Salvage II Soloable?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage II soloable?
Salvage II soloable?
First Page 2 3 4
 Caitsith.Crunch
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: CrumbD
By Caitsith.Crunch 2013-12-09 22:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Anyone had any experience soloing any of these zones? Thinking bst, blu, pld and rdm might have potential to solo somewhat easily.
By minikomby 2013-12-09 23:09:08
Link | Citer | R

ARII seems to be easy for blue mage, i did this area with boyfriend and was easy and honestly i think blue mage can solo this area, pro and contras, you need pay attention on ramparts when they pop the 8 gears, a mistake and you could die, aoe spell + dream flower work then pikc one at time, Kimi here is where you need some skill and medicines, Fulmination can mess up your run if you arent careful.
By voiceless 2013-12-09 23:49:00
Link | Citer | R

paladin
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-12-09 23:58:00
Link | Citer | R

PUP
[+]
 Bismarck.Xxpimpjuicexx
By Bismarck.Xxpimpjuicexx 2013-12-10 00:37:12
Link | Citer | R

done this as pup blu pld mnk bst and drg. it's much easier with pup.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-10 05:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Decent amount of jobs can do it. I'd say RUN/RDM with RCB/Senbaak Nagan would clear it the quickest solo. It would probably be the best choice /THF aswell, although you would not be receiving haste.
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-12-10 05:42:01
Link | Citer | R

From that job list for AR II, BST/DNC,will unlock JA/SJ from lamp and can unlock ammo in first floor off leeches.

But "best" and fast job to do it SOLO, PUP/DNC w/ RNG automaton can full clear it in ~60 mins killing all the NMs, 40sh just killing the NQ and HQ bosses, should have some mulsums for Bosses.

About /THF that's useless.. I've been doing AR II for more than 2 months daily, with a thf, TH7 if matters, and the Alex drop rate off the Gears(the ones that drop 1 100% and 2 occ.) TH does nothing. about the linen off the NQ, I could say I've got more NQ linens when I go w/o thf.

My Average Alex per run 120sh, low as 90sh, high as 140 just with 1 linen. best run was 2x linen(98, 52!!) 4x pounches(8, 18, 18, 11) 45 from gears for 250 but lately just rushing to Ramparts and NQ/HQ bosses.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-12-10 06:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Pld blu or pup, don't bst. Reason being is if you don't get lucky on ammo its going to be a rough 1st floor. Not to mention try to take down orthus or cerb with pet is just slow process. I solo BR & ZR on Blu/Run many times, its stupid easy. GL
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-12-10 07:54:21
Link | Citer | R

DRG/DNC WIF SHANTOOTOO TRUST NPC
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-10 08:17:58
Link | Citer | R

itchi508 said: »
Pld blu or pup, don't bst. Reason being is if you don't get lucky on ammo its going to be a rough 1st floor. Not to mention try to take down orthus or cerb with pet is just slow process. I solo BR & ZR on Blu/Run many times, its stupid easy. GL

Exactly how is BLU/RUN anyhow? Ive seen it mentioned a few times the last 2 months. What makes it better then /RDM? Just curious since I've been thinking of running these as well after this patch coming up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-12-10 09:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Blu/Run is awesome, Eating GoH and anything else for 20dmg or even full resist with runes, vallation, saline coat & MD set. Plus Using Req to bypass the DT some have like Orthus, makes for a fast fight that you rarely need to even cure yourself. Plus on 1st floor you can spam sudden lunge to make your start less painful. Also vert isn't needed when you /rdm which is the reason /run is more beneficial. Since the only reason to /rdm is for convert it holds no other value. And the runs i have done i never converted so i changed to /run
By Xodia 2013-12-13 02:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Hey all im just wondering can an oat mnk/dnc solo AR2? norm tp for fodder ofc and then full DT set for bosses (otronif etc.)
By Astrael 2013-12-13 03:39:08
Link | Citer | R

A strong DNC/WAR (or any subjob really) is a surprisingly easy solo as well. No harder than soloing a reive. Full clear ARII in about 70 minutes. The NMs and bosses only manage to get one TP move off per fight if that. I had used /THF a few times but it wasn't helping drops at all and slowed me down about 10 minutes on average.

