Buremte Gloves?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Buremte Gloves?
Buremte Gloves?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-07-25 17:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
People are saying Pak+1 is >> Armada. But if you swap out Armada for Pak+1 what other changes would you make with the extra 3 haste?
Ogier's Gauntlets, Whirlpool Greaves. When +GSSkill added, Tactical Mantle for /notSAM 5-hit, go /DRG, stack multihit jumps. Plenty of ideas.

The inferral of superiority, though, is mostly because you can buy the damn thing from the AH instead of playing synergy roulette at twice the cost.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-25 17:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Regan said: »
also remember pak is getting boosted in the next update

We are comparing the boosted Pak+1. The more I look at the numbers the more I think we should all sell our Pak/+1s while we can.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-25 19:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The inferral of superiority, though, is mostly because you can buy the damn thing from the AH instead of playing synergy roulette at twice the cost.

That's a different story. Right now I'm telling people not to bother making Adaberk and just get a Pak instead (preferably HQ). Folks with their augmented Adaberks don't really gain much from switching to Pak+1 much less NQ. Maybe when they introduce the delve gear from the Thunder / Earth boss's this will change.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-07-25 22:10:57
Link | Citer | R

If after R/E/M update we do revere back to using Ragnarok, pak +1 would free up the feet slot for phorcys. This will require you to have 15 stp on WS and land 4 hits reso. The sacrifice is having to use Pak +1 + Oto +1 during the days of proc and Yoayotl + Mini during the day of none proc. This will give you exactly 100 tp cycle 6 hit.

I agree right now the 3% will likely be a waste, but you do have the option to move them around when new stp pieces come out maybe in the ammo and hand slot.
 Bismarck.Stani
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-07-26 02:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

X-hit builds do not lose all of their practicality in (delve) zergs. Capped delay reduction means you'll spend a higher % of your time in after WS delay, sure. You might take a hit from the now common AoE melee rounds or a WS/spell, giving you free TP your x-hit doesn't account for. Neither of these things make it okay to end up at 99 TP as opposed to 100 when the remedy is simple number crunching before you gear up. Especially on a WS damage heavy job like DRK.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-26 02:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:

That's a different story. Right now I'm telling people not to bother making Adaberk and just get a Pak instead (preferably HQ). Folks with their augmented Adaberks don't really gain much from switching to Pak+1 much less NQ. Maybe when they introduce the delve gear from the Thunder / Earth boss's this will change.

They're also adding 5 new gear sets via Skirmish II (augmentable, RIP sanity) next update and another set of Bayld armor, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-26 02:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Equipment is temporary in this day and age, so being elitist and trying to get that 0.000000000001% DPS boost only for it to be trounced a few weeks later is pretty silly and shortsighted.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-26 02:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Regan said: »
also remember pak is getting boosted in the next update

The boost itself won't do anything for pak+1 as a tp piece.
They need to add some gears around it.
Or you could always /DRG on DRK...
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-26 08:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I agree with all that is said, with Pak only being lvl 100, I'm sure there will be items between 110-119 that surpass both Pak and Ebody.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-07-26 08:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Equipment is temporary in this day and age, so being elitist and trying to get that 0.000000000001% DPS boost only for it to be trounced a few weeks later is pretty silly and shortsighted.

Unless it takes you 5 seconds to get it ~

I've always believed in being the best you can be, if there is a piece of gear that only requires my time, competency and patience to get it, I will try to get it! Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to totally forget friends and family in pursuit of 0.0001 DPS (not like back in 2006!)
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-07-26 14:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Don't bet your money on gear progression update after update. SE has already said it, item is based on content difficulty, and Delve boss being lvl 119 is the highest. They are only filling the gap between 110 to 119 right now. Also, item does not directly equal to better. Mini body is ilvl 110 and it is not as good as Pak for TP purpose. While I don't doubt the final 3 Delve boss (light, dark, and ice based) will produce stuff like ilvl 119 body and leg, there is still a way to go.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-26 14:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Quote:
Store TP builds honestly lose their practicality on Delve Bosses, with such high evasion these bosses are getting to begin with :x

X-hit builds do not lose all of their practicality in (delve) zergs. Capped delay reduction means you'll spend a higher % of your time in after WS delay, sure. You might take a hit from the now common AoE melee rounds or a WS/spell, giving you free TP your x-hit doesn't account for. Neither of these things make it okay to end up at 99 TP as opposed to 100 when the remedy is simple number crunching before you gear up. Especially on a WS damage heavy job like DRK.

Except the issue is, there is definitely going to be some reasonable doubt if you have capped acc or not with any X-hit build you are using on a Delve Boss. Because delve boss level/evasion is highly speculatory right now, it's hard to pin down whether it'll be appropriate to TP in an X-Hit set or an ACC set, and there's a chance you're overestimating your hit rate.

Until I can figure out whether I can use an X-Hit with DRK or not, I'm personally going with an accuracy build because my wallet is unlucky with making gil and i'm just grabbing whatever gear will increase my hitrate on delve bosses.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-26 15:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Which is where Buremte Gloves comes in!

