A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101
 Carbuncle.Sasaraixx
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sasaraixx
By Carbuncle.Sasaraixx 2014-06-20 12:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the response. I hate the randomness of augments. I know I could potentially save myself a lot of gil, but I've had bad luck so far. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. It does sound like a smart move.

I do love the look of the Art body though. It's a lot of gil/time, but that color! hehe :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-06-20 13:59:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd keep some magic acc boots/head on hand, just incase. One of my LS mates uses an identical setup to yours and does OK. Definitely a slightly higher resist rate on the bosses than my setup but over the course of the run its really such a small difference.
 Carbuncle.Sasaraixx
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sasaraixx
By Carbuncle.Sasaraixx 2014-06-21 09:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!

I already have an Artsieq hat at Rank 14 on path C. I'll shoot for macc on Hagondes feet as well. So many augments! Hopefully they will start cooperating. :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-25 11:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Cacalism is breaking 9 to 15k in abby. Only geos spells can keep up. Should do 7k outside abby if good gear. Oh how I love sch.

Blms makes fore crackers, we leave sands and pebbles of all we smash with our magic and staves.
By Chimerawizard 2014-07-04 13:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Sorry about no real updates to the guide for quite a while. I've been re-learning things since coming back with all this new gear and gearswap (can't get motenten's gearswap to turn off pdt mode or put on my sub.idle gear for some reason).

Anyway, I will do an overhaul on first post soon.

got a kick outa that one. Happy 4th everyone.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-07-04 16:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Aspiring Scholars,

GET TUPSIMATI.
Out parse SAMs on Wopket
???
RAWR!(profit)

Sincerely,
Tab
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-04 16:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
can't get motenten's gearswap to turn off pdt mode

Alt-F12.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2014-07-04 17:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Sweet thanks

EDIT: mostly done redo'ing the guide. Can add more sets as needed.
 Asura.Lewyo
Serveur: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2014-07-05 18:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have sets that i can look at for low and high tir nukes.
 Valefor.Hakujin
Serveur: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2014-07-14 16:59:11
Link | Citer | R

The updated guide looks nice, thanks! For precast, shouldn't the gearswap/ideal set have Pedagogy Mortarboard +1 and Academic's Loafers +1 (cast time -19%) over Nahtirah Hat and Pedagogy Loafers +1 (fast cast +16%), assuming you're casting spells under an appropriate Art?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-14 17:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Hakujin said: »
The updated guide looks nice, thanks! For precast, shouldn't the gearswap/ideal set have Pedagogy Mortarboard +1 and Academic's Loafers +1 (cast time -19%) over Nahtirah Hat and Pedagogy Loafers +1 (fast cast +16%), assuming you're casting spells under an appropriate Art?

According to bg, the relic head and artifact head reduction doesnt stack with alacrity. Thats why he separated 2 diferent sets - with and without alacrity. Without alacrity, your gear should result the most reduction in cast and recast than natirah and peda. With alacrity, just fast cast matter.
By Chimerawizard 2014-07-14 17:21:18
Link | Citer | R

I was going to put an item list of the Arts: casting time - head & feet to the side. I forgot to do it before the last update.

EDIT:
I was looking at the PDT sets on the SAM guide and noticed Black Earrings ... figures more abyssea I gotta do for my pdt set :(
Also, Gendewitha has more Defense/VIT than hagondes, not to mention, 5, yes that's 5 fewer possible augments to sift through in order to make a nice turtle set, so guess I'll have to fix that... at least those pieces are already used for precast/cure/cursna.

Last, does anyone know how much/little the defense of accessories actually effect damage? because if the BGwiki article is right, and mobs have a **** ton of attack, def+15 =0.001~% aproximate reductions, yes?
By Chimerawizard 2014-07-26 23:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Well, damn. I've been doing it wrong.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104051-Cast-and-Recast?p=6044883&viewfull=1#post6044883.
Only precast in the feet, since it's a +2 fast cast over anything else, compared to the +1 on hat over nahtirah.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-28 17:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a good Cataclysm build? About to make a Darkness ToM damage staff.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2014-07-28 23:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Keep on keeping on scholar bros!

