A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 99 100 101
By Lilmartio 2017-01-27 20:17:38
Link | Citer | R

I use script macros for SCs, so here they are. If you don't use scripts then just take out the "input" and add the wait in one line (/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 1>)
Fusion
input /ja "Immanence" <me>
wait 1
input /magic "Fire" <t>
input /p Fusion Opened on <t>
wait 4
wait 1
input /magic "Thunder" <t>
input /p Fusion Closing on <t>

Distortion
wait 1
input /magic "Luminohelix" <t>
input /p Distorion Opened on <t>
wait 5
wait 1
input /magic "Stone" <t>
input /p Distorion Closing on <t>

Fragmentation
wait 1
input /magic "Blizzard" <t>
input /p Fragmentation Opened on <t>
wait 4
wait 1
input /magic "Water" <t>
input /p Fragmentation Closing on <t>

Scission
wait 1
input /magic "Aero" <t>
input /p Scission Opened on <t>
wait 4
wait 1
input /magic "Stone" <t>
input /p Scission Closing on <t>

Gravitation
wait 1
input /magic "Aero" <t>
input /p Gravitation Opened on <t>
wait 4
wait 1
input /magic "Noctohelix" <t>
input /p Gravitation Closing on <t>
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-01-27 21:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Thanks man!
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-27 21:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Most people jam the entire skillchain into 1 macro with complex timings, but for me I prefer to break it up into two separate macros.

Sometimes lag screws up the whole thing, or you forgot to pop dark arts, or you're out of books... and you can catch it after the first spell, and you won't look as silly as when the second half of your macro tries to trigger.

Other reason is there are times you either want to open or close for another player or trust, so it's nice to be able to trigger both parts of the SC separately.

Lastly, there are times when you want to alter the timing between the spells on the fly... maybe you're doing Tabula Rasa for an Astral Conduit zerg, or you need to wait an extra second for recasts or timings. In those times, I like to be able to control the timing more fluidly.

Code Opening Macro
/p ★《 Fusion 》★ ① Fire → ② Thunder <call14>
/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 1>
/ma "Fire" <t>
/recast "Immanence"

Code Closing Macro
/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 1>
/ma "Thunder" <t>
/recast "Immanence"

If you're looking for which spells you should use to create SC's, here's a quick rundown:

Quote:
Level 1 Chains

Thunder > Fire = Liquefaction (Fire)
Stone > Fire = Liquefaction (Fire)

Water > Thunder = Impaction (Thunder)
Ice > Thunder = Impaction (Thunder)

Thunder > Wind = Detonation (Wind)
Stone > Wind = Detonation (Wind)
Dark > Wind = Detonation (Wind)

Fire > Stone = Scission (Stone)
Wind > Stone = Scission (Stone)

Stone > Water = Reverberation (Water)
Light > Water = Reverberation (Water)

Water > Ice = Induration (Ice)

Ice > Dark = Compression (Dark)
Light > Dark = Compression (Dark)

Dark > Light = Transfixion (Light)

Level 2 Skillchains

Fire > Thunder = Fusion (Light/Fire)

Ice > Water = Fragmentation (Wind/Thunder)

Wind > Dark = Gravitation (Earth/Dark)

Light > Stone = Distortion (Water/Ice)

Can use any tier or helix of the given elements to create the chains.

There's no reason not to use Tier 1 spells when possible, since they cost the least MP and have the shortest cast time. Dark and Light you'll have no choice but to use Noctohelix and Luminohelix respectively -- beware, they take longer to cast/recast.
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-02-05 05:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
My LS mate did some testing on his SCH regarding -Grimmoire Spellcast time on Academic Loafers +1 and Pedagogy Mortarboard +1. We had long lasting suspicions that these items could indeed break the FastCast cap of 80% as MBing on SCH seemed easier than MBing comparable Tiers on RDM.

Casting RR3 with capped FC makes the spell go off around 20%. However using either of the above mentioned items seems to make it cast at around 13%.

We tested this on 3 different SCHs and also made sure to cap basic FC with Casters Roll.

Any further input / testing is welcome.

It was fairly hard to do this conclusively because of lag scenarios when you're taking 10% of 1-2 seconds its much harder to notice.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly - getting to 80% w/o head or shoes is the goal?

