Catastrophie Question.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophie Question.
Catastrophie Question.
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2013-02-26 23:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Long time Drk player here. Just came back to the game just over a month ago and making a real push to finally obtain Apoc. Im selling almost everything that isnt R/Ex atm and project to be a month or two away from it at the rate im going at making gil.

Looking to see exactly what is the Damage output of Catastophie at lv 99 with the +40% damage buff. I AM VERY WELL AWARE RESO ROCKS so please please please no need for the comparison comments etc etc.

Love to know how much your Cata's doing everything from EP-DC dyna mobs >> Lv 80--90 content in Abyssea >> NNI/Neo limbus/legion etc on top tier end game stuff.

It is pretty much the same comparison from lv 75 cap drk using lv 75 Apocs just scaled to lv 99 with +40%??? Or Noticably more.

What gears sets are you using to produce high numbers. (AGAIN no need for: WANT NUMBERS RESO comments) Are you stacking INT/AGI how much is str playing factor. Plus weather/day gears And which Atma's for abyssea atamicite for VW.

Thank you, Im very curious on all this info. and looking forward to playing with my soon to be new toy.
By Guitarman 2013-02-27 00:06:13
Link | Citer | R

2500-3500 average with a good WS kit are what I'm pulling.

edit: Before someone complains I'm lying, I mean average, I of course hit some 1500's etc.
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2013-02-27 00:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Whoa thats more than I expected. How is it compaired to Entrophy in terms of damage?
 Asura.Evan
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Evan 2013-02-27 01:14:30
Link | Citer | R

it depends on gearing tbh and atmas but with reso atmas and buffs im doing 2.5-3.5k ive done a few 4-5k cats but thats the high spikes, 99 is a big diff in dmg from the 95, also look into ws dmg + gear pieces they help a good bit
By Solrain 2013-02-27 01:37:43
Link | Citer | R

It's really rough to give a solid average, considering how much variance there is in content these days. Optimal gear set should look something like this:

Mekira-oto +1 is better on WS bonus days and most of us use Soil gorget/belt just to save space with other WSs. Other small things like Fracas Grenade being better with LR up on most targets, Rajas Ring being swapped out for Pyrosoul/Strigoi depending on your STP needs, grip depending on STP etc.

99 Apoc Catastrophe is usually worth using full-time over Entropy, save if you need to fill your MP in an emergency.

There are many Apoc haters around, but it is still a solid weapon and definitely worth taking to 99. Yes, great sword is better in many situations but 99 Apoc is an amazing weapon that any serious DRK should have in their arsenal. Pre-congratulations on your Apocalypse!

Small personal FFXI life lesson: Never sell gear to finish a relic faster. It's most likely never going to be worth it in the long run.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-27 01:52:38
Link | Citer | R

catastrophe
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-02-27 01:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
catastrophe
I wish I could [+] this more than once.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-02-27 02:09:21
Link | Citer | R

short answer, apoc is for lowman and situational. not high dmg, love it for the hp drain
 Quetzalcoatl.Datian
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Datian
By Quetzalcoatl.Datian 2013-02-27 02:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Apoc is amazing when used right i don't eyeball numbers though but i have seen 1500-5k all depends what you fight of course. highly recommend. gear set posted by solrain is what i currently use.
being lazy on salvage front atm, i use entropy when i am in need of mp really that is all. Also ps jinjo you know what he meant so why bother
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-04 04:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Entropy always pulls ahead in terms of DMG, Cata is just to get AM and when u need HP, idk what is wrong with ur Entropy if u do more dmg with Cata.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-04 05:15:15
Link | Citer | R

Whenever I parse my Entropy is always just like 50 dmg more than Cata.
I don't parse with Apoc very often, but that's been the case more or less every time since I got 99 :P

And the only stuff I parse with Apoc is VW, and there both Cata and Entropy usually ends up in the 1.9-2.1k ballpark. (depends a bit on souleater)

Edit: That's usually the average between 6 mobs, not after every single kill (though it does'nt vary much from first to last)
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-04 08:12:26
Link | Citer | R

I get about the same results as Kvazz. Entropy > Cata by just a touch. I used Entropy for SE Spam mostly. Cata > Entropy > Cata etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-04 15:22:31
Link | Citer | R

I usually do like
Cata > 4/5 Entropy > Cata in zergs or VW (tend to wing when I have to refresh fanatic and Cata)to keep AM up.

But on Zerg I usually use Rag anyways
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-04 16:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
Entropy always pulls ahead in terms of DMG, Cata is just to get AM and when u need HP, idk what is wrong with ur Entropy if u do more dmg with Cata.

