Nin Finally Gets An Update!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nin finally gets an update!
Nin finally gets an update!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-03 06:35:44
Link | Citer | R

For those of you at work who can't read the link:

A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception.

New Job Abilities
Accomplished in both offense and defense, the art of ninjutsu has over the years proven to be a favorite among adventurers across the land. Now, with the addition of the following two new abilities, ninjas can further enhance either their efficiency in offense or aptitude in defense as befits the situation.

- Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Increases enmity and enhances "ninja tool expertise" effect, but impairs accuracy. Grants a bonus to evasion and critical hit rate when in front of target.

User submitted image

- Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

User submitted image

- Yonin
Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy.
While in effect, Yonin increases enmity and enhances the effect of "ninja tool expertise" in exchange for reduced accuracy. Further bonuses are granted to evasion and critical hit rate when engaging your target from the front.
The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

- Innin
Strengthens one's ability to deal damage to the enemy.
While in effect, Innin lowers enmity in exchange for reduced evasion. Further bonuses are granted to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking your target from behind.
As with Yonin, the potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

*Notes
The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.

In implementing these new abilities, the development team has taken into consideration character positioning during party play and many other factors. To ensure a smooth gaming experience for all, testing and adjustments will be carried out to the fullest extent that time permits.

Mijin Gakure
Up until now, ninjas who were revived after using the job ability "Mijin Gakure" would find themselves alive and standing, but in a weakened state. The July version update will see self-sacrificing ninjas restored to battle-ready fitness with a generous 50% of HP in the tank.

In light of the above changes, the latent effect granted by the ninja mythic weapon will also be adjusted. In place of the effect whereby users of Mijin Gakure are spared being revived in a weakened state, a special new effect will be introduced that will activate after using Mijin Gakure.

Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!
[+]
 Shiva.Velito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Velito
By Shiva.Velito 2009-07-03 07:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Increases enmity

Quote:
but impairs accuracy

{Impossible to gauge}
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-03 07:08:52
Link | Citer | R

God. This sounds horrible. I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.
Gonna be seeing ppl trying Nin/thf or some stupid stuff I bet for Innin.
 Fairy.Lycurgus
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lycurgus 2009-07-03 07:43:37
Link | Citer | R

This is a decent update for nin, any update is more than welcome by this point, really. So, yep, I'm happy with it.

That being said, I would have liked to see Yonin provide increased parry rate. It even says in the description "Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy." But no mention of parry in the fine print. Just evasion. Boo. It's a sad thing having capped parry but having it proc maybe 20% (or less?) of the time shields block for plds. Parry mastery, yes please.

And I won't even bring up jubaku: ni for the zillionth time. Oops, I just did.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-03 08:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Lycurgus said:
This is a decent update for nin, any update is more than welcome by this point, really. So, yep, I'm happy with it.

That being said, I would have liked to see Yonin provide increased parry rate. It even says in the description "Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy." But no mention of parry in the fine print. Just evasion. Boo. It's a sad thing having capped parry but having it proc maybe 20% (or less?) of the time shields block for plds. Parry mastery, yes please.

Throwing my two cents in :

NIN is finally get an update. Why are you still bitching?

Be happy with what you're being given.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-03 08:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Thank you SE. But impairs acc? Really? on a job that already have A- on their weapons. Thank you not so much >.<
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Serveur: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-07-03 08:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Lol some people do nothing but complain their entire life ...

This Update is awesome for Ninja, Yonin will help tanking much better, who cares about the acc loss, a good party would always have a BRD or a COR to boost acc and atk anyway, not to mention the food effect. Ninjutsu will be stronger too, i'm curious about how much stronger they will become.

About Innin i'm not sure ... would be for DD Ninjas in party.
Mijin Gakure is definitely awesome now ! No weakened after use, it's gonna be more useful on many occasions.

Can't wait to see them in action ! Go Ninjas ! (^^)b
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-03 08:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Thank you SE. But impairs acc? Really? on a job that already have A- on their weapons. Thank you not so much >.<

More bitching? Really?

PLD have an A+ in Sword Skill and I hit maybe 70% of the time and I'm capped.

NIN is finally getting a much needed update that will benefit them so much, yet people are bitching about it.

Someone please explain why.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-03 08:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Xenophire said:
Lycurgus said:

Throwing my two cents in :

NIN is finally get an update. Why are you still bitching?

Be happy with what you're being given.

