Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-25 14:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Or doesn't want to admit he screwed up.

I know i didnt though unless it was an issue at the start i was quite careful on picking which option though we were only trying it out as an ls laugh around when it was released.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-25 15:08:00
Link | Citer | R

the only way to jump one floor when it was released was to select the option to jump 1 floor. You didnt select ??? and jump one floor. Lets move on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2012-10-25 16:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-24-2012 01:18 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

Next, keep in mind that these adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava were made with the idea that all special abilities’ cool down timers will be shortened. With that said, during this week’s Test Server update we are also planning on making adjustments so that the cool down timer on current and new special abilities will be halved. (We are also planning to make it possible to cut this time even further via equipment and merit points.)

We understand that these adjustments will change the usage of these abilities and may cause inconvenience to some, and we apologize for this. We would like to proceed with these adjustments carefully, so we will be looking closely at the feedback we receive. Also, we realize that there are a good amount of people who oppose these changes, but we would appreciate it if you could post specific feedback about what would be the preferred method for going about these changes.
Subscribe

He states that the abilities are being adjusted because of the drop in timers. Now, i'll admit, these are powerful game changing abilities, as 2hr abilities are SUPPOSED to be. The issue i take with what he said is the fact that we already use embrava every 30min while doing neo nyzul. The number of ways to recover your 2hr are so numerous that i thought i'd list the ones that come to mind off the top of my head, just to make a point
--ballista revitalizer
--limbus restore chest
--besieged revitalizers
--moblin maze mongers revitalizer
--abyssea revitalizers (just kill resheph in 30 sec for a new one)
--abyssea restore chests
--meebles has restore chests (not positive if these restore 2hrs)
--corsairs 2hr ability 'wild card'

To say that it's being balanced for use on a shorter timer is a load of steaming... Now, these two abilities are maybe a little overpowered compared to other job abilities. The solution in my opinion isn't to nerf these abilities, it should be to increase the effect of the other 2hr abilities to match the potency. Lets examine invincible for a second. The duration is already only 30 seconds, and it doesn't protect you against magic. Perfect dodge suffers from a similar problem. The devs should be looking into magic protection for these abilities, and timer extensions. Most of the 2hr abilities are lackluster for their timer and simply not worth using.

A second issue that should be addressed with the devs is the fact that they complain about the reliance on temp items in vw fights, and the reliance on perfect defense and embrava in abilities like endgame monsters who are specifically designed to be able to oneshot all the melee multiple times. I'm not bitching about easier content, BUT getting lucky about not getting order lamps, and getting good jumps does NOT equate to skill. HNMs like the old days actually had some strategy to them. You didn't stand in front of a wyrm, you don't attack from behind a wyrm, everyone stands on the front claws, etc etc. Now with provenance watcher, everyone pops a fanatics and goes face to face, ripping it a new one. If you forego the fanatics, you'll eat 2-3 of it's 800-900 damage tp moves and go down quickly.

When you're designing an MMO, you have to think about what the player base is doing and play off of that. If you fight the player base, it's just going to result in people not being happy with the game anymore.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 16:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, and adding on to the SP adjustments... There is some types of balance that must be used carefully. You can't half the recast of something and half the potency as well, it isn't as simple as just "Effect" vs Recast. So much more goes in to it than that. Players don't sit there staring at their 2hr waiting for the recast to be up so they can use it again. It's usually reserved for terrible situations because it can save you or makes an event successful. They need to have a use that befits a long recast.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-25 17:04:41
Link | Citer | R

I can't remember the last time i used several of my 2hr. Some jobs are defined by them. The main reason to invite smn, sch, rdm, etc is their 2hr. Balance the content and jobs, then adjust existing spells/abilities, then add new stuff. Half of them are either a one trick poney or nearly useless.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-10-25 17:32:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what all the fuss over nyzul is about. Did they not say they were reducing the # of astrariums from 25 to 5? That would mean you only need to clear floor 80 five times correct? I finished nyzul awhile ago, but honestly this seems easier than before. You're pretty much guaranteed a piece of 100 armor every 5-6 (leaving room for one unlucky one) runs. If 100 is really that difficult to reach then just set the stopper at 80. If you can't make 80 consistently, with or without embrava, then something is wrong with your setup.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-10-25 21:20:12
Link | Citer | R

The only thing I'm disappointed at by this is that SE thinks the mob's HP is why PD/Em was so widely used. Nevermind the unnecessarily small time limits, the immunity to any kind of enfeeble, and the 1-hit-kill-ga moves. Bit of advice SE: Adjusting the answer from the player base doesn't work if you don't fix the question being asked.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-25 21:34:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
The only thing I'm disappointed at by this is that SE thinks the mob's HP is why PD/Em was so widely used. Nevermind the unnecessarily small time limits, the immunity to any kind of enfeeble, and the 1-hit-kill-ga moves. Bit of advice SE: Adjusting the answer from the player base doesn't work if you don't fix the question being asked.

I think they understand it's not the HP but they are too lazy to actually do a good job and fix it. Because you know... that would take work and stuff.
By Methylated 2012-10-31 16:37:00
Link | Citer | R

I feel like I have to let my 6 year old char die....
 Asura.Kalasin
Serveur: Asura
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-10-31 16:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mirvana said: »

The HP thing will in fact fix a small part of the time problem, but since Embrava is getting nerfed to some extent you will kill slower again. Overall, it should still make you kill things faster.

As for the 1-hit moves(assuming you don't mean throat stab like ones, and KO ones since that's technically not 1-hits), they really aren't 1-hit moves if you know how to play around in your PDT/hybrid/whatever sets. Alot of people do Legion as it is now just fine without anyone dying, so I don't see the huge problem there. Just replace Embrava with Regen5, add 2 Marches and you will have close to the same result as the mobs HP will be lowered.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12