Catastrophie Question.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophie Question.
Catastrophie Question.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-03 10:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Phorcys is 3da, Ares' is 2da.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-04 12:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Phorcys is 3da, Ares' is 2da.

In the tp set I used Ares +1 feet was winning over phorcys but I guess that with Quaupili helm things are different.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-04 12:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Bismarck.Greezy said: »
Solrain said: »
It's really rough to give a solid average, considering how much variance there is in content these days. Optimal gear set should look something like this:

ItemSet 226691

Mekira-oto +1 is better on WS bonus days and most of us use Soil gorget/belt just to save space with other WSs. Other small things like Fracas Grenade being better with LR up on most targets, Rajas Ring being swapped out for Pyrosoul/Strigoi depending on your STP needs, grip depending on STP etc.

99 Apoc Catastrophe is usually worth using full-time over Entropy, save if you need to fill your MP in an emergency.

There are many Apoc haters around, but it is still a solid weapon and definitely worth taking to 99. Yes, great sword is better in many situations but 99 Apoc is an amazing weapon that any serious DRK should have in their arsenal. Pre-congratulations on your Apocalypse!

Small personal FFXI life lesson: Never sell gear to finish a relic faster. It's most likely never going to be worth it in the long run.

How would Ares' Sollerets +1 do versus the Dilaram's Sollerets for Catastrophe?

Dilaram's are ahead yeah, but ares +1 feet are still a great tp option even over phorcys schuhs.
with the current gs > scythe theme of the game i disagree with ares feet vs phorcys due to the likely fact that if youre using apoc youre likely tanking and theres some nice bonuses to phorcys schuhs that benefit what apoc is made for

if you want to do more dmg, use a great sword

my opinion ofcourse

No doubt GS will provide more dmg, but since Apoc still has an utility we can still debate about how to gear around this weapon.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-04 13:03:21
Link | Citer | R

utility being things where youre likely to tank/get hit a lot generally speaking, making the -pdt and Enemy TP accumulation -10% a very generous bonus
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-04 13:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
utility being things where youre likely to tank/get hit a lot generally speaking, making the -pdt and Enemy TP accumulation -10% a very generous bonus

Yes that's why i'm using them :p