FFXI can now be paid via crysta
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 02:54:10
Link | Citer | R

was working on the transfer process to SE account and noticed you can now pay for XI via crysta on a monthly bases. I find this interesting because crysta can be bought with game cards you find at your local gamestop/walgreens or whatever. Perhaps this may attract more people to the game?

i know a lot of people that look away from this game simply because they don't want to use a credit card, and it has been a very large selling point for WoW. Anyone gonna start using crysta to pay? just wondered what everyone's opinions were on this
[+]
By Lieniite 2011-07-27 02:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Do we have to use crysta now or is the debit from a credit card still ok?
By Artemicion 2011-07-27 02:59:13
Link | Citer | R

I hope they'll sell bulk Crysta for a discount.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 02:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said:
was working on the transfer process to SE account and noticed you can now pay for XI via crysta on a monthly bases. I find this interesting because crysta can be bought with game cards you find at your local gamestop/walgreens or whatever. Perhaps this may attract more people to the game?

i know a lot of people that look away from this game simply because they don't want to use a credit card, and it has been a very large selling point for WoW. Anyone gonna start using crysta to pay? just wondered what everyone's opinions were on this
Inc wave of 12 year olds?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Lieniite said:
credit/debit is still good, though you have to set up your info with the clickandbuy thing, which is easy to do
By Lieniite 2011-07-27 03:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to be a pain but do i have to add money to my click and buy account or is it just debited through them via my card?
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:14:51
Link | Citer | R

and lol, wont let me transfer my account til this months billing cycle is over... then why release this all today? >.> and i don't think buying crysta in bulk like that would be an option... most you can even get at once is $100 worth, BUT in the XIV billing info, it shows how you can pay for... say a whole year, and save a decent amount of money. so maybe XI will do the same thing.

and for those that don't know, the game card used to buy crysta looks like this
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 03:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Lieniite said:
credit/debit is still good, though you have to set up your info with the clickandbuy thing, which is easy to do

i've heard bad things about clickandbuy =/
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Lieniite said:
Sorry to be a pain but do i have to add money to my click and buy account or is it just debited through them via my card?
i read the thing over, normally you'd have to keep adding it, but it specifically said for XI you can select an option to have it automatically billed each month.

and only issue i've had with clickandbuy is it billed me and extra few cents for international charge once... though only once, otherwise i personally haven't had issues with it... but since XIV doesn't bill yet i haven't used it too much

edit (and personally i've had so many issues with POL billing, i can't see this being worse >.>;)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 03:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
and lol, wont let me transfer my account til this months billing cycle is over.

Did it specifically say that? I'm getting stuck at the enter your POL password screen. I'm pretty sure I have the right password lol keeps telling me its wrong.
 Carbuncle.Lestrange
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zebastian
By Carbuncle.Lestrange 2011-07-27 03:24:34
Link | Citer | R

"Because this month's service fees have not yet completed processing, you cannot transfer your PlayOnline ID. Please try again next month."

That's what I'm getting. :/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 03:24:47
Link | Citer | R

yea, just logged into the community ls site w/ it, password is on point
 Bismarck.Calina
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-27 03:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
I hope they'll sell bulk Crysta for a discount.

They don't.

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Lieniite said:

Can't pay like we used to must use crysta or to use debit/credit cards must use clickandbuy. Problem is clickandbuy is worse then SE pol when it comes to paying. Google clickandbuy second result is "clickandbuy scam". After I bought crysta through them last year for FFXIV or should i say while I was buying it my credit card company called me after I tried to buy it warning me they where linked with scams in the past and whether or not it was me making the payment.

Also to buy crysta you need to use clickandbuy too so your pretty much screwed either way. Since buying the crysta with them Ive had several misc charges from them that Ive had to have reversed till I finally had them issue me a new card cause i wasn't able to close the clickandbuy account or remove my card details at the time.

With all that said its been months since Ive delt with clickandbuy who knows maybe they turned into a stand up company.

There's also another payment service available "playspan" or something I looked into it at the time seemed a little annoying you buy their "Ultimate points" from them then use them to pay for crysta then use the crysta to pay for your account.

As bad as pol was new system seems worse. personally ill probably use the cryta I had bought for FFXIV till that runs out then quit , not giveing clickandbuy my new card details after the issues ive had with them in the past.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:26:34
Link | Citer | R

well... at least its not just me lol
By Lieniite 2011-07-27 03:27:15
Link | Citer | R

I think i'm all good now, i just went through SE account site to transfer, clicked the link there for registering with clickandbuy, did all that and receieved an email saying it was transfered.

