First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 08:50:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I found the UltimatePay easy too, although the cards are almost impossible to get in the EU, but luckily they accept PayPal. From start to finish it's probably quicker to pay for your FFXI subscription using UltimatePay than it was via POL, unless you had it setup via direct debit.

Ultimatepay would let you "buy" cards from them as well but i Chose to just attach my paypal to them and have SE "debit" my ultimatepay account (thus coming right out of my paypal and one of my checking accounts). My paypal account is a verified buyer/seller and comes with a certain amount of "insurance" that paypal provides against fraud, which i like.

You can also give crysta as a gift if i'm not mistaken, so if you have someone online you know, you could pay through them and reimburse them later.
By Nevill 2011-07-28 08:51:38
Link | Citer | R

How long will I be before I can reactivate my brother's character?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 09:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Bought my first Crysta!
Used Paypal to do so, which is definitely safe. I don't like the random amount I have to buy, but heh, it's ok I guess.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 09:19:42
Link | Citer | R

But I have a question:
Under Services and Options there's "Active options" with a box next to the character name, what does checkin/unchecking the box do?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 09:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
But I have a question: Under Services and Options there's "Active options" with a box next to the character name, what does checkin/unchecking the box do?

Doesn't pay the content ID fee for the next month ie - cancel.
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-07-28 09:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Being able to use paypal is a godsend...

Now I have to remind myself to actually buy crysta unlike how i just use to forget bout it.

Seriously SE Clickandpay.. Um... no!
 Asura.Katianna
Serveur: Asura
user: Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok Im a total blond here Ashman, but if I wanted to go to Gamestop and buy some cards for a friend, which ones would I buy? I have a bad habit of buying the wrong thing sometime so I'm going to ask you guys and put a postie on my debit card to make sure I get the right thing.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 10:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
Ok Im a total blond here Ashman .

I'm and gentleman and a Gemini, nice you meet you ;3

Asura.Katianna said:
Ok Im a total blond here Ashman, but if I wanted to go to Gamestop and buy some cards for a friend, which ones would I buy? I have a bad habit of buying the wrong thing sometime so I'm going to ask you guys and put a postie on my debit card to make sure I get the right thing.

look for this toolbox with the flaming hair.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 10:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
Ok Im a total blond here
WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!? >:O
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Nice to meet you too :-) And Im a cancer child haha

Ah ok, I think my gamestop has those.....maybe. The selection of games and gamer gear here is lackluster, since it's a pretty rural area. Gotta love Ohio *insert annoying face here* I'm gonna call and ask first before I make a trip out there. Any chance of these being bought online?
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:
Ok Im a total blond here
WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!? >:O
Hey can I not make fun of myself? lol
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 10:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
Any chance of these being bought online?
They don't exist here either, so I just bought the crysta using paypal.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 10:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
Nice to meet you too :-) And Im a cancer child haha Ah ok, I think my gamestop has those.....maybe. The selection of games and gamer gear here is lackluster, since it's a pretty rural area. Gotta love Ohio *insert annoying face here* I'm gonna call and ask first before I make a trip out there. Any chance of these being bought online?

Walmart also usually carries them (not implying anything). Also, I am from MI and we can no longer be friends. (jk)
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:
Well guess what.... the gamestop here does not carry them what is up with that? Looks like Im heading south to Columbus or North to Cleveland to find em *angry face*
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:21:59
Link | Citer | R

psssssssssssh lol I don't cheer for OSU... I'm an SEC baby so we cool ^^ and ty I will check Walmart.
 Unicorn.Meekon
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Meekon
By Unicorn.Meekon 2011-07-28 10:25:27
Link | Citer | R

If you use Click and Buy do not load it with funds.

To the poster on page 2 that put £20 in, just remove that now or it will cost you more in the long run.

The FF11 subscription will come out of your prefered payment method, Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Account (whatever you set up).

To the poster writing the second most common search in Google for C&B is 'Click & Buy Scam', it is a page on how some WoW users got caught out by Phishing emails.