[+]
By Chimerawizard 2014-08-03 11:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Quite honestly, I probably shouldn't even make this post.
I am not advocating SCHs to melee mobs... Shell Crusher I do think one should do if nuking gave him TP or some lol adloquium on self, but that's about it.

I did not math these out to make sure they are the best sets to use, just kinda eyeballed them. Let me know what to change on them if you want.

SCH WS sets:
ItemSet 326811 Cata-cleave all the things!~ fTP increases w/ more tp. STR/INT mod, magic ws. so INT, MAB, and m.dmg everywhere.

ItemSet 326813 Omnisience yourself some MAB aftermath, ohh yeah!!... duration varies w/ tp. MND mod, magic ws. so MND, MAB, and m.dmg everywhere.

ItemSet 326812 Shattersoul yourself a solo Darkness skillchain! duration might vary lol. INT mod, physical ws. so STR, INT, double attack, and fTP stuffs.

ItemSet 326814 Spirit Taker your MP back. used when tanking Yumcax cause you pulled hate. hahaha... INT/MND mod, physical ws. so fTP, STR/INT/MND, and double attack.

ItemSet 326816 Myrkr your debuffs away. Used when you have TP and doubt you'll actually hit the mob, or have some nasty debuffs on. MP dependant, self target ws. I don't know if convert gear works so I just didn't put that in. MP everywhere.

ItemSet 326817 GDI DD's need to kill faster! Def-25%, duration varies w/ TP. accuracy/DEX everywhere. who cares about what YOU hit it for, just so long as it hits. moonshade to increase duration. Also magic accuracy is important since the defense- can resist.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-03 11:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Does "weaponskill accuracy" stats just strickly affect physical accuracy or can it affect ws status effect like the mentioned shell crusher, aswell, others like ageha?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-03 12:32:17
Link | Citer | R

I've never seen the benefit of Myrkr on SCH for me (or any mage), I`m never equipping the same weapon long enough to gain 1000tp, unless I`m melee and why would I be doing that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-03 12:40:40
Link | Citer | R

I said "for me" I don't do any of that stuff on SCH lol

I can see the usefulness of it but I don't have it because I`d never use it so would be a waste of residue and die for me.

Edit: Also, I don't idle with a staff.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kjotu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kjLotus
By Leviathan.Kjotu 2014-08-08 03:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Unless using celerity/alacrity. Always try to cast in the reforge af2 head & af1 feet.

If your fast cast set is decent, you should never precast in reforge AF2 head/AF1 feet over fast cast head/feet. Though the raw values of AF2 head/AF1 feet are higher, the terms are multiplicative and you can stack a LOT more fast cast than -grimoire cast. Even without /RDM, a full FC set still comes out *slightly* ahead of the same set using -grimoire cast time pieces.

Assuming 10% FC head, 6% FC feet, -11% grimoire head and -8% grimoire feet, you need more than 40% fast cast in a full FC set (or 24% excluding hat/feet) for the FC hat/feet to be better than the -grimoire hat/feet.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-08-08 07:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Such a cool video, had to post it here for people who don't browse nicodouga.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24089713

Correct me if I'm wrong but looks like:
blizzard -> noctohelix(Compression ) -> luinohelix(Transfixion) -> Water(Reverbration) -> Blizzard(Induration) -> Thunder(Impaction) -> Aero(Detonation) -> Stone(Scisson) -> Fire(Liquefaction) -> Thunder(Fusion) -> Omniscience(Gravitation) -> Rudra Storm (Darkness)
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-08 12:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Dang. That really was pretty fancy.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-10 13:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Working on maxing out my sch chars atm:
Does anyone have either of these sets already calculated?

-Ideal T1-T2 set at capped m.acc
-Ideal T1-T2 set at capped m.acc without doing hagondes

(for that matter, what tier should the nuke set be changing? how specific do you get on when to use which set? i bet josi knows most of this)
By Chimerawizard 2014-08-10 19:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, dINT 100+ is where T1 nukes INT means nothing. Also, the low modifier for INT makes it not too desirable anyway.