Anyway - instead of watching the % base I cooked up a quick diddy in gearswap.

First line of precast:
Code
precast_start = os.clock()

First Line of Aftercast:
Code
aftercast_start = os.clock()

And just because I didn't want to change some output i already have in aftercast or I'd have done it right at first line of aftercast.
Code
add_to_chat(8,"Spell: "..spell.name..string.format(" Casting Time: %.2f", aftercast_start - precast_start))

I had hoped this would be more static - but latency to the server is going to change that. At the time I was in Reisinjima and my latency on ICMP pings was around 170-190ms; I'm sure any jitter in that amount is where my swings were.

Anyhow with Grimoire set I was consistently lower than without. I just couldn't see it until I had a cor in party.

My FastCast:
Code
    sets.precast.FastCast = {
		main="Oranyan", -- FC 7
		sub="Clerisy Strap +1", -- FC 3
		ammo="Incantor Stone", -- FC 2
		head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Fast Cast"+6',}}, -- FC 14
		body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','"Fast Cast"+6','INT+4',}}, -- FC 12
		hands={ name="Gende. Gages +1", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -3%','Song spellcasting time -4%',}}, -- FC 7
		legs={ name="Psycloth Lappas", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+15','"Fast Cast"+7',}}, -- FC 7
		feet="Regal Pumps +1", -- FC 4 (+3 if Unity rank #1)
		neck="Voltsurge Torque", -- FC 4
		waist="Witful Belt", -- FC 3 + QC 3
		left_ear="Loquac. Earring", -- FC 2
		right_ear="Enchntr. Earring +1", -- FC 2
		left_ring="Kishar Ring", -- FC 4 
		right_ring="Weather. Ring", -- FC 5, QC 3
		back="Perimede Cape", -- QC 4
	}  -- FC +79, QC +10   (+3 assumed on unity, 72 w/o boots in equation, 58 removing head and boots.

Then added:
Code
sets.precast.Grimoire = {head="Pedagogy Mortarboard +1",feet="Acad. Loafers +2"}

Then in job_precast (toward bottom after normal equip processing but before my impact sets ;)) :
Code
if spell.type == "WhiteMagic" and (buffactive["Light Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: White"]) then 
		equip(sets.precast.Grimoire) 
	end
	if spell.type == "BlackMagic" and (buffactive["Dark Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: Black"]) then 
	end

Works quite well =)
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-02-05 06:57:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm having a really hard time trying to put Academic's Loafers +2 into a different set. can't find job_precast in a SCH lua I'm using. I also haven't figured how to add +2 Academic's Gown for enfeebling/dark/elemental for casting in dark arts
By Sammeh 2017-02-05 08:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I think MOTES makes some assumed pre-cast based on naming your gearsets correctly (I don't use his stuff completely so I'm not sure).

Regardless at minimum you can add this:
Code
function job_post_precast(spell)

if spell.type == "WhiteMagic" and (buffactive["Light Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: White"]) then 
end
if spell.type == "BlackMagic" and (buffactive["Dark Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: Black"]) then 
end

if spell.name == 'Impact' then
        equip({head=empty,body="Twilight Cloak"})
end

end
 Bahamut.Neb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-02-05 10:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I'm having a really hard time trying to put Academic's Loafers +2 into a different set. can't find job_precast in a SCH lua I'm using. I also haven't figured how to add +2 Academic's Gown for enfeebling/dark/elemental for casting in dark arts

put this in you Mote-Include at line 294 it will fix all your problems.

Code
function precast(spell)
    if state.Buff[spell.english] ~= nil then
        state.Buff[spell.english] = true
    end
    handle_actions(spell, 'precast')
	  if  player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black']) and (spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" or spell.skill == "Dark Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic") then
        equip(sets.precast.FC,{feet="Academic's Loafers +3"})
elseif player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White']) and (spell.skill == "Healing Magic" or spell.skill == "Divine Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic" or spell.skill == "Enhancing Magic") then
end
end
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-02-06 15:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Neb said: »

Code
function precast(spell)
    end
	  if  player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black']) and (spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" or spell.skill == "Dark Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic") then
elseif player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White']) and (spell.skill == "Healing Magic" or spell.skill == "Divine Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic" or spell.skill == "Enhancing Magic") then
end
end

