Salvage II Soloable?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage II soloable?
Salvage II soloable?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-01 10:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Can Silver Sea Rampart II be done by mnk/dnc solo?

I want to alternate between this and ARR2 since spamming ARR2 bores me. Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-01-04 18:42:12
Link | Citer | R

i dont think mnk/dnc can solo SSR2. bosses nukes still deal a decent amount of dmg, and they are near instant cast. maybe you can interrupt his casts w/ your auto attacks, but ive yet to interrupt him as sam/dnc.
i would stick w/ AR2 or ZR2.

im wondering... can a thf/dnc solo AR2?
buddy wants to solo salvage but only has thf and war available.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-13 07:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Leauce said: »
i dont think mnk/dnc can solo SSR2. bosses nukes still deal a decent amount of dmg, and they are near instant cast. maybe you can interrupt his casts w/ your auto attacks, but ive yet to interrupt him as sam/dnc.

THF can solo till 6th floor, in which he has to kill the rampart in under 3 mins.

I tried once and killed it in 3mins and 5 seconds and never tried again.

Can PLD solo SSR2? If yes then which subjob would be good? /rdm or /thf or /dnc? - thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-01-13 09:49:33
Link | Citer | R

I've been constantly able to solo AR2 on my THF mule (Xiron) usually between 45-50 mins by just fully unlocking all gear, and then farming alexs on floor 5 + nq/hq Khimairas. I use the following sets (forgive me for the format D: I've never posted sets before). Also, forgive my poor grammar ;_; Please note that this strategy probably isn't the best, it's just what I usually do to clear it. Some other notes, I use RCB for food, and would recommend soloers bringing RR, remedies, and instant protect/shell from peacekeepers' coalition for the last 2 floors. Also, this was done before RoE/AA updates, so my sets are prolly outdated.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318438 (TP)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318440 (WS)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318441 (Hybrid)

For the first floor, I clear the first room of vultures (NW wing) to unlock head/neck and back/waist. If the starting lamp doesn't give HP, I farm the first Merrow Kabukidancer in the first hallway for HP (legs/feet from this lamia would be a bonus). Once these are dead, I farm the first room of leeches in the SW wing for ranged and rings/earrings; and the first Merrow Shadowdancer in the hallway for hands. Then, travel up SW wing portal.

If you didn't get lucky from lamias from the first floor and wasn't able to unlock hands/legs/feet, just kill the two lamias in the room that you pop in on floor 2. Note that killing both lamias pops the four archaic gears in the hallways near the portal. Not hard to kill/avoid agroing, but if you don't want to deal with em or save a bit of time, just portal up once you kill 1 of the 2 lamias (assuming you're fully unlocked at this point except body which is farmed on floor 5).

Third floor, Spectral Jig up and take the north portal. Forth floor, if you want to help on EVA/Exenterator/Parrying, travel up north to flytrap room, they unlock AGI. The west room past the two acroliths (can avoid with spectral jig) contains Merrow Fatedealers which unlock VIT. I suggest players to unlock these if they are new to AR2 since the monsters on floors 5,6, and 7 hit pretty hard even with i109 gear etc. Port up to floor 5.

For floor five, I avoid to the first two rooms of single archaic gear mobs until I reach the final room where farming alexes starts. You can kill the two singles in the first room to unlock body/ranged, but the farming room has 4 single archaic gear mobs in the center which you can farm to unlock body/hands. Then proceed going to poke down the ramparts until they spawn their gears. Feel free to ws them but watch out not to kill them before they spawn their babies. I try to knock out as much hp as possible before the rampart spawns its babies so I can quickly kill the rampart asap to avoid a massive link. At this point, I take down the triple archaic gears, avoiding as much links as possible. However, if I do end up linking a bunch or all of them, I just allign them up to the point where I can parry some attacks using the pillars. At this point, I sometimes swap to my EVAHybrid set, spam Curing Waltz III's and pray to baby jesus I don't wipe. The triple gears will unlock STR/DEX/INT attributes. Once the room if farmed, excluding the 4 center single gears, I portal up.

