New Belt?????

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » New belt?????
New belt?????
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-06-29 11:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Blackest belt!
Darkness Belt!
 Odin.Stormcroww
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2012-06-29 11:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Could be Red Belt since that's really the only color of belt higher than a black belt aside from different degrees of black.

Well I hope its not a Red Belt like this guys. This frickn' cracked me up. The ghost punch! What an idot. Too bad, I would have taken his money.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2012-06-29 11:38:21
Link | Citer | R

I totally called this years ago, even posted on my old account on Greyfin as an advertisement to sell it lololol

Went back to my old account, this is what I had typed out as a joke.

Red Dragon's Belt:
MNK LVL 91
Haste 16% STR+10 DEX+10 Accuracy+10 Subtle Blow+10 Damage Taken -10%
Enhances "Counterstance" Hand-to-Hand Skill+10
Enhances "Martial Arts" Trait

Quest: Enter the Dragon
Requirements:
Black Belt
Wyrm Beard
Adamantoise Egg
Behemoth Tounge

Start placing your pre-orders early for all items! Discount, 10% off when you buy all 3!
Only 10 mil per item!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2012-07-03 08:46:56
Link | Citer | R

If SE is following the Dan ranks, a second degree black belt would be called Ni Dan, if they even consider the black belt we already have a Sho Dan. At 7th Dan, or at least in karate, you get a red belt with white stripes, and a solid red at Ju Dan (10th Dan).

At a martial artists perspective on the new belt, it would be appropriate for SE to call it a Red Belt, since it would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to go through every degree of black belt in FFXI.
 Cerberus.Celll
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-07-17 03:08:52
Link | Citer | R

If I had to put my money on anything, they would make the new belt a magian trial upgrade from the black belt. Seeing how the degrees go up in real martial arts (1st,2nd, degree black belt and so on) It would only make sense to make the new belt a ToM one. Say you trade in the black belt and need to get 3x tongues for stage one, eggs for stage 2 and beards for the third stage.

I would only assume the haste would go up by 4%, str +10, acc +5(or 10),PDT -10%, SB +10 and would augment Martial arts.

That is all speculation though, I am not sure why they would want to give mnks more haste then they already have, seeing how they already are over cap by a good margin and already put out some grueling dmg. Then again more haste on one piece of gear leaves play room for added attack and ACC or str on other pieces.
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2012-07-17 09:30:43
Link | Citer | R

There's supposedly a limit on the amount of stats that can be placed on a single piece of equipment, and the limit is 5. Some stats can be grouped together, some can't.

For instance:
Tantra Cyclas +2
(1)DEF: 64
(2)STR +12 VIT +12
(3)Accuracy +15 Attack +15
(4)Augments "Impetus"
(5)Enhances "Martial Arts" effect
Set: Augments "Kick Attacks"
Lv. 89 MNK

STR/DEX/AGI/VIT/MND/INT/CHR all share the same slot, so there's really no limitation on those being used, other than taking up the one slot.

Attack and Accuracy share a slot, but it's not clear with what else... possibly Evasion... seems to be a lot of Attack/Accuracy gear as well as a lot of Accuracy/Evasion...

Beyond that it's not really clear... HP and MP are probably grouped, defense is probably it's own category, maybe some stuff like Subtle Blow and Store TP are grouped, but I don't think it's been documented.

As for Black Belt...

(1)DEF: 7
(2)STR +7
(3)Haste +12%
(4)"Subtle Blow" +5
(5)Physical damage taken -5%
Lv.70 MNK

Assuming SE doesn't drop one stat in favor of another, seems like this is basically what we have to work with... could add DEX and/or VIT... could up the haste... maybe up the PDT or change it to straight DT... if we're lucky, counter or store TP is linked with Subtle Blow, and we might get an upgrade to that...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-17 09:47:17
Link | Citer | R

:o

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Red BeltRare Ex
[Waist] All Races
DEF:9 STR+10 Haste+15%
"Subtle Blow"+7
"Hundred Fists"
Physical damage taken -7%
LV 99 PUP
[+]
 Bismarck.Punchus
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2012-07-17 10:03:24
Link | Citer | R

LOL Red Belt PUP only would be an epic addition. They said obtaining the new belt is going to obscenely harder than getting BB so don't think ToM or even multiple BB items. Gonna be something new that we've not yet seen and will blow our minds I'm sure.
 Sylph.Washburn
Serveur: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-17 10:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Stop teasing everyone and be realistic. Everyone knows the only thing better than a black belt is a rex-kwon-do belt...

