FFXI can now be paid via crysta
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Rosamire
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Nikochan
By Valefor.Rosamire 2011-07-27 04:25:34
Link | Citer | R

I haven't dealt with anything negative from ClickandBuy but it is a small pain that I have to transfer my account now.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 04:32:19
Link | Citer | R

how much crysta/month is xi?

I'd assume its cheaper than outright paying for xi? (If not then whats the point)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-27 04:41:00
Link | Citer | R

same price. at first it looked more expensive since your main character isn't considered a basic service, but the basic service charge is 1$ less than FFXI used to cost with no mules.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 04:42:35
Link | Citer | R

why the *** would I buy their dumb crysta then lol. fk that
By Quiznor 2011-07-27 04:44:28
Link | Citer | R

This whole thing is such a pain.I'm trying to follow SE's guide step by step,with pictures and everything,only problem is,almost all of my screens have different options/less options than their SS's! I got through most of it,but now I'm having problems logging into FFXI with my SE account,my password is definitely right,case sensitive and all,because I just changed it a few days ago because I forgot the passwordm and everything.Think I'm about 0/30 logging in with the exact right info now
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-27 04:45:56
Link | Citer | R

at least we get a free chocobo stick. :\
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-27 04:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
at least we get a free chocobo stick. :\
Tastes like chicken.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 04:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
there is absolutely no reason to if you have easy access to a credit card. the main point of it is so people can buy game cards at stores, then get crysta with them online, thus never using a credit card. but otherwise, yea, it'd be pointless to use your credit card to pay for crysta, to pay for XI XD
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-07-27 05:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
This whole thing sounds like a load of headaches :/
Yeah...
Anytime I've had even the smallest payment issue with XI its lead to frustrating phone calls
and sometimes days/week locked out.

I'm not trying to yell fire cause I haven't gone through the process yet
but I do indeed expect headaches.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emerican
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Emerican
By Lakshmi.Emerican 2011-07-27 05:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
there is absolutely no reason to if you have easy access to a credit card. the main point of it is so people can buy game cards at stores, then get crysta with them online, thus never using a credit card. but otherwise, yea, it'd be pointless to use your credit card to pay for crysta, to pay for XI XD

It's not pointless....I can buy months of XI in advance rather then having my credit card billed monthly. I prefer to actually pay this way since it's one less monthly bill I have to worry about. Only thing I do wish they would do is a discount for buying bulk of Crysta. I think a 10% discount for buying 100 would be awesome.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 05:01:46
Link | Citer | R

they should make a hat that gives your character a mustache...

and yea i guess i should have said that better about crysta, i mean it would be pointless to buy a months worth everytime and use that. but i can see how stocking up could be handy
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 05:02:21
Link | Citer | R

So, basically for people with poor money management skills?

I don't see the advantage to buying months in advance over just leaving the money in your account, unless you just suck at balancing a check book or something @.@
 Cerberus.Sonoma
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sonoma76
By Cerberus.Sonoma 2011-07-27 05:03:29
Link | Citer | R

This might not be the place to ask this but oh well:

I made an SE Account and was going to transfer my FFXI/POL Account to my SE Account like they want but, 1.) it tells me this months billing cycle hasn't gone through yet, and that I have to wait till next month. And more importantly: 2.) I need my FFXI/POL Codes??

Need I worry about this or what? I started this game in 04' and have moved more times then I should really get into here, but more importantly I started on PC then went to PS2, then to PS3 and now back to PC. I have no clue where my original Codes are for this.....

Any input here I would very much appreciate in advance... As now I'm stressing hard core... lol.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-27 05:05:13
Link | Citer | R

You can also buy crysta in from of game cards like many other online games have.

So basically, someone can buy you a game card as a present.
 Odin.Maddii
Serveur: Odin
user: Maddi
By Odin.Maddii 2011-07-27 05:09:12
Link | Citer | R

ok, well apart from that theres no advantage whatsoever behind this. why did they have to make it complicated like rocket science???

also, what really bugs me, in my SE account, they only, very very "vaguely" show me that i currently have chosen credit card as payment method but no details.

to see details, i have to go to the click and buy website and login there.

when i wanna "actualize" my payment method, i only can choose between credit card and crysta - whats there to actualize about?

if, for instance, i wanted to actualize by credit card cause the old one expired in POL viewer, i had simply enter a new one, took me a bout 5 minutes. here its even more complicated. and as much options and links and stuff there is, you never can be too sure if everything is registered correctly.

i just wanna play and not deal with such sh*****
By Quiznor 2011-07-27 05:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Joy,yet another problem.I double checked that I wanted to pay by click and buy with a credit card,and now suddenly SE account has me down for crysta =\ wtf SE are you trying to make me quit??? To make it worse,my transfer from POL to SE is "in progress" so I cant even try and edit anything.I assume I can change it once its transferred? God this ***is so uneeded and more frustrating than building a damn ochain
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emerican
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Emerican
By Lakshmi.Emerican 2011-07-27 05:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I don't see the advantage to buying months in advance over just leaving the money in your account, unless you just suck at balancing a check book or something @.@

Or someone who goes outta state for school and has no income during the college year maybe? =P.
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 05:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

You can receive Crysta as a gift.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-27 05:12:01
Link | Citer | R

These changes worry me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-07-27 05:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
This changes worry me.

