Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-14 12:48:37
Link | Citer | R

ok, that's cool then.

I did change the data validation in B4 to
Code
=IF(A4 = "Weapon", WeaponList, ShieldList)
and that way you don't get all those #N/A errors when you select shields for your offhand.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-14 12:48:55
Link | Citer | R

I didn't change yours, just testing on a downloaded copy.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-14 13:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Gonna love that! Thanks :-) Will add it tomorrow with a couple more new things.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-15 05:10:25
Link | Citer | R

So yesterday I went and did an hourish of tests on Apex Bats in Dho Gates.
The numbers I was getting were pretty much in line with the results I'm getting in the spreadsheet at capped attack.
My buffs were Chaos Roll (from Qultada), Idris Indi-Fury, Idris Geo-Frailty (no BoG, no EA).
Not sure but I think there was no Dia2 as I didn't have a RDM trust out.

Exudation had a bit of variation but overall it was around ~9700 damage.
Realmrazer was around ~14000
Hexa Strike had bigger variations, from 11500 to 15000 roughly.
I think Hexa is probably close to Realmrazer but it benefits from multiattack (Realm doesn't) and benefits from overTP (Realm doesn't).
Judgment was around 25k, it spiked as high as 30k for me.

Flash Nova with Acumen/Malaise (lulz) was doing solidly 40k damage, that's with Daybreak offhand though. Nomnomnom? But it's pretty much the ***if you don't have Malaise anyway.

All of this to say what? Well nothing in particular, just that the calculations in the spreadsheet look to be somewhat accurate and, as such, the spreadsheet should be reliable to be used by everyone.
I'm still a bit puzzled by the fact I need so little attack to cap on WoC (in the spreadsheet) but maybe it's just me being biased.

I'm gonna implement a few changes and fixes within the day. Enjoy and please keep telling me if you find errors or missing gears/features!
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-15 07:20:00
Link | Citer | R

No black halo tests?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-15 07:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Uhm no, didn't have time really. I'm pretty confident it's the best physical damage option though.
Try it on the spreadsheet!
Problem is it requires Maxentius MH and I already explained why many of us don't really want to use anything but Idris mh.
By malakef 2020-10-15 08:36:29
Link | Citer | R

I assume you are capping accuracy in the spreadsheet on purpose? Cause a random 3000 bonus accuracy is a lot LOL.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-15 08:41:08
Link | Citer | R

That's a custom value I manually added to assume capped accuracy, indeed. ;-)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-15 19:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Did some small tests on the spreadsheet and colour me surprised! Was expecting some different results like:
1) Was expecting Exudation to perform better when completely devoid of att, it still sucks lulz
2) Hexa Strike is performing slightly worse than I expected, but it's true we don't really have a lot of Crit or Cdmg gear after all
3) Was expecting Maxentius to be poderously ahead of other options for physical damage, turns out that's not the case, not entirely at least.

Not all WSs sets were completely BiS, but we're talking about really small differences either way, so I don't think it skewed the final results at all.

Results with Idris Fury, Idris Frailty, Dia2 and Chaos Roll (and capped haste/acc)

Took the first 6 results from the previous list and added Sam Roll to see if Stp would change anything. It does! A bit.

Given these results I'm not sure if we can make a tl;dr but I'll try
1) Tishtrya R15 is way better than I expected it
2) Maxentius is pretty much on par (better/worse depending on buffs)
3) Realmrazer is... not worth it? Not even with R15 Tish
4) Hexa Strike performs worse than most may think
5) Judgement is not "just" the WS to use when you accidentally overTP, but pretty much the best physical WS, period. (except Maxentius, of course)

Special note for offhand options now
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-10-29 07:34:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm assuming Bhima/ammurapi would be bis for MB, what would be the next step down from Bhima? Is HQ raetic ever BIS anymore, even when mp is not an issue?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mcdougall
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mcdougall
By Phoenix.Mcdougall 2020-11-06 11:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Hey Hrohj could you repost your sets?

or anyone that can post some updated sets i'd apprecaite it. Redoing my geo's gear. Thank you.
 Sylph.Seidell
Serveur: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-11-08 10:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have updated sets for a NQ/HQ nuking set?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-11-30 22:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Seidell said: »
Anyone have updated sets for a NQ/HQ nuking set?
Seconding this. I'm currently using HQ Amalric, but wondering if there are better options.
By Chimerawizard 2020-11-30 23:28:28
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Not much has changed, we now have r15: cohort cloak +1, marin staff +1, acuity belt +1, ghastly tathlum +1, & metamorph ring +1. There's also Skrymir cord +1 & Orpheus's sash.
All nukes can use the sash if you're close enough, then if weather, hachirin, otherwise skrymir. Tathlum I'm not sure if there's an inflection point somewhere at the high tier nukes.
non-MB should see the cloak doing basically the same as the previous but as it's BiS for BLU, not bad to use the sidegrade for inv.+1. Metamorph completely replaces shiva ring. Marin seems like a sidegrade maybe slight downgrade for anything aside from wind magic. BiS for wind, inv.-1 or not?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-12-13 20:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Probably well-known by now but I didn't see it specifically mentioned; Daybreak's Dispelga is a nice way to tag multiple mobs for Geocolures without DoTing them.
By malakef 2020-12-13 21:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Because most people just cure the puller and it’s done but it was
Mentioned back when it came out. It’s fine if you want to, it’s a chunk of mp and there are other ways to do it. I don’t really care how geo decides to get on hate list for the most part until something new and challenging comes out.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-12-13 22:11:55
Link | Citer | R

malakef said: »
Because most people just cure the puller and it’s done but it was
Mentioned back when it came out. It’s fine if you want to, it’s a chunk of mp and there are other ways to do it. I don’t really care how geo decides to get on hate list for the most part until something new and challenging comes out.

