Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 609 610 611 ... 836 837 838
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 12:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Oh geez... it's hard enough finding people for Delve on my server, a BCNM is icing on the cake :(
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-15 12:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Oh geez... it's hard enough finding people for Delve on my server, a BCNM is icing on the cake :(

It's the sort of thing most people just solo, because Macrocosmic fights aren't very hard. If you ask for help, you may find people who will go though.

Same as with Delve, it's easy to do with the three characters you need to enter, so folks aren't going to make a big deal of it.
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 12:53:47
Link | Citer | R

It just sucks that you can't enter Delve solo.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 13:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Its double plasm campaign, normally there are people spamming for ergon weapons
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 13:20:30
Link | Citer | R

The "3 person minimum" is a huge double edged sword.

"Necessary" because instanced, queue, lines, soloing for hours. There would be solo delve bots 24/7 (there already are with 3, it would just be 3x worse)

Sucks. because people that simply need to get clears/plasm/drops for reforge get screwed.

"but they can just buy it from the ah or pay someone to enter"

Almost all the chapter BCNM are very simple solos on N. and that's all you really need to do, you don't need to stress D or VD.
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 14:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Its double plasm campaign, normally there are people spamming for ergon weapons

That's what I would have thought too. I've asked my LS a couple multi-box people ran 3 of them with me last Friday but nothing thus far. I'm going to check this larger LS that the concierge has tonight to see.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The "3 person minimum" is a huge double edged sword.

"Necessary" because instanced, queue, lines, soloing for hours. There would be solo delve bots 24/7 (there already are with 3, it would just be 3x worse)

Sucks. because people that simply need to get clears/plasm/drops for reforge get screwed.

"but they can just buy it from the ah or pay someone to enter"

Almost all the chapter BCNM are very simple solos on N. and that's all you really need to do, you don't need to stress D or VD.

The bots would also drive down the value of Delve drops. Good thing? Bad thing?
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 14:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Good thing overall.

The age of plasm/delve/airlixir farming is long gone. No reason to pay much for such an old and easy content.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 14:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Lowered priced anything (everything) is always a good thing.

Too many people don't understand the simple fact that you shouldn't be farming gil for your entire play sessions. let bots farm every thing, so you can play the game occasionally. (too many people don't agree and happily argue about it)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure there are players that would rather ban any and all bots, ever, and be okay with SE not making enough to keep servers running and close the game rather than just deal with bots devaluing the price of HMP/etc.
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 15:00:55
Link | Citer | R

The age of plasm/delve/airlixir farming is long gone

Not old dad here. He still needs more for Ergon :(

I'm all for long, tedious grinds... Empyrean included but gating behind multi-player stuff kind of sucks. Heck, even Empyrean don't need others with it's long-*** grind.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-15 15:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Too many people don't understand the simple fact that you shouldn't be farming gil for your entire play sessions. let bots farm every thing, so you can play the game occasionally. (too many people don't agree and happily argue about it)

I actually agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I’ve used some bots for very simple purposes while I’m sleeping or away at work just so that I can ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME when I get home.

This game is still very fun but still very poorly designed to the point of being very grindy. And the grind is mandatory or you don’t get invited to stuff. So honestly let a bot do the grind so you can have fun. Fck it Lol
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 15:46:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm fine with grinds but some items are TOO grindy. I'm not referring to the weapons as a whole, just specific items FOR some weapons. I know they offered new paths with Oboro for upgrading REMA weapons but the path that requires 300 mulcibar... who is that feasible for? lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 15:48:37
Link | Citer | R

They were very over ambitious at the time. Unsurprisingly a few people did actually get that many scoria (and marrows).

Everything they add is always "over the top" but idiots still do it. and then sometimes it becomes easier.
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 15:50:02
Link | Citer | R

I cannot imagine...

I'm sure the cost wasn't the same then. Today, 300 scoria on my server would run you 675M.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 15:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Obtain Item: 3000 Riftdross
That's billions, with a b
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 15:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I actually agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I’ve used some bots for very simple purposes while I’m sleeping or away at work just so that I can ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME when I get home.

