findAll
 Phoenix.Zohno
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-05 03:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
When doing a character specific search (i.e. //findall :krizz), it puts a number after each character in the item name.

Example:
'Krizz/inventory: 1D2s3r4k5 6C7l8u9s10t11e12r13 (2)' instead of 'Krizz/inventory: Dark Cluster (2)'

Edit: If I add an item after the name (i.e. //findall :krizz crystal), this bug is not present.

weird o.o
i'll check it out.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-05 07:08:51
Link | Citer | R

If i search on my main account using my main character name or my alt character name. It searches perfectly fine. If i search for a mule say XXX it says no items are on this character yet i know there is. Just thought i mention it. Great addon by the way :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-06-05 07:53:37
Link | Citer | R

No one is going to question why they have a muddy bar tab?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-05 08:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
If i search on my main account using my main character name or my alt character name. It searches perfectly fine. If i search for a mule say XXX it says no items are on this character yet i know there is. Just thought i mention it. Great addon by the way :)

This may sound silly, but have you logged onto that mule before? It can only search mules you've actively logged onto that machine (since getting the plugin).

I assume it makes a database of what's on each character and updates it when it's logged on.
 Phoenix.Zohno
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-05 08:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the compliments :)
As Hitetsu said, you need to login at least once on each char to make the addon gather data. Wait about 20sec before loggin out so you are sure that all the items have been loaded from the server.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-05 08:43:14
Link | Citer | R

To add to the compliments, this addon is awesome. At first I didnt think I would use it but I had to re-gear BLM the other day after not touching it in who knows how long. Really helped me find everything I needed across my mules easily. I just wish it could see whats held on porter moogle :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Zohno
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-05 08:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
To add to the compliments, this addon is awesome. At first I didnt think I would use it but I had to re-gear BLM the other day after not touching it in who knows how long. Really helped me find everything I needed across my mules easily. I just wish it could see whats held on porter moogle :(

Thank you :)

About the slips… I've it ready in the code but it's disabled :(
Due to a current bug in the addon interface windower uses, the items' list could get corrupted on logout.

Maybe, as a temp workaround, I could enable it but it would work only for the char you are using the addon on since I cannot store those items for a shared search.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-06-05 09:10:04
Link | Citer | R

There's always your porter addon. Sure it's separate, but it doesn't take long to do.
 Phoenix.Zohno
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-05 09:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
There's always your porter addon. Sure it's separate, but it doesn't take long to do.

Similar, but findall would tell you in which slip and page the item is while with porter you have to scan the slips manuallly.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-06-05 09:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Zohno said: »
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »

Similar, but findall would tell you in which slip and page the item is while with porter you have to scan the slips manuallly.

Eh I suppose that could be beneficial...I'm never in a rush so I guess it doesn't matter much to me lol

Well, and the fact I pretty much never change jobs that I don't have the gear on me for :P
 Phoenix.Zohno
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-05 11:40:12
Link | Citer | R

When doing a character specific search (i.e. //findall :krizz), it puts a number after each character in the item name.

Example:
'Krizz/inventory: 1D2s3r4k5 6C7l8u9s10t11e12r13 (2)' instead of 'Krizz/inventory: Dark Cluster (2)'

Edit: If I add an item after the name (i.e. //findall :krizz crystal), this bug is not present.

Fixed
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-05 16:58:41
Link | Citer | R

As Hitetsu said, you need to login at least once on each char to make the addon gather data. Wait about 20sec before loggin out so you are sure that all the items have been loaded from the server.

Almost positive i have but ill retest this now and get back to you.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-05 17:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Example:

Fixed
Confirmed. Thanks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-05 17:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Almost positive i have but ill retest this now and get back to you.

Confirmed now working. Once again amazing plugin!
[+]
 Bahamut.Braxtaru
user: braxtaru
By Bahamut.Braxtaru 2013-06-06 10:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, as a temp workaround, I could enable it but it would work only for the char you are using the addon on since I cannot store those items for a shared search.

I'd be more than happy with that as a fix let alone a temp soloution lol =)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-06 10:18:19
Link | Citer | R

About the slips… I've it ready in the code but it's disabled :(
Due to a current bug in the addon interface windower uses, the items' list could get corrupted on logout.

That would be awesome. Also I didnt even know there was a porter addon >.> how do I miss these things?
 Phoenix.Zohno
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-06-10 14:38:55
Link | Citer | R

I've updated the addon and made the slips searchable from the current char for now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-10 14:43:11
Link | Citer | R

I've updated the addon and made the slips searchable from the current char for now.

