Buremte Gloves?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Buremte Gloves?
Buremte Gloves?
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-21 03:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Trying to decide on rewards from the Wildskeepers NPC.

Are these gloves any good? They look great but I have not seen anyone really mention them. I have Ares Legs +1 but no hands for the set bonus.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-07-21 04:18:50
Link | Citer | R

+40 acc if using a 2 handed job, strong vit and defence reducing dmg taken & still has 3% haste = win.

I personally like them and by using these and other pieces im able to use red curry bun on stuff like tojil and maintain capped acc even when using hybrid. I think these gloves are strong. I have done spreadsheets on DRK using them and they came out very good indeed but it depends on your own set up etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-21 06:46:35
Link | Citer | R

1H and 2H jobs get the exact same accuracy now. It's 43 acc and a crap ton of dDex so can be very useful. Mostly does this open up other slots?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-21 07:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Once the update to the ilvl gear the acc on these wont really be needed so then it will come down to stats 9str will be all it brings for drk. The massive amounts of dex and vit do make it useful for other jobs that use crit based wses and upheaval.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-21 07:46:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Once the update to the ilvl gear the acc on these wont really be needed so then it will come down to stats 9str will be all it brings for drk. The massive amounts of dex and vit do make it useful for other jobs that use crit based wses and upheaval.

I disagree on that as SE has a long history of making the NM's much harder then the gear present in the game. Thunder / Earth Delve path's haven't yet been created. Current ones have 800~900 evasion, my bet is the next ones will have 1000~1100 evasion to offset us getting a 200 evasion boost. Would be nice for SE to not jack everyone for once though.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-21 08:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Supposedly the next set will also be level 120, according to their content level charts. New WK mobs are pretty evasive though so who knows.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-21 16:07:31
Link | Citer | R

I got these just today

currently wearing over Karieyh
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-07-21 16:08:51
Link | Citer | R

The +13% Cure Potency Received is pretty nice too if for some reason your healer is having MP issues at lvl 99, 'cause it'll make a max strength Cure IV cost something like 33 MP with Emp+2 legs.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-21 16:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

I disagree on that as SE has a long history of making the NM's much harder then the gear present in the game. Thunder / Earth Delve path's haven't yet been created. Current ones have 800~900 evasion, my bet is the next ones will have 1000~1100 evasion to offset us getting a 200 evasion boost. Would be nice for SE to not jack everyone for once though.

Which is a 100-200 eva bonus the Boss weapons from current delve are getting skill+242 the new delve boss weapons could be a higher level and thus having higher skill+. Add in buffs and ws/tp gear acc that much of an acc boost shouldn't be needed but we shall see.

Don't get me wrong im not saying its a shitty piece its just with the weapons/gear update it wont be as big of a boost that it is now.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-21 17:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Which is a 100-200 eva bonus the Boss weapons from current delve are getting skill+242 the new delve boss weapons could be a higher level and thus having higher skill+. Add in buffs and ws/tp gear acc that much of an acc boost shouldn't be needed but we shall see.

Don't get me wrong im not saying its a shitty piece its just with the weapons/gear update it wont be as big of a boost that it is now.

And then SE gives the MB's a 300 evasion boost.

Notice a pattern here?

SE created retardedly overpowered boss's. We pull out every support option we possibly can to overcome the ridiculous stats. SE then releases weapons / gear that make the previous HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE fights much easier while subsequently created even harder Megaboss's that again require us to pull out every support option we have.

So instead of 640 (or 670) in pre-buff accuracy you will then need 800, then 1050, then 1200 and so forth. In August the current fights will get harder while the "newer" will have the same relative strength (player vs monster) that these have.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-21 21:33:21
Link | Citer | R

After playing around with my equipment a bit, I came up with this.

ItemSet 280988

Is this alright for a standard TP setup? Can I change anything right away?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-21 21:47:00
Link | Citer | R

replace ace's with mikinaak path B, goading with zoran's, Attacker's NQ/HQ in place of Atheling, Ziel Charm over Ganesha's, fire bomblet over hagneia stone. If you can manage, the Tzacab Grip from Hurkan isn't bad either.

Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

btw don't even think about selling Pak, it's going to trash EBody (if only slightly) for DRK in the august update
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-21 21:52:33
Link | Citer | R

how can it trash ebody only slightly...
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-21 22:00:16
Link | Citer | R

DEX addition, y0

EBody would still find some use outside of current content for XHits, though doubtful when matching up against SoA

post-update:

Pak Corselet
DEF:68
MP+30 STR+16 DEX+9 VIT+7 AGI+8 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25
Store TP+3 Double Attack+3% Haste+3%

Pak Corselet +1
DEF:69
HP+3 MP+30 STR+17 DEX+10 VIT+8 AGI+9 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+19 Attack+19
Evasion+1 Magic Evasion+27
Store TP+4 Double Attack+4% Haste+3%

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117087-Translated-Gear-Take-these-for-granite
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-21 22:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
replace ace's with mikinaak path B, goading with zoran's, Attacker's NQ/HQ in place of Atheling, Ziel Charm over Ganesha's, fire bomblet over hagneia stone. If you can manage, the Tzacab Grip from Hurkan isn't bad either.

Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

btw don't even think about selling Pak, it's going to trash EBody (if only slightly) for DRK in the august update

Well I literally just bought the Pak lol. I was going to save for Armada but I think its better to wait for August.

