Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 608 609 610 ... 831 832 833
By tyalangan 2019-10-12 09:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Cannot activate "The Moogle's Picnic!"

Background: Just finished all Mog Safe storage upgrades on one mule. Traded the beds to another mule to do the same. Started and completed "Give a Moogle a Break". Waited several days until Shrimp Lure appeared on AH and started "The Moogle's Picnic!". Placed Mahogany bed in Mog Safe but the Moogle will not start the cutscene or the quest. I have checked my fame in Bastok and Raboa and have Rank 9 fame. I have zoned in and out of my Mog house multiple times.

Does anyone know if there is a quest that blocks access to the Moogle quests? I am at a loss. I've done this on four other characters but this one isn't working.

Current "Other Areas" Quests:
"An Explorer's Footsteps"
"Uninvited Guests"
"VW Cp. #004..."
"Courtesy Crustacean"

Completed:
"Give a Moogle a Break"

EDIT - COMPLETED
For those who stumble upon the same issue the problem was my Well. I found ffxi wiki article stating furniture quests could interfere. Though none of the quests listed were active I removed each furniture one by one to see if any were the culprit. When I finally painstakingly removed all 80 storage items out and removed my Well from Mog House the moogle gave the text for the mahogany bed.

Hope this helps!
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-12 13:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Does anybody have experience with soloing Walk of Echoes' Veridical Conflux #02?
It's the one with all the slimes.

If anybody managed to solo it efficiently, surged version of course, with which jobs and which setup?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-12 14:17:19
Link | Citer | R

If I recall, I go COR, meleeing for TP and use Wildfire>Wildfire, only fighting the large slimes. The smaller ones that mull around the larger ones depop after the large one dies, and are just an annoyance.

I'll give it a whirl today and try to recall more specifics, haven't touched WoE since last campaign.

**********EDIT

Just ran it a few times. Leaden spam is much more effective than chaining Wildfire. Went from WF>WF doing 12k>12k>14k darkness to Leaden spam averaging around 32k per WS. Rolls were Samurai/Tacticians. Trusts were Apu,Byrgid,Star Sybil, Arciela (regular, she'll haste2 RNGs and CORs instead of flurry2), Joachim.

If you want, can let Tactician's ramp you up to 3k TP for the pull, and I was seeing Leaden numbers in the 54k range. Most Fire quickdraws were doing 5k+, and is a nice way to finish off a big slime if between WSs.

Its all damage on the larger slimes, and its basically a race not to die. After each big one dies, you have the chance to recover, resummon if needed. Could easily run with extra healers rather than seek to cap haste by getting rid of Joachim and replace him with another healer trust.

The Berry Slimes are complete annoyances, just be able to handle their low dmg hits in a DT set. They also won't take damage to physical hits or any kind of weaponskill. Quickdraw will damage them, but again, they're just a waste of time. I was getting hit on average 40-70dmg per. Take advantage of your temps, like Giant's Drink, etc. to give you some wiggle room. Kill the big slimes, and boom you're done.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By phunky 2019-10-12 18:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Does anybody have experience with soloing Walk of Echoes' Veridical Conflux #02?
It's the one with all the slimes.

If anybody managed to solo it efficiently, surged version of course, with which jobs and which setup?

I used to farm WOE quite a bit with dancer. For that conflux just pop a giants drink at the start, ignore the small fry and go straight for the big blob. 3/4 step with climatic rudra's ender should take off the majority of the big blobs hp. Rinse and repeat until they're dead. Pick support trusts that don't WS and mess up your SC.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-12 19:17:17
Link | Citer | R

I did that flux for the deeds on DRK (didn't even notice it was surged), and just popped Giant's Drink and my buffs and killed each of the bosses (ignoring the pets) in short order. None of them managed to break through Dread Spikes before they died (Fluid Toss did 2k without PDT gear and with Last Resort up, but my trusts healed it back up in short order).
By Mattelot 2019-10-12 21:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Good day.

I returned this year after a 7 year break. I've completed all quests and missions for many expansions but I want to work on Abyssea quests so I can fight Shinryu. Do I have to complete all Abyssea zone quests or just X amount to progress for Shinryu?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-10-12 22:06:46
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Abyssea_Storyline_Quests
By Pantafernando 2019-10-13 02:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Good day.

I returned this year after a 7 year break. I've completed all quests and missions for many expansions but I want to work on Abyssea quests so I can fight Shinryu. Do I have to complete all Abyssea zone quests or just X amount to progress for Shinryu?

Thanks in advance.

All zone bosses and all caturaes
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-13 18:02:29
Link | Citer | R

In the end I did the Walk of Echoes Veridical Conflux #02 as BLU/WAR with trusts.
Did around 20 runs, of course no drop yet lol.

I can kill everything in, I dunno, 7 mins? Less than 10 minutes for sure but I think it's somwhere around 7.
I'm not sure how to make it better.
You can't kill just the megaboss btw, you have to kill all the big Slimes.
Small slimes depop when u kill the big ones (they repop if you kill them before the big one is dead).

The Berry slime is immune to physical, I'm not sure how/when/where it pops but if it does you have to kill it with magic spells and/or Requiescat.

I've never died, played in my Hybrid build, used Giant drink/Wizard drink (they can get dispelled though), tried to keep Barrier Tusk, Nature's Meditation and Cocoon up most of the time, used Berserk and Warcry as much as I could, mostly spammed CDC to perform light SCs.
My CDC were hitting for, uhm, 23-25k?