I start by killing off one archaic chariot, and during the 2nd archaic chariot, I build TP/4 Finishing Moves to prepare for Armored Chariot. I kill off the first two to avoid agros during Armored Chariot fight since it can be inefficient using TP to waltz when racing against the 3 minute kill mark. I start off with 1 Box Step to lower DEF (should have 5 Finishing Moves now) and then Assassin's Charge + Exenterator -> Reverse Flourish -> TP poke -> SA + Exenterator. From here, regular fight til it's death. It's possible to stand behind, so abuse Sneak Attack imo. It's usually a close call, it dies between 2:40-2:55 minutes for me, but I've never lost one before. Bring remedies for Discharge's paralyze if you can't Healing Waltz it off the first time, to save time. Once dead, I abuse the 3rd archaic chariot to fully heal up (Curing Waltz), and build another 100 TP/4 Finishing Moves. Then, I poke the archaic rampart down, as low as possible before it spawns nq Khimaira. For Khimaira, I poke his bum with TH gear, and then Box Step (5 FM now). I stand on the sides to avoid lithic breath/plague swipe, and run behind for the occasional SA + Exen. I bring remedies for fulmination. Be sure to keep HP high due to dreadstorm/fulm can still hurt. However, I don't have a MDT set or RoE Wayfarer's Set to help mitigate dmg; so you could use those. Also, be sure to use Instant Protect/Shell scrolls before engaging nq khimy if needed.

Last floor, I treat HQ Khimaira just like the nq one, except I don't build 100 TP/4 Finishing Moves before I engage. Perfect Dodge if needed. Don't need to TH him since linen is 100%. Done D:

I've been doing this for about two weeks with consecutive wins before stopping due to boredom. I did wipe the first few times trying this out when I didn't bring Instant Shell (didn't need protect too much). I'll make a video if I can figure out how to work it on my PC. Happy hunting D:, hope I was of some halp.
[+]
By volkom 2014-01-13 09:57:50
Link | Citer | R

why do people think /rdm is a good sub job for jobs with mp in salvageII??
I'd think /whm would be way better
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-01-13 10:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Not sure, Fast Cast/Convert and stronger bar spells would be my guess.
By volkom 2014-01-13 10:33:37
Link | Citer | R

thought the barspells are the same if you're subbing whm or rdm.
and /whm you can remove status ailments and still get all the defensive spells except refresh/phalanx.

/shrug iono. I just don't like having bio/plague/paralyze on me when i fight
By Spiraboo 2014-01-13 10:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Rdm is B+ on enhancing and whm is C+ on enhancing so you are probably going to get a bit more magic resistance on rdm (if my maths is right it's 1 point more.. XD)

The downfall i can think off for /whm is the lack of refresh. so you only have what you have on your mp pool for each floor unless you have access to refresh gear or ethers, but /rdm will give you quite a bit more mp through 3mp/tick for when you need it. And maybe rdm will give you slightly better base melee stats? not sure.

I think most people soloing would bring remedy/meds to relieve most status ailments.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-13 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

I /whm on dancer for AR2.

Getting sanction refresh+balrahn ring and buffing yourself in the RoE Wayfarer Set (that anyone doing AR2 solo can wear) gives 5/tick refresh and will cover your mp needs.
ItemSet 318449
The 1/tick from sanction refresh is more than enough passive refresh while in your normal tp/ws sets that /rdm and refresh spell isn't needed.
You arent fully unlocked until the gearfloor to leverage the 3/tick refresh from the armor set, but thats really when most of the casting and mp use really comes into play anyways.

I also debuff in this set for certain things like pulling Qutrubs reliably with silence to avoid links if I feel like doing the bloodshed plan Qutrub NM.
Wayfarer set has a ton of mnd on it so you'll have what I believe is capped stoneskin, it lasts like 3+ hits on stuff that matters like the NQ/HQ boss so its nice for soaking up tourbillion/dreadstorm or delaying you needing to heal yourself.

I only aquaveil/stoneskin/blink/haste before each NM or when I start each rampart on the gear floor. I'm able to kill it right when it pops reinforcements, then run 15 yalms away and pull 1 gear before the rest wake up. I pull the rest and rotate thru the room in about 15 mins.
ItemSet 318448

Armored chariot dies in 1min 45sec for me, lesser geared dnc would have plenty of time to do this NM in the time limit.

