Salvage II Soloable?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage II soloable?
Salvage II soloable?
By Chimerawizard 2014-07-04 13:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
it's my alt that I'm working on... My alt only has WHM, SCH, and BRD leveled atm...
some notes to make it easier: Manifestation silence the rdm lamia on 1st floor if needed. Regen5 constantly. solo darkness skillchain all NMs. dia/slow/para khimairas. cheapest nukes first floor (helix/stone/water/aero)

I've been doing AR2 for a couple weeks now on SCH/RDM.
I kill NM on 1st & 2nd floors. kill the 3rd floor gear & the NM at the portal to 4th then skip 4 & go straight for gears.
It usually takes ~30 minutes for me to get there, then clear that floor in 20min. If I skipped 1st floor's NM I could do it in a lot less time.
Kill khimaira's floor in 15 (pray for linnen). Finally embrava/kaustra 2nd khimaira. /point /laugh the rest of that fight.
This last time I got 47 singles + 1 linen. time before that only 45 singles but 2 linens. TH0 ftl
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-15 15:13:59
Link | Citer | R

How's SSR2 for solo these days?

I normally do AR2 for alex, but with the double plans campaign coming up, I figure I might do some SSR2 to get Primacy Plans, but I'm not sure how the Dvergr is anymore.

I usually Salvage on BLU; I could probably set up a MDEF set on BLU. Alternatively, other jobs that could work would be RUN, Aegis PLD, BST. Major thing is hitting up all Primacy NMs possible + mega boss.

Figured I'd ask if anyone had some experience before I went in trying it myself. Not too worried about the small stuff, so much as just what kind of an arse the Dvergrs can be.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-15 17:11:43
Link | Citer | R

His magic accuracy can be surprisingly high, with unresisted nukes doing 1000ish with no Magic Damage Taken gear or Shell. As a RUN, I don't have any trouble with him since the most he'll do is about 350 or so a nuke, and I almost always resist his stuff.

I have done it on my brother's BLU and DRG, mostly you'll be concerned about his frequent casting (with very high fast cast). Other than that, he can also dish out Curse, Paralyze, Terror/Intimidate, and Def/Magic Def down. Having a way to handle these statuses could be the difference between winning or not.
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-15 18:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much like said above, the main problem you probably would run into with Dvergr is the Magic Defense Down into a quick unresisted nuke. Holy Waters may not be the worst idea for quick curse removal, and can easily remove the MDEF down as BLU. I'd imagine BLU clears the zone a good bit quicker than PLD, but if you're not too concerned about it an Aegis PLD would be pretty brainless, though BLU should be safe too if you pay a little attention.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-17 08:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I'll run it on PLD the first time, and see how it goes; if it seems no-brainer, I'll give it a shot on BLU. The major concern with BLU is just getting hit with MDEF-down and then getting razed, but I can set a defensive spell set to cover that without compromising too much damage on my end.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-20 10:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Scratch that, BLU/NIN makes a perfectly viable option for SSR2.

I just make sure to set Saline Coat, Magic Barrier, and Winds of Promyvion; that basically protects me if something happens when shadows are down. The dvergr boss has less HP, it feels like, compared to the other bosses, and gets rocked pretty hard by Savage -> Thrashing -> Light. He doesn't seem to use any -ga magic, so it's a question of accuracy and his single-tier nukes.

Make sure to bring Holy Waters in case Necrobane is used. If he uses Cackle or something else to floor your defense, get shadows back up and spam Winds until you're in the clear again.

The only major concern is if Necrobane lands and you get some bad luck with paralyze, but you could bring remedies if you were overly concerned about that.
By Zoltar 2014-07-27 18:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Can thf/dnc solo Salvage V2? Or better off taking something beefier like mnk/dnc?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-07-27 19:08:16
Link | Citer | R

THF works fine, although that was answered on page 2.
By Zoltar 2014-07-27 19:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Last post on page 2 was almost 5 months ago, was worth an ask considering every other day the zones have maintenance and gear has changed immensely
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-07-27 19:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Its only going to of been made easier with improved gear, infact the guide I wrote in Janurary still applies.