C&B for all intents and purposes is the same as PayPal. Possibly, it suits SE more than PP because of the ability for them to easily change the sub price and bill different amounts for expansions?
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 10:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:

If you a game store to begin with how can you not sell them? lol.. thats one of those "Here's your sign" moments
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 14:37:45
Link | Citer | R

wanted to bring this post to people's attention if you planned to do subscription through click and buy

Bayohne said:
We are working to add new knowledge base articles to our FINAL FANTASY XI Support Center to try and address questions we're seeing in the forums.

Will customers who pay via ClickandBuy be subject to any additional fees?
No, customers who have chosen ClickandBuy as their payment method will NOT incur any additional fees when paying for subscriptions.

However, if a customer chooses to store funds within their ClickandBuy E-Money Account (this is not required for SQUARE ENIX customers), they may incur the following fees:

Account Funding Fee
3.9% of any transaction into your ClickandBuy E-Money Account when using a credit card.
Withdrawal Handling Fee
$2.75 per withdrawal from your ClickandBuy E-Money Account
Maintenance Fee
$1.50 per month if a ClickandBuy E-Money Account has been inactive for 12 months and contains funds.

These fees can only be incurred when utilizing a ClickandBuy E-Money Account, and are not applicable to customers who only use ClickandBuy to pay for their subscriptions. For additional details on ClickandBuy E-Money Accounts, please visit the ClickandBuy website at http://clickandbuy.com/US_en/.
think i just saw someone say the same thing, but if you use clickandbuy, use the subscription option and you will NOT get charged extra.

ALSO please go here to get a lot of questions answered
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 14:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:

If you a game store to begin with how can you not sell them? lol.. thats one of those "Here's your sign" moments
Don't know what you mean. They don't have them in Italy.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 14:49:18
Link | Citer | R

for the lazy, here is the FAQ released, i really recommend reading it if you have questions.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-07-28 15:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't joining CnB though the SE menu automatically do that? I think it dose as the email I got had:

This is to confirm that you have authorized SQUARE ENIX to debit your ClickandBuy account automatically using our Easy Collect method when you make purchases through Square Enix Account Management System.

We will notify you by email each time you make an Easy Collect purchase.

----

So on buying add ons & such it goes though it I guess, maybe its not so bad as ppl make it out to be, that also means no more fumbling for 30+ mins cause I can't remember my pol email account, so seeing no flashing envelope ether~
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-07-28 15:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what happened to country specific payment methods ?
In Germany we can pay via "electronic cash" for like 2-3 years now because credit cards are not that much used here.

So back then SE added this option especially for german players.
Now in the SE Account payment site stuff there is only credit card and crysta.
If i now chose credit card, fill out everything but in pol is still electronic cash as payment method...do i get double billed or waht !?

I feel this might be able to breaks SE's necks. German players with no credidt card or crysta ***, mainly using eC cant play this game anymore and become mad > SE losing lots FFXI players.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 15:47:43
Link | Citer | R

well if you have the game linked to SE account, then POL should be doing basically nothing now aside from letting you login. so the electronic cash payment shouldn't charge you...

though i didn't know that about German payment, hope things can be done for that :/ JP payment options are already different from the others, seems like they could at least accommodate each country with the larger player bases (US/canada/england, Germany, and France) with their own best payment choices...

though because all this payment stuff wasn't touched upon much when XIV was released (no one had to pay) SE never really got an impact on how it would all go. Now that hundreds of thousands of people will have to use this system, i would think/hope they may adjust things to not lose customers.
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 15:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Artemicion said:
Before I jump into this with potential regrets and headaches, would anyone care to paraphrase and give the lowdown on payment options we have now? And from the sound of things, I'd sooner gouge my eyes out with a spork than give any of my information, let alone credit card info to ClickAndPay/PayPal. Hopefully there are retail game cards out there that are valid for Crysta, even if it doesn't come to an equal amount.

