FindAll

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » findAll
findAll
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-20 17:20:56
Link | Citer | R
 
yet another addon!
findAll will search for items stored on all of your characters.

check the addon's page for instructions.

as usual, send me a pm or use the issue tracker to report any bug or to send any suggestion :)

an example of "ab" search:
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Offline
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
Posts: 14552
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-20 17:23:06
Link | Citer | R
 
Very nice, I suggested this to the developer of the Windower plugin Find, but I never heard anything back from him after the initial discussion. It's nice to see that it's possible now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-20 17:24:05
Link | Citer | R
 
Nice
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
Posts: 3351
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-20 17:24:51
Link | Citer | R
 
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?

Edit: *I THINK... because I am sure that I was searching this way with whatever I have, but

seems to make it sound like we couldn't. I should just shutup until I can login and see what I actually use, probably. :\
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-20 17:26:11
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?
Find only checks the current character.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Offline
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
Posts: 14552
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-20 17:26:44
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?
Find searches your character, Findall searches every character on your account (or every character that you've logged into?, developer would have to confirm which).
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
Posts: 3351
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-20 17:27:30
Link | Citer | R
 
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?
Find only checks the current character.

Oh I see - I didn't notice the first time, and magically, tinypic is now blocked at work. :\

Thanks! That IS really cool.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-20 17:29:10
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?
Find only checks the current character.

Oh I see - I didn't notice the first time, and magically, tinypic is now blocked at work. :\

Thanks! That IS really cool.
/comfort
My work also randomly blocks certain image hosts. I wish it would either leave them all alone or block them all (preferably allow)
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-20 17:29:41
Link | Citer | R
 
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I just started using the plugin* Find, and really like it. Is there any benefit to this addon that would make someone choose one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?
Find searches your character, Findall searches every character on your account (or every character that you've logged into?, developer would have to confirm which).

The addon's page has more detailed info.
The plugin stores a list of the items your character owns on logout or everytime you make a search. So, yes, need to login at least once.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-20 17:36:51
Link | Citer | R
 
So one thing I just discovered is that this addon combines stacks of items to make one entry. That's awesome. The find plugin lists each row individually.

Nice little detail that I greatly appreciate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
Posts: 1740
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-05-20 17:41:13
Link | Citer | R
 
This will be very handy since I send a lot of things to the mules.

Thanks so much~ ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-20 18:47:26
Link | Citer | R
 
Could you add a command to export the inventory list into a legible format? Since it stores the item IDs, I can't use the generated file for a reference when I don't have a particular item I want to find.

Otherwise a command to show all the items for a particular character would probably be sufficient.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
Posts: 2617
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-21 01:57:45
Link | Citer | R
 
This looks like an awesome addon. Out of curiousity, is it possible to filter a list by mule name?

For example:

Say I'm levelling, I dunno, GEO and I want to see what I have on each mule so I know where to look (especially with Windower crashing when I log to mule).

//findall Mule1

Mule1/inventory: Bronze Dagger
Mule1/inventory: Black Belt
Mule1/Safe: Yagrushwhynot!
Mule1/Storage: Some GEO stuff


I'll know that I need to go to Mule1 to pick up some GEO-friendly stuff from my Storage.
[+]
 Odin.Machorz
Offline
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: MacHorz
Posts: 91
By Odin.Machorz 2013-05-21 02:28:48
Link | Citer | R
 
That looks cool but I looked up the add on and Lua website and I cant get it to work >.<

Anyone can tell me how it works?
I downloaded the file,put in add-on file, but when I want do //load
lua findall in windower it says "file does not exist"

Hope anyone can help me^^
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-21 03:16:48
Link | Citer | R
 
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Could you add a command to export the inventory list into a legible format? Since it stores the item IDs, I can't use the generated file for a reference when I don't have a particular item I want to find.

Otherwise a command to show all the items for a particular character would probably be sufficient.
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
This looks like an awesome addon. Out of curiousity, is it possible to filter a list by mule name?

For example:

Say I'm levelling, I dunno, GEO and I want to see what I have on each mule so I know where to look (especially with Windower crashing when I log to mule).

