A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-14 15:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all your useful input, especially a friend who sent me some tells.
I miscalculated some things and didn't notice how close I was to the 80% cap.
Basically with a few swaps, despite my non-best gear, I can reach the 80% cap even without using Incantor's.

So, as a result, I'm going to precast with Impatiens ;)
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-02 04:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Do the following pieces have any decent use or canI just toss/store?

AF hands
AF feet
Relic head
Relic hands(seems nice for cures but inventory is tight and i use tamaxchi/heka body/weatherspoon hands to cap cure potency anyway to save space)
Buremte Hat(even with mdmg aug, still inferior to hagondes with ~20 or more MAB on every nuke/helix)
Umbani Boots(i have hagondes with mab+28)
The jse staff from oboro for regen(assuming bolelabunga's +10-% potency is better than duration?)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-02 05:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Are you asking if you dont need pedagogy mortaboard (relic head) and academic loafers (af feet)?

Idk. Personally i use both to hit the stun recast cap with marches and minuet (9 secs), and those 9 secs are enough to keep 95% of mega boss delve stun locked aside some fast casting magic. I guess if you use alacrity, pedagogy loafers and nahtirah hat can be better. Still i would use both for spells you dont use stratagems, as both combined are -19% cast recast time, a stupid amount if you consider others fast cast gears.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-02 06:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Umbani Boots >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Hagondes.
20MAB and 10Mdmg v 28MAB
Yeah. No contest.
Not to mention more intelligence. (Assumed from lack of +1 statement and the fact that most people don't upgrade their Hagondes after getting "perfect" augments. So congrats on putting the Gil/time into turning a SMN shoe into a BLM one.../shade)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-02 07:17:01
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Umbani Boots >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Hagondes.
20MAB and 10Mdmg v 28MAB
Yeah. No contest.
Not to mention more intelligence. (Assumed from lack of +1 statement and the fact that most people don't upgrade their Hagondes after getting "perfect" augments. So congrats on putting the Gil/time into turning a SMN shoe into a BLM one.../shade)

Aside the INT part, i think that hagondes and the umbani are too close (if not, prob mab>magdmg) to determine what piece is best.

I would try the magic calculator, but i can see (aside int part) a hagondes 28 mab beating umbani for high tier nukes and am, just not sure if it will beat for t1 and t2, but i think it will.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-02 11:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Good looks on the Umbani. Well I think they're still best for Sanguine for BLU. Will Umbani's stat vomit win over Klimaform+Savant Loafers+2's +10% damage?
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-02 22:08:49
Link | Citer | R

AF hands: I think this is only in my Impact macro for the conserve MP since I generally do enhancing with empy+2.
AF feet: generally not needed if you have relic reforge or the unity FC feet.
Relic head: Grimoire: x caps at 25% including the 10% from arts w/o gear, minor use. go ahead and store too.
Relic hands: this piece is for that little extra HP from cures. I'd generally keep this one with me, but to each their own.
The jse staff from oboro for regen: buyer's remorse. /toss

Hagondes+1 vs Umbani boots:
I don't know what you use in the other slots, I made the rest up. if you're using tupsimati, umbani pulls further ahead.

After this SC I tried INT grip & ammo for high tier nukes but that didn't make hagondes feet pull ahead any.
Also realized after that I still had otomi hands on there, I should have used INT+11 instead of 3. (umbani pulled further ahead with both having INT+11)
I went through a whole bunch of other targets, but umbani pulled ahead in every case.

"Will Umbani's stat vomit win over Klimaform+Savant Loafers+2's +10% damage?" Yes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-02 22:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Sweet, so I can store Savant's Loafers+2 until they decide to reforge?

Also I'm using Kinematics' SCH lua but it doesn't have any code for stun w/ and w/o alacrity, its just a single set. Not sure how easy/difficult it is to simply put a rule there for alacrity up/down but can anyone either give me a code(if its simple), or if its really deeply intertwined, just link me to your lua, and I'll use it instead of Kinematics'.

-Edit- Actually as I'm filling in my gear for Kinematics' SCH Lua, I'm noticing a lot of things I usually like in other luas are not there. For example he has elementalobi in nuke set but I want to have a base nuke set without weather, and I want it to auto-detect when weather is up and then use Obi. In other words I want to put Yamabuki-no-obi as a base nuke waist piece but if I have fire weather on, there should be code to detect that and to use Karin Obi if in my inventory. Kinematics' SCH lua doesn't have that but does anyone have a lua with the stuff I mentioned above(alacrity up/down stun sets?
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-02 23:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Sweet, so I can store Savant's Loafers+2 until they decide to reforge?

Also I'm using Kinematics' SCH lua but it doesn't have any code for stun w/ and w/o alacrity, its just a single set. Not sure how easy/difficult it is to simply put a rule there for alacrity up/down but can anyone either give me a code(if its simple), or if its really deeply intertwined, just link me to your lua, and I'll use it instead of Kinematics'.

