Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 568 569 570 ... 834 835 836
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-05 15:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I got a new monitor and have the same issue, haven't figured out why it crashes the game. Maybe something with G-sync?

Jetackuu said: »
Why? simple, you lose directx fullscreen mode when you disconnect a monitor.

He probably means when he powers his monitor off, which should not reset desktop like disconnecting one.

The catch is that displayport has a long standing bug where many devices will stop publishing EDID information when turned off. There are some awkward workarounds but it's been long ignored by microsoft and there's no perfect solution for most setups. People have written apps just to move your desktop icons back where they belong afterwards, because your resolution gets resized to default of 1024x768.

As far as just FFXI, dgvoodoo2 will stop the crashes though.
[+]
By Autocast 2018-11-05 20:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Any recommendations for fastest leveling path to use on a new character? Have other chars to PL with just obviously no mission progress/escha on the fresh char.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-05 20:17:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't think you need missions to get into zitah. Yep definitely don't or at least very little (my mules I didn't try are on the bees pollen mission)
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-11-05 22:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Does TH do anything for Non OU omen bosses. People claiming it reduces rare of scale in first slot.
By hobo 2018-11-06 00:11:08
Link | Citer | R

TH does not have any effect on what actually drops, just how much drops.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-06 00:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Instead of debating how and where and what TH works, just take TH to everything. There isn't much excuse to not have TH4 on every single job.

There are no downsides to tagging (anything) with TH. ((except inventory - 3~4 for TH DM augged gear))
By clearlyamule 2018-11-06 01:03:14
Link | Citer | R

What if Th increased chance to get 2nd scale...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-06 01:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Then 2 scales hit the ground instead of one.

What TH doesn't do is skew the rate of a shared slot item ie; Dring vs pixie

If 2nd scale shares a slot with body/neck/ring/etc, Th does nothing to increase or decrease either item (for that slot)'s chance.

ELI5; there's no chance of increasing TH lowering the drop rate of anything. At worst it's irrelevant, never a detriment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-06 03:43:58
Link | Citer | R

DM augs (from the campaign) Herc Valorous Merlinic etc
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-06 04:17:04
Link | Citer | R

There's also Taming sari, for the relevant jobs, and the jeuno divergence volte set.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-06 05:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Maybe a dumb question...

Does one-shorting a “yellow” mob prevent you from getting Treasure Hunter on it? Also, does one-shorting a yellow enemy in Escha-Ru’Aun prevent the corresponding Warder from spawning off that kill?

I’ve never seen a Warder spawn when I immediately WS an Eschan enemy before the name turns red. Granted, the spawn rate is awful sometimes, but my sample size is large enough that I'm superstitious about it at this point.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-06 06:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Weird things can/do happen when you do that, yes

I don't know the full scope of what/how etc but yeah, it can screw up drops, time extensions(dynamis), abyssea lights

You can still get a warder to pop as long as the nq mob aggroed though, I believe, even if you one shot it while yellow
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-11-06 09:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

If 2nd scale shares a slot with body/neck/ring/etc, Th does nothing to increase or decrease either item (for that slot)'s chance.

ELI5; there's no chance of increasing TH lowering the drop rate of anything. At worst it's irrelevant, never a detriment.

That's my understanding of TH and Boss usually gets tagged with some poverty level of TH(TH gear or lolBounty Shot) just dude keeps swearing thf TH improves drop rate of items in that slot. I assumed I was *** but wanted to check.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-11-06 09:29:29
Link | Citer | R

lolBountyShot sucks!
By clearlyamule 2018-11-06 10:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I maintain that SE specifically only gave us that example instead of saying that in general... to keep us still talking about it :)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-06 12:46:00
Link | Citer | R

So, for tenzen HTB, if you clip up, can you kill the tarus? Instead of bothering with sleeping them?
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-06 13:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Been a while since I did it, but I believe they take 0 damage from everything. I know I was hitting them with Silent Storm, I think to prevent the WHM from getting a quick Cure or something shitty like Slow/Paralyze off. The silence effect lands, but they take no damage.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-11-06 14:05:45
Link | Citer | R

They're annoying, each one resists something the other doesn't too. BLM will resist dark sleep, but 5 minute Silent Storm is usually all you need. WHM will resist silence, and RNG doesn't get impacted by it. Entomb and Dream Flower land on the RNG and WHM, but I think resists on the BLM. I've only seen them take 0 damage from anything, but supposedly you can make them stop doing stuff by targeting them with an attack.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-06 14:17:28
Link | Citer | R

bst Pets run off to them and attack them to no real effect other than eating up your timers when you don't notice and try to hit tenzen with something
By Pantafernando 2018-11-07 01:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Regarding the problem i had with my token in a mule account, i noticed ive been not receiving any mail from SE.