My clickandbuy account says FF is subscribed as "easy collect" so im guessing it is debited directly from my cc but i might just add 25 euro on clickandbuy anyway, rather be safe than sorry.
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-27 03:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said:
well... at least its not just me lol

Yea just be happy was only a few cents. If you read threw there tos there are account inactivity fees(amount not specified at the time I read it) so if you make an account then don't use it they will start billing you for keeping it active but there is no way to close the account out permanently so yea can see the issue there.

I got billed 2 months 10 and 20 from them after my account was inactive for am not sure how long. Didn't notice it first month, second month I had them reversed and a new card issued.

EDIT: Also doesn't seem like they apply this fee to everyone either was planing on playing FFXIV with a few friends so we all got game and bought the crysta threw clickandbuy and out of the 7 of us only me and 1 other have seen these charges far as i know none of us ever used them again after that first time.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:39:10
Link | Citer | R

:/ well... i have looked into it in the past when i got XIV (a bit of controversy then as well) and i find just as many people that say they never had an issue, that also say they had nothing but problems. obviously that's not good, but i don't really know what to think of it. not like its unheard of but, would seem strange for so many companies to use a billing system that really has so many issues but... i guess we'll see what happens >.>;
 Valefor.Seraa
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-07-27 03:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my mule was a friend's character who quit awhile back. His SE Account is still linked to the POL account. Is it possible to unlink his account and then relink it to my SE ID?

Ninja Edit: Cause otherwise the billing is gonna get real wacky.
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-27 03:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Seraa said:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my mule was a friend's character who quit awhile back. His SE Account is still linked to the POL account. Is it possible to unlink his account and then relink it to my SE ID?

From what Ive read in the past once a pol account is linked to an SE account it cant be undone.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:44:32
Link | Citer | R

heh could try... i know i read you can have separate accounts on one SE account with this new setup, but yea it may be bound to your friends account, if you can access his account try going to the services options and see if you can unlink it
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-07-27 03:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Calina said:
Valefor.Seraa said:

From what Ive read in the past once a pol account is linked to an SE account it cant be undone.

Yea, I read this somewhere too and was wondering if anyone had managed to figure out how to unlink.

I'll try though. The only problem is if he decides to play FFXIV again... :/
By Lieniite 2011-07-27 03:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else unable to buy crysta? It keeps telling me to log in at the top page even though i am already logged in?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 03:54:35
Link | Citer | R

something of SE's not working as intended, now THAT'S a surprise @.@
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 03:58:57
Link | Citer | R

crysta thing is working for me.

Pandemonium.Oir said:
I had to stop playing 11 because the credit card I was using expired and then the new one I used 3 months later was denied by playonline after the card was accepted but declined payment a month later because the payment wasn't given the O.K. That was over a year and half ago. Never even got to say goodbye to my friends, and was a stones throw away from a lot of things I had been waiting months (like a years worth) for. I can't wait to get back into playing if I can get this crysta thing to work.
glad to hear this is turning out helpful for someone, i know a lot of people have had issues like this. but yea as long as you can get your hands on those ultimatepay cards (pretty common) you should be good to go
By Artemicion 2011-07-27 03:59:43
Link | Citer | R

This whole thing sounds like a load of headaches :/
[+]
 Valefor.Seraa
By Valefor.Seraa 2011-07-27 04:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Alright before anyone tries this... I did manage to unlink it. You have to transfer the POL payment to SE account, etc etc. After this, you cancel service. However, I don't have my friends POL codes on me so now it won't let me relink or RELOG into the account to cancel payment till he finds it. Oh boy, this will be fun in the morning!
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-27 04:13:36
Link | Citer | R

hey very random thought, the reward we get for switching our accounts over before august 31 is that staff that warps you to chocobo circuit... if you try to exit the circuit, where would you exit to? >.> wonder if it would let you exit to any of the cities

EDIT: oh derp, looked into it, yes you can. that's kinda cool
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2011-07-27 04:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i've heard bad things about clickandbuy =/

The only problem I had with ClickandBuy was when my bank froze my card on the reason for ClickandBuy having the aforementioned cases with scams and such. Mind you this was when I registered my card info for XIV.

Most debit and credit cards use a form of 3-D secure, now right? I don't see why we can't just pay through them directly anymore... as convenient as PayPal was, I didn't like using it when I bought stuff of eBay. Why mention PayPal? My feelings for ClickandBuy and PayPal are one in the same.
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10