On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 95 96 97
By eliroo 2019-05-10 13:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Stoneskin (which should ALWAYS be up)

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I have sublimation and stoneskin up then I won't wake up when a mob hits me with sleep?
By Nariont 2019-05-10 14:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Whm can hit dt cap easy, infact it has options of dt

Cap dt+hp
Cap dt+high meva
Mid dt+stupid high meva
Mid dt+high refresh

Take your pick
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-05-10 14:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
WHM is one of the most sturdiest jobs in the game. Why are you dying? What kind of weird idle are you in?

Whm is only sturdy to magic damage, not phys. You can swap to pdt, but youre losing refresh idles.

Youre also not sturdy midcast.

10 PDT cape, 6 DT neck, 10 PDT from body if you have it, 10 DT dring, 3 DT from ammo, 10 PDT from shield, 10 DT from +1 wand, 15 DT from SU5 or Mafic 10 PDT.

Again

Wut?
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 14:01:53
Link | Citer | R

WHM is one of the most sturdiest jobs in the game. Why are you dying? What kind of weird idle are you in?

Probably refresh gear, believe it or not that's very common and we have to break every new WHM into idling in -DT gear.

Outside of that some boss's have "alliance buster" moves that deal stupid damage at the 25+ yalm range. If a WHM is in midcast when one of those goes off, it's entirely possible for them to become a red smear on the ground. Then we got our (un)friendly neighborhood NIN's doing Mijin Gakure at the worst possible moment.

So basically the harder high CL content tends to have moves that can and will devastate anyone not prepared for it. And by "prepared" I mean actively trying not to die and not passively thinking "pssh I'm the WHM and won't die anyway".

Of course anyone who just SMN burns everything probably won't ever have to deal with these.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 14:02:01
Link | Citer | R

This thread went fullpopcorn overnight.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 14:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Whm is only sturdy to magic damage, not phys. You can swap to pdt, but youre losing refresh idles.

10 PDT cape, 6 DT neck, 10 PDT from body if you have it, 10 DT dring, 3 DT from ammo, 10 PDT from shield, 10 DT from +1 wand, 15 DT from SU5 or Mafic 10 PDT.

Again

Wut?

Yeah WHM can hit PDT / MDT cap easily

10PDT Main
10PDT Sub
10PDT Cape
10DT Ring1
6DT Neck
Then like 4 from the second ring / ammo / wherever.

They can then wear Inyanga +2 in 4 or 5 slots and have Runefencer like Magic Evasion. Combined with their native Shellra V the will have beyond 50% MDT.

We refer to this build as "Gandalf". As long as the WHM isn't stupid (like inflicting a potent defense down / magic defense down on themselves) they'll survive anything and repair whatever damage the bad guy just did.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Again

Wut?

You must need to spam cure 6s like crazy with that as your midcast set.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:08:50
Link | Citer | R

My dude, how many brain cells you got? You literally make me look smart. I appreciate that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-05-10 14:09:25
Link | Citer | R

You are vastly over estimating how much refresh you need. And, that was lame
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Whm don't need no refresh, fack you mean. They got Empy pants +1, that basically is infinite MP.
By eliroo 2019-05-10 14:13:07
Link | Citer | R

How are you able to post here if you are casting Cure 6 so much.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Whm don't need no refresh, fack you mean. They got Empy pants +1, that basically is infinite MP.

Let me know how well those pants do if you need to cast arise 2-3x because DDs were caught mid WS or casting enfeebles/nas/erase/esuna etc. They dont give MP back, and its not like everything you go to has a brd or rdm that can pop a refresh on you.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-05-10 14:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Clearly youre incapable of reading.

Whm DOES NOT have a + HP DT set. +HP.

Nor does WHM need it. Which was my whole point in that huge post you quoted, and that you didn't bother to refute. Clearly someone is incapable of reading, that's for sure.

Again, no clue how your WHM manages to die so much but since mine doesn't I'm going to say you're probably standing in the wrong place.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:14:55
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

How are you able to post here if you are casting Cure 6 so much.

I dont, because i have a proper midcast with cure potency, but apparently all you morons are full DT at all times somehow in some mystical fairy land where nothing ever goes wrong and all members of your party are full bis, 0 latency and lag, and bosses never use TP.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:15:30
Link | Citer | R

I've whm'd a lot using at best 5mp/tick refresh set which I don't use at all. 5/5 Inyanga capping DT all the way.

Casting Arise multiple times is no problem when you are smart and go /sch and make it cast 75 mp per cast... You moron.

Erase is nothing either. MP still easily manageable if you don't suck.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 14:16:02
Link | Citer | R

You are vastly over estimating how much refresh you need. And, that was lame

Refresh is for long content where Arises / ect.. need handed out and that's 100% the territory of the BRD and their buffed Ballad III.

