Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 73 74 75
By gargurty 2019-11-10 06:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Wotasu said: »
Geomancy+ & skill need only to be used during midcast, can idle naked.

Always thought idris was needed to be equiped for the boost? Is this tested?
Also best to leave idris on when luopon is out for the dt anyway, but indi only would free up some dt when next to a boss lol
By Wotasu 2019-11-10 06:58:53
Link | Citer | R

I stood idle & ran in and out of bubble using indi/geo-fury 1 min with and with out Idris changing equip around checking my Atk. And yes the PetDt is really nice, but it means our bubble wont get nerfed if we nuke with another club/Staff.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-10 08:44:21
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking Daybreak and Maxentius would be a pretty close battle for nuking
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2019-11-10 08:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Cath Palug Hammer is best option i think
By Wotasu 2019-11-10 08:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
I was thinking Daybreak and Maxentius would be a pretty close battle for nuking

Max -19mab +15int -9mdmg, depends how much 19mab & 9mdmg vs 15int is worth.
By SimonSes 2019-11-10 10:06:16
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
Wotasu said: »
Geomancy+ & skill need only to be used during midcast, can idle naked.

Always thought idris was needed to be equiped for the boost? Is this tested?
Also best to leave idris on when luopon is out for the dt anyway, but indi only would free up some dt when next to a boss lol

You swap for MB nuke for a few seconds max. Why people act like you need to throw that Idris to some dark pit, before you switch to nuke club and you then can't equip Idris right after nuke?
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-11-10 10:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason I'm missing that people aren't nuking in AG/R15 Idris over Daybreak or Max anyways considering the large macc difference?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-10 10:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Is there a reason I'm missing that people aren't nuking in AG/R15 Idris over Daybreak or Max anyways considering the large macc difference?
Only reason I could come up with is if your nuking on GEO you probably can adjust magic acc with your bubbles(Focus/Languor) so that your going unresisted with your nukes. But if the Idris gives you enough macc to drop languor or focus for malaise/acumen, well its probably worth it.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-11-10 11:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Or you could eat Macc food
By Wotasu 2019-11-10 11:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Some dont have their Idris AG'd? I havent yet,it's low prio.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-10 11:49:32
Link | Citer | R

As far as I am concerned the Maxentius is nuke only for me. I otherwise pretty much idle in Idris cause that pet dt makes capping that super easy giving more option for the geo to get meva and dt for themselves, and that's more valuable to me than anything else weapons can provide in the slot for me at the present.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-10 17:03:56
Link | Citer | R

So I guess the first post just wasn't a good comparison. I'll try again.

1st set is what both other sets will be compared to.

mAcc set DMG set CC set
ItemSet 363580 ItemSet 366266 ItemSet 369643
INT+266+Cape dINT+2 dINT-4
MAB+337 dMAB+23 +4.4% dMAB-47 -8.9%
MBD+75 dMBD+0 dMBD+15 +7.6%
mAcc+499.5+Cape dmAcc-64.9 dmAcc+18
MAB(acumen)+382 dMAB+23 +4.0% dMAB-47 -8.3%

MAB base=186=100+24(/rdm)+20(JP)+42(gift)
MBD base=122=100+22(CC)
all %'s are dX/(base+set1)
Not doing INT as race plays a factor and so does target INT.
Not doing mAcc because ... base is kind of unknown to me. also, set 1&3 are basically the same, and set 2 is the low acc set.
m.acc and INT for the cape could also vary by personal preference. MAB+10 is kind of expected so that is included for gear. INT+20~30 mAcc+20~30

edit: after looking a bit, I want to swap first set's hands and feet to amalric & jhakri; but then I'd have to redo a bunch of numbers. int-1; mab+9; mAcc-10.4
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2019-12-02 04:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some clarity.

I don't have an Idris yet but as I understand it, Idris has to remain equipped for the enhanced bubble effect to take place.

This being the case wouldn't swapping Idris out for another rod when nuking, assuming Geo-Malaise is down, reduce the overall potency of nukes that land while you're mid cast?