Aquaveil/stoneskin/blink/haste/haste sambas->SabreDance and pull it with Dia2 and just boxstep and ws/self sc it to death.
Most of the time it just barely gets thru blink/stoneskin right when I kill it so all of my TP goes into weaponskills and I dont need to cast cure or drop out of sabredance to waltz.

For NQ and HQ Boss I add barthunder/barpara to my prebuffs, then down those each in about 4mins each safely. You could do /war and shave some time off your run but you lose alot of safety buffer and you'll have to lean more on meds if things go bad/get laggy etc.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-01-13 18:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know of a good program that records game play? D: so I can record a AR2 run. Thanks in advance.
By volkom 2014-01-13 21:30:26
Link | Citer | R

nvidia shadowplay
playclaw (this is a paid monthly service)
fraps (prolly what you'll want)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2014-01-13 21:48:17
Link | Citer | R

OpenBroadcaster Software - Free and works awesomely.
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-01-13 21:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rafaras said: »

THF can solo till 6th floor, in which he has to kill the rampart in under 3 mins.

Can PLD solo SSR2? If yes then which subjob would be good? /rdm or /thf or /dnc? - thanks in advance.

It can. Ochain on everything until the bosses, then Aegis of course. I sub dnc and I recommend it since the bosses can and will aspir a lot if they get low on mp.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-14 00:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone know of a good program that records game play? D: so I can record a AR2 run. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for the advice in ARII. The instant protect and shell helped a lot. Also I was using Evisceration, but will soon swap it for Exenterator :)
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-01-14 00:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Thought I had already wrote a sufficient Thf AR2 solo guide in the other thread, wheres my credit too! If you're getting bored of the repetition Thf can probably solo BR2 too actually with perhaps some early aeolian edges on the cerbs it could be a faster run solo eventually even with cerb PDT gain if only physical dmg is done. Duo time for AR2 is around 52ish mins duo time on what felt like a slow BR2 run was only 45mins.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-01-14 07:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Haha sorry Krsone XD guess I didn't see your post. Thanks guys btw! I'll work on the video asap once I figure out how to work them/reinstall FFXI lol
 Odin.Acacia
Serveur: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-01-14 10:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Last night I gave BR2 a shot just for fun. I went as BLU/RDM with RoE armor/sword and it was pretty easy to hit all the plan NMs and both the bosses within the time limit. On top of that I realized my spell set was not optimal for fighting Cerb but I was too lazy to change it, and he was still easy.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-01-14 11:01:10
Link | Citer | R

You must have a gimp THF or something. I just returned to the game (quit for FFXIV) so my gear is half Espial and still has a few empy such, daggers are eminent and a rank 2 aphotic kukri and I killed the chariot in time to unlock NQ and HQ Khims. I've since gotten an atoyac and better learned how to utilize /dnc making me able to kill it under 3min easily.

The greatest difficulty for me as THF is the Lithic Breath move (weakened + petrified) which lasts for a full minute since my pdt/regen sets are severely lacking. I died exactly when petrified wore last time I did a true solo.

Any serious Thief can solo AR2 rather easily, with the only risk being boss depending on how well you've obtained defensive/regen pieces.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-01-14 11:07:57
Link | Citer | R

You should be tanking Khims on belly side or from behind, you should never be seeing breath attacks from Khims.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-14 11:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »

You must have a gimp THF or something. I just returned to the game (quit for FFXIV) so my gear is half Espial and still has a few empy such, daggers are eminent and a rank 2 aphotic kukri and I killed the chariot in time to unlock NQ and HQ Khims. I've since gotten an atoyac and better learned how to utilize /dnc making me able to kill it under 3min easily.

The greatest difficulty for me as THF is the Lithic Breath move (weakened + petrified) which lasts for a full minute since my pdt/regen sets are severely lacking. I died exactly when petrified wore last time I did a true solo.

