Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 73 74 75
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-22 11:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Better not be an error cause i believe it works fully atm in Midcast. All my locgic when I first saw the augments was it being an idle piece but I wear +1 in Midcast and watch my Loupons Hp go up and down through fights. Really hope I am not wrong on this one cause I woulda been wasting a lot of time with the charm lol.

This is my idle set btw.

ItemSet 363189

Dark ring has 6Pdt and 3Mdt. Ambu cape has 5 DT. This puts me just at/over cap on both master and pet iirc.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-11-22 11:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm sure I'm missing some important piece that I couldn't remember about, but how do you cap DT using Bagua Charm +2?

I'm talking about a set with Bagua Charm +2 (i.e. can't use neck slot) that achieves the following:
>= 50% total DT (of which at least 25% MDT)
>= 38,5% pet DT

Not counting Vocane Ring +1 of course.
Ideally not using the Head and Feet too (Azimuth+1, soon +3, for the head and Bagua+3 for the feet. Don't think it's possible if you exclude these 2 slots as well though)

You don't. I don't think it's all that necessary though cause you can still get pretty close. Here's what I use

ItemSet 363191

Capped Luopan DT
Luopan Regen +30
PDT -24
DT -13

You're a little starved for DT but if you don't need to idle in charm and you switch your cape from 5 pet regen to 5 DT, you can get to DT-24 and cap MDT and be right under PDT cap. Personally I prefer to have more pet regen though cause there's hardly anything that actually one-shots you and this much pet regen lets me comfortably full time BoG+EA bubbles without them dying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-11-22 13:49:33
Link | Citer | R

Randomly browsing after gorging on turkey. Seems there was a misunderstanding on the testing. The test was just for the duration, which takes effect on midcast. The absorb is required to be on though as far as I know. I never actually tested the absorb, it's an assumption.

It may be worth testing of the absorb Can proc although it being equipped, but I really doubt it works that way. When I did the test IIRC the absorb rate was like 3%. I recall not wanting to test that, and simply had the procs with it equipped.
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-22 14:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Randomly browsing after gorging on turkey. Seems there was a misunderstanding on the testing. The test was just for the duration, which takes effect on midcast. The absorb is required to be on though as far as I know. I never actually tested the absorb, it's an assumption.

It may be worth testing of the absorb Can proc although it being equipped, but I really doubt it works that way. When I did the test IIRC the absorb rate was like 3%. I recall not wanting to test that, and simply had the procs with it equipped.

I’ll mess around tonight/tomorrow. Maybe I forgot to change sets around after dynamis and left it in my idle set for RP and hadn’t noticed. Thanks for chiming in.

More I am thinking about it the higher the likelihood I have had this Charm in my idle for the last 2 months and just recently removed it since I hit cap. Last thing I wanna do is push around bad Info here.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-22 14:01:41
Link | Citer | R

The slip reduction is calculated in midcast. I believe the absorb mechanic is idle although I haven't tested this.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-22 14:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
You don't. I don't think it's all that necessary though cause you can still get pretty close. Here's what I use

ItemSet 363191

Capped Luopan DT
Luopan Regen +30
PDT -24
DT -13
Ramz which augs do you have on the 2 Telchine pieces, in each of the 3 Snow/Leaf/Dusk slots?
Thanks!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-11-23 13:03:00
Link | Citer | R

I have Pet Regen +3 and Enhancing Duration 7-10% on all of my Telchine cause I'm too lazy to make two separate sets, if you really wanted to optimize it, what you could do is:

Pet Regen +3 (Leaforb)
M. Eva +25 (Snow*)
Pet DT-4% (Duskorb)

That way, you can swap Geomancy Mitaines +3 for Telchine Gloves and get DT -86% on your Luopan, and then swap Telchine Chasuble for Mallquis Saio for an additional -8% DT. Although, personally I'd think Shamash Robe is a better choice due to high M. Eva.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-24 12:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Good set, lots of regen, that's "only" 37% PDT though.
It's good if you want to mantain a single idle set, but personally I have 2, one where I don't really care for DT (but get what I can for free) and focus mostly on pet regen and self refresh (while capping pet: DT of course)

Another one that I use when I have to stay in dangerous spots. In this set I want capped DT for the master, capped DT for pet of course, and as much pet regen/other good stats as I can get.
Using the 6% DT neck I have no issues reaching this goal, even without Vocane Ring+1, but if I idle with the +2 neck I cannot reach that goal anymore and I need to start sacrificing slots like head and/or feet which, ideally, I want to keep for Azimuth and Bagua respectively :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-11-24 20:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I have Pet Regen +3 and Enhancing Duration 7-10% on all of my Telchine cause I'm too lazy to make two separate sets

Did the exact same thing, with M. Eva tossed in, for the exact same reason. Between the cost and inventory space, I just merged the two sets, best of both worlds by just using AF hands. Since coming back to the game, the cost hasn't really improved with the stone supply being so low. Don't really feel the need to split the sets apart.