Aces feet was a mistake on my part, was supposed to be Mikinaak. I have Zoran's and Fire Bomblet but not the others. I have not done any fracture mega boss yet. Would this setup be alright on fodder?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-21 22:04:20
Link | Citer | R

post-update:

Pak Corselet
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25

Pak Corselet +1
Accuracy+19 Attack+19

DEX addition, y0

Evasion +1? :p
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-21 22:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
post-update:

Pak Corselet
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25

Pak Corselet +1
Accuracy+19 Attack+19

DEX addition, y0

Evasion +1? :p
w
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-21 22:40:18
Link | Citer | R

I was asking why you used the word "trash" if its only slightly better and not all the time. Seems like the wording would be more like "edges" or "beats"... Pak trashes SH, it doesn't TRASH ebody.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-07-21 22:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Perfect Armadaberk
DEF:54
STR+11 DEX+11
Accuracy+16 Attack+16
Evasion-11
Store TP+6 Double Attack+3%

Pak Corselet
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25

Pak Corselet +1
Accuracy+19 Attack+19

Ignoring the minor defensive benefit, we're looking at...

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet

+5STR
-2DEX
+5ATK
-3 Store TP
+3% Haste

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet +1

+6STR
-1DEX
+7ATK
+2ACC
-2 Store TP
+1% Double Attack
+3% Haste

"Trash" is fairly accurate for the HQ (NQ too really, but less so), particularly if we're taking into account the fact that perfect Armadaberks aren't really common and the loss of a couple of store tp is, in almost every single case, moot.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-22 01:15:08
Link | Citer | R

semantics aside, what Prothescar said is pretty much accurate, and both those gloves and the corselet will be considered for the guide
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-22 03:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Perfect Armadaberk
DEF:54
STR+11 DEX+11
Accuracy+16 Attack+16
Evasion-11
Store TP+6 Double Attack+3%

Pak Corselet
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25

Pak Corselet +1
Accuracy+19 Attack+19

Ignoring the minor defensive benefit, we're looking at...

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet

+5STR
-2DEX
+5ATK
-3 Store TP
+3% Haste

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet +1

+6STR
-1DEX
+7ATK
+2ACC
-2 Store TP
+1% Double Attack
+3% Haste

"Trash" is fairly accurate for the HQ (NQ too really, but less so), particularly if we're taking into account the fact that perfect Armadaberks aren't really common and the loss of a couple of store tp is, in almost every single case, moot.

The STR +6 is what really makes pak +1 edge out armadaberk considering you will probably use mala so the DA +1% will add less than 0.01 hit per round, the +2 acc won't change anything.
Beside that,Haste +3% on body doesn't have any practical use atm on DRK. For delve boss you can get 630+ acc and at the same time cap haste and have a 5 hit build with nq senbaak. I would still use Armada until SE gives us some new gears.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-25 04:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The STR +6 is what really makes pak +1 edge out armadaberk considering you will probably use mala so the DA +1% will add less than 0.01 hit per round, the +2 acc won't change anything.
Beside that,Haste +3% on body doesn't have any practical use atm on DRK. For delve boss you can get 630+ acc and at the same time cap haste and have a 5 hit build with nq senbaak. I would still use Armada until SE gives us some new gears.

That is the important part. You can't look at gear in a vacuum and say X > Y. Does Pax +1 allow for different gear setups? Their pretty much equal to each other with Pak+1 being very slightly over Ebody+1, unless it alters your setup.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-25 06:57:58
Link | Citer | R

And then SE gives the MB's a 300 evasion boost.

Notice a pattern here?

SE created retardedly overpowered boss's. We pull out every support option we possibly can to overcome the ridiculous stats. SE then releases weapons / gear that make the previous HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE fights much easier while subsequently created even harder Megaboss's that again require us to pull out every support option we have.

So instead of 640 (or 670) in pre-buff accuracy you will then need 800, then 1050, then 1200 and so forth. In August the current fights will get harder while the "newer" will have the same relative strength (player vs monster) that these have.

Only pattern I see is you pulling numbers out of your arse in every debate/arguement you are in. First you said a 100-200 boost to eva for the next delve bosses then pulling out 300. Hell there is no pattern to what SE does a fine example is the difference between old naakuals and new ones. The next delve bosses could have 2000 eva... yes im being stupid but SE atm are doing equally stupid things with this game.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-25 14:14:50
Link | Citer | R

How would Pak work into this set?? What would you change to keep the 5hit? (need 41stp to 5hit)

ItemSet 309125
By Damz 2013-07-25 14:23:44
Link | Citer | R

with pak +1 that set is just 20.0 tp per hit unless my calculator is wrong somehow (says 39STP in gear) :o wondering if i'm doing something wrong
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-25 14:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Damz said: »
with pak +1 that set is just 20.0 tp per hit unless my calculator is wrong somehow (says 39STP in gear) :o wondering if i'm doing something wrong

My question was worded funny.

People are saying Pak+1 is >> Armada. But if you swap out Armada for Pak+1 what other changes would you make with the extra 3 haste?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-25 15:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »

People are saying Pak+1 is >> Armada. But if you swap out Armada for Pak+1 what other changes would you make with the extra 3 haste?

thank you for putting it in perspective.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-25 17:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »

In practice Pak+1 wouldn't fit anywhere atm. Or maybe with senbaak +1 Ogier hands and a 6% haste belt.

Maybe if you use a rose strap...
By Damz 2013-07-25 17:06:43
Link | Citer | R

i replaced the armada with pak +1 (stp-2 assuming armada got 6) so that makes 39 u silly french
 Cerberus.Regan
user: Damz
By Cerberus.Regan 2013-07-25 17:07:20
Link | Citer | R

also remember pak is getting boosted in the next update
First Page 2 3