I know it's not a long window, but my guess is that you could be making other nukes weaker by swapping it out for a nuking rod.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 04:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
I don't have an Idris yet but as I understand it, Idris has to remain equipped for the enhanced bubble effect to take place.
Wrong.
All Geomancy+ gear (Dunna, JSE neck and Idris) need to be equipped during MIDCAST for the enhanced effect to take place.
You tipically see people staying with Idris even with Idle simply for the Pet DT -25%.
Personally I suggest not only to midcast but also to PRECAST with Idris, to contain possible packet/data losses between precast and midcast.

With that said, Idris is a perfectly fine nuking tool, if you finish all the possible upgrades.
It's arguably the best, situationally at least.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2019-12-02 04:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for your response.
I guess I'll have to test later, but I recall having someone do Indi-Fury with Idris on, then after cast completes taking it off, and losing the bonus attack.
Just tested it with Dunna, and yeah, it's midcast only that is required. Maybe their gear swap is busted somehow :>

And while we're on the subject-
Bolstered bubbles also lose their potency when bolster wears, correct? Even if you keep it alive, they will return to whatever non-bolstered potency you can achieve.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 05:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Bolster automatically applies to the Indi Bubble you have up, and of course the additional power up automatically disappears when Bolster wears off.

For the Luopan (GEO bubbles) it doesn't update automatically. You need to cast a new Luopan AFTER you used Bolster, for the Luopan to benefit from the 2x Potency.
Sadly the opposite isn't true, as the Luopan automatically loses its "power up" when Bolster wears off xD

I wonder why things are like this, but I suppose it's because of the way they handle Luopans (which are tecnically "pets").
For the Indi bubbles they don't have this issue because it's a buff.
For Luopans, since it's a pet, they had to resort to different means.
I think Bolster for Luopans is an undispellable buff granted to luopans themselves when you call them out. This buff has a duration equal to the amount of seconds left on the "Bolster" JA up on the player.
It's just a wild guess, but I think this is how Bolster "works" for luopans.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-17 23:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Didn't see anybody mention it. New gear means new Geomancy/Handbell combined skill potential; if my math is correct is 991 with the below set, unless I'm missing an item:

ItemSet 370245

Did SE ever state if there was another tier beyond the 900 skill?
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-17 23:59:58
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48503-Effect-Values-of-Indicolure-Enhancement-Spells
says repeatedly the highest value is at 900 skill; except regen which is apparently 600 skill or a mistype.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-18 00:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I never saw that page. It was posted 4 years ago, when skill gear was not in abundance. Now, we have so many options. Why are they continuing to add more skill levels if there is not a new tier that is attainable? For instance, those two earrings are completely useless outside of SIRD I guess. It's a little confusing.

(devil's advocate here): It doesn't say anything about 900 being the highest geomancy tier skill, Camate just list the value of the Geomancy bonus of the lowest skill and the then highest attainable skill tier at the time. I'm curious to see if there actually is another tier above 900 that they just never thought players would hit at the time that list was released. They mess stuff up all the time, so it's up to us to test it when able to. Never said "this is the cap on geomancy", and I wouldn't expect them after a few years of adding more gear to come out and say "hey, you can hit a new cap now".
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-18 00:28:02
Link | Citer | R

I dunno. I enjoy casting in 92% or 100% Conserve MP depending on Geo- or Indi-.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-18 00:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Oh I do too, its a neat perk. But necks kind of make casting your pets so much not as much of a strain as it was before, so MP on GEO is hardly an issue anymore. With Aspirs, Radial Arcana and the great additions to other job's ability to cure/na/debuff etc, a GEO doesn't really have any problems maintaining MP imo. Only thing that can burn through your MP is Nuking, which doesn't involve a CMP set anyways.

If a new skill cap was possible, it wouldn't be necessary in the least bit though. GEO is strong enough, but it just opens up other options if you get stronger buffs/debuffs in your bubbles.
By gargurty 2020-01-08 04:39:45
Link | Citer | R

anyone got an updated ws set for exudation?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-01-08 05:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Thanks, I never saw that page. It was posted 4 years ago, when skill gear was not in abundance. Now, we have so many options. Why are they continuing to add more skill levels if there is not a new tier that is attainable? For instance, those two earrings are completely useless outside of SIRD I guess. It's a little confusing.