Any other nuke dINT won't cap til 200, so INT will be good throughout. I don't know when but eventually the INT ammo beats the m.dmg one. I think it might be T4 nukes. Hagondes is the big ??? because it depends on your augments for when they'll beat the alternatives.

Also, you're saying capped m.acc... that is from my experience quite variable since my m.acc always seems to be floor'd on some mobs unless a GEO is around or bard actually does threnody.

Speaking of m.acc sets though... or for a nuke resist set? I'm leaning toward the Vanir because its soo much INT. (Artsieq would be Path: C R15)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-11 08:35:13
Link | Citer | R

well, have my own carn brd, my own geo, my own cor and just got a couple days of salvage trials to do for tupsi119, so i don't foresee m.acc being a major issue

i understand the principles, just figured someone on here would have already done the tedious part of comparing every option in spreadsheet so i could see what i need to farm.. no sets posted in the last few months of replies and the set in OP seems to be optimized for t4 or t5

was looking at:

t1-t2
ItemSet 327112

t3-t5
ItemSet 327113
By Chimerawizard 2014-08-11 13:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Well, just setup Motenten's magic calculator for Tojil since you want harder mobs, yeah?

dINT varied but stayed <100. So against something with his ammount of INT, always use Shiva +1s.

Custom INT+3 for 15 merits into INT... I dunno how to make it let me just put 15 on the first page.
INT+16 on top of that for buremte/otomi.

Input both Vanir & Artsieq(C:R15) body pieces and Vanir won in dmg on all spells.

Tried Replacing hat & hands for hagondes+1 (MAB+30) Hagondes wins on all spells... but good luck w/ that augment. Just going to use buremte/otomi for the spreadsheet today.

Toro Cape for T2+ nukes & kaustra.
Toro Cape, Ombre Tathlum & Skrati/Wizzan Grip for T3+ nukes & kaustra.

Edited calculator also includes the affinity equipment like the quanpur necklace & ngq staff. Those were the only two I found all that useful for sch, but included the others in order to find that out.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DzLF6F8eD2Laq0w2q_twzbXEkQoIphP7e3-F66Iej5Y/edit?usp=sharing

That's all I got. Good luck. ^_^

I'm also working on Tupsimati... 83k/150k Tokens, 85k/100k Ichor, 18/50 Assaults, and 0/30k Alexandrites. (Selling alex to repurchase once I finish the rest; I expect prices to continue falling slowly)

EDIT: The three Sets in the OP ... The first (basic) was made to be something easy to put together, the other two, noResist & Resist were made to show options not already in the basic set that are either harder to obtain than (basic) or best in slot leaving the individual to come up with their own sets.

NoBump kaustra dmg post:
oops, I did that on lightsday. ahaha i meant to wait for darksday.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-25 06:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Trying to improve my mule stun set, then poped some doubts.

Mule gear (just pieces relevant to stunning):

Fast cast:
Gendewitha gages+1: 7
Orumilla torque: 5
Swith cape: 3
Artsieq hase: 5
Prolix: 2
Incantor: 2
Total FC: 24 (recast12)

Haste:
Pedagogy mortaboard: 5
Academic loafers: 3
Hagondes coat+1: 3
Gendewitha gages: 1
Artsieq hose: 5
Ninurta sash: 6
Total haste: 23

1) considering the grimoire reduction from relic head, artifact feet and dark arts, that result in 28% recast reduction. Suposing the fast cast cap is 80%, so 40% in recast, that means any fast cast above 24% is irrelevant to recast?

2) with marchx2 (+4 march) and haste, the above gearset results in 10 secs recast. With ionis, the set results in 9 secs recast. But my excel is giving me some different results. Without ionis and not flooring anything, it results in 9.745. So, the question is: is the recast timer floored or rounded?

3) so, someone knows the haste bonus from ionis?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101