-Edit- Actually as I'm filling in my gear for Kinematics' SCH Lua, I'm noticing a lot of things I usually like in other luas are not there. For example he has elementalobi in nuke set but I want to have a base nuke set without weather, and I want it to auto-detect when weather is up and then use Obi. In other words I want to put Yamabuki-no-obi as a base nuke waist piece but if I have fire weather on, there should be code to detect that and to use Karin Obi if in my inventory. Kinematics' SCH lua doesn't have that but does anyone have a lua with the stuff I mentioned above(alacrity up/down stun sets?

It has alacrity set it just overrides the usual midcast feet. Its under engaged sets.
Code
sets.buff['Alacrity'] = {feet="Pedagogy Loafers"}

You set your non elemental obi waist in the globals, i recommend making a Globals file with your name with the contents of his global file. It does auto detect day and weather, but i don't think it checks if the obi is in inventory.
Code
gear.default.obi_waist = "Yamabuki-no-Obi"
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-02 23:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
It has alacrity set it just overrides the usual midcast feet. Its under engaged sets.

What I meant was, there's more gear difference besides just feet for stun up/down on the front page. If I put all of that stun+alacrity gear in the alacrity set under the engaged sets, then when i cast sleep or impact with alacrity up, its gonna put stun related stuff on.

For example stun w/ alacrity down has like relic head and AF feet, different waist, etc. If I put those in the sets.buff['Alacrity'] set, then all spells cast with Alacrity will equip that stuff,no?
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-02 23:23:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't use Mote, so forgive me if this is incorrect, but from a quick skim and not actually testing to make sure I'm right, this is how I believe it works:

You have "gear.default.obi_waist" within the job file, which you should set to your nuking Obi where applicable(it looks like he reassigns it when necessary within the job_cast sections based on if you're healing/nuking/etc, at least from looking at my friends WHM copy).

Edit: On second thought, don't mess with the gear table in Include, just do the default.

As for stunning, I'd set your main Stun set to be with Alacrity down, then make a new set named however you want for Alacrity up. There should be "function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)" somewhere in your job file to which you can add:
Code
if spell.english == 'Stun' and buffactive['Alacrity'] then
   equip(sets.WhateverYouNamedYourAlacritySet)
end

And it should do what you're looking for without messing up anything else he's implemented. Forgive me if anyone looking over this knows anything I've said to be incorrect, again, I'm not a Mote user.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-02 23:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Relic head: Grimoire: x caps at 25% including the 10% from arts w/o gear, minor use. go ahead and store too.

Well... Grimoire spellcasting reduction counts for the full amount of -10% while Fastcast will only count for half. So it beats out Nahtira head easily on things you want a low recast on.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-03 00:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Idk why main page shows burmete hat for helix. My +20 mab hagodes hat(which is really +33 counting base mab) beats an aug'd +4 mdmg buremte hat by like 140 damage on helices.
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-03 09:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Idk why main page shows burmete hat for helix. My +20 mab hagodes hat(which is really +33 counting base mab) beats an aug'd +4 mdmg buremte hat by like 140 damage on helices.
What you talking about willis? buremte isn't in the helix set.

quickly changes the set to include hag.+1.

Quote:
Well... Grimoire spellcasting reduction counts for the full amount of -10% while Fastcast will only count for half. So it beats out Nahtira head easily on things you want a low recast on.

True, but the actual reduction to recast with cap'd haste is not that big. like ~1.5% change in actual recast. I consider that a minor use.

w/o grimoire:
FC: 56. (1/2 = 28)
Haste: 68.75
Grimoire: 10
(1-.28)*(1-.6875)*(1-.1)=0.2025=20.25%

w/ grimoire:
FC: 39. (1/2 = 19)
Haste: 68.75
Grimoire: 25
(1-.19)*.3125*(1-.25)=0.18984375=18.98%
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-03 19:05:00
Link | Citer | R

If fighting an elementally neutral mob and you want to hit it with a good helix, I recommend Noctohelix, since it's the strongest helix we have(depending on gear). Since Pixie Hairpin+1 and Archon Ring directly increase dark damage, and Voidstorm gives a decent chunk of +INT(though not as much as Hailstorm), Noctohelix technically is the strongest helix because of currently available gear. So if fighting something which isn't too elementally aligned, why not shoot for the highest damage possible?. Also I think Modus Veritas might be m.acc based but that's just from eyeballing. I used to use it on AAs and it would stick about 30% of the time with just idle gear, but I've been using m.acc gear lately with it and it seems to have improved noticably. Since there's nothing else you could possibly wear when using it, I guess give it a shot...couldn't hurt XD
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-07 15:37:44
Link | Citer | R

