The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 446 447 448
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-27 10:02:59
Link | Citer | R

What is a good spell set for oddessy farming? I am looking to squeeze out some melee dps in addition to cruel joke farming. Does cruel joke need any job traits(macc) to be more effective? I have been typically using a cleave spell set with decent success.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-27 10:15:03
Link | Citer | R

You can just use the Omen AOE set on the front page as a baseline, or something similar. It's specific for handling aoe and some defensive stuff. Remove the AOE damage spells and set some other utility.

You're going to need a moderate level of magic accuracy to not be resisted, but I occasionally get resisted even with a very good macc set.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-05-28 02:50:37
Link | Citer | R

there is a BLU in the next version update banner, BLUpdate confirmed?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-05-28 03:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Never in a million years. Our big all jobs balance patch notes will be:

Blue Mage

Fixed a bug where the job was able to wield swords and clubs.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-05-28 04:45:16
Link | Citer | R

wonder how they judge job popularity. maybe if we all collectively idle in town on RDM and MNK, not touching BLU at all for a month, they'll start panicking and finally push out the BLUpdate.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-28 09:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
wonder how they judge job popularity. maybe if we all collectively idle in town on RDM and MNK, not touching BLU at all for a month, they'll start panicking and finally push out the BLUpdate.
This is how they pick:
[+]
By Endlesscc 2021-05-29 12:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Hi All

trying to build my Naegling set (Savage Blade Spam), and while looking at the first page the fotia belt was not on the list. Just wondering the +10% WSD on the belt is not as good as the +str from other belt?

Currently I am using the following :

Naegl / AlmaceAG (Getting Thiborn)
Herc +4% WSD Head
Body with +5% Wsd (need more Omen card)
Jhakri Hand
Ambus back +10% WSD
Lulahza +3 leg
Herc Boot with +4% wsd
+2% Wsd Earring
Petrov Ring
Llabrat Ring
Fotia Gorget (saving for +2 Blu Neck)
Ginsen

Any input is welcome, thank you!
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-29 12:49:01
Link | Citer | R

I reallllllllllllllly wish they would fix the wording on those damn belts and necks. It's not wsd+10.

It's just inexcusable at this point
By Shichishito 2021-05-29 13:56:33
Link | Citer | R

i think the fotia items are "just" a 0.1 ftp increase instead of the 10% WSD like it says. for weapon skills with low ftp thats pretty good but savage blade starts at 4.0 and scales up to 13.75 ftp at 3000 tp so fotia doesn't do as well there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-29 14:30:40
Link | Citer | R

They either need to create a new term to explain the stat or they need to change it to actually be WSD+10%. Because your average player has no idea what fTP is and how it functions or influences their WS, and it's probably too late to add that term to the game's language or gear descriptions because it would cause even further confusion. "fTP + 0.1" is even more confusing of an explanation vs "WSD+10%", even if it is misleading. Had they added that term to the WS descriptions it may have been a lot easier to adjust the wording on the neck/belts.

Does the JP client use the same description? It might only be an English translation issue, so they might not see a need to update it after all this time. I do agree it should be clarified, though.
By Endlesscc 2021-05-29 16:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Haha thanks for the clarification!

I would assumed that's only apply to the belt and neck and those Herc WSD+ should be good right?
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-05-30 10:12:43
Link | Citer | R

hey guys so i've just finished my all 5 of my nyame pieces on r20 path B. Is there any changes to weaponskill sets now using those vs gleti/jse, or would they be more useful in Uncapped situations.
By SimonSes 2021-05-30 11:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
hey guys so i've just finished my all 5 of my nyame pieces on r20 path B. Is there any changes to weaponskill sets now using those vs gleti/jse, or would they be more useful in Uncapped situations.

Nyame head, hands, feet for capped (Gleti's body and legs)
5/5 for uncapped.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-05-30 12:57:30
Link | Citer | R

When AH gets updated with Nyame equipment, I'll include them in their respective sets. I just didn't want to have empty slots and a disclaimer about it. Hopefully they get added soon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-05-30 13:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input guys is it safe to assume that those sets apply for savage blade and black halo aswell. Also whats the verdict on Beithir Ring? it should replace Shukuyu/ifrits if you arnt using a adoulin ring correct? (I'm using epa already)
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-06-01 20:07:05
Link | Citer | R

For the Expiacion/SB set here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/338446