Much appreciated!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [378 days between previous and next post]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-23 19:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

Thank you so very much for this add-on, as my Son and I use it for our three POL accounts and 30+ characters. Using so many characters gave us some thoughts on what would help us improve our usage of findall.

1) Allow us to perform a query that results in a list of ALL items on ALL characters. I realize a blank value for query when providing a character name gives you a list of all the items on the character. Yet, with 30+ characters it would be very helpful to provide a method to list all characters and all items. Thoughts on the syntax:

A) findall without any parameters lists all characters and all items.

B) findall ::all would list all characters and all items. The double colons and the word all should be unique enough in case someone did have the character name "All."

Another thought would be :* instead of ::all This would go along wih the next thought . . .

C) findall :*(characters in the character name)* This would allow someone to say search only characters with certain common aspects of their name. Examples would be:

findall :*mule* this would find all the items on any character with the found characters "mule" in it. NOTE: Beside the wild card character * for an unlimited number of characters; please consider using "?" for one character. While implementing more as to the way of generating possible character names might be nice (e.g. regular expressions), IMHO, * and ? should be enough.

2) What we need with so many characters is a method to organize (sort and display) them based upon different criteria. My thought is to have an Excel spreadsheet. While having findall generate the Excel spreadsheet with all the necessary values and excel oode would be nice, I think it is beyond the scope of findall and should be part of another program.

Thus my thought is to develop an ooREXX program to generate the Excel spreadsheet with the individual items listed by findall for all characters (#1) and add on the individual attributes (e.g. level, dmg, wait time, attributes, food type, material type, etc)

Maybe I won't end up doing the program in the end, but #1 would be useful to everyone.

3) I'm not sure if this already exists, but I'm guessing NO given the documentation doesn't address it.

One the -e<filename> and -export=filename syntax, it would be useful to allow people to append (thus the name of the character would be in the file, too). From what I can tell today findall overwrites an existing file without any attempt to inform the user or protect the previous file.

At least the documentation should note how the export file support works, please. Hopefully, you'll also consider options: append | overwrite | protect (which protects the original file by say adding a counter (Bbones.csv and Bbone_001.csv or Bbones(1).csv)

Thank you so very much for FindAll! :-)

I. B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-23 19:41:27
Link | Citer | R

check the addon's page for instructions.

FYI: The above list and the one in the original message is out of date. I think the current one (as of 6/2014) is:

http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=addons:findall

Thank you for a wonderful add-on! :-)

I. B. Halliwell of Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-06-24 00:17:15
Link | Citer | R

This is actually the current page. What you posted was the wiki for it.

As for your suggestions, they should really go on the Lua issue tracker, chances are they won't be remembered by anyone who maintains addons in here. Zohno himself quit a long time ago, and findAll is currently only randomly maintained by a few people whenever the need arises, including Byrth, Mujihina and me.

So, same as for every other suggestion, use the issue tracker or chances are it will be overlooked.

Oh, and make separate issues for each request, if you do that.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-10-25 00:06:51
Link | Citer | R

is there a way to reset findall? logged onto my computer with my other accounts, but normally use one computer per account. now i see old info of items from other accounts. would like to reset so i no longer see those other accounts if possible.

thank you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-10-25 01:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Protey! Delete the data folder, or the lines in the .json file that correspond to characters you don't want to see.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [185 days between previous and next post]
By runeghost 2015-04-28 09:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to necrobump, but a quick search didn't come up with anything - *is* there a way to export a //findall so that we can look through equipment when not playing, sort in open office and decide where to put things?
Thank you.
By geigei 2015-04-28 09:49:22
Link | Citer | R

There's a offline inventory viewer, never used though.
By runeghost 2015-04-28 09:59:18
Link | Citer | R

So typing //findall, screen shotting, pasting into MS paint, and working off that is the best way to go? -_-
Ugh. Ah well, thank you =)
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-28 11:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately I think that offline inventory viewer is behind a paywall now. It might be faster to have gearswap compile a list of what is in your inventory (if you prefer text to ms paint). I think the command was something like /gs export inventory xml. That would only list the stuff in your inventory though and I don't know if compiling lists of other storage is as simple as typing /gs export mog sachel xml.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-28 11:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason why findall does NOT find Yorcia Alluvion armor, or am I just doing it wrong?
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-28 12:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Findall does find yorcia alluvion armor. I used to use that to determine which pieces of helios I still needed. I usually type //findall helios and it pulls up the whole list of what I have. It won't tell you what's in your dbox though if you're trying to mule gear.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-28 12:26:23
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'm either unlucky or really not spelling things right. I'll give it another shot later, because I did find it odd that I couldn't find my Taeon crap.