I dunno, I'm pretty lost and open to suggestions.
My BLU is average at best, I've got other jobs with much better gear but I don't think any of those could perform better in this flux (BRD, GEO, RUN, DNC, MNK, RDM, NIN, SMN, SCH, PUP)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-10-13 19:11:21
Link | Citer | R

You can't kill just the megaboss btw, you have to kill all the big Slimes.
Small slimes depop when u kill the big ones (they repop if you kill them before the big one is dead).

Yeah what I was trying to convey- kill the big slime don't bother with its babies.
The Berry slime is immune to physical, I'm not sure how/when/where it pops but if it does you have to kill it with magic spells and/or Requiescat.

They give a "No effect" from Wildfire and Leaden Salute, but do take regular damage from Quickdraw. Dunno if that helps with determining what else would work on it.

I've never died, played in my Hybrid build, used Giant drink/Wizard drink (they can get dispelled though), tried to keep Barrier Tusk, Nature's Meditation and Cocoon up most of the time, used Berserk and Warcry as much as I could, mostly spammed CDC to perform light SCs.
My CDC were hitting for, uhm, 23-25k?

I dunno, I'm pretty lost and open to suggestions.
My BLU is average at best, I've got other jobs with much better gear but I don't think any of those could perform better in this flux (BRD, GEO, RUN, DNC, MNK, RDM, NIN, SMN, SCH, PUP)

I'd imagine RDM could be interesting with current enspell possibilities while retaining a lot of survivability.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-13 19:15:19
Link | Citer | R

I'd be more leaning towards RDM if I had more than 1/5 Malignance pieces lol, but I guess it could work well.

On BLU I find using Sudden Lunge at the right time can be a time saver though, if trusts die too often you lose a lot of DPS resummoning them.

It's honestly the reason why I was running with 2 trusts that can use Stun (Zeid2 and Fablinix).
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-14 00:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what that black box at the top left of my FFXI is from? A friend of mine said they see the same thing on their game as well.

[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-10-14 00:22:56
Link | Citer | R

great... now I can't unsee it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-14 00:29:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't have it, is it the edge of an addon that is mostly off screen maybe?
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-14 00:40:08
Link | Citer | R

It's from Guildwork.
 Lakshmi.Sleekmotorwurkz
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sleekmotorwurkz 2019-10-14 09:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,
Where is the best/latest source to get in-game marked maps?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-10-15 07:07:41
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adflictio

?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-15 07:39:49
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Is there a glow version of Anguta?

Aeonics don't have an Afterglow stage, if that's what you mean. The base weapons come at the "level" that REMs reach when upgraded to that point.

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 11:49:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to understand the augmented relic stuff.

I see that you can do a magian trial to augment the +2 version of your original relic gear for an augment but I don't see where to get these augments on the reforged relic gear.

Do you have to reforge an augmented piece or can you somehow augment a reforged piece?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 11:53:08
Link | Citer | R

The augment stays when you reforge.

If you skip the augment process to reforge, the reforge gets the augment automatically.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 11:58:44
Link | Citer | R

I see that you can do a magian trial to augment the +2 version of your original relic gear for an augment but I don't see where to get these augments on the reforged relic gear.

Do you have to reforge an augmented piece or can you somehow augment a reforged piece?

The original relic gear augment comes from inscribing the trial on gear and gaining exp in a specific dynamis zone.

With reforge process, augmenting your relic reduce a bit the chapters costs to reforge. But its totally not worth, better to just pay extra 5 chapters and skip entire process.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 12:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Just to make sure, but there isnt any shortcuts for escutcheon trial brass jadagna +1?

Farm jadagna -1 from trolls and desynth troll ingots from beastman junk? Is the assault drop rate any better than farming those mats to desynth?

Thanks in advance
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 12:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

The original relic gear augment comes from inscribing the trial on gear and gaining exp in a specific dynamis zone.

With reforge process, augmenting your relic reduce a bit the chapters costs to reforge. But its totally not worth, better to just pay extra 5 chapters and skip entire process.

I thought about that but isn't the drop rate for chapters... "not that great" compared to how many merits it costs to do the fight?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-10-15 12:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Just to make sure, but there isnt any shortcuts for escutcheon trial brass jadagna +1?

Farm jadagna -1 from trolls and desynth troll ingots from beastman junk? Is the assault drop rate any better than farming those mats to desynth?

Thanks in advance

No shortcuts, just a very ugly and painful grind. A lot of farming is needing. A lot. Worst RoE that I can remember for this step
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 12:10:47
Link | Citer | R

I thought about that but isn't the drop rate for chapters... "not that great" compared to how many merits it costs to do the fight?

You get like 3 for N? Something like that. Merits are disgustingly easy to get.

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Hi.

No shortcuts, just a very ugly and painful grind. A lot of farming is needing. A lot. Worst RoE that I can remember for this step

Auction House!
By Mattelot 2019-10-15 12:13:09
Link | Citer | R

I honestly thought it was less. I'll give it a go.

Thanks to you both.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 12:30:37
Link | Citer | R

The first reforge requires ch 1-5 and comes from sacred orb battle field.

The upgrade of reforge requires chapters from merit battlefield.
First Page 2 3 ... 608 609 610 ... 831 832 833