Paypal is extremely secure. I wouldn't group it with any other online payment service, let alone ClickandPay.

Your options are essentially clickandpay, or ultimatepay. I have no idea how click works so I can't speak for that, but ultimatepay was simple. I tied my paypal account to a new ultimatepay account last night and EASILY popped a month's worth of crysta into the SE account. I also purchased an ultimatepay card for another month worth. I had stopped at the local gamestop to pick one up (to see how simple it would be) and signed in. It's extremely easy. You type in an email and a scratch off pin on the ultimatepay card and you get the credit.

The transfer process was very easy as well. Aside from taking 30 mins to remember the POL password i never use, it was probably 15 mins of work at most. Now I have the reassurance of knowing that my monthly fee's will be paid for with a verified and safer service thanks to my paypal account, and HOPEFULLY, i can stop fretting over whehter I'll ever get LM-17'ed due to POL billing issues.

I'm not saying everyone is going to have a problemless transfer. Yesterday I was the "I hate change and this will suck like everything else SE does" jaded gamer and I wanted to offer a ray of hope for anyone who is still in that boat.

*edit* for those in the states: ultimatepay really is like..... everywhere (in MI at least). they have them at my local best buy, 7-11 store, gamestop, gas stations etc. I'm seeing that *** little doucher with the flame hair everywhere now.

Thanks for the lowdown. However either way seems like quite a bit of jumping through hoops.
I currently do not possess a PayPal account, but from the looks of it, for the most security I will need to set up both a paypal account and ultimate pay. Unless I have the option of getting those ultimate gamer cards with the flaming hair dude and just use that to transfer Crysta to my account?

Pardon my ignorance, but I was one of the many blissful consumers that simply had to enter the CC number for SE and just keep playing.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 16:03:10
Link | Citer | R

you don't actually need an ultimate pay account. when you go to the SE account site and chose to buy crysta, you click ultimate pay then it opens 2 tabs. one to access your paypal, then the next to enter a game card code. so its actually a lot more direct than you'd think.

though if you feel ok with clickandbuy, you can keep the same old billing every month straight from your card method, and it charges the exact fee with no extra fees at all.
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 16:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Think I might be using game cards from now on, even if they're not in perfect amounts for standardized payments.
The less my credit/debit card is involved, the better. Especially when there's more than one company involved for passing over payments.
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 16:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:

Don't know what you mean. They don't have them in Italy.

They have two Gamestop stores near me.. and neither of them had them, or carried them, according to the person I talked to on the phone. that really didn't make sense to me. You sell games, you sell cards for WoW, and any other game on the planet.. yet you don't carry these cards.. Totally makes no sense that you do not have those cards in stock. Then again it could just be a noob employee who was too lazy to get up from behind the counter to go look. I may have to leave the confines of my cozy air conditioned house and go there and find out for myself- or go to wal-mart (which is a fabulous idea too lol)

I'm kinda iffy on paypal. Had a bad experience on ebay buying something and I never got a refund on something that was never delivered to me (for a good amount of money to boot); so I really would rather not use it so Im gonna try the Crook-n-buy system for a month or two and see where it leads and since I was about to use the verified by visa bit, I think it should be ok since my bank is pretty good about protecting my account.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-28 16:41:45
Link | Citer | R

You know, when I was a kid, and you wanted something that someone was selling, you gave them money, and you got the thing.
[+]
 Asura.Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 16:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
You know, when I was a kid, and you wanted something that someone was selling, you gave them money, and you got the thing.

Then you grew up, as did they, then you paid for what they had, they took your money, kept what you wanted... and said " Thank you haha have a nice day!"
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-28 16:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katianna said:
I'm kinda iffy on paypal. Had a bad experience on ebay buying something and I never got a refund on something that was never delivered to me (for a good amount of money to boot)
I'd say this is a fraud from the seller, nothing to do with PP. But then again I don't have much info about it.

All I can say is everyone in my family and not uses PayPal for online transactions and is supersafe and never had any kind of problems with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10