First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-06-04 19:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Hello Guys, Finally got Tizona, after 7 years in the making, Tiz was supposed to be my 1st mythic but had to cancel it back then for Nirvana for aeonics runs, then came Gastra but now I was finally able to finish it.

Now my questions for it is, what are current TP/WS sets for AM, thanks in advance.

First off, congrats on Tizona. Great weapon.

Secondly, the Tizona sets on the front page are up-to-date for TP and WS if you're looking for references.
 Asura.Kronikx
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-06-17 13:30:13
Link | Citer | R

This question is not about gear, but is still about BLU, so goes within the parameters of this guide and topic.

Been trying (unsuccessfully) to learn Cruel Joke, my question is for the BLU's out there that managed to get the spell, specifically BLU's that learned it solo. What was your preparations going in, your game plan during the fight etc etc, or was learning the spell just an extremely lucky offshoot of going for the clear to reforge empy?
By mhomho 2021-06-17 14:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a Cruel Joke to learn. Have you tried the mob from Alluvion Skirmish? I would think it would be an easier fight, no?
 Shiva.Mutih
Serveur: Shiva
user: mutih
By Shiva.Mutih 2021-06-17 14:34:24
Link | Citer | R

There was a week a while ago where our LS was farming the Palloritus Vagary gate for it. People’s alts alts were good to go all while my Tizona was laughing at me. I eventually started farming the solo fight. His moves are all dark elemental magic so /run and put up Lux. Last Laugh was really the only one I had to watch out for. Bring Holy Waters. It will also help to use trusts that either stay at range or stay put on engage (then move yourself so they’re out of range), so they don’t get doomed. I wish you better luck than I had!
By fillerbunny9 2021-06-17 18:32:59
Link | Citer | R

the only other thing to remember is wear your AF gloves, if just for the placebo effect.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-06-19 03:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
When AH gets updated with Nyame equipment, I'll include them in their respective sets. I just didn't want to have empty slots and a disclaimer about it. Hopefully they get added soon.
The left bar new items might not reflect it but they got added about a week ago.

ItemSet 380330
 Bahamut.Kelg
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-06-19 08:00:43
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 380193
should be the new best expiacion set I think
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-19 10:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Not really. For uncapped attack it's close, but it's actually full Nyame. For capped attack it's Nyame feet and head. Hands is whatever Nyame or jhakri, but Nyame is safer. Legs and body is Gleti's.
 Asura.Kronikx
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-06-26 03:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mutih said: »
There was a week a while ago where our LS was farming the Palloritus Vagary gate for it. People’s alts alts were good to go all while my Tizona was laughing at me. I eventually started farming the solo fight. His moves are all dark elemental magic so /run and put up Lux. Last Laugh was really the only one I had to watch out for. Bring Holy Waters. It will also help to use trusts that either stay at range or stay put on engage (then move yourself so they’re out of range), so they don’t get doomed. I wish you better luck than I had!

I haven't tried the Alluvion Skirmish, just been farming the solo fight. I /run and keep Lux up, Monberaux is really good at getting doom off of me, especially with my "oh crap I'm doomed" gear on.
yeah Last Laugh is the only thing he really does that gets me. I kill him and don't learn the spell of course, but the times when I actually have a good feeling about finally getting it, within the last 10~15% he busts out Last Laugh which always hits me for 1,500+ dmg and drops me no matter what. even in 5/5 Malignance with MDT/Meva accessories.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-26 08:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Guess it's living up to its name then
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-07-02 01:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Is Karieyh+1/Epamin ring the standout best for savage/expiacion or are their other comparable ring options?

Fairly decent dps difference between the options or are we talking essentially sidegrades?
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 04:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Is Karieyh+1/Epamin ring the standout best for savage/expiacion or are their other comparable ring options?

Fairly decent dps difference between the options or are we talking essentially sidegrades?

For Expiacion
Beithir R0 is 0.9% behind Karieyh+1 if attack is capped.
Beithir R20 is 0.2% behind Karieyh+1 if attack is uncapped.

For Savage it's similar, but even less difference.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-07-02 10:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Appreciate the reply, Suppose I should of been more specific in regards who which ring I was really questioning. Was more questioning if Karieyh + X was similiar to Karieyh + Epamin.

Gearing an alt blu and just seeing if I want to buy it, don't mind paying the gil or anything just curious of its an actual decent upgrade or if Karieyh + X was pretty much right there with it.
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 10:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Epam is slightly stronger than Karieyh+1. So you can add like 0.2~0.3% to above numbers.
 Asura.Kronikx
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-07-06 04:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kronikx said: »
Shiva.Mutih said: »

I haven't tried the Alluvion Skirmish, just been farming the solo fight. I /run and keep Lux up, Monberaux is really good at getting doom off of me, especially with my "oh crap I'm doomed" gear on.
yeah Last Laugh is the only thing he really does that gets me. I kill him and don't learn the spell of course, but the times when I actually have a good feeling about finally getting it, within the last 10~15% he busts out Last Laugh which always hits me for 1,500+ dmg and drops me no matter what. even in 5/5 Malignance with MDT/Meva accessories.

