Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 567 568 569 ... 837 838 839
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-31 01:39:14
Link | Citer | R

I'd just grab some merlinic gear and toss pellucids at them as a short term solution. But amalric/+1 serves BLM pretty well, which SMN can also use.
By Autocast 2018-10-31 11:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a list of mob stats (eva, defense, agi, ect) for any higher level escha/reisenjima mobs? Just looking to add some semi relevant mobs to spreadsheet and cant find any.

I know the dancer sheet has some mobs like apex and WoC, but the stats dont seem to be updated to account for the most "recent" combat skill nerf they did in the past.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-01 01:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, neither of those are easy to get but thanks.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-01 02:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Hagondes is not so bad but if you’re that limited in gear scope I would just grind it out instead of spending time farming gear.

Cehuetzi snowcone gives mab. Aurorastorm and obi should help too.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-01 03:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Just can't kill the mobs to get the drops, makes it moderately difficult.

Ohh food and aurastorm, ok yeah that should do it.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-11-01 19:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Autocast said: »
Anyone have a list of mob stats (eva, defense, agi, ect) for any higher level escha/reisenjima mobs? Just looking to add some semi relevant mobs to spreadsheet and cant find any.

I know the dancer sheet has some mobs like apex and WoC, but the stats dont seem to be updated to account for the most "recent" combat skill nerf they did in the past.

I was just looking around for same thing, also if anyone had int/MDB levels of mobs apex or higher?
By Pantafernando 2018-11-03 22:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Im interested in purchasing mog satchel but i really dont want to permanently add security stuff on my login as they tend to generate more problems than benefit.

That said is there any easy walkthrough how to do that? As i cant find the button where they ask my cash to give me the satchel.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-03 23:14:30
Link | Citer | R

You can grab the app on your phone, then deactivate it after you register it

(for free)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 01:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Why is there maint 11/5?

Update is 11/9 login reset is 11/9 what's going on?

Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 5, 6)

At the following time, we will be performing server maintenance for FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 5, 2018 21:00 to Nov. 6, 2018 00:00 (PST)
Nov. 6, 2018 5:00 to 8:00 (GMT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for Friday, November 9.

Quote:
Campaign and Point Exchange Periods
Friday, November 9
, at 6:00 a.m. (PST)
By clearlyamule 2018-11-04 01:31:17
Link | Citer | R

The answer to your question is the very next part of the announcement quoted that you missed. Full annoucement

Quote:
All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 5, 6)
At the following time, we will be performing server maintenance for FINAL FANTASY XI. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 5, 2018 21:00 to Nov. 6, 2018 00:00 (PST)
Nov. 6, 2018 5:00 to 8:00 (GMT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Details]
Exchanging server equipment

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 01:32:10
Link | Citer | R

They already did that twice.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-04 01:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Look here Mr. you asked for the reason and got it!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 01:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough. Who's ready for some more "DDoS"

During Gain-Money again too, thanks Obama.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 08:47:22
Link | Citer | R

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=66681&id=496&la=1

Quote:
How do I register the Software Token?

To download a SQUARE ENIX Software Token to register to your SQUARE ENIX Account, you will need to complete the following procedure:

1) Log on the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System (http://account.square-enix.com).

2) Under the "Services and Options" section, click on "One-Time Password”.

3) Select ‘Adjust Software Token Settings’.

4) Select ‘Software Token Registration’.

5) Choose iOS or Android depending on your smartphone preferences. This will take you to the application pages for the OS of your choice. Install the Software Token here through your respective OS’ stores (Apple Store for iOS and Google Play for Android). Do NOT close the app page.

6) After the app is installed/downloaded, select ‘Next’.

7) Enter your Secret Question & Answer.

8) Read the SQUARE ENIX Software Token User Agreement and then select ‘Send Email’. You will receive a registration password.

9) Confirm the registration password once an email is sent to the registered email address. The registration password will become invalid after 60 minutes.

10) Activate the Software Token application, and then enter your SQUARE ENIX ID, date of birth, and registration password.

11) delete the *** thing cause no one cares about hacking an ffxi account and it's an irritation
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-04 10:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Really? There's someone that I know of got hacked and lost all gil/currency in late 2016 and there were less rmt at that time.

