Buremte Gloves?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Buremte Gloves?
Buremte Gloves?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-03 11:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
Bismarck.Stani said: »
Quote:
Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

X-hit builds do not lose all of their practicality in (delve) zergs. Capped delay reduction means you'll spend a higher % of your time in after WS delay, sure. You might take a hit from the now common AoE melee rounds or a WS/spell, giving you free TP your x-hit doesn't account for. Neither of these things make it okay to end up at 99 TP as opposed to 100 when the remedy is simple number crunching before you gear up. Especially on a WS damage heavy job like DRK.

Except the issue is, there is definitely going to be some reasonable doubt if you have capped acc or not with any X-hit build you are using on a Delve Boss. Because delve boss level/evasion is highly speculatory right now, it's hard to pin down whether it'll be appropriate to TP in an X-Hit set or an ACC set, and there's a chance you're overestimating your hit rate.

Until I can figure out whether I can use an X-Hit with DRK or not, I'm personally going with an accuracy build because my wallet is unlucky with making gil and i'm just grabbing whatever gear will increase my hitrate on delve bosses.

You do see how it's confusing to express Accuracy concerns in the form of a blanket condemnation of sTP gear and x-hit builds, right?
Perhaps if the Delve MegaBosses' approximate levels/evasion rankings were more clear to me (i am honestly bad at calculating this), I would be more open-minded to using x-hits on them, especially if hit rate can be capped using X-hit/Multi-Attack gear on the Delve MegaBosses. Currently I seem to be having trouble finding this info on BG.

It's not that I'm condemning them...at least, not on purpose. >_>;

This what parser's are for, they tell you your accuracy.. That could have solved the issue for you immediately without needing to know the NM's stats
If only I was able to go DRK for Delve! I'm the LS GEO nowadays lol. I'm working towards getting a Senbaak crafted (I'm broke as ***) so my DRK can be readily available when needed @_@
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-08-04 11:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

X-hit builds do not lose all of their practicality in (delve) zergs. Capped delay reduction means you'll spend a higher % of your time in after WS delay, sure. You might take a hit from the now common AoE melee rounds or a WS/spell, giving you free TP your x-hit doesn't account for. Neither of these things make it okay to end up at 99 TP as opposed to 100 when the remedy is simple number crunching before you gear up. Especially on a WS damage heavy job like DRK.

Except the issue is, there is definitely going to be some reasonable doubt if you have capped acc or not with any X-hit build you are using on a Delve Boss. Because delve boss level/evasion is highly speculatory right now, it's hard to pin down whether it'll be appropriate to TP in an X-Hit set or an ACC set, and there's a chance you're overestimating your hit rate.

Until I can figure out whether I can use an X-Hit with DRK or not, I'm personally going with an accuracy build because my wallet is unlucky with making gil and i'm just grabbing whatever gear will increase my hitrate on delve bosses.

You do see how it's confusing to express Accuracy concerns in the form of a blanket condemnation of sTP gear and x-hit builds, right?
Perhaps if the Delve MegaBosses' approximate levels/evasion rankings were more clear to me (i am honestly bad at calculating this), I would be more open-minded to using x-hits on them, especially if hit rate can be capped using X-hit/Multi-Attack gear on the Delve MegaBosses. Currently I seem to be having trouble finding this info on BG.

It's not that I'm condemning them...at least, not on purpose. >_>;

This what parser's are for, they tell you your accuracy.. That could have solved the issue for you immediately without needing to know the NM's stats
If only I was able to go DRK for Delve! I'm the LS GEO nowadays lol. I'm working towards getting a Senbaak crafted (I'm broke as ***) so my DRK can be readily available when needed @_@

So you're never going DRK but you want to know how to gear it, to never take it anyway?!

Priceless.

Reminds me of the days I used to RDM. My Hagun SAM was never taken to events dispite being the strongest DD in ls, because the other DD's refused to level a mage.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-04 12:49:27
Link | Citer | R

So you're never going DRK but you want to know how to gear it, to never take it anyway?!

Priceless.

Reminds me of the days I used to RDM. My Hagun SAM was never taken to events dispite being the strongest DD in ls, because the other DD's refused to level a mage.

It really should be a point of pride that people are/were able to fill a needed role regardless of their scope of abilities. It should be a point of shame that so many are able to occupy a slot simply for lack of diversity or effort.

I think that's the reason a lot of people left. Kudos to the people who are team players, they always were what made FFXI great.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-04 12:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Priceless.

I'll at least get to go DRK for stuff like Legion lol.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-08-04 14:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Perfect Armadaberk
DEF:54
STR+11 DEX+11
Accuracy+16 Attack+16
Evasion-11
Store TP+6 Double Attack+3%

Pak Corselet
DEF:68
MP+30 STR+16 DEX+9 VIT+7 AGI+8 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25
Store TP+3 Double Attack+3% Haste+3%

Pak Corselet +1
DEF:69
HP+3 MP+30 STR+17 DEX+10 VIT+8 AGI+9 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+19 Attack+19
Evasion+1 Magic Evasion+27
Store TP+4 Double Attack+4% Haste+3%

Ignoring the minor defensive benefit, we're looking at...

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet

+5STR
-2DEX
+5ATK
-3 Store TP
+3% Haste

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet +1

+6STR
-1DEX
+7ATK
+2ACC
-2 Store TP
+1% Double Attack
+3% Haste

"Trash" is fairly accurate for the HQ (NQ too really, but less so), particularly if we're taking into account the fact that perfect Armadaberks aren't really common and the loss of a couple of store tp is, in almost every single case, moot.

pak doesn't have dex >.>
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-04 14:25:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Perfect Armadaberk
DEF:54
STR+11 DEX+11
Accuracy+16 Attack+16
Evasion-11
Store TP+6 Double Attack+3%

Pak Corselet
DEF:68
MP+30 STR+16 DEX+9 VIT+7 AGI+8 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+18 Attack+18
Magic Evasion+25
Store TP+3 Double Attack+3% Haste+3%

Pak Corselet +1
DEF:69
HP+3 MP+30 STR+17 DEX+10 VIT+8 AGI+9 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7
Accuracy+19 Attack+19
Evasion+1 Magic Evasion+27
Store TP+4 Double Attack+4% Haste+3%

Ignoring the minor defensive benefit, we're looking at...

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet

+5STR
-2DEX
+5ATK
-3 Store TP
+3% Haste

Armadaberk -> Pak Corselet +1

+6STR
-1DEX
+7ATK
+2ACC
-2 Store TP
+1% Double Attack
+3% Haste

"Trash" is fairly accurate for the HQ (NQ too really, but less so), particularly if we're taking into account the fact that perfect Armadaberks aren't really common and the loss of a couple of store tp is, in almost every single case, moot.

pak doesn't have dex >.>

You do realize that the stats on the Pak Corselet that prothescar is comparing to, are what's going to be on them after the update.