It worries a lot of users, I believe. If syncing up XI with ClickandBuy payment installments makes my bank freeze my card again, I may seriously consider quitting. My possible actions are really extreme and QQ territory, I know.
 Leviathan.Narshe
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 05:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Just switched to C&B, everything went smooth so I hope it stays this way. (I kinda have a bad feeling I'll get double charged at the end of this month.) I haven't had any issues with c&b.. I bought Crysta with them 2 months ago to donate.. lets hope it stays that way. :/
 Leviathan.Sylar
user: Gojiras
By Leviathan.Sylar 2011-07-27 05:47:00
Link | Citer | R

You can also buy crysta if you're unable to use ClickAndBuy because of that idiotic SecureCode crap. As someone who uses a small bank that barely even has online banking yet, it's a nice option to have.

UltimatePay apparently is a medium between Square Enix and Paypal, so if you have a Paypal account you can use it to buy crysta through UltimatePay. I just did it and it was easy. I'm more comfortable using Paypal then some other site I've never even heard of until SE started talking about it, especially if it apparently has a seedy reputation. Paypal might be a pain in the *** but I'd rather deal with a pain in the *** I'm accustomed to.

It's kind of annoying that they still deal in odd amounts (1295 crysta a month, for example) when you can only buy it in preset amounts (like 1000 or 500), so no matter what you're going to have weird amounts of crysta in your account and it requires multiple transactions to pay for just one month. You couldn't have added the option to just buy 1295 crysta when you did this, guys?
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 05:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sylar said:
You couldn't have added the otpion to just buy 1295 crysta when you did this, guys?
You know the answer to this. :P SE is the biggest troll out there.
 Valefor.Forgotten
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-07-27 06:11:09
Link | Citer | R

I tried to get clickandbuy set up ahead of time a few weeks back. Took them all of 5 minutes to start BS on me which resulted in learning 1st hand just how bad customer service can get. Closed that account, and never touching that company again.

Paypal screwed me years ago, can't use them. Gamer cards aren't sold near me, and I learned the hard way that buying ultimate points online from playspan is not without its own problems (they will never ever under any circumstances update your contact info...Allowing a compromised or lost email to cause major problems).

I hope none of you go through the bs I went through and paypal/gamer cards work out for you all, but this finalized a decision I've been putting off for to long. I'd had increasingly less and less time available to even log in, and most of that was just to use it as an instant messenger to friends who still play and won't pull themselves away from the game long enough to chat outside of XI. My FFXI days are now over. Have fun while you still can folks, someday all you'll have of the game is memories - try and make them good ones!

/wave to friends on Quetzalcoatl and Valefor that still play.

p.s.
Thank you everyone that joined that lolshouted Jormy run.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-27 06:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Stop scaring me people! ; ;
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-07-27 06:17:38
Link | Citer | R

I feel like I should have a disclaimer or something...Sorry to scare anybody about the new payment procerss. Uhh "results not typical"? I have rotten luck. And somehow manage to always get whoever the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE employee on the payroll is when I need assistance.

I'm a little sad that I didn't decided to quit so much as decide dealing with it just wasn't worth the continued hassle. Only a few weeks ago I thought it'd be hard to give up my SE owned pixels.
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 06:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Forgotten said:
I tried to get clickandbuy set up ahead of time a few weeks back. Took them all of 5 minutes to start BS on me which resulted in learning 1st hand just how bad customer service can get. Closed that account, and never touching that company again.

Paypal screwed me years ago, can't use them. Gamer cards aren't sold near me, and I learned the hard way that buying ultimate points online from playspan is not without its own problems (they will never ever under any circumstances update your contact info...Allowing a compromised or lost email to cause major problems).

I hope none of you go through the bs I went through and paypal/gamer cards work out for you all, but this finalized a decision I've been putting off for to long. I'd had increasingly less and less time available to even log in, and most of that was just to use it as an instant messenger to friends who still play and won't pull themselves away from the game long enough to chat outside of XI. My FFXI days are now over. Have fun while you still can folks, someday all you'll have of the game is memories - try and make them good ones!

/wave to friends on Quetzalcoatl and Valefor that still play.
If you want to play this game, its pretty much a given that you're going to have billing issues. Hopefully this change fixes most of them. You'll be back, they always come back. Best way to stay away is log on now while you can, drop everything, and then delete your character. (though it only takes a week or so to get back everything..)
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-07-27 06:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you want to play this game, its pretty much a given that you're going to have billing issues. Hopefully this change fixes most of them. You'll be back, they always come back. Best way to stay away is log on now while you can, drop everything, and then delete your character. (though it only takes a week or so to get back everything..)
It would take a good number of old friends (real life) telling me they were also going back, to get me to consider it. Even then, I haven't really been trying to play much for a long while now, this just pushed me to leave sooner rather than later.

POL billing sucked, but this isn't much of an improvement - SE sucked at it, and is now making it a 3rd parties problem because so many banks don't even want to do business with them anymore. Their practices have always been sloppy at best. Yeah they fixed problems doing this, and made new ones to. Same old SE, its always going to be something. I just got tired of trying for a game I only half halfheartedly play at this point.

Have fun those of you logging in today, I'm outa here till I'm bored enough to visit the offtopic forums here.
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 06:38:40
Link | Citer | R

Don't let the door hit your ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10