This thread was derailed rather quickly. Anyone tried out other sets with these gloves or is this just a topic to speculate further updates now? :p
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-26 17:15:57
Link | Citer | R

This thread was derailed rather quickly. Anyone tried out other sets with these gloves or is this just a topic to speculate further updates now? :p

The gloves aren't that good (unless you are using upheaval), so the thread got derailed to a more important discussion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-26 22:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Gloves are only useful if you need a *** ton of accuracy. Possibly put them in a "OMG MY BUFFS R GONE!!" emergency set. Would keep ur damage from halting entirely when the big bad gets annoying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stani
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-07-27 05:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
Quote:

Except the issue is, there is definitely going to be some reasonable doubt if you have capped acc or not with any X-hit build you are using on a Delve Boss. Because delve boss level/evasion is highly speculatory right now, it's hard to pin down whether it'll be appropriate to TP in an X-Hit set or an ACC set, and there's a chance you're overestimating your hit rate.

Until I can figure out whether I can use an X-Hit with DRK or not, I'm personally going with an accuracy build because my wallet is unlucky with making gil and i'm just grabbing whatever gear will increase my hitrate on delve bosses.

You do see how it's confusing to express Accuracy concerns in the form of a blanket condemnation of sTP gear and x-hit builds, right?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-27 05:55:01
Link | Citer | R

So what is a better TP hand piece for DRK at the moment over Buremte?
Aside from Ogiers because I don't have those and Stachy won't drop it to me. Don't have Ares' Hands +1 either.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-27 06:17:01
Link | Citer | R

So what is a better TP hand piece for DRK at the moment over Buremte?
Aside from Ogiers because I don't have those and Stachy won't drop it to me. Don't have Ares' Hands +1 either.

You can use Bale hands +2, you'll just be overhasted by 1%.

To be more accurate it always depends on your other gears.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-27 06:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, would rather get the other stats then that 1% haste which is doing absolutely nothing.
The DEX alone just makes it far superior to Bale, unless anyone can prove otherwise?

This is my current standard TP setup. Bereaver is Rank 15, Miki feet are only rank 3 at the moment. The set has +51 DEX and plenty of ACC before food. Is there anything overly wrong with it?

ItemSet 280988
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-27 06:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Well your set looks correct with capped haste and 637 acc (assuming feet are rank 15). Except it's a 7 hit build. I would swap legs for phorcys for a 6 hit and more DEX.

Nvm me just saw that you said feet are rank 3.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-27 06:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Well your set looks correct with capped haste and 637 acc (assuming feet are rank 15). Except it's a 7 hit build. I would swap legs for phorcys for a 6 hit and more DEX.

I was wondering about that. I suck when it comes to figuring x-hit. I can Phorcys it up. I guess Ares' legs a lot less useful for me at the moment with the current setup?

Also I am trying to figure out a TP set for Haste + March x2 considering no Phorcys feet or Ogiers Hands (yet), and I have been thinking of bringing in Karieyh Feet and Ares' legs. Also I suppose I could switch Zoran's for Goading in that situation.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-27 07:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

I was wondering about that. I suck when it comes to figuring x-hit. I can Phorcys it up. I guess Ares' legs a lot less useful for me at the moment with the current setup?

Also I am trying to figure out a TP set for Haste + March x2 considering no Phorcys feet or Ogiers Hands (yet), and I have been thinking of bringing in Karieyh Feet and Ares' legs. Also I suppose I could switch Zoran's for Goading in that situation.

If you switch for goading you can keep ares +1 legs. It will still be a 6 hit, and you'll be at 630 acc.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-07-27 07:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Well you need feet rank 15 for that.
 Lakshmi.Razius
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-07-27 07:42:11
Link | Citer | R

How would these compare against Avant Gaunts +1 for Resolution, would the lack of double attack really hurt these gloves? Or would the extra stats and flat acc win out?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-27 08:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said: »
How would these compare against Avant Gaunts +1 for Resolution, would the lack of double attack really hurt these gloves? Or would the extra stats and flat acc win out?

They are ok for Resolution with 9str.

Phorcys hands offer the same STR and 2da (and att)
Miki hands rank15 offer 10 STR 10acc and 28 att.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-27 09:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

You do see how it's confusing to express Accuracy concerns in the form of a blanket condemnation of sTP gear and x-hit builds, right?
Perhaps if the Delve MegaBosses' approximate levels/evasion rankings were more clear to me (i am honestly bad at calculating this), I would be more open-minded to using x-hits on them, especially if hit rate can be capped using X-hit/Multi-Attack gear on the Delve MegaBosses. Currently I seem to be having trouble finding this info on BG.

It's not that I'm condemning them...at least, not on purpose. >_>;
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-07-27 10:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Tojil is approximately level 130 with 1900 defense, 870 evasion, and 200 VIT/AGI.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-27 15:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Sweet, that's exactly what I need for Tojil. What about Muyingwa and Dakuwaqa? Or are they about the same?
By Tickmeoff 2013-08-03 06:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Anyone happen to know the .dat for the mithra and elvaan female versions of these hands?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-08-03 07:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Perhaps if the Delve MegaBosses' approximate levels/evasion rankings were more clear to me (i am honestly bad at calculating this), I would be more open-minded to using x-hits on them, especially if hit rate can be capped using X-hit/Multi-Attack gear on the Delve MegaBosses. Currently I seem to be having trouble finding this info on BG.

It's not that I'm condemning them...at least, not on purpose. >_>;

This what parser's are for, they tell you your accuracy.. That could have solved the issue for you immediately without needing to know the NM's stats