Does anyone have any recommendations towards a solid gearswap file? I used a friend's and frankensteined it when I came back to the game, but I've seemingly managed to break the Indi spell detection (just casts in Geo spell gear) and if buffactive sets (Entrust and BoG) have gone out the door as well, likely stemming from the Indi issue. I've messed with it some, but I really don't know what I've done to it. Too out of practice with GS to figure out what I've done. ._. Figure I'll just start fresh on an old GS I've got saved and figure things out from there, unless someone has any recommendations.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-11-24 23:14:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-25 07:51:34
Link | Citer | R

By Chimerawizard 2018-11-25 12:10:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure I'm missing some important piece that I couldn't remember about, but how do you cap DT using Bagua Charm +2?

I'm talking about a set with Bagua Charm +2 (i.e. can't use neck slot) that achieves the following:
>= 50% total DT (of which at least 25% MDT)
>= 38,5% pet DT

Not counting Vocane Ring +1 of course.
Ideally not using the Head and Feet too (Azimuth+1, soon +3, for the head and Bagua+3 for the feet. Don't think it's possible if you exclude these 2 slots as well though)
sounds like fun:
EDIT: felt like changing the post around a bit to clean it up...hopefully. may want to tweak even more.

DT set:
Without any refresh gear equipped I'd personally prefer mallquis. Okay, that extra DEF, HP, mEVA probably outweigh the MP return.
Wear when either enemy can do both AoE physical & magic damage for significant numbers, or if unsure what it does.

MDT 1/2/3 sets:
if you're looking at an NM that really only uses magic type AoE's, consider swapping a bunch of stuff around; Ea+1, mage Volte gear, or augmented Telchine. Really whatever you've got on hand, mix & match...
It's enough to cap mdt with a sheltered ring shellra5.
If you're worried about MDT past that, just swap out the shadow ring.
If you want to cap pdt as well without losing much mEVA. Shamash Robe (mEVA-22) & dark ring or Azimuth Gaiters +1(mEVA-29).

PDT set:
Felt like doing a PDT focus'd one. (tried to work in shadow mantle... after writing it all up. what's Lv.99 base HP? 1k for geo? that'd be a 7.7% HP loss for 6% chance to negate damage + you lose out on some MDT & mEVA
MDT in set is trash so I suggest against this set if the enemy does any dangerous magic AoE.

DT 2 set:
Tried to work in shadow ring for those opponents that mostly use magic but some nearby friends of its may instead kick you with physical attacks. Lose out on cap MDT when getting a RDM or SCH's shell but gdi these are mathy sets.

DT 3 set:
I'm getting too tied up with shamash which most including myself don't have. gotta make a more reasonable set.
leaves in unreasonable gear everywhere else while making set.
accidentally deletes all sets from post, including dropdown list of DEF, HP, mEVA, PDT, MDT, and augments used in sets...

welp, not calculating it all again, so here's just the sets themselves.
ItemSet 328309 ItemSet 363367 ItemSet 363371 ItemSet 352704 ItemSet 363368 ItemSet 363369 ItemSet 332721
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 02:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Created a few sets before seeing Chimerawizard's cool post.

Let me remind me of the goal I had in mind while creating these two sets: a DT set with capped DT for master, capped DT for Luopan, without using Vocane Ring+1, Neck Slot, Head Slot, Feet slot.

ItemSet 363313

26% DT (capping MDT with Shell5)
25% PDT
41% Pet DT
Augment on cape is 10% PDT of course.

Leaves one earring slot free (Lugalbanda, Etiolation, Eabani, Sanare I guess are the options?)
Legs slot is also free, can use Assiduity+1 for master refresh, Telchine for Meva/petRegen/petDT (last of which is not necessary of course)

ItemSet 363314

DT: 23%
MDT: 03%
PDT: 28%
Pet: 41%
Augment on cape this time is 5% DT.

This is a set based on Shamash robe.
Couldn't think of better PDT/DT options for legs, other than Miasmic Pants.

Now... no clue which of these 2 sets would be better.
On a quick comparison:

SET1 (didn't factor cape augments)
MEva: 456
HP: 265
Def: 621
VIT: 117
MND: 154
INT: 179
Refresh+2

SET2 (didn't factor cape augments)
MEva: 493
HP: 304
Def: 631
VIT: 117
MND: 159
INT: 167
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 02:03:31
Link | Citer | R

So, they're pretty close altough between the two I'd take SET2.
Granted Set2 isn't exactely easy to obtain as it requires Shamash Robe, first has pretty common items.

Well, aside from Dark Ring, which if you don't have from the Abyssea days you're probably better off buying a Moonlight Ring I suppose.

