Catastrophie Question.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophie Question.
Catastrophie Question.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 13:20:12
Link | Citer | R

5/5 entropy for ages. Result should be better with mads + twilight mail.

P.S.: 3.6k is highest spike I generally top in 2.6-2.8k.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-05 13:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy should be your last issues.
My lowest acc-set for Entropy has +100 accuracy!
Apoc(40) Soil belt\gorget(20) Twilight mail(25) Bale legs+2(15, no stupid c.legs abj!)
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 14:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Should be but it is an issue on this mob apparently.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-05 14:39:34
Link | Citer | R

It's not just evasive.... Arch Omega keeps you under the effect of Flash for a majority of the time you're swinging. Wish my *** flash lasted that long >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-05 15:38:55
Link | Citer | R

At least it's the only mob this evasive I can recall.
Weird thing would be SE adds only that kind of evasive NMs in new content.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-03-09 17:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
It's not just evasive.... Arch Omega keeps you under the effect of Flash for a majority of the time you're swinging. Wish my *** flash lasted that long >.>

A mithra's flash, or a galka's flash should last that long for opposite reasons. Elvaan of either gender have nothing to flash with.

TT flash should send the mob to gm jail.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-09 21:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

A mithra's/hume female's flash, or a galka's/hume male's flash should last that long for opposite reasons. Elvaan of either gender have nothing to flash with.

TT flash should send the mob to gm jail.
ftfy
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-09 21:54:09
Link | Citer | R

so cata's awesome compared to entropy, but only if your mages can't afford sacrifice/erase, you don't use buffs, and you're fighting that one specific mob
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-10 01:45:06
Link | Citer | R

If you want yes. But most DRKs that know how to play the job will use cata anyway.

Edit : what makes entropy suck on this NM is not flash or stats down but the simple fact that it is evasive.
By Armangetto 2013-03-29 17:47:31
Link | Citer | R

With the new expansion out, I was wondering if either of these two new gear pieces would replace Dilaram's Sollerets for Catastrophe?

Dilaram's Sollerets
STR +8 DEX +8 VIT +8 AGI,+8, Attack + 16 Critical hit rate -8%
VS
Karieyh Sollerets
STR+11 DEX+11 VIT+11 Accuracy +10 Attack+10 Store TP+5

Chocaliztli boots
HP+40 MP+40 STR+12 AGI+12 Accuracy+10 Haste+4%

I want to say it would be close between Dilarams and Karieyh Sollerets, only difference would be 4 attack and the 8 AGI. The 5 stp could help out in x hit builds? Chocaliztli boots look promising but they lack attack. Just curious if anyone could crunch some numbers to see if either one would replace Dilaram's Sollerets.

Also would Karieyh brayette (DEF:52 MP+65 STR+16 VIT+16 Attack+20)
beat Ogier's breeches for Catastrophe?
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-29 20:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Target Qilin
high buff
Dilaram's: 2,028
Choca: 2,036
Karieyh: 2,004

low buff
Dilaram's: 2,003
Choca: 1,981
Karieyh: 1,976
-----------------
high buff
Ogier's breeches:2,028
Karieyh brayette:2,007

low buff
Ogier's breeches:1,741
Karieyh brayette:1,760
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Narok
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: narok
By Quetzalcoatl.Narok 2013-03-31 03:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Karieyh Sollerets because *** Pil
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-01 11:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Narok said: »

bad troll bad

while situationaly the new pieces come close, over all its better keep the current setups, though if new gear keeps on the augment trend, the choca boots have extremely high potential

also if you go hard on drk youre probably short on inventory, the legs arent worth using unless youre acc capped on gsword and even then QQ inventory space

got the feet for reso already, dont hesitate there
[+]
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2013-04-01 13:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Just an update

Dynamis Scythe

62/62 bills
29/70 shells

Still missing atesttion
 Lakshmi.Odude
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2013-04-01 23:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Stalkster said: »
Target Qilin
high buff
Dilaram's: 2,028
Choca: 2,036
Karieyh: 2,004

low buff
Dilaram's: 2,003
Choca: 1,981
Karieyh: 1,976
-----------------
high buff
Ogier's breeches:2,028
Karieyh brayette:2,007

low buff
Ogier's breeches:1,741
Karieyh brayette:1,760
Thanks for posting these numbers. I was in the process of farming the points to pick them up, but wasn't sure if Dilaram's were still the better option.