Any serious Thief can solo AR2 rather easily, with the only risk being boss depending on how well you've obtained defensive/regen pieces.
Stand behind it. This will disable lithic breath, but enable plague swipe. Plaugue is annoying, but weakness/petrify is worse.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-14 13:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »

It can. Ochain on everything until the bosses, then Aegis of course. I sub dnc and I recommend it since the bosses can and will aspir a lot if they get low on mp.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate the reply.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-14 13:19:57
Link | Citer | R

I have all the gear necessary for a normal good THF, yet I think i failed because it was my first time on THF in so many years. Just started playing on THF again.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-01-14 14:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Stand behind it. This will disable lithic breath, but enable plague swipe. Plaugue is annoying, but weakness/petrify is worse.

Good to know! I always just stand in front because of spike flail scare mongering. My LS at the time of ToAU never saw the point in dealing with Khimaira competition so never actually fought the one in the field.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-02 11:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I've been constantly able to solo AR2 on my THF mule (Xiron) usually between 45-50 mins by just fully unlocking all gear, and then farming alexs on floor 5 + nq/hq Khimairas. I use the following sets (forgive me for the format D: I've never posted sets before). Also, forgive my poor grammar ;_; Please note that this strategy probably isn't the best, it's just what I usually do to clear it. Some other notes, I use RCB for food, and would recommend soloers bringing RR, remedies, and instant protect/shell from peacekeepers' coalition for the last 2 floors. Also, this was done before RoE/AA updates, so my sets are prolly outdated.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318438 (TP)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318440 (WS)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/318441 (Hybrid)

For the first floor, I clear the first room of vultures (NW wing) to unlock head/neck and back/waist. If the starting lamp doesn't give HP, I farm the first Merrow Kabukidancer in the first hallway for HP (legs/feet from this lamia would be a bonus). Once these are dead, I farm the first room of leeches in the SW wing for ranged and rings/earrings; and the first Merrow Shadowdancer in the hallway for hands. Then, travel up SW wing portal.

If you didn't get lucky from lamias from the first floor and wasn't able to unlock hands/legs/feet, just kill the two lamias in the room that you pop in on floor 2. Note that killing both lamias pops the four archaic gears in the hallways near the portal. Not hard to kill/avoid agroing, but if you don't want to deal with em or save a bit of time, just portal up once you kill 1 of the 2 lamias (assuming you're fully unlocked at this point except body which is farmed on floor 5).

Third floor, Spectral Jig up and take the north portal. Forth floor, if you want to help on EVA/Exenterator/Parrying, travel up north to flytrap room, they unlock AGI. The west room past the two acroliths (can avoid with spectral jig) contains Merrow Fatedealers which unlock VIT. I suggest players to unlock these if they are new to AR2 since the monsters on floors 5,6, and 7 hit pretty hard even with i109 gear etc. Port up to floor 5.

For floor five, I avoid to the first two rooms of single archaic gear mobs until I reach the final room where farming alexes starts. You can kill the two singles in the first room to unlock body/ranged, but the farming room has 4 single archaic gear mobs in the center which you can farm to unlock body/hands. Then proceed going to poke down the ramparts until they spawn their gears. Feel free to ws them but watch out not to kill them before they spawn their babies. I try to knock out as much hp as possible before the rampart spawns its babies so I can quickly kill the rampart asap to avoid a massive link. At this point, I take down the triple archaic gears, avoiding as much links as possible. However, if I do end up linking a bunch or all of them, I just allign them up to the point where I can parry some attacks using the pillars. At this point, I sometimes swap to my EVAHybrid set, spam Curing Waltz III's and pray to baby jesus I don't wipe. The triple gears will unlock STR/DEX/INT attributes. Once the room if farmed, excluding the 4 center single gears, I portal up.