Rex-Kwon-Do Belt
[Waist] All Races
DEF:100 Haste+25%
Subtle Blow -30
Moustache+1
"Break The Wrist Walk Away"
Aftermath: "Raspy Voice"
Lv.99 MNK/NIN
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-07-17 18:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Washburn said: »
Stop teasing everyone and be realistic. Everyone knows the only thing better than a black belt is a rex-kwon-do belt...

Rex-Kwon-Do Belt
[Waist] All Races
DEF:100 Haste+25%
Subtle Blow -30
Moustache+1
"Break The Wrist Walk Away"
Aftermath: "Raspy Voice"
Lv.99 MNK/NIN

Dont forget the Costume Effect:American Flag Suit
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-07-17 18:21:44
Link | Citer | R

all this talk about a new belt makes me think of ...

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [164 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Dragish
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2012-12-28 10:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Atori-Tutori???'s Belt

MNK in the 99 cap fight!
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-28 10:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Dragish said: »
Atori-Tutori???'s Belt

MNK in the 99 cap fight!

[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-12-28 10:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Kind of a ridiculous necro in the first place, but as long as this is here...

Since we clearly don't need more haste on the belt anymore, what could the new belt even offer that would re-establish it as the top-tier waist piece?

The obvious answer is DA/TA/QA, but I wonder if they'd do something along the lines of "Increases hand-to-hand damage", and changing the H2H skill multiplier from .11 to .12 or something.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2012-12-28 11:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Could put Enhances Martial Arts on it in place of haste, change the PDT to DT, give it +counter, +sTP, +DA/Kick Attacks (TA and QA are a stretch), hand-to-hand skill...

They could do a bunch of things, but we'll end up with +15% haste, more STR, -7% PDT and it'll be essentially worthless compared to the effort required to get it.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-12-28 11:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Latest .dat mining...
Code
Rare ex-Champion Cloak
[Body] All Races
Cannot Equip Headgear DEF:70 STR+15
DEX+15 AGI+10 CHR+100 Accuracy +20 
Attack +20 Kick Attacks +7
Enhances "Martial Arts" effect
Set: Able to cast "Miracle Special Ultra Super Megatón Punch"
Lv.99 MNK

Rare ex-Champion Belt
[Waist] All Races
DEF:10 STR+10 Haste+15%
"Subtle Blow"+10 Physical damage taken -10%
Lv.99 MNK

[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-28 11:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Could put Enhances Martial Arts on it in place of haste, change the PDT to DT, give it +counter, +sTP, +DA/Kick Attacks (TA and QA are a stretch), hand-to-hand skill...

They could do a bunch of things, but we'll end up with +15% haste, more STR, -7% PDT and it'll be essentially worthless compared to the effort required to get it.

They "could" also put any stat on any piece of gear. Any hypothetical piece of gear can have limitless power, or be utterly useless. The method to obtain could be straightforward and stupid, challenging and rewarding, or mind bendingly tedious and impossible.

But no matter what, even if it doesn't even exist, someone will *** about it being too hard to get and worthless anyway on the forums.
[+]
 Bismarck.Iso
user: ringly
By Bismarck.Iso 2012-12-28 11:43:43
Link | Citer | R

cant wait to see what absurd stuff we will get to do for this thing
 Quetzalcoatl.Nandeyanen
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidari
By Quetzalcoatl.Nandeyanen 2012-12-28 11:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »
Latest .dat mining...
Code
Rare ex-Champion Cloak
[Waist] All Races
Cannot Equip Headgear DEF:70 STR+15
DEX+15 AGI+10 CHR+100 Accuracy +20 
Attack +20 Kick Attacks +7
Enhances "Martial Arts" effect
Lv.99 MNK

Rare ex-Champion Belt
[Waist] All Races
DEF:10 STR+10 Haste+15%
"Subtle Blow"+10 Physical damage taken -10%
Lv.99 MNK

I like how the cloak is for waist slot. It makes me feel preppy.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-12-28 12:22:30
Link | Citer | R

fail D;
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2012-12-28 17:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »

They "could" also put any stat on any piece of gear. Any hypothetical piece of gear can have limitless power, or be utterly useless. The method to obtain could be straightforward and stupid, challenging and rewarding, or mind bendingly tedious and impossible.