I'm assuming you can replace Karieyh+1 with Niqmaddu if you didn't choose that as a reward?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-06-01 20:11:25
Link | Citer | R

No, BLU isn't on Niqmaddu or Regal. Rufescent Ring is a good pick for Savage, Ilabrat for Expiacion. If attack capped, Metamorph Ring +1 with augments works quite well for both, and Beithir Ring seems like a solid pick.
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-06-02 06:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Ah I didn't even realize. Perhaps it's time to change Adoulin rings. Thanks for the help!
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-06-04 11:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Hello Guys, Finally got Tizona, after 7 years in the making, Tiz was supposed to be my 1st mythic but had to cancel it back then for Nirvana for aeonics runs, then came Gastra but now I was finally able to finish it.

Now my questions for it is, what are current TP/WS sets for AM, thanks in advance.

[+]
By Taint 2021-06-04 11:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Congrats, definitely a game changing weapon. Build a TP bonus sword ASAP, it really shines when you can use it.

Am3 set I use Malignance. Accessories vary depending on content acc/dt/meva etc. Focus on STP then QA/TA.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-04 11:45:42
Link | Citer | R

I have one already, but every time I see these screenshots of new owners I feel proud all over again. That thang is sweet, go carve up some monsters real nice.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-06-04 11:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Oh I made Thibron ages ago

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2021-06-04 15:32:18
Link | Citer | R

traits bonuses don't add up with sub job tiers, you get the trait tier of which ever source is higher.
for example if you get some traits tier I from BLU main and tier II from sub job you'll have tier II, if you get tier III from BLU main and II from sub job you'll get tier III.

imho stoneskin gear isn't worth the inventory space waste, cast time is long, you get easily interupted and the protection is lackluster. with decent gear you'll not need stoneskin for regular cleaving and for stuff like odyssey the 350 dmg mitigation will barely shield a single hit cause everything hits like a truck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-04 15:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
imho stoneskin gear isn't worth the inventory space waste, cast time is long, you get easily interupted and the protection is lackluster. with decent gear you'll not need stoneskin for regular cleaving and for stuff like odyssey the 350 dmg mitigation will barely shield a single hit cause everything hits like a truck.

It might not be "worth" it, but I still carry mine and use it for all of my jobs that can cast Stoneskin. With an appropriate FC build, stoneskin casts in about 2 seconds, so it's not "long" at all. For jobs like BLU, it means being able to save 3 set points and a spell slot when subbing RDM, and an extra 350~ HP is helpful for at least Omen fodder pulls (which is what I use it for). Add it to Occultation, Def food, Cocoon/Reactor Cool, Phalanx (augments) and Protect, and you'll be that much more solid for whatever hordes of mobs you are pulling.. I assume anytime you go /rdm, it's for that kind of purpose anyways.

I actually use Stoneskin generously on GEO when I am in range of AOE. Though if you have a dedicated WHM, Cureskin would cover you most of the time. I use stoneskin before pulling in Odyssey on RUN as well. The gear helps a little bit
By Shichishito 2021-06-04 16:40:25
Link | Citer | R

i use stoneskin quite frequently on GEO and other jobs too, i just don't find it very usefull for BLU. most of the time i don't use diamondhide or metallic body anymore either.
i also rarely go /RDM, if i need aquaveil for omen or odyssey i just diffusion carcharian verve and pop a super reviatlizer in reisenjima.

i don't trust /RDM aquaveil as i've seen large pulls in reisenjima frequently get thru carcharian verve aquaveil which iirc prevents more interrupts, imho the extra defense from for example /WAR defender is most of the time more beneficial.
By Meeble 2021-06-04 17:12:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shriveledcanary said: »
Hello I am looking for a stoneskin build. If I am /rdm then I can avoid diamondhide and use stoneskin instead and throw the points into something else. I went to the wikis to determine the stoneskin formula but I don't understand how to calculate it so I can't determine how much skill and mnd I need to cap at 350 base damage. I have 144 enhancing magic skill (no merits).

ItemSet 380104

These slots are already filled ofcourse. Thanks

Edit: Also does the magic attack bonus traits from /rdm stack with traits from blu spells as well?

You may want to add Carmine or Volte +hp pieces to offset the max hp reduction from the SS hands/legs. Using them also means dipping below i119 when you recast.

If you're using Odnowa/+1 or Etiolation earrings, I'm not sure Earthcry is worth swapping at all.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 446 447 448