This game is still very fun but still very poorly designed to the point of being very grindy. And the grind is mandatory or you don’t get invited to stuff. So honestly let a bot do the grind so you can have fun. Fck it Lol

Today i spent few hours to calculate what i would need to finish the escutcheon at current price.

My math varies from 0,5b 7 straight days hitting buttons and 4000 items purchased up to 1b 3 days and 4 chars stacking every inv space with spheres

Leave alone the costs, you basically give up some months of your gameplay life to repeat same pointless task
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-15 16:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else having issues with Windower taking 1-2 minutes to startup and get POL going? Been doing this for a week or so.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 16:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Leave alone the costs, you basically give up some months of your gameplay life to repeat same pointless task

This is the actual only time I've ever truly been amazed by square.

There are absolutely zero legit created shields (hyperbole), and absolutely zero bans for it. That is actually insane.
By Draylo 2019-10-15 17:07:52
Link | Citer | R

When afterlgow actually had meaning, shame they took a dump on everyone that made one including myself. Didn't even give a number like the +1 fishing rods or anything, just completely erased anyone's effort into making those.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 18:00:43
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Is botting plasm really a good way to make gil? I can't see how you wouldn't make so much plasm that you would flood the market and drop prices to 50k each.

Plasm is one of the best ways to make gil. Has been for years.

Crafting shields changed that though. (not causally, it's just more efficient to use a shield, you don't even need to leave a zone to make a billion a day)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 20:02:55
Link | Citer | R

SCH GEO does Kamhir in like 5 minutes Yorcia in like 7

Just drop a helix and run to the next mob while it ticks
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 03:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd be more leaning towards RDM if I had more than 1/5 Malignance pieces lol, but I guess it could work well.

On BLU I find using Sudden Lunge at the right time can be a time saver though, if trusts die too often you lose a lot of DPS resummoning them.

It's honestly the reason why I was running with 2 trusts that can use Stun (Zeid2 and Fablinix).
So, with BLU spamming CDC to make light SCs and occasional Sudden Lunge it was taking me 7-8 mins. More like 8+ tbf.
I was using Nat's Meditation, Cocoon, occasional Mighty Guard, occasional Braver's Drink/Monarch's Drink.
I was staying in my Hybrid Build fulltime.
Trusts... I tried a lot of different combinations. In the latest run I was settling for Zeid2 (for stun, mostly), Joachim, Qultada, King Of Hearts, Apururu.

Tried to go with MNK for lulz. Appearently with MNK my clear time is ~4 mins. o.O
My MNK probably has better gear than my BLU... R1 Sequence/Naegling on BLU, R12 Vere on MNK.
But still while my gear is good it's far from BiS and I still need to update some of my WS sets.

Vsmite was insane. spiked as much as 55k, that I could eyeball (average were more around 29k), with those 99k Light SCs, whaaaaat.
I was just staying in my Hybrid Build, not even bothering with doing anything other than the occasional Perfect Counter.
I kept Berserk and Warcry up, of course Impetus and Focus but sometimes I reached the end of the run that Impetus had barely ran out lmao.
Trusts used were Apururu, Ygnas, King of Hearts, Joachim, Qultada.

Really, wtf? Also shouldn't those slimes take more damage from Slashing than from Blunt?

I wanna try with my DNC now but I feel it's not gonna be faster than on MNK. If I could 3step on every target maybe, but cooldowns won't allow that.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 03:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Of course around 55 runs of Veridical Conflux #02 and got a SINGLE DROP, the lame cape, not the belt I'm after Q_Q

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 05:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Brah. There are bots that will kill leviathan, get a new ki, repeat 7 times then go cap merits.

Wouldn't really be any different than a salvage bot, and "investment" wouldn't be more than half a day worth of gil and a few hours.
By trinironnie 2019-10-16 15:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to set this up for two furrows ?

https://github.com/thatdumbguy/Furrow
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 15:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Something along the lines of removing any and everything related to "target 3"
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 15:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Why do I post in the wrong threads?

x)
First Page 2 3 ... 609 610 611 ... 836 837 838