Protip: FFXI players are never happy. You can give someone a Hauteclaire, D ring and an Aegis. They'll still complain about nothing against magic, and why their shield only procs 60% of the time.
[+]
 Asura.Xedal
user:
By Asura.Xedal 2009-07-03 08:20:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I am one of these people who hates NIN.. And just, wow.... Holy ***... Their 2 hour got sexy, and they are finally being given tools to actually tank? D= Well I'm out of a job.. *Chucks his Shield and Sword in his recycle bin* =P
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-03 08:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
Protip: FFXI players are never happy. You can give someone a Hauteclaire, D ring and an Aegis. They'll still complain about nothing against magic, and why their shield only procs 60% of the time.

QFT
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-07-03 08:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
*Notes
The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.

Ok, it this seems odd for me. If one cancels the other out, but they have a shared delay. How can you cancel one out with the other ability if you can only put one up and wait for the timer?
 Gilgamesh.Tenchu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tenchu4
By Gilgamesh.Tenchu 2009-07-03 08:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Hmm Yonin just makes Nin/Rdm even sexier......
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-07-03 08:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Bruser said:
Quote:
*Notes

Ok, it this seems odd for me. If one cancels the other out, but they have a shared delay. How can you cancel one out with the other ability if you can only put one up and wait for the timer?

For example Random Deal from COR can reset ability.
 Fairy.Bruser
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-07-03 08:26:59
Link | Citer | R

thats stupid >.>" <.<"
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-07-03 08:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Well they're just making sure that you can't use both at the same time lol
 Fairy.Bruser
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-07-03 08:33:46
Link | Citer | R

well, I guess I was thinking they can switch between abilites to ws or something. one for tank, then other for ws.
idk >_>"''

err, nvm. Thats stupid lol the other one reduces hate, so yeah. ignore me >.>"
I guess a nin will only use one or the other in a party. No point in switching.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-03 08:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Leonelf said:
Well they're just making sure that you can't use both at the same time lol

Even if they could. I'm sure everyone would *** about that, too.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-03 08:38:33
Link | Citer | R

They're just stating that it's not like berserk and defender which do jack ***if they're both on at the same time.
 Hades.Tudds
Serveur: Hades
user: rabbits
By Hades.Tudds 2009-07-03 08:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Xenophire why are you bitching about everyone bitching your just acting like a little *** you make me lol
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-03 08:54:30
Link | Citer | R

would been nice to seen a consolidation of tools, like 1 tool for elemental 1 for enfeebs and 1 for enhancing maybe leave utsu as it own still. also a self RR on the mijin
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-03 08:58:54
Link | Citer | R

This maybe looks quite cool. i'm actually looking forward to seeing these :o and mijin update!
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-03 08:59:57
Link | Citer | R

"you still cant come nin"

jk

I dunno, remember rdm update with composure and all the rdms were like "fail!" so this could really be win, dont knock it til its out.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-03 09:04:03
Link | Citer | R

oh and this be nice for /dnc and prob see more nin/drg for the acc att and haste bonuses

nin/drg does jump with Innin active hits mob for 9000 dmg!!

oh and gl finding mobs in the zones where gothic hands and boots come from after this
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-03 09:10:16
Link | Citer | R

god don't mention rdm, you'll get all the rdm's in here bitching again about how pointless the update was, even though it was far from a nerf on the job that least needed an update.
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2009-07-03 09:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Sounds to me like they want nin's to start using nin tools. With increased enmity and increased ninja tool expertise the -acc prolly won't matter. Since it starts at lvl 40 it also sounds like under observation just got much easier.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-03 09:49:48
Link | Citer | R

I like it..even though i still want Jubaku and Dokumori Ni but i dont give a ***lol i has job abilities now!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-03 09:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Xenophire said:
Zanno said:

More bitching? Really?

PLD have an A+ in Sword Skill and I hit maybe 70% of the time and I'm capped.

NIN is finally getting a much needed update that will benefit them so much, yet people are bitching about it.

Someone please explain why.

gimp an already gimped acc, add acc when striking from behind. enough said
 Bismarck.Verace
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-07-03 10:05:32
Link | Citer | R

wow...i cant wait to try the new abilitys out for NIN ^^ finaly something awesome after so many years woot
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-03 10:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
god don't mention rdm, you'll get all the rdm's in here bitching again about how pointless the update was, even though it was far from a nerf on the job that least needed an update.

Composure is pretty damn awesome, no complaints here :D
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7