Does that work in Dynamis when the puller's taken no action on the beastmen?
By malakef 2020-12-13 22:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Probably not as I believe that’s just aggro hate. We usually have our tanks do at least a quick AOE though to be on hate list just in case although more often then not we don’t even bother with debuff bubbles until wave 3 boss.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-14 00:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Dispelga is especially nice if you wanna go /DNC or /NIN for DDing.
Otherwise yeah, you can just heal the tank or the THF.

Keep in mind debuff bubbles get greatly nerfed on Wave2 and even moreso on Wave3.
I'm not sure if this applies to the Wave3 megaboss and to the Wave2 trash, but it definitely applies on the W3 fomors and the W2 red eyes.

I think it's a ~50% nerf on W2 and ~75% nerf on W3.
Relying on Buff bubbles is certainly more efficient for several reasons, but it requires the GEO to be in the same pt as the DDs, reducing the number of DDs in that pt by one. And if you have 2 DD pts it means bringing 2x GEOs.
Whereas if you rely on debuff bubbles you can have a single GEO for the whole alliance, standing in his own pt.
But this is nothing new, it's the same for every content.

Personally I feel that if you're farming just W1 and W2 whichever route you pick doesn't really matter that much, but if you're goin for W3 clears where you intend to kill the fomors then it's hard to renounce having a GEO in pt with the DDs doing buff bubbles, if you ask me.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-12-14 02:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt waltzga or utsutsemi put yourself on enmity list for geocolure effect ?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-12-14 02:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Keep in mind debuff bubbles get greatly nerfed on Wave2 and even moreso on Wave3.
I'm not sure if this applies to the Wave3 megaboss and to the Wave2 trash, but it definitely applies on the W3 fomors and the W2 red eyes.

Afaik, geomancy debuffs are -75% potency to ALL mobs in dynamis divergence, regardless of wave.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-14 02:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crowned said: »

Afaik, geomancy debuffs are -75% potency to ALL mobs in dynamis divergence, regardless of wave.
This is what someone said a long time ago but I think it's been proven wrong.

Either it doesn't apply to trash or there's a variable nerf according to the wave.
People didn't even notice the nerf until W3 was release.
If there was a 75% reduction nerf even in W1 and W2 trust me people would've noticed way sooner.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-12-14 02:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crowned said: »

This is what someone said a long time ago but I think it's been proven wrong.

Either it doesn't apply to trash or there's a variable nerf according to the wave.
People didn't even notice the nerf until W3 was release.
If there was a 75% reduction nerf even in W1 and W2 trust me people would've noticed way sooner.
I would be more inclined to think it might not apply to trash mobs. All the trash mobs die so quickly that its not even worth applying geo debuffs to them. As for NMs from red eyes and named fomors in w3, I'm fairly certain they're all -75% potency.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-14 02:51:52
Link | Citer | R

I dunno bout that, would love to see some numbers to get away from each of our own personal biases.

What I can tell from my personal (and biased!) experience is that on W2 red eyes I clearly see a pretty big difference when Frailty is down. If there's a nerf to geo debuffs, I can hardly believe it being any higher than 50% on W2 red eyes, given the huge difference I see in the WS AVG numbers I record with parsers.
Judging from other content where the bubbles are 75% nerfed (and we know that because of detailed tests/numbers), it's pretty noticeable. Here the difference between frailty and no frailty seems a bit too much for it to be 75% nerfed.

Can't comment too much on W3 instead.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2020-12-14 05:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Geo Idle set?

I'm at -40 DT and refresh +4 with Jhakri body +2, d. ring, moonbeam back, twilight torque and Malignance Pole.

Recommendations for the last 10%?
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-12-14 05:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Staunch Tathlum +1 and Khonsu grip should give you 9% more then Odnowa Earring R15 with 3% more
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-14 06:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Geo Idle set?

I'm at -40 DT and refresh +4 with Jhakri body +2, d. ring, moonbeam back, twilight torque and Malignance Pole.

Recommendations for the last 10%?
Honestly I wouldn't really idle with Jhakri+2 body.
I mean if you're going for a refresh-focused build sure, but if you want to cap DT and then get as much refresh as you can, I would suggest using Mallquis Saio +2.
Of Course Shamash Robe would be even better but clearly that's not an easy piece to find.

Also what kind of Idle are we talkin of here?
If it's an idle you're gonna use when no luopan is out, ok.
If we're talking about an idle set with DT when luopan is out then you don't really have many options.
You want the JSE neck there for instance, and Idris MH if you have it, and so on.
There's a couple of builds (with small variations) to cap DT while also capping pet DT and having some pet regen as well.
You can find them in this thread.
One is based on Shamash Robe and the other on Mallquis Saio +2.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-12-19 06:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever tried a geo aeolian edge build ?
Was wondering if it could be good for cleaving
By Chimerawizard 2020-12-19 09:41:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Anyone ever tried a geo aeolian edge build ?
Was wondering if it could be good for cleaving
yes, solo: drop a malaise and wilt yourself to avoid getting badly hurt. or if in a group acumen/malaise.
ItemSet 377077

depending on the target there's also cataclysm.
ItemSet 377078

is there a better neck or is it only at higher TP that fotia loses to others?
also, any improvements to the sets anyone can point out?
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 73 74 75