It's the mindset of WHM's coming from CP farming land / minor events into the world of big events. Minor events tend to focus on sustained MP in a non-buffed scenario while major events will have tons of buffs thrown around and focus on survivability.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-10 14:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This thread went fullpopcorn overnight.
It's Nyaarun, what do you expect?

Remember, this is a guy who just literally said that WHMs die in 1 hit. Never mind that they don't, and have great ways to keep from dying, like DT sets and all.

But then again, this is a guy who also says that only a WHM is needed to survive to prevent a wipe. I wonder if his dream alliance is 18 WHMs?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:18:40
Link | Citer | R

I've whm'd a lot using at best 5mp/tick refresh set which I don't use at all. 5/5 Inyanga capping DT all the way.

Casting Arise multiple times is no problem when you are smart and go /sch and make it cast 75 mp per cast... You moron.

Erase is nothing either. MP still easily manageable if you don't suck.

Protip; conserve mp doesnt always proc, and how much it saves isnt consistent when it does proc.
By Nariont 2019-05-10 14:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Its like people dont have different toggles, or use strats for raise/arise, if mp becomes a factor swap over and build it back up, or ask for another ballad
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:23:30
Link | Citer | R

No joke, Nyaarun is more of a pleb than anyone I have heard of... Stick to them V2 VE ambuscades and keep getting 1 shotted while running out of mp spamming cure 6 for 150 HP. Sounds like you do good.
Learn to play the game, then comment on ***you understand. You probably still Whm/Blm like it's 2005.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Its like people dont have different toggles, or use strats for raise/arise, if mp becomes a factor swap over and build it back up, or ask for another ballad

Yes, ill ask the cor busy with DD for a ballad.

Again, you dont always get optimal party layouts. You get what you get. I even have an HMP set because there are times where we have 0 refresh and conserve MP refuses to proc on high MP casts multiple times in a row. ***happens, the idea you have that everything is always fine and dandy is a dream world, not reality.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:25:32
Link | Citer | R

No joke, Nyaarun is more of a pleb than anyone I have heard of... Stick to them V2 VE ambuscades and keep getting 1 shotted while running out of mp spamming cure 6 for 150 HP. Sounds like you do good.
Learn to play the game, then comment on ***you understand. You probably still Whm/Blm like it's 2005.

At this point im convinced the majority of you are morons who fail at basic reading comprehension.

The person listed a full PDT set. My comment was aimed at the fact that you cant fulltime DT, as you have spells to cast. Thus the comment: "you must run oom constantly for all those cure 6s you need to cast".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 14:25:52
Link | Citer | R

I've only seen MP become an issue in two situations, first is someone who was obviously botting a WHM and didn't know how. They had it casting Cure V and VI all the time. The second was on Dyna runs where our puller Dap, who's actually on the monsters side, was particularly overzealous in his pulling and several bad moments happened where the single real WHM's had to cast Arise like six or seven times in a row after having been killed themselves and the BRD hadn't cast ballad since the start of the run. Basically we got way to cocky and sloppy while laughing at our friends untimely demise.

So yeah WHM shouldn't have any issues with MP if the team isn't *** off.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:26:43
Link | Citer | R

If you have a party of like Tank, DD, DD, DD, DD, Whm then it's your own fault. Learn to build a party.
By Nariont 2019-05-10 14:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Problem is the situations you cook up are a pt of healer tank and 16 dds.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:29:36
Link | Citer | R

At this point im convinced the majority of you are morons who fail at basic reading comprehension.

My nig, you are actually the most brain dead person on these forums. You think you understand ***, but you don't. You are way over your head and you need to step back and look and how ***you actually are. You brung up conserve MP when I never even mentioned it. Learn to read and play, yeah.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Problem is the situations you cook up are a pt of healer tank and 16 dds.

No, theyre proper parties. You dont always get perfect jobs for the parties.

Geo is a support. Geo isnt going to refresh you.

Cor is a support. Cor isnt going to refresh you.

Bard and rdm are supports, doesnt mean youre going to always have one to get refresh.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:32:10
Link | Citer | R

My nig, you are actually the most brain dead person on these forums. You think you understand ***, but you don't. You are way over your head and you need to step back and look and how ***you actually are. You brung up conserve MP when I never even mentioned it. Learn to read and play, yeah.

Guess why /sch is so mp efficient? Conserve MP. The base reduction per spell is nice, but conserve MP is the primary winner to why it beats put /rdm converts, esp with a CMP set for spells like arise.
By eliroo 2019-05-10 14:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Toggles you say?

Could also make a DT cureset if being nuked is that scary.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Geo is a support. Geo isnt going to refresh you.

Confirmed you're braindead.... 99% of GEOs go /rdm. /Rdm has access to Refresh. If you have a good Geo you get refreshed. Stop playing with people like you, you might learn a few things.

Even entrust refresh is a thing...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 95 96 97