Okay it works! I put that in for my +2 loafers and it equips in the appropriate arts. I did the same for Academic's Gown +2 for midcast to apply only to enfeebling/dark magic and that works well. Thanks alot!
 Asura.Lilchemist
By Asura.Lilchemist 2017-02-06 20:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

Code
function precast(spell)
    end
end
end

Okay it works! I put that in for my +2 loafers and it equips in the appropriate arts. I did the same for Academic's Gown +2 for midcast to apply only to enfeebling/dark magic and that works well. Thanks alot!

Ok so i added that part in the motes include file, and it deosen't seem to work for me. Was there anything i should be changing in my sch.lua as well?

thanks in advance
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-09 14:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Can someone illuminate exactly how Caper Emissarius works? There are times when I'd try to dump my PT's hate onto a BLM so they could Enmity Douse it away but at times I'll get a No Effect. I thought they just had to be on the hate list for it to work, did they also have to be on the top of the hate list too?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-11 11:20:27
Link | Citer | R

With the recent GEO fallout Tupsimati might just have gotten relevant again. It has great MACC anyway but also the option to use AM 1 for a 30~49 MACC Bonus. To easily achieve this here are my up to date Occult Acumen sets:

ItemSet 349437
ItemSet 349436

Augments:
Hands: Occult+10
Feet: Occult+10
Body: Occult+9
Back: Store TP+10

Alternatives:
Rajas Ring, Gaudryi Necklace, Haraldr's Muffler (Icestorm only), Tripudio Earring, Lissome Necklace, Chirich Ring, Welkin Crown

Bloodrain Strap would kill your TP on switching out, so use whatever fits your nuking needs.

I get these results with my sets:

Impact - 1204 TP
Thunder V - 726 TP

Which lands me at the 1900 TP I need to get a max potency AM 1 if I had 0 TP beforehand.

Other tools to be aware of:

- Parsimony will reduce the MP cost by 50% but NOT reduce the TP gained. Saves a ton on Impact.
- Dark Arts is the same and will cut 10% of the cost while Occult uses the prereduction numbers. This reduction does not stack with Parsimony.
- If you use Gearswap you can WS the enemy without engaging first. So you can avoid the chance of your carefully manufactured TP amount to get screwed by a lucky hit. Make a WS macro or use the text prompt.
- Chrysopoeia torque is useful to tick down your TP in case you are barely above 2000 TP. Most commonly used to make a max potency AM 2 out of 3000 TP.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-02-15 03:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Raitoken said: »
Friend who plays SCH is saying light arts is additive to 80% fast cast cap and caps at 80%. Another is saying its multiplicative and breaks the cap. Who is right?

I believe it's multiplicative and doesn't break the 80% cap... so neither friend is right. :)

Necro reply but is it known how exactly how arts cast time reduction multiplies? I'm wondering what the actual minimum fast cast would be to cap under arts.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-15 06:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Asura.Raitoken said: »
Friend who plays SCH is saying light arts is additive to 80% fast cast cap and caps at 80%. Another is saying its multiplicative and breaks the cap. Who is right?

I believe it's multiplicative and doesn't break the 80% cap... so neither friend is right. :)

Necro reply but is it known how exactly how arts cast time reduction multiplies? I'm wondering what the actual minimum fast cast would be to cap under arts.
Casting time = base x (1 - FC/100) x (1 - Arts/100)
So the cap is 80%, or a multiplier of 0.2.
So: 0.2 = (1 - FC/100) x (1 - Arts/100)
If you aren't using any gear bonuses for Arts, which add to the base, the base is 10%: 0.2 = (1 - FC/100) x 0.9
So, FC = [1 - (0.2 ÷ 0.9)] x 100 = 77.8 ≈ 78% FC for capped casting time while under Arts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-15 07:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
78% FC for capped casting time while under Arts.

How much would you need to overcap FC to get 80% on the wrong arts. Is that even a thing?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-15 07:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
78% FC for capped casting time while under Arts.

