Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-10-23 11:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
I think so. It was more, everyone uses PD because throwing PD at everything works. There is no denying that. Whether or not people should, meh, that's for another thread. I mean, as you said... If you can get a win and success, that's chiefly what these events are for.

But my original point was to refute Ina's claim that people would try and find a PD free strategy. That I just do not agree with, not when PD will still work for 60 seconds if used by a high skill summoner... Although, on that point, is it even possible to get to 600 skill?

Hard cap is somewhere around 530ish. And reduced duration PD is still PD, so you're totally right, there's no reason to branch out.

The end result of this will be a lot more people botting up SMN skill.
By Aeyela 2012-10-23 11:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Hard cap is somewhere around 530ish. And reduced duration PD is still PD, so you're totally right, there's no reason to branch out.

The end result of this will be a lot more people botting up SMN skill.

Which means Perfect Defense will make a comeback in approximately 2014 at the rate Summoning magic skills up from summoning. =(
[+]
 Odin.Registry
Serveur: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 11:05:45
Link | Citer | R

The PD nerf isn't that big of a deal, anything that actually *needs* it (low-man ADL, low-ish man Legion kinda sorta) dies 50 seconds after PD was used or you're *** anyway.

The fact that they completely killed embrava sort of sucks, though.

ANYWAY D: when's the update to apply these changes!?
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-10-23 11:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully the Summoning skill up rate change* will be quick to follow. :)
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-10-23 11:06:20
Link | Citer | R

It's not even on the test server yet, so it's at least a month out I'd assume.
By Aeyela 2012-10-23 11:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
Hopefully the Summoning skill up rate change* will be quick to follow. :)

Your avatar just looks scrumptious!
 Ragnarok.Chocobeau
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Chocobeau
By Ragnarok.Chocobeau 2012-10-23 11:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
It's not even on the test server yet, so it's at least a month out I'd assume.

gogo Neo-Nyzul spam
[+]
 Asura.Draus
Serveur: Asura
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2012-10-23 11:09:21
Link | Citer | R

The PD change makes total sense.

As it works now, Alexander is as effective with a Summoning skill of 0 as it is with a Summoning skill of 500. This is very broken. It means summoners that have played summoner for years are having to compete with flavour of the month summoners who burnt theirs to 99 ASAP for PD and FFXIAH achievement points. With the change, those with a high summoning magic skill and those who take pride in their jobs will be highly sought after.

I for one am happy about this. My summoning is 498 with gear, because I actually give a ***about the job. Another two levels and my perfect defense will last 55 seconds. This means I'm much more likely to get invited to groups doing Legion than somebody who burnt theirs to 99 in a day and never touch it again, except to *** Alexander out to alliances.

I know I'm going to get trolled for this post, but ha *** ha. Take some pride in your damn jobs, people, and this 'nerf' wouldn't be an issue whatsoever. Kudos to the FFXI team for actually putting some emphasis on caring for your jobs. Summoner 99 with <100 Summoning skill is exactly the same as Perle BSTs.

I'm with you 110% lazy people are whats killed the game
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-23 11:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Can ADL be killed with these changes? Provenace Watcher? if so link me the videos I like to see em just shaking my head....
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 11:14:17
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
Can ADL be killed with these changes? Provenace Watcher? if so link me the videos I like to see em just shaking my head....

ADL should die in under 50 seconds after PD is used, even with just 4 sub-par DDs.

Doesn't really change Provenance all that much, DDs just need to not suck as much and you may have to throw up a single march (I didn't completely read everything, they said the hard cap on 'brava haste was 25% post-nerf?).

Nyzul for most people that aren't already finished with gear just got completely killed, though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-10-23 11:19:05
Link | Citer | R

PD decays from the moment you use it, it won't have full effect for the whole 50 second duration.
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 11:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Should still have enough of an effect that you won't instantly die. Embrava's Regen was untouched, no?
By Aeyela 2012-10-23 11:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
PD decays from the moment you use it, it won't have full effect for the whole 50 second duration.

Pretty sure it's halfway through that the damage reduction starts to weaken, at 45 seconds.
 Shiva.Damonz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-10-23 11:23:06
Link | Citer | R

NNI will still be doable, just brd to stand at pole, sch and 4 top DD, march x2/haste still caps haste, regen5 will still keep your DDs alive as long as they aren't ***. and then embrava for boss floor along with SV min x2 will make boss die even faster. the only thing you're losing is the regain, and that could be overcome by taking a top notch cor as a DD and using tact roll.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-23 11:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Not very happy at the moment its basically now content only for the geared out the *** folks and the common man will suck it. Well its the lazy common man that pays the bills and SE may feel that after these changes in the wallet soon a few have already quit after blinker gate I wonder how many more will. It's not like back in the day we didn't have many options today we have way to many.....

I think my LS now consist of more account mules than real players.....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-23 11:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Neither change is a big deal at all.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-23 11:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Brds need to start working on their empy harps... like asap.
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2012-10-23 11:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Not like you can't hold Tabula rasa with Magian specs or anything... You just need to recast it every 3mins or so
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-23 11:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
For you maybe
It's not at all. SMN is barely changed, and SCH will still be used in legion to stun since only Embrava's duration got cut, not Tabula Rasa. The biggest change is an extra BRD will be required for marches.
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-23 11:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Not like you can't hold Tabula rasa with Magian specs or anything... You just need to recast it every 3mins or so
Specs don't work.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-23 11:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is going to make PD free strategies because PD strategies work.

Then I guess you have absolutely no idea that all of the best legion strategies at the moment involve little to no PD use.

The main issue here is not the PD nerf at all, it is embrava. People will continue to use their smn mules over inviting "real" smns -- they'll just have to bot up their skill now, just like so many people did with their SCHs and enhancing. Besides, the most useful part about PD atm is the immunity to nearly all debuffs, so I'm not too worked up over the potential losses in -DT.
 Phoenix.Valory
Serveur: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-23 11:43:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly certain this nerf to Embrava will drop the overall damage output of a legion alliance by more than 10%. Much, much, more.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-23 11:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Suddenly two bards needed :|
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-10-23 11:45:04
Link | Citer | R

bloowrii said: »
*Nyzul Isle
**The required number of astraria to replace with the next higher floor equipment will be reduced from 25 to 5. The number in possession will be divided by 5 and rounded down. The premise that floor 100 will only be reached through a combination of great skill and luck does not change. Since the reliance on the effect of Embrava will be reduced, we will relieve this by reducing the number of required astraria for floors below.

I can't stop laughing at the reduction in the astraria requirement as a solution to having crippled the chances of getting to floor 100 aside from extremely lucky jumps.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-23 11:46:20
Link | Citer | R

I was worried about the Embrava changes because my group is having trouble getting our first clear as it is...but I mean, damn. Only 5 times floor 80, if I read that properly. Awesome lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-23 11:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Is that saying that everyone's current astraria will be divided by 5 and rounded down? Just making sure lol.

Edit: Since we're losing the Regain it seems like throwing a BRD in there for double march whenever Embrava is down and Minuets whenever Embrava is up is making a lot of sense.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12