(devil's advocate here): It doesn't say anything about 900 being the highest geomancy tier skill, Camate just list the value of the Geomancy bonus of the lowest skill and the then highest attainable skill tier at the time. I'm curious to see if there actually is another tier above 900 that they just never thought players would hit at the time that list was released. They mess stuff up all the time, so it's up to us to test it when able to. Never said "this is the cap on geomancy", and I wouldn't expect them after a few years of adding more gear to come out and say "hey, you can hit a new cap now".

Casting in 920 vs 985 combined skill gives me the exact same attack in my idle set from Indi-fury. I'd see a few points of difference if there was any benefit from the extra 65 skill. From 0-900 skill 65 skill would grant around 2% attack, but gave 0 now. So 900 is the cap. It's just like bard songs.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2020-01-08 10:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Bolster automatically applies to the Indi Bubble you have up, and of course the additional power up automatically disappears when Bolster wears off.

For the Luopan (GEO bubbles) it doesn't update automatically. You need to cast a new Luopan AFTER you used Bolster, for the Luopan to benefit from the 2x Potency.
Sadly the opposite isn't true, as the Luopan automatically loses its "power up" when Bolster wears off xD

I wonder why things are like this, but I suppose it's because of the way they handle Luopans (which are tecnically "pets").
For the Indi bubbles they don't have this issue because it's a buff.
For Luopans, since it's a pet, they had to resort to different means.
I think Bolster for Luopans is an undispellable buff granted to luopans themselves when you call them out. This buff has a duration equal to the amount of seconds left on the "Bolster" JA up on the player.
It's just a wild guess, but I think this is how Bolster "works" for luopans.

not sure if it's related to the pet. smn SP applies to avatar that are already up, dont they? so proably something they came up with for a specific purpose that still eludes us ^^
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2020-01-28 10:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Starting to finish off my geo and just wondering based upon the idle sets in original post it says to prioritize regen/refresh. Do I not want pet -dt gear so that Luopan can stay out longer? I've got the geo to 900+ sill with gear/merits/jp so just looking for confirmation with idle sets
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-28 10:29:41
Link | Citer | R

you def should have

sets.idle = (no bubble out)

sets.idle.Pet (bubble out)

some people have 3+ different Pet idle sets with mix/match of regen/dt and owner refresh/dt etc

This is my sets.idle.pet

Merlinic head aug with +Pet regen4
Telchine with +Pet regen3 and Magic eva 25
Nant with 20magic eva, +15 pet regen
ItemSet 362808
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2020-01-28 10:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Ok thank you for the reply. That is what I thought I would want and had been working on with Merlinic sets
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-28 10:40:26
Link | Citer | R

There's really not a clear a priority between pet regen and -DT, since both technically lead to your luopan being out longer. Some fights there's no danger to the bubble at all, and some fights your bubble will take massive damage.

For Idris GEO's, it's super easy to cap pet -DT, so there's a lot more flexibility. For non-Idris, you'll likely have to have two separate pet idle sets: one prioritizing pet -DT in AOE heavy fights, and one prioritizing regen for fights where you can afford to drop -DT for regen.

Asura.Lotmorning said: »
Ok thank you for the reply. That is what I thought I would want and had been working on with Merlinic sets

Merlinic isn't ideal, since you want meva on your idle sets as well. Telchine is still the way to go. I think Merlinic pet regen is a DM/off-path augment too.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-28 10:43:07
Link | Citer | R

with the set I posted its fairly common for a BoG bubble to stay alive until BoG recast is available again. (obviously if your not moving around and needing to replace it)

I always thought it would be nice to have it so if your pet hp >99 then it takes off some pet regen and then puts some more owner specific pieces on. IE drop telchine body put on shamash robe for 3 refresh.

As mentioned its easy to cap PET dt with idris

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Merlinic isn't ideal, since you want meva on your idle sets as well. Telchine is still the way to go. I think Merlinic pet regen is a DM/off-path augment too.

my merlinic head is DM, you cant get pet regen from reg stones
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2020-01-28 10:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
you def should have

sets.idle = (no bubble out)

sets.idle.Pet (bubble out)

some people have 3+ different Pet idle sets with mix/match of regen/dt and owner refresh/dt etc

This is my sets.idle.pet

Merlinic head aug with +Pet regen4
Telchine with +Pet regen4 and Magic eva 25
Nant with 20magic eva, +15 pet regen
ItemSet 362808

Is it a typo ? It seems the max pet regen possible with skirmish stones is 3 no ?
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 73 74 75