"AR2 THF/DNC 1hr 15min+

Floor1 - Lamp >> flee/jig >> locate chigoe. If its on a "leg" of the map with leech, kill 1-2 vulture and the first lamia down the vulture leg then return and kill all leech to pop chigoe, or vice versa if its down the vulture leg. @9-15min

Floor2 - Lamp Shouldn't give you anything its mostly only needed if going with more people. Kill 2 lamia >> door >> 4 small gear >> nm gear >> port. @14-20min

Floor3 - Lamp wont have anything, head East >> jig >> pull acro from qutrub rooms/kill >> flee/jig >> backtrack south >> kill 1-2 flytrap agi/dex when flee wears >> single gear in the big bottom(or top depending on route) door >> chigoe/gear nm >> port. @22-30min

Floor4 - 1-2 Flytraps if porting north end. 2 small acro >> nm acro >> lamia dartist/fatedealers to pop RNG nm north or sword qutrub to pop qutrub nm south. @32-42min

Floor5 - Skip first few single gear rooms you will need 1 for body if one agroes otw to the big 4x rampart room if not pull one from the middle of the rampart room. 4x rampart is self explanatory let them get tp to pop the triple gears. A THF/DNC with no protect or shell is fairly safe to supertank a full ramparts worth of gears assuming they all agro but its a drain on tp and is slightly faster if you can get out link/agro free after killing rampart and pull a few at a time instead. @55-75min

Floor6 - 3 small chariots main room 2 each in side rooms. Store tp for Armored chariot <3min kill (should be 90sec-2min30 with wkr dagger or higher id estimate) Perhaps seperate the small chariots this floor to use for tp small >> armored >> small >> rampart >> khim >> small >> port. 70min +

Floor7 final khim - MDT set / remedies. 75min-ish. "

The only thing thats changed really is the times per floor with the run overall being around 10-15mins faster at around 1hr 2-3mins usually.

You can cut out any flytrap on f3 and just do 1 in the north room of f4 if desired. Use flee f2 after the door to sack 4 single gears faster, and again after the acro f3 if its up and finally use it when porting to f5 to skip the first two single gear rooms agro free.

Larceny is nice for any rdm lamia you may have to fight floor 1 in hopes of stealing phalanx/protect/shell ideally.

If doing the f1 chigoe NM by sacking the entire leg of the map you can position yourself in a doorway so all the mobs pile ontop of each other instead of spreading out behind you, making it easier to afk. That covers everything as far as THF and AR2 are concerned.
 Cerberus.Josafath
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Josa
By Cerberus.Josafath 2014-07-27 20:02:47
Link | Citer | R

Soloed ZR on THF/DNC, killing most Nms and both Hydras, just fight Hydras from behind and be patient when Polar Bulwark is up.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-07-27 20:04:15
Link | Citer | R

I managed a full ZR2 NM clear (& most alex dropping mobs) on THF/DNC with 3mins left, the HQ Hydra died twice as fast as I managed the NQ one... I was lucky.
By snakeplisken 2014-08-03 20:43:05
Link | Citer | R

I've been doing SSR2 the last few weeks for the salvage plans (because event was on). I went as dnc/run with great success. Averaged 14-16 primacy plans a run. The run took about an hour and got around 90 alex a run. Didnt have a single double linen and the cotton pouches were also scarce. All in all its a terrible zone to farm but only one to get primacy plans. So I got all possible 45 drops and am only a few primacy plans from not having to go to this lame zone ever again. Dnc/run is a good job to go mostly for the Dvrger bosses. Their spells are relatively unstunnable and some hit pretty hard. Just keep steps up and high amounts of TP at first, eventually you'll be able to do SC's if you dont get hit with too many tier 4/5 spells. I also kept 2 runes and a barthunder up the whole fight as well. All in all pretty easy, especially with todays gear.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-03 20:48:54
Link | Citer | R

I do just fine in under 1 hour on PUP in ARII, using Hermes Sandals for movement speed.

THF should have access to 18% if you have Skadi +1 or Fajin Boots, or 12% from Pillager's/+1 poulaines, etc.

Know which mobs to target first on first floor while scouting the chigoe.

Full DPS gear is recommended on everything except gears and Khimaira/Khrysokhimaira Elder.

Shouldn't pose too much of a dps problem if you have a substantial amount of Dual Wield/Multi attack armor, and decent ilvl weapons.
 Phoenix.Minikai
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mitsukai
By Phoenix.Minikai 2014-08-24 18:10:14
Link | Citer | R

In AR2, can the floor NMs drop Coinpurses (and I've just been unlucky), or is it only the Acroliths/Khimairas?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-24 18:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Minikai said: »
In AR2, can the floor NMs drop Coinpurses (and I've just been unlucky), or is it only the Acroliths/Khimairas?

They can but the drop rate is pathetically low. If you don't do it on THF I wouldn't even bother killing anything but the tri-gears chariot and boss.

Even on THF if you kill EVERY NM (even the extra one) you MIGHT get 1 cotton.
(Yes, once a month I get a run where I get 5+ cottons.)