Did hackers suddenly all disappear in just 2 years?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-04 11:08:33
Link | Citer | R

'hackers' and traditional rmt are different for the most part, hackers don't need to be invested in a game to be effective, they get big chunks of value they can dump quickly.. they will target the newest and most popular games, bank info, etc..

a wide reaching logger could still grab xi info, but nobody is specifically going around xi forums trying to get you to dl their crappy keylogger because xi isn't big enough to be a worthwhile target.. the more people playing/reading the forums the more likely someone will be stupid enough to grab your bs
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-11-04 22:03:39
Link | Citer | R

I recently bought a new PC to be my main FFXI machine and have it hooked up to my TV via HDMI cable. How would I go about keeping the game from crashing every time I shut the TV off?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-04 22:52:04
Link | Citer | R

That's how mine is set up, never crashes on tv power off. Do you have power saving options on, like screen saver? that crashes it.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-11-05 00:38:51
Link | Citer | R

It will go into screensaver mode, but that doesn't crash the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-11-05 01:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
hooked up to my TV via HDMI cable. How would I go about keeping the game from crashing every time I shut the TV off?
Just leave the TV on, problem fixxed :D. I had the exact same problem, using same TV and vga cable- can turn the TV off and game is fine. Upgraded some things, using an HDMI cable and...yes it crashes game when TV off. HDMI is just a ***, I have to turn on/off components a few times to get the handshake to sync right through a high end yamaha receiver. MEH. Try different types of connections if able.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By geigei 2018-11-05 01:49:02
Link | Citer | R

How would I go about keeping the game from crashing every time I shut the TV off?
Use ashita instead of windower, no more crash.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-05 03:55:44
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I had the same issue when turning monitor off but since using dgVoodoo it is no longer an issue. Might work for TVs too.
It worked for my TV for sure, not sure about every TV
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-05 04:37:11
Link | Citer | R

The problem without software or hardware is that display port always (it's in the spec and required on) and hdmi (in spec but up to the manufacturer if on or off) is that it it acts like a hot swap device and disconnects (acts like it isn't there) when the monitor turns off. If there is no monitor Windows by default does "strange" stuff.

BTW some devices let you change the default properties in settings.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-05 14:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=66681&id=496&la=1

Quote:
How do I register the Software Token?

To download a SQUARE ENIX Software Token to register to your SQUARE ENIX Account, you will need to complete the following procedure:

1) Log on the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System (http://account.square-enix.com).

2) Under the "Services and Options" section, click on "One-Time Password”.

3) Select ‘Adjust Software Token Settings’.

4) Select ‘Software Token Registration’.

5) Choose iOS or Android depending on your smartphone preferences. This will take you to the application pages for the OS of your choice. Install the Software Token here through your respective OS’ stores (Apple Store for iOS and Google Play for Android). Do NOT close the app page.

6) After the app is installed/downloaded, select ‘Next’.

7) Enter your Secret Question & Answer.

8) Read the SQUARE ENIX Software Token User Agreement and then select ‘Send Email’. You will receive a registration password.

9) Confirm the registration password once an email is sent to the registered email address. The registration password will become invalid after 60 minutes.

10) Activate the Software Token application, and then enter your SQUARE ENIX ID, date of birth, and registration password.

11) delete the *** thing cause no one cares about hacking an ffxi account and it's an irritation

Just things i noticed, before deleting the app, make sure to log in the account first (it will need the one time pass generated by the app) then wait a few mins till the satchet is unlocked (if you log as soon as you finish the token procedure it wont be there).

Then reenter the login account inputing the security pass generated and redo steps 1 to 3. It will show the option to remove the token after asking the token serial number (found inside pwn app) plus another security pass generated). Just then its safe to delete the app.

A thnig i noticed is make sure your email that received the registration number is operational. My email was an old hotmail that for any reason didnt receive any mail prior to that login. When i tried to resend the email with the code, the site said it would resend just after 24h. So make sure your email is ok before starting all this procedure.
By Draylo 2018-11-05 15:05:59
Link | Citer | R

I got a new monitor and have the same issue, haven't figured out why it crashes the game. Maybe something with G-sync?
By Jetackuu 2018-11-05 15:31:52
Link | Citer | R

I recently bought a new PC to be my main FFXI machine and have it hooked up to my TV via HDMI cable. How would I go about keeping the game from crashing every time I shut the TV off?

Working as intended for your setup/device.

Either virtualize your GPU via dgvoodoo or run the game entirely in a VM or don't turn off the screen. It's unlikely you can turn off the setting on the screen.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-05 15:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I got a new monitor and have the same issue, haven't figured out why it crashes the game. Maybe something with G-sync?
Why? simple, you lose directx fullscreen mode when you disconnect a monitor.
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-05 15:36:30
Link | Citer | R

THF question:

Aneaus is the best dagger. Is twashtar in off hand worth going after once Aneaus is obtained? I assume I'll just be marginally improved, which imo, wouldn't be worth it.
First Page 2 3 ... 567 568 569 ... 837 838 839