Are they worth the inventory space for Resolution? Are they a big enough jump to make them worth carrying. I think at present I'm at like 78 of 80 on inventory, and I'd rather not carry it around if I don't have to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Narok
By Quetzalcoatl.Narok 2013-04-02 00:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

bad troll bad

while situationaly the new pieces come close, over all its better keep the current setups, though if new gear keeps on the augment trend, the choca boots have extremely high potential

also if you go hard on drk youre probably short on inventory, the legs arent worth using unless youre acc capped on gsword and even then QQ inventory space

Nah was just saying Karieyh Sollerets because they are so close you could waste a ton of time/stones trying to get feet that are marginally better not to mention they have 11 more accuracy which would help for higher evasion mobs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-02 10:02:53
Link | Citer | R

cata is a single hit ws meaning it gets an acc bonus, ontop of being on a relic that acc wont do ***vs losing the 8 agi for mods, at most the stp may be be useful, but not by alot with current options

that being said.....
get them for resolution!
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-04-02 23:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

bad troll bad

Nah was just saying Karieyh Sollerets because they are so close you could waste a ton of time/stones trying to get feet that are marginally better not to mention they have 11 more accuracy which would help for higher evasion mobs.
Bale Sollerets +2 > Karieyh Sollerets assuming where still talking about cata in a cata thread.
 Quetzalcoatl.Narok
By Quetzalcoatl.Narok 2013-04-03 00:16:31
Link | Citer | R

I honestly forgot cata had agi as a mod, but either way, I notice that sometimes I only get back 99% TP after my 5 hit for some reason. Not sure if I'm missing a hit or something on cata so I would rather get the extra 5 TP to ensure I keep a 5 hit.

edit. I'm getting 20.7 TP/aftermath and 17.3 TP return with cata, I guess it's pointless though if I get 0 TP return from cata it wouldn't really matter. With all that being said I don't have 99 apoc yet and I like to use Entropy with SE up, so I'd rather only have 1 pair of feet than 2.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-03 10:26:05
Link | Citer | R

id like to see the math for entropy of the new feet vs af3, cant do it from where i am atm
 Quetzalcoatl.Narok
By Quetzalcoatl.Narok 2013-04-04 01:33:46
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 are probably still better but I'm just trying to find a reason not to spam Pil.
 Siren.Satsui
Serveur: Siren
user: Satsui
By Siren.Satsui 2013-04-16 17:12:36
Link | Citer | R

If you get Apocalypse. It needs to be 99 to compete with other well geared DDs.

Entropy isn't a must with 99 Apoc. On the other hand if you want to attempt to post Resolution numbers. 5/5 Entropy and Souleater can post beefy numbers.

I spend more time spamming Cata. It doesn't seem like a lot of damage but with the right buffs it is very consistent and can be what i like to call "Sneaky Damage". With the right builds you can be in the top 3 DDs on parse no problem. Especially on mobs who love to spam AoE TP moves.

Note: Seem to Average 2500~3500 damage with Catastrophe. 3200+ is usually with a rare Double Attack.
 Bismarck.Shirt
Serveur: Bismarck
user: wik1
By Bismarck.Shirt 2013-04-20 05:35:34
Link | Citer | R

What if you used Karieyh Sollerets with the stp+5 to swap out Rajas with AGI or INT+7 ring? Assuming you needed that +5 stp to keep x-hit.
 Asura.Jem
Serveur: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-04-20 05:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Shirt said: »
What if you used Karieyh Sollerets with the stp+5 to swap out Rajas with AGI or INT+7 ring? Assuming you needed that +5 stp to keep x-hit.