No.
It depends on the mob you fight, unless twilight mail makes such a difference with the accuracy +25.
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-04 18:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Same as Taint and Kvazz. The difference in damage between the two is hard to notice unless you really pay very close attention. Entropy did shine a lot brighter during souleater, but that's rarely an issue as most often, when I'm using apoc, my main concern is survivability, whereas if I'm using souleater, odds are I'm spamming resolution with an emphasis on maximizing my DPS.

I recently had to make the call to drop entropy in favor of another WS for another job, and I really haven't noticed any real negative impact to my dps. In fact, the occasional self darknesses can be quite a nice little bonus surprise when they happen.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Lockonn
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Grizzle
By Leviathan.Lockonn 2013-03-04 18:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Deadwing said: »
Catastrophe can miss
Most of the time when you really need it. WSAcc-9999 when in red HP ._.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-03-04 19:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Deadwing said: »
Catastrophe can miss
Wrong it only misses when you really really need it. 200hp-. Other then that its spot on. Compare to every time you get slept and need hit and your evasion goes to 100%. NNI its amazing, less cures. Legion it's just ok, you'll want to Resolution even without a relic. ADL you'll want Resolution. Dyna farm time you'll want Apoc. Pretty much anytime the fight only last 20-30 seconds you'll want GS unless you have mythic. Avg. dmg. 2500-5000.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-04 19:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Catastrophe also has -20000 accuracy on the "same time kill" meeble.
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-04 20:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Catastrophe also has -20000 accuracy on the "same time kill" meeble.
Really? I never experienced that one. I always get hit by the quad hit, and crit rate 100% when you want to leave the mob at low hp, but not kill it.
By Guitarman 2013-03-05 00:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Agreeing on entropy and cata being really close damage-wise. More often than not im using entropy just for something different to look at lately.

Fenrir.Calamity said: »

I recently had to make the call to drop entropy in favor of another WS for another job, and I really haven't noticed any real negative impact to my dps. In fact, the occasional self darknesses can be quite a nice little bonus surprise when they happen.

This is the biggest problem with entropy; it just isn't a game-changing WS for the weapon like shoha is for GKT or ruinator for axe, etc. We have refresh gear available to us, and aspir 2 is going to drop your dps, sure, but it's there. Until SE relents and gives us more merit slots entropy just isn't worth the merits with Apocalypse at 99.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-05 09:19:00
Link | Citer | R

I now understand why lot of Apoc just dont perform well at all lol

Dont tell me u dont see the difference between Entropy and Cata when u have Souleater on, cause if u dont, u doin somethign wrong.
Unless u fighting something really weak and u cap attack very easy.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-03-05 09:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
catastrophe

"so that's why my macros won't work..."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-05 09:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Dont tell me u dont see the difference between Entropy and Cata when u have Souleater on, cause if u dont, u doin somethign wrong.

Yeah but for the next 4 hits after entropy your souleater is going to leech reduced damage based on the HP you lost doing souleater. I usually go back and forth between cata & entropy when souleater is up, but the difference in results of between having entropy and not having entropy (other than mp drain) isn't as drastic as some other ws are for other jobs. The situations where entropy is going to pull ahead are the situations you would be wearing your GS anyhow.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 12:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I'm doing it wrong so I'm gonna test it in a different way and see the results.

P.S.: I know that on most contents Entropy averages higher than cata, parses and math show it. But, I wouldn't be 100% affirmative about the "always beats cata" part until I'm done testing it again.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-05 12:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Anyone can see the big jump in damage with souleater. But as was pointed out before, if you're using apoc, it should mean that survival is your emphasis, if damage is your emphasis, you are using a GS or you're doing it wrong.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 12:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Ok tested it again with more acc. Cata performs twice to 4 times better when souleater is down. Entropy matches cata under souleater.
That's on evasive NM (Arch Omega).

P.S. : no brd for mads.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-05 12:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Ok tested it again with more acc. Cata performs twice to 4 times better when souleater is down. Entropy matches cata under souleater.
That's on evasive NM (Arch Omega).

P.S. : no brd for mads.
Twice to 4 times? Even on a high evasion mob that seems excessive. I've never seen close to that kind of variance before. What were the specifics that led to this result?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 12:57:44
Link | Citer | R

I still don't have twilight mail, so maybe that would improve the result but cata : from 1500 ish to 3600 ish, entropy doesn't go beyond 700-1200 without souleater because of hits that don't land.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-05 13:04:17
Link | Citer | R

That still seems like a lot. And this is on a 5/5 entropy?
First Page 2 3