But no matter what, even if it doesn't even exist, someone will *** about it being too hard to get and worthless anyway on the forums.

Well, yeah, but putting MAB+40 on a MNK-exclusive belt seems a little stupid and unlikely, doesn't it? I was trying to make suggestions that are plausible and/or useful, but you're totally right, it could have song spellcasting time -15% too.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-12-29 00:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Something to raise the gear haste cap, similar to Aegis and MDT, could be kinda neat!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-29 00:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »

Well, yeah, but putting MAB+40 on a MNK-exclusive belt seems a little stupid and unlikely, doesn't it? I was trying to make suggestions that are plausible and/or useful, but you're totally right, it could have song spellcasting time -15% too.

MNK can use Cataclysm, therefor SE will find it necessary
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-29 09:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't be surprised if they just added counter rate to it. Looking at our new 1 hour ability, they seem to want to make monks more defensive =/
By leva 2012-12-31 09:50:22
Link | Citer | R

There should be multiple routes as was mentioned there are in real martial arts
a defensive one
one with moar haste
one with 8 haste/4 crit or something
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-12-31 09:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Wouldn't be surprised if they just added counter rate to it. Looking at our new 1 hour ability, they seem to want to make monks more defensive =/
FINAL FANTASY XI Job Adjustments Manifesto said:
Monk
Vision
Persistent pugilists whose fists speak louder than words, partially because they also render enemy attacks completely impotent.

We'd like to see monks further mature into an even more supportive attacking role within the party. There's still room to build upon their renowned self-defense tactics such as Chakra and Counter, and they can also benefit from some extra training in skills like Subtle Blow and Chi Blast that leave foes too weak to fend off attacks from other party members.
 Cerberus.Thore
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2012-12-31 10:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
FINAL FANTASY XI Job Adjustments Manifesto said:
Monk
Vision
Persistent pugilists whose fists speak louder than words, partially because they also render enemy attacks completely impotent.

We'd like to see monks further mature into an even more supportive attacking role within the party. There's still room to build upon their renowned self-defense tactics such as Chakra and Counter, and they can also benefit from some extra training in skills like Subtle Blow and Chi Blast that leave foes too weak to fend off attacks from other party members.

They'll put 20 MND on it for better Chi Blasts?!?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-31 10:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Technically, Black Belt isn't the highest a martial artist can go. There are degrees to it. Like Black Belt 1st degree is the type you have brown belt w/ strike (or red belt). Then there's 2nd degree, 3rd degree etc.

Technically we can go at least to the 12th degree, it would be fun if SE puts some quests to reach it.
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2012-12-31 11:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Technically, Black Belt isn't the highest a martial artist can go. There are degrees to it. Like Black Belt 1st degree is the type you have brown belt w/ strike (or red belt). Then there's 2nd degree, 3rd degree etc.

Technically we can go at least to the 12th degree, it would be fun if SE puts some quests to reach it.

But isn't 12th degree technically Ninja? O.o
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-31 11:54:05
Link | Citer | R

To settle the idea of what SE may/may not/can/can not do with a new belt that may/may not exist, we just need to find the martial art where you stand there and punch (throwing in a kick 15% of the time) then following it up with moves called Combo, Shoulder Tackle, One Inch Punch, Backhand Blow, Raging Fists, Spinning Attack, Howling Fist, Dragon Kick, Asuran Fists, Tornado Kick, Shijin Spiral, Final Heaven, Ascetic's Fury, Stringing Pummel, or Victory Smite while wearing extravagant brass knuckles.

Then, we can say, "Yes, this martial art* is organized this way, and a <undetermined> belt would truly represent the pinnacle of achievement."
Otherwise, trying to assign it to whatever degree/color/combination of colors and degrees you want is ridiculous, and everyone is just saying what they think it should be called. Hoping for certain stats is one thing - and can totally be fun - but trying to determine what the name of a hypothetical piece of gear... I don't know, I just think that that energy could at least be directed into choosing numbers on marbles or something.

And anyways, it's totally going to be a "204,153,51 Belt," tying the ultimate monk to it's humble beginnings.