This code doesn't seem to work for me with Kinematics' SCH lua:

sets.midcast.CureWithLightWeather = {main="Chatoyant Staff",
head="Gende. Caubeen",
body="Peda. Gown +1",
hands="Pedagogy Bracers",
legs="Acad. Pants +1",
feet="Regal Pumps",
neck="Phalaina Locket",
waist="Korin Obi",
left_ear="Beatific Earring",
right_ear="Lifestorm Earring",
left_ring="Prolix Ring",
right_ring="Sirona's Ring",
back="Twilight Cape"}

function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
if default_spell_map == 'Cure' or default_spell_map == 'Curaga' then
if world.weather_element == 'Light' then
return 'CureWithLightWeather'
end

When I cast cure with Aurorastorm up, it still uses my default cure set and not the weather set with chatoyant/twilight/obi.
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-09 12:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/3TK5hNxg

I have a set called StunAlacrity
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
apply_grimoire_bonuses(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.english == 'Stun' and buffactive['Alacrity'] then
   equip(sets.StunAlacrity)

When Alacrity is active and Stun is cast, it's supposed to use StunAlacrity set, not my regular stun set. For some reason it never uses my StunAlacrity set however.

Frequently when I cast stun, after the cast, I return to my idle set. But 50% of the time when returning to my idle set, everything is switched back to idle EXCEPT for Apamajas II and Sangoma Ring. When I cast stun AGAIN, it will swap all 16 slots back to idle. It's weird. 50% of stuns aftercast in full idle, 50% of stun casts aftercast in full idle but leave on the main and right_ring from my stun set. Can't figure it out...

Also when Aurorastorm is up, the lua never puts on my CureWithLightWeather set even though I have this code:
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
if default_spell_map == 'Cure' or default_spell_map == 'Curaga' then
if world.weather_element == 'Light' then
return 'CureWithLightWeather'
end

Please assist :(
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-09 12:58:48
Link | Citer | R

If I recall I used to have issues casting Stuns. Same issue as you, a far percentage of time it would cast in my idle set. One cast, my recast timer would be under 10 secs, the next, it would be over 16 secs, same buffs. To get around this though I stopped using my own lua file and adapted to motes. His has an option to switch your default Idle set, from Normal, DT, or Stun.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-11 19:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Man is it me or do we get pretty lame job points. I mean Helix/Regen duration is kinda cool and MP with Tabula Rasa is nice but the rest are eh. Nobody really uses Parsimony/Penury for m.acc, should have been extra MP-% consumption or Conserve MP proc, and the Alacrity/Celerity bonus only affects cast speed, this should have gotten the m.acc thing.

Hope our future job points are a bit more thought out. Magic Attack Bonus, Magic Damage, Enhancing Duration, Adloquium getting +1 TP per boost(when 10/10 job points you'd get 20TP per tick(or 2/tick total under the old TP notation).
[+]
 Bahamut.Phidruran
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-01-11 19:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Using Kinematic's lua, I can't get it to use Aswang Sash for whenever I do not have weather up. Is there a simple code to put in the lua that states, if weather or day is not active, then waist="Aswang Sash"?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-01-11 19:55:33
Link | Citer | R

You should find something along the lines of "gear.default.obi_waist", which is what it will use when it doesn't find a weather/day match.
 Bahamut.Phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-01-11 20:01:47
Link | Citer | R

The sets.midcast ['Elemental Magic'] set has waist=gear.ElementalObi in it which I have assumed it gets from Motes-Mappings. Within the midcast sets are the only place in Kinematic's lua that mentions obi usage.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-11 20:15:15
Link | Citer | R

It gets the default non obi waist from Mote-Globals, but i would recommend making your own Charname-Globals.lua because if im not mistaken his often overwrites, and your own would take priority.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-01-11 20:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Sweet that worked, thank you! Never thought about changing the name on the Globals. As soon as I did that, it started swapping out.
By Nazrious 2015-01-13 08:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Is bananas in pajamas staff still best choice for stun? Thinking about making a sch mule for toji etc.

(Apajams staff the Magian lighting recast one)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 10:25:21
Link | Citer | R

9 secs recast is plenty to keep mega boss stun locked aside harmless magics like diaga, and you can reach that by capping the recast time without apajamas, so its more harmfull than benefit apajamas over any ilv staff due to lack of macc.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-18 00:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Can someone double check this?

My marin staff is beating my lehbrailg+2 augmented with +24MAB on every spell.

Lehbrailg: INT+12 MAB+46 Mdmg+202
Marin: INT+27 MAB+28 Mdmg+217

Marin is doing more damage on tier1-5 and helix, using neutral element(fire 1-5).

Besides staff, I have:
magic damage+261
mab+205
Int 85+135

Seems like marin is winning on everything.
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-18 14:08:56
Link | Citer | R

nevermind, just saw the bit about neutral element.

That's got to be the dINT & m.dmg difference. I'm not good with that. -_-
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-18 14:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Didnt know dint was this good. I guess lehbrailg is better on tw mobs but those are mostly oneshottable anyway with a tier2
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 99 100 101