//findall Mule1

Mule1/inventory: Bronze Dagger
Mule1/inventory: Black Belt
Mule1/Safe: Yagrushwhynot!
Mule1/Storage: Some GEO stuff


I'll know that I need to go to Mule1 to pick up some GEO-friendly stuff from my Storage.
I'll add a way to specify which character(s)'s items you wanna show/search.

Odin.Machorz said: »
That looks cool but I looked up the add on and Lua website and I cant get it to work >.<

Anyone can tell me how it works?
I downloaded the file,put in add-on file, but when I want do //load
lua findall in windower it says "file does not exist"

Hope anyone can help me^^
you need to download and enable it using the windower 4 launcher, under the addons tab.
[+]
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-21 16:10:58
Link | Citer | R
 
I've added the character filter.

example1: findall thaumas -- searches for "thaumas" on all of your characters
example2: findall :alpha :beta thaumas -- searches for "thaumas" on "alpha" and "beta" characters
example3: findall :omega -- shows all the items stored on "omega"
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-21 20:44:08
Link | Citer | R
 
I was just looking for something, and noticed that I got fewer results than expected. I checked the file, and all of my characters that I haven't signed into today are gone from the .json file. I have 16 characters on my main account alone, but only my main is currently listed.
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-22 03:40:50
Link | Citer | R
 
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I was just looking for something, and noticed that I got fewer results than expected. I checked the file, and all of my characters that I haven't signed into today are gone from the .json file. I have 16 characters on my main account alone, but only my main is currently listed.

it's strange…
it's possible that the launcher thought that it was ok to replace the file with the default one… or i just messed up something.

i'll double check the code. meanwhile, please let me know if it happens again.

edit: can you please send me the file if you are going to remake it? it shouldn't, but it's possible that the addon is having issues reading it when it's too big and i wanna make some tries. even pastebin is ok.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 06:40:30
Link | Citer | R
 
I'll provide it to you after work.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 18:21:27
Link | Citer | R
 
Maybe I'm losing my mind. I swear I looked at the file last night and it only had like 4 characters in it. Now I see everything in the file.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Offline
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
Posts: 3187
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-22 19:18:34
Link | Citer | R
 
What do you mean 'all your characters', btw? Do you mean all your characters on the same account or does it include all your dual/trio/etc box mules opened in another tab?
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
Posts: 1740
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-05-22 19:21:27
Link | Citer | R
 
He means all of them on the same account. He has a billion mules on it >.>
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 19:22:25
Link | Citer | R
 
I have 16 characters on my main account, 5-6 on my second account, and 4 on my third account.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Offline
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
Posts: 3187
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-22 20:25:22
Link | Citer | R
 
Aren't all the windower...windows capable of communicating with each other? I don't suppose it'll be difficult to alter the plugin to make it search through all the character dual/trio/etc box windows you have open?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-22 20:33:01
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Aren't all the windower...windows capable of communicating with each other? I don't suppose it'll be difficult to alter the plugin to make it search through all the character dual/trio/etc box windows you have open?
It already does that.
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-23 02:39:17
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
What do you mean 'all your characters', btw? Do you mean all your characters on the same account or does it include all your dual/trio/etc box mules opened in another tab?
as long as you login on the same machine you'll be able to search crosscharacter/crossaccount, even if you are not logged on them.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-29 16:13:53
Link | Citer | R
 
Found an interesting little bug.

If I search for x-potion, ALL potions are listed with an 'x-'. I got a kick out of the 'hi-x-potion tank'.

[+]
 Phoenix.Zohno
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
Posts: 83
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-05-29 19:54:23
Link | Citer | R
 
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Found an interesting little bug.

If I search for x-potion, ALL potions are listed with an 'x-'. I got a kick out of the 'hi-x-potion tank'.


Thank you for the report.
I've fixed the bug and made an update request, so it should be available in a bit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-29 19:55:24
Link | Citer | R
 
Outstanding.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
Posts: 3147
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-04 16:05:57
Link | Citer | R
 
When doing a character specific search (i.e. //findall :krizz), it puts a number after each character in the item name.

Example:
'Krizz/inventory: 1D2s3r4k5 6C7l8u9s10t11e12r13 (2)' instead of 'Krizz/inventory: Dark Cluster (2)'

Edit: If I add an item after the name (i.e. //findall :krizz crystal), this bug is not present.
First Page 2 3
Log in to post.