For example, i didnt receive first mail with pass to register the token (though at that time my mail account was inactive so it was expected), the second mail to register the token (now the mail was active), the mail with the link to change my mail address to another mail (neither my current nor the future mail address received any mail) and finally once i sent a request to SE suport to fix this issue i also didnt receive any confirmation that my inquire was sent so i dont think i will also get an answer in any mail.

Anyone had this same problem? If so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-11-07 16:03:58
Link | Citer | R

When's iLevel Thaumas Coat?
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-11-07 22:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I got a new monitor and have the same issue, haven't figured out why it crashes the game. Maybe something with G-sync?

He probably means when he powers his monitor off, which should not reset desktop like disconnecting one.

The catch is that displayport has a long standing bug where many devices will stop publishing EDID information when turned off. There are some awkward workarounds but it's been long ignored by microsoft and there's no perfect solution for most setups. People have written apps just to move your desktop icons back where they belong afterwards, because your resolution gets resized to default of 1024x768.

Yep that's what I meant and yep dgvoodoo2 fixed it all.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-07 22:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
By Afania 2018-11-07 23:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

When you win a DM lottery.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-08 01:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I wouldn't call "working as intended" a bug. Windows poorly handles multiple monitors, especially when disconnected them and when you do disconnect one (whether by physically or by turning off a monitor that has the "feature" it will behave that way.

Virtualizing your gpu for the game is a pretty good method around it.

If you don't want your desktop icons reorganized then I'd suggest not having any like I do, or use something like Fences.

edit: if you have an lolamd gpu then you can apparently disable ddc via the registry /shrug.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-08 10:04:51
Link | Citer | R

Can anybody enlighten me on the Physical Damage Limit thing found on most JSE divergence necks?
Have we reached a consensus on what it does?

I remember some pretty accurate tests by Byrth early on which were clearly hinting at an increase of the pDIF cap.

But then some time ago Katriina posted some data in the DNC thread which were hinting to a damage bonus based on a proc rate, that procs on WS too, and that doubles (or multiplies, whatever) your physical damage on your current target.

So... what is real here? Is it a proc based damage bonus? Is it a fixed pDIF increase? Or what else?
By volkom 2018-11-08 10:06:53
Link | Citer | R

should i spend my vouchers for mars or venus orbs.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-08 10:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Yes
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-08 10:37:39
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't call "working as intended" a bug. Windows poorly handles multiple monitors, especially when disconnected them and when you do disconnect one (whether by physically or by turning off a monitor that has the "feature" it will behave that way.

The EDID information should still be published while the monitor is switched off. Any VGA, DVI, or HDMI device intended to be used as a computer monitor will continue to use a miniscule amount of electricity to publish EDID once switched off, so that the desktop area is known to the computer even though the backlight and all other electricity use by the device has ceased. This is the intended function, and how it's been for a long time. You should not feel obligated to leave your monitor on 24/7 or use a screensaver just to maintain your desktop layout.

Most televisions and displayport monitors do not handle this properly, there are attempted fixes from many sources including GPU manufacturers. There's some amount of ambiguity about it, sure, but I think it's pretty hard to argue that it is 'working as intended'.

Finally, and maybe most importantly:

VESA's DDC spec(the underlying guidelines for all monitor<>gpu communication) specifically requires a +5v rail up to 50 milliamps to power EDID even when the monitor is turned off.

Yes, losing EDID when you actually unplug or disconnect your monitor is normal behavior. However, by the exact standard outlining the communication protocol, powering the monitor off should NOT do that.
First Page 2 3 ... 568 569 570 ... 834 835 836