Only zone I haven't tried is Bhaflau though, not sure if self-skillchains are enough to overcome DT yet.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-13 03:56:48
Link | Citer | R

RDM can solo SSR2 pretty comfortably. Tier5 nukes from boss were doing 300-400. Takes about 45 minutes though if you go straight to boss. I could probably cut that down if I ever decide to put together a TP/WS set for RDM.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-12-13 04:57:21
Link | Citer | R

SSR2 boss nukes do nothing on ilvl geared character... until he use the TP move that lower magic defense and something else(guess magic evasion) on you.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2013-12-13 05:38:23
Link | Citer | R

ilvl 115 sam/dnc solo

i went in and tried silver seas II as sam/dnc for the hell of it. gettin to the nq dvergr wasnt an issue; fought it and wasted my 1hr on it. tried the hq boss and did pretty well, died with twilight gear, kept gettin back up til i killed it. got 80alex from the linen.
overall pretty simple for sam (should have just popped nq boss and zoned to final floor and used 1hr on it).
make sure to make use of warding circle and hamanoha on the boss, and save the 1hrs for the hq boss, and it should be no troubles.
By Xodia 2013-12-13 11:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok so i just soloed AR2 there before the maint on mnk/dnc, man it was so easy, just use ilvl armor for NMs and most there tp moves will miss you or do little damage. 91 alex after run bad linen :/ but i skipped the lamia NM incase EES would kill me and i only killed 8 gears because i wasnt sure id make it in time with maint coming so ya it was fun overall. Finished with 5mins before maint :).

oh also bring remedies for fulmination.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-12-13 11:18:35
Link | Citer | R

No point killing single gears btw in AR2 unless you need body or weapon they dont drop alex. Only the triples in AR2 drop alex as well as chariots/ramparts and NMs obviously. You may know this but just clarifying for the benefit of anyone reading what you typed thinking you killed 8 single gears for the alex. Also if you can kill all acroliths solo safely including the very last one that pops after you killed the other two then you're more than safe to kill the RNG lamia EES isnt something to be concerned about assuming counterstance isnt up or something silly.
By cervelo84 2013-12-13 11:19:00
Link | Citer | R

ty^
By Xodia 2013-12-13 11:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh ya krs your right, ya its the triple ones like you said that pop from the ramparts thanks for clarifying.
By minikomby 2013-12-13 11:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Singles gear drop alex just what drop rate is super low
 Siren.Calnus
Serveur: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-12-13 11:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Angierus said: »
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

That's not a solo, that's being carried by Shantoto.

This is absolutely hilarious... but raises the actual question. Due to work this week I've been too busy to be able to play this week. Can you actually bring trust NPC's with you into salvage and instanced events? What about BCNM or such?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-12-13 12:04:12
Link | Citer | R

FFXIDB entry :

Archaic Gear Arrapago Remnants 25619 out of 225997 11.3%

Yes sorry AR2 single gears do drop alex the 4 on floor 2 also, its old AR1 which has 0% drop rate on alex for single gears.
By Astrael 2013-12-13 15:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Just to confirm, the single gears in ARII definitely drop alexandrites (on both 2nd and 5th floors), the drop rate is just so poor it's not worth going out of your way to farm them unless you have tons of time. They tricked me by going 3/4 in the first room last night but then only one of the remaining gears dropped out of the huge mess in the rampart room.
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2013-12-14 08:56:10
Link | Citer | R

I did SSRII on pup/nin with whm frame, straight tanked the Bloodthirsty Dweorg, a couple close calls, but not bad. 88 alex and marduk body 45 dropped
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-12-21 07:57:29
Link | Citer | R

I did ARII solo as BLU/NIN, super easy as long as you keep shadows up.

Even HQ Khim has trouble hitting you. And Fulmination is stunable. Just don't keep stunning him 100% of the time cause you will hit the stun wall before you kill him.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-21 08:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Calnus said: »
Angierus said: »
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

That's not a solo, that's being carried by Shantoto.

This is absolutely hilarious... but raises the actual question. Due to work this week I've been too busy to be able to play this week. Can you actually bring trust NPC's with you into salvage and instanced events? What about BCNM or such?
Not yet, SE has said they have plans to allow us to bring them into certain events, one very important instance is they talked about using Trust NPCs to actually fix the issue with soloing Nyzul, Lamps, which means that NPCs should have functions that allow them to interact with things like Lamps for us, as well as bringing them into events like Salvage.

The only possible thing that makes me think they will not do this, is the fact of how Salvage itself works, with us starting naked and having to get our gear, they can not do this with our NPCs Im sure, so Salvage itself may end up a no go. But, while right now they are only for normal combat and Reives, we should see much more from them in the future, and hopefully this is included!
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-01-01 08:25:25
Link | Citer | R

After reading the thread I thought I would go try solo ZR II.

Managed to clear and kill enraged hydra solo mnk/dnc no mule.

Bit of a gamble on enraged hydra depending on the resists he uses as you need the tp to cure your self. Crit hits did 572 dmg to me that's the highest one I saw. normal attacks were anything from 71 guarded - 200 normal hit.

Went in hundred fist and got to about 50% when it wore then had to pop formless almost straight away as it put shield up. formless wore around 15% and at this point I was just waltzing for hp and popping perfect counter as soon as ready. VS killed it from 6%.

Not particularly difficult but I could see how it could go wrong but if your smart it shouldn't be too bad. NQ hydra was weak.
First Page 2 3 4