How much would you need to overcap FC to get 80% on the wrong arts. Is that even a thing?
I.... guess that's a thing? Like if you're nuking and decide to pass out an emergency cure... or something.
But it's exactly the same except instead of 0.9 it's 1.1 (+10% instead of -10%):
FC = [1 - (0.2 ÷ 1.1)] x 100 = 81.8 ≈ 82%
However.... I'm not certain, as I know for a fact that FC's recast is capped at -40% (e.g. 80% FC)... I believe that this is impossible as from the cap on recast, I believe FC also caps at 80%.
Though someone should test in wrong arts... just to be certain.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-09 20:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Quick reminder for SCHs coming back after a break and using their old .luas:

If you exported any magic burst gear before the recent fix, you have to change all the "Magic Burst dgm." augments in your files to "Magic Burst dmg.".
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-20 16:42:06
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 350084

Cape: 20DEX 30ACC 20ATK 10%Haste

This is my 6-hit melee set with 25% haste and good Accuracy for Omen with 402 delay. It doesn't rely on random augments. It's not a true 6 hit but I'm using low tier token WSes in StoreTP anyway. It has sped up things pretty well compared to my old Oncasuit setup.

There is another set out there that would use:
Telchine Head with Haste+Acc
Chironic Body and Hands with Melee Augs
StoreTP+10 Cape

Trading in a fair share of Accuracy for a little more Store TP
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-21 08:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Lyra pls
By Luthiene 2017-04-01 17:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Are the OPs sets up to date? A lot of the gear is from Pre Escha era.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-01 17:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Nop, pretty much a wild mix of cereal.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-06 12:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have any ACC/DT hybrid sets for straight tanking they'd be willing to share? with capped/merited staff skill I can't hit anything in my DT sets. Tych's 6hit looks like a good starting point, but solo/tanking it seems like you'd get eaten alive in this set without some form of DT.
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-04-13 09:45:46
Link | Citer | R

do they have any SCH enhancing magic sets that are updated? Im using a mix of enhancing skill + enhancing duration at the moment, it seems like the main page is lacking in the update department... :(
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-04-13 09:58:26
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 343675

Is what I use at the minute. With Empy Gloves +1 when Perp is up otherwise Telchine Gloves.

All Telchine has 8~10 enhancing duration.

Gada with 6 enhancing Duration augmented
Ammurapi shield together will be better than the staff I just don't have the shield yet.

Another stikini ring and augmenting earring Would finish the set
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-13 13:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Brennski mentioned it, heres what im using

Telchine 10/10, Gada 6/6
ItemSet 347308

Swap in Lugh's on Regen
Swap in Arbatel+1 hands if Perp is burning
Perimede is simply for inventory reduction

edit:5 Telchine at 10/10 was a couple year long battle but oh so worth it
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-20 20:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Toralin, just curious what your maximum duration on Regen V is like... 13-14min?

And anybody know if Coeus is +12 secs or +12%?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-20 21:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Seconds
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-21 09:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Enfeebling Magic body,

Academic's Gown +3 ? 50 mag acc, 24 dark arts doesnt that give 24 enfeeble skill if in DA?

im currently using Vanya Robe.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-21 09:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Toralin, just curious what your maximum duration on Regen V is like... 13-14min?

And anybody know if Coeus is +12 secs or +12%?

When I cast the SE Icon says 13 minutes, it took 20-21 seconds to tick down to 12. So I would say 13:20 on Regen5
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-04-21 09:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Mine lasts about 11 mins but I swap in Bookoworm with +10 Potency and Bolelabunga which gets me to almost 100/per tick with Perp. My personal opinion is 10% potency and 10 per on cape win over the extra couple mins.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-21 10:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
When I cast the SE Icon says 13 minutes, it took 20-21 seconds to tick down to 12. So I would say 13:20 on Regen5

LS-mate last night was asking me how it was possible that he had a 14min regen on him, so we were trying to figure out how that was. Maybe it was Regen I with the longer base duration, I dunno.

Mine lasts about 11 mins but I swap in Bookoworm with +10 Potency and Bolelabunga which gets me to almost 100/per tick with Perp. My personal opinion is 10% potency and 10 per on cape win over the extra couple mins.

Yeah, I employ a toggle, so I can control potency or duration. Both have their uses.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 99 100 101