, didn’t convert STR like you did...
That’s besides the point; attack food is still an option, and in capped situations you’d think that matters?

I remembered I already have few herc pieces with critical dmg for cdc.
During my try, this set did wonderful, tweaking it is only a matter of time, and more testing from other players would definitely help.
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 17:03:53
Link | Citer | R

That’s besides the point; attack food is still an option, and in capped situations you’d think that matters?

I remembered I already have few herc pieces with critical dmg for cdc.
During my try, this set did wonderful, tweaking it is only a matter of time, and more testing from other players would definitely help.

Well according to my calculations, TA and DA on Samnuha is about even to crit rate on Turms, but Samnuha also adds att and fSTR on top of it, so should be slightly better.

5% CRD Herc boots are best for Climactic Rudra too, so you should have them anyway.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-02-27 17:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only Dancer in the world who doesn't play this entire game in capped buffs?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-27 17:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »
Am I the only Dancer in the world who doesn't play this entire game in capped buffs?

Every. Person. Who has EVER. Posted on here. Has no less than 6 songs and 10 rolls with 3 bolstered GEO 100% of the time. They have never been dispelled a single time ever. It's pretty interesting when you think about it. pretty wild.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 18:21:25
Link | Citer | R

I also think that you can't simply drop 177 att (which is obviously FAR more when multiplied by buffs) and say "eat different food", when I would eat attack food in the first place, when not using Centovente.

From that 177 attack, only 30 came from STR.
Speaking of STR, it's another stat, that you drop in this set. 30 STR is around 7 base dmg from fSTR. That alone is probably around 5% DPS loss.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-28 00:31:00
Link | Citer | R

I adore how debates devolve on this forum, it’s quit entertaining!
Back to what’s at hand now, keeping Turmus +1 and switching to Herc, Belt.
I’ll update set then, thanks Simon~
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-28 07:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Tried with modified AM3 set [Box step, Trust Frailty, Dia, lightshot, Escha Buffs]

First Hit: Climactic [8411]
Second Hit: Normal Offhand[557]
Third Hit: Critical without AM3 Proc [2910]
Fourth Hit: Normal AM3 proc [2210]
Fifth Hit: Critical AM3 proc [4096]
By SimonSes 2019-02-28 08:36:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Should I respond as a person who play many jobs and make calculations for even more, or should I respond from DNC perspective. Inb4 jokes that I shouldn't respond at all :P

From DNC perspective it's cool, but making screenshot with Climactic and on target that takes 25% more damage from piercing kinda smells propaganda :D

From multijob perspective. DNC is around 3600 white DPS with this set. that's around Veret MNK without Impetus, Caladbolg DRK in regular TP set and below Twashtar THF in almost regular TP set and below Ukonvasara WAR with ragular TP set.

Impetus monk can go up to around 6000. WAR with Ukonvasara with white damage set (that's actually posted on last page in WAR thread atm) can go up to 6400 with floored dDEX and almost 8k and more with Blood rage and positive dDEX.

So from DNC perspective it might be somehow cool set for very rare scenario of Amnesia or specific fight, but it's not as cool like for monk, thief or war where its actually competitive against regular TP sets.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-28 08:40:53
Link | Citer | R

No,lol that first one should’ve been cropped, I couldn’t because of presto msg ...
Also tried on tigers, slightly lower but this screenshot had all hits!
By SimonSes 2019-02-28 08:44:49
Link | Citer | R

No,lol that first one should’ve been cropped, I couldn’t because of presto msg ...
Also tried on tigers, slightly lower but this screenshot had all hits!

Also that 2900 crit is actually an AM3 proc :P
By farok 2019-02-28 17:50:27
Link | Citer | R

When/if one needed to cap delay in situations where Haste Samba isn't an option, can't get Haste II or Marches, and/or you're weak/zombi, you should probably use this set:

With Trusts and Haste Samba:
ItemSet 365170
*Cape with STP 10

Could someone explain why I'd want a STP 10 cape for 40% haste and a DA 10 for Max Haste? Thanks!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-01 03:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Not set in stone, but:
DA Cape for Twashtar users.
STP Cape for Terpsichore users.

In both 40% Haste and Max Haste.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-03 20:53:54
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 365401

Was playing around with a fast cast set for an experiment. This is what I came up with. Anyone aware of any other gear that would help us? FFXIAH Power Search doesn't allow you to look for 'all jobs' gear, unless you do it the long way. I couldn't find any additional pieces here or on the wiki under fast cast, but they aren't always up to date. Figured I'd ask for those with more jobs that might be aware of gear that crosses over.

Ammo - 2% or Impatiens if you want Quick Magic.
Head - 7% + 6% Aug = 13%
Neck - 4% (5% if you can get the Meeble, Orunila?)
Ears - 4% (Etoilation Ear option for -1%)
Body - 9% (Leafdim Aug (HQ Adhemar Aug 10%, NQ Adhemar Aug 7% or Dread Jupon 7%)
Hands - 8% Cap SR Aug
Rings - 4% (Adoulin Ring would make it 7%)
Back - 10% Ambu Aug
Waist - Couldn't find anything
Legs - 6% Fern Aug
Feet - 6% Fern Aug

For a total of 64% Fast Cast. 65% with Meeble, 66% with Ahdhemar+1 Path D.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 80 81 82