I start by killing off one archaic chariot, and during the 2nd archaic chariot, I build TP/4 Finishing Moves to prepare for Armored Chariot. I kill off the first two to avoid agros during Armored Chariot fight since it can be inefficient using TP to waltz when racing against the 3 minute kill mark. I start off with 1 Box Step to lower DEF (should have 5 Finishing Moves now) and then Assassin's Charge + Exenterator -> Reverse Flourish -> TP poke -> SA + Exenterator. From here, regular fight til it's death. It's possible to stand behind, so abuse Sneak Attack imo. It's usually a close call, it dies between 2:40-2:55 minutes for me, but I've never lost one before. Bring remedies for Discharge's paralyze if you can't Healing Waltz it off the first time, to save time. Once dead, I abuse the 3rd archaic chariot to fully heal up (Curing Waltz), and build another 100 TP/4 Finishing Moves. Then, I poke the archaic rampart down, as low as possible before it spawns nq Khimaira. For Khimaira, I poke his bum with TH gear, and then Box Step (5 FM now). I stand on the sides to avoid lithic breath/plague swipe, and run behind for the occasional SA + Exen. I bring remedies for fulmination. Be sure to keep HP high due to dreadstorm/fulm can still hurt. However, I don't have a MDT set or RoE Wayfarer's Set to help mitigate dmg; so you could use those. Also, be sure to use Instant Protect/Shell scrolls before engaging nq khimy if needed.

Last floor, I treat HQ Khimaira just like the nq one, except I don't build 100 TP/4 Finishing Moves before I engage. Perfect Dodge if needed. Don't need to TH him since linen is 100%. Done D:

I've been doing this for about two weeks with consecutive wins before stopping due to boredom. I did wipe the first few times trying this out when I didn't bring Instant Shell (didn't need protect too much). I'll make a video if I can figure out how to work it on my PC. Happy hunting D:, hope I was of some halp.

Sorry I haven't been keeping with the posts. I have been a little busy :/ But anyway, I made a video of a somewhat decent run. However, the video has poor quality and no music due to my ignorance of video production lol. If anyone could help me add some music, that'd be great! So if you choose to watch ): put on some music so you don't die of bored! ): But in the meantime, here's the video.... sorry again.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Arziet 2014-02-13 07:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Experienced a connection loss at the final floor of Zhayolm Remnants II. After immediately logging in the I was warped into Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. I still had more then ample time to finish the run having only been inside under ~30mins. I was under the impression that this glitch had been fixed in a past update?

EDIT: I was solo on Pup, wondering if that may be the reason? Also yes Salvage II I have solo'd on Drk Thf Dnc Rdm Pup Mnk. I think many jobs can solo a couple zones if they take care.
 Leviathan.Komachii
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2014-02-13 07:21:03
Link | Citer | R

not a glitch, same mechanic when everyone dies in an instanced zone and you get the message of you will be ejected if no one RR in 3 mins or something.
 Siren.Lidenbok
Serveur: Siren
user: Lidenbok
By Siren.Lidenbok 2014-02-13 07:26:26
Link | Citer | R

I've crashed solo in BRII before, logged back in and everything was fine and this wasn't that long a go.

But this last week I've been having BSOD issues, twice I have blue screened in the middle of salvage II and I've been warped out upon logging back in.

This either an intentional hot fix or an unintentional glitch, it's definitely not been there long.
By Arziet 2014-02-13 13:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Arziet said: »
Experienced a connection loss at the final floor of Zhayolm Remnants II. After immediately logging in the I was warped into Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. I still had more then ample time to finish the run having only been inside under ~30mins. I was under the impression that this glitch had been fixed in a past update?

This is what I sent to SE: They responded with "Please check your internet connections to be sure they are connected properly or contact your service provider".

/Sigh. in no way answering weather or not they realized this issue has reemerged.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-13 13:28:00
Link | Citer | R

First run is me doing Optional NM for ARII. Had a problem with recording so it cut out on the Archaic Gears farming floor.

I did another video with better quality, full solo run of ARII, doing no optional NM and getting two linen purses from the Khimarias. 1 hour 19 mins.

My PC is old, so the quality isn't totally amazing, but you can still see what is happening. Credit to the fine people in the Thief sub forum and this thread for helping me with strategy in this zone, as well as gear sets for Thief.

PS: It is possible to kill all Optional NM (Except Chigoe), Archaic Gears, Chariots and Both Khimaria within the time limit, although you need to know the zone quite well and hope for no death/disconnection/slow killing.

PSS: It happened to me the other night in ARII, I literally just got to the boss, about to attack, and had a total computer freeze. By the time i got back in I was kicked out. I have disconnected before and got back in within three minutes. You have a three minute window from when your character leaves the zone to get back before it kicks you out.