UPDATE!!!!

FINALLY learned Cruel Joke, a friend went in with me oh his BLU to see if he could learn it. He pulled hate off me just in time for Last Laugh, I finished the fight and got the spell. I don't know if this is relevant for today's game but he just happened to be a Tarutaru so...... Old School "Taru Sacrifice" FTW..
By mhomho 2021-07-06 08:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Taru Sacrifice
A Cruel Joke indeed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 03:21:41
Link | Citer | R

New ammo is significant boost for Tizona under capped attack.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-07-12 08:06:06
Link | Citer | R

New fight is pretty easy on BLU. Monberaux makes it a lot easier. Bring Holy Waters for Supernova. Trust positioning is important, but other than that straight forward. Like 5 minute solos on N.

Got the Pebble and Snapshot ring 2/2, so will be easy to cap depending on congestion
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 08:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
New fight is pretty easy on BLU. Monberaux makes it a lot easier. Bring Holy Waters for Supernova. Trust positioning is important, but other than that straight forward. Like 5 minute solos on N.

Got the Pebble and Snapshot ring 2/2, so will be easy to cap depending on congestion

Well Mischief said he got a lot of accessories (mostly earrings and rings) but nothing more, so capping might depends what you need, because distribution seems bad for weapons/armors.
By Taint 2021-07-12 08:38:59
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Did you mean Expiacion specifically?
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 08:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

Did you mean Expiacion specifically?

yes
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-12 09:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Well Mischief said he got a lot of accessories (mostly earrings and rings) but nothing more, so capping might depends what you need, because distribution seems bad for weapons/armors.

iirc this kinda falls in line with the old shinryu fight - I remember twilight torque as a very common drop, but if I wanted the twilight mail or helm I really needed a blue proc - guess we're looking at a similar mechanic with this fight
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-12 09:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Well they said it'd be more annoying than lilith and the fight itself doesn't even come close, so either they didn't know what they were talking about or there's a hidden mechanic to raise drop rates
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-12 09:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried using the former Abyssa proc system with weaponskills and spells?
 Bahamut.Kelg
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-07-15 08:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some feedback for my tp sets. Besides the obvious Aurgelmir Orb +1/Coiste, any improvements I can make to these? DW trait is the base, 25%.

30% no AM (cape dw +10, feet ta+4 str 6 atk/acc 20)
ItemSet 380875
capped haste no AM (cape stp +10)
ItemSet 380872
30% AM3 (cape stp +10, feet dw+5 dex 10 acc/atk 20)
ItemSet 380876
AM3 capped haste (cape stp +10)
ItemSet 380874

Trying to maintain capped delay in my sets. Am I losing damage/ws frequency doing this?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2021-07-15 08:34:20
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
Taru Sacrifice
A Cruel Joke indeed.

We better sacrifice all Of Windurst then. Get rid of those pesky Tarutaru's once and for all.
 Asura.Kronikx
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-07-18 20:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
mhomho said: »
Taru Sacrifice
A Cruel Joke indeed.

We better sacrifice all Of Windurst then. Get rid of those pesky Tarutaru's once and for all.

Dude, we can't just eradicate them all at once, what if we need another sacrifice later on down the road?
 Asura.Kronikx
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-07-18 20:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
Looking for some feedback for my tp sets. Besides the obvious Aurgelmir Orb +1/Coiste, any improvements I can make to these? DW trait is the base, 25%.

30% no AM (cape dw +10, feet ta+4 str 6 atk/acc 20)
ItemSet 380875
capped haste no AM (cape stp +10)
ItemSet 380872
30% AM3 (cape stp +10, feet dw+5 dex 10 acc/atk 20)
ItemSet 380876
AM3 capped haste (cape stp +10)
ItemSet 380874

Trying to maintain capped delay in my sets. Am I losing damage/ws frequency doing this?

Personally, I would make use of Dedition Earring in those sets.
but while I do play and love both, we're not Ninja, don't need that many sets for changes in haste, especially when as BLU you are going to dam near cap yourself anyway in anything that doesn't require Carcharian Verve.. "Mighty Guard + Gear + Erratic Flutter",

For all non AM3 TP'ing when I don't have to do something special for the boss.
ItemSet 372318

When AM3 is up.
ItemSet 380955

can even make a few swaps for the AM3 set. Since Tizona's AM3 is not only the Occ. Attack Twice or Thrice, but also incrased Acc and Macc, can focus on going all out on STP until gear cap, then start filling in DW/Multi Hit (In That Order) if you wanted
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-18 21:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Tizona's AM3 is not only the Occ. Attack Twice or Thrice, but also incrased Acc and Macc
What?

STP until gear cap
What does this mean?

Edit: I would also argue why not set up different DW sets in lua, but do what you want.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 445 446 447