I'm sorta satisfied. Now I "only" need a +2 neck and a +1 Staunch tathlum lolz :< :<
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-11-27 03:00:17
Link | Citer | R

buying a Moonlight Ring I suppose

Which sadly cannot be equipped by geo. :( But there is always Gelatinous Ring +1 I guess.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 03:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Ouch, for a second I thought it was "All Jobs".
Well yeah if you don't have neither Vocane nor Dark, I guess you'll have to tweak your set around Gelatinous+1.
That means getting 6% MDT somewhere else though :x
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-27 04:19:56
Link | Citer | R

If I had Shamash and wanted to make a PDT set, I'd probably go with this:

ItemSet 363316

It has more HP/def/meva than the above set 2, with capped PDT.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 04:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Unless I miscounted your set has 53% PDT and 15% MDT though.
Geomancy+3 legs could be nice.
Head not so much, you lose the Pet Regen and don't forget we're getting Azimuth+3 very soon. Its base stats will likely be in line with those of AF+3
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-27 04:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Unless I miscounted your set has 53% PDT and 15% MDT though.
Geomancy+3 legs could be nice.
Head not so much, you lose the Pet Regen and don't forget we're getting Azimuth+3 very soon. Its base stats will likely be in line with those of AF+3

If I'm wearing a PDT set on my geo it's because a lot of heavy AOE's are going out. At that point it's a matter of the neck healing my luopan, pet regen is barely going to factor into things.

The Galero alone has HP+33, defense+37, once you factor in VIT, over the Azimuth hood+1, along with higher meva. And since that defense then further gets boosted by a gallants or barrier buff, it can be even more.

And I didn't know we were factoring in imaginary pieces of gear in this discussion :-P When Empy+3 comes out, then yes, I expect that to replace the Galero in my set.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 06:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
over the Azimuth hood+1
Yes but, the point is that we're getting Azimuth+3 soon.
Granted "soon" =/=" now, so you have a point on that haha

I'd still worry about the uncapped MDT for master though.
Granted with Shell5 it's gonna be at least 40% (which is pretty good), possibly even more with Sheltered Ring and if we're factoring Shellra V 5/5 instead of Shell V, but still, I think it would be ideal to get capped values on MDT as well.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-27 06:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, maybe. But my GEO is usually within range of resisting a bunch of things, so Meva is very potent.
By Boshi 2018-11-27 07:29:19
Link | Citer | R

(75+5)/256=.3125
50-31.25= 18.75
so you probably need like 19-21 mdt to cap -with sheltered ring-
(for pdt you usually need +52 to cap 50%)

I guess this is more of a matter if you care about resisting debuffs vs taking magic dmg. Taking magic dmg I would assume capping that last bit of mdt would be priority..
At that point you could argue Shadow Ring
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-27 08:49:23
Link | Citer | R

I was considering a Lunette Ring +1, which I actually still have in my bags, but went for the higher HP on Gelatinous since I'm not scared about magic damage on GEO. So if you guys REALLY don't like that uncapped MDT, you can toss that in, even has MDB bonus!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 09:51:53
Link | Citer | R

That still doesn't cap your MDT, uncaps you on PDT and honestly I don't think the 2/mp tick is sustainable.
In Escha if you have many MP refresh Vorseals maybe.

I guess it depends on how you use the GEO. If you're just mostly a mule maybe I can see that possible. Toss a Refresh or a Ballad and you'll be fine.

If it's a main GEO who also uses other spells, has to swap bubbles a lot and so on, that's not really viable.

Granted, in the end, this set we're talking about is a set to be used only in specific situations of danger, not fulltimed.
From this perspective, I guess Lunette+1 looks more viable (it still doesn't cap you on both MDT and PDT though).
I mean at that point you might consider just getting a Vocane+1 lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-27 10:06:10
Link | Citer | R

For someone who dismissed the 2-3% hp/defense gain from Azimuth Hood+1 -> Geomancy Galero +3, you sure do care about 1-2% of PDT/MDT a whole lot.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-27 10:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Lulz XD
Fair point
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-29 19:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Is main page geo cure set up to date? How much should 4 cure for(no weather)?

My set feels old as ***and outdated @ 778
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-29 20:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Doing 1000 cure4s with raetic +1
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-29 20:43:46
Link | Citer | R

in that posted set (minus weapon) or can you post it
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-29 20:47:00
Link | Citer | R

sets.midcast.Cure = {
main="Raetic Rod +1",
sub="Sors Shield",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Vanya Hood", augments={'Healing magic skill +20','"Cure" spellcasting time -7%','Magic dmg. taken -3',}},
body={ name="Vanya Robe", augments={'Healing magic skill +20','"Cure" spellcasting time -7%','Magic dmg. taken -3',}},
hands="Vanya Cuffs",
legs={ name="Vanya Slops", augments={'Healing magic skill +20','"Cure" spellcasting time -7%','Magic dmg. taken -3',}},
feet={ name="Vanya Clogs", augments={'Healing magic skill +20','"Cure" spellcasting time -7%','Magic dmg. taken -3',}},
neck="Incanter's Torque",
waist="Bishop's Sash",
left_ear="Mendi. Earring",
right_ear="Beatific Earring",
left_ring="Haoma's Ring",
right_ring="Sirona's Ring",
back="Tempered Cape +1",}
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 73 74 75