Icesoul (INT) has -3 STR on. Stormsoul (AGI) has -3 INT on. You would have to drop down to the +6 stat rings. (Although it doesn't make much difference imo, result is still the same)

Kari + Stat Ring = 11 STR, 6 AGI (or INT), 11 DEX, 10 Attack, 10 Acc
Dila's + Rajas = 13 STR, 8 AGI, 13 DEX, 16 Attack
AF3+2 + Rajas = 14 STR, 9 INT, 5 DEX

It's basically only worthwhile if you need the Acc for some reason and there's probably not many situations that's gonna happen.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-04-20 06:08:50
Link | Citer | R

you can get 3 int on a diamond ring
 Asura.Jem
Serveur: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-04-20 06:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Good point, I forgot about that.

You can also get a Diamond Ring from the Tenshodo coffer (Ebon Key) with INT +1, AGI +3 augment which would be marginally better than an INT +7 ring (INT +5, AGI +3 total). Or a Ruby Ring with STR +1, INT +3 (5 STR, 3 INT total).

Like I said in the first reply though, it doesn't make a difference. Which I'm kinda glad about as getting the perfect augment on one of those Tenshodo rings could be hellish (The INT one also has -STR as an option for extra fffffuuuuu)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Greezy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-06-01 23:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Solrain said: »
It's really rough to give a solid average, considering how much variance there is in content these days. Optimal gear set should look something like this:

ItemSet 226691

Mekira-oto +1 is better on WS bonus days and most of us use Soil gorget/belt just to save space with other WSs. Other small things like Fracas Grenade being better with LR up on most targets, Rajas Ring being swapped out for Pyrosoul/Strigoi depending on your STP needs, grip depending on STP etc.

99 Apoc Catastrophe is usually worth using full-time over Entropy, save if you need to fill your MP in an emergency.

There are many Apoc haters around, but it is still a solid weapon and definitely worth taking to 99. Yes, great sword is better in many situations but 99 Apoc is an amazing weapon that any serious DRK should have in their arsenal. Pre-congratulations on your Apocalypse!

Small personal FFXI life lesson: Never sell gear to finish a relic faster. It's most likely never going to be worth it in the long run.

How would Ares' Sollerets +1 do versus the Dilaram's Sollerets for Catastrophe?
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-06-01 23:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Dilarams win, 8 str > 1 attack.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-02 03:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Greezy said: »
It's really rough to give a solid average, considering how much variance there is in content these days. Optimal gear set should look something like this:

ItemSet 226691

Mekira-oto +1 is better on WS bonus days and most of us use Soil gorget/belt just to save space with other WSs. Other small things like Fracas Grenade being better with LR up on most targets, Rajas Ring being swapped out for Pyrosoul/Strigoi depending on your STP needs, grip depending on STP etc.

99 Apoc Catastrophe is usually worth using full-time over Entropy, save if you need to fill your MP in an emergency.

There are many Apoc haters around, but it is still a solid weapon and definitely worth taking to 99. Yes, great sword is better in many situations but 99 Apoc is an amazing weapon that any serious DRK should have in their arsenal. Pre-congratulations on your Apocalypse!

Small personal FFXI life lesson: Never sell gear to finish a relic faster. It's most likely never going to be worth it in the long run.

Dilaram's are ahead yeah, but ares +1 feet are still a great tp option even over phorcys schuhs.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-03 10:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Bismarck.Greezy said: »

ItemSet 226691

Dilaram's are ahead yeah, but ares +1 feet are still a great tp option even over phorcys schuhs.
with the current gs > scythe theme of the game i disagree with ares feet vs phorcys due to the likely fact that if youre using apoc youre likely tanking and theres some nice bonuses to phorcys schuhs that benefit what apoc is made for

if you want to do more dmg, use a great sword

my opinion ofcourse