Nyzul Isle Advice?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nyzul Isle Advice?
Nyzul Isle Advice?
First Page 2 3
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-03-25 09:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Try
rng whm drk drg brd war.
Lacks RDM but can work.Be sure to detail how lamps work and save time before the runs.
Lastly, pray you don't get the frog leader. He's pretty much a guaranteed wipe.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:14:51
Link | Citer | R

First off, don't get discouraged. My group has had runic key and been farming bosses for a long time but we too were terrible at first. Nyzul gets MUCH easier the more you do it with the same group.

You have a really good group for climbing and killing, but you will feel the hurt when it comes to farming time w/o a Thf.
Of your group for a climbing pt.
1. Rng/Nin
2. Whm/--- (w/e sub)
3. Mnk/Nin
4. Drg/Sam
5. Brd/Whm
6. War/Nin

Rdm works well as main heal too but having CV and Divine Seal is really nice.
I personally <3 <3 brd so much here, elegy + melee buffs + light sleep, and they rock as fishermen.

Melee subbing nin is the easiest way to aviod damage and also to keep up with Sneak/Invis.

Basics, everyone have food, bring enough S/I, one designated person be the "leader" here, same or another designated person to call lamps.

Mainly just keep at it, nyzul can be done with almost any group, it just takes practice to get it down to clockwork.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
Try
rng whm drk drg brd war.
Lacks RDM but can work.Be sure to detail how lamps work and save time before the runs.
Lastly, pray you don't get the frog leader. He's pretty much a guaranteed wipe.

Drk isn't a bad idea since stun can save your butt. All the "leader" mobs are easy.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:
Before we started, we're all on floor 5 except the drg, so we just started a floor 1 for everyone. So far we've only run into the psycheflayer leader.

This is where a whm main really helps. DS cursna or erasega is really nice for flayer ***.
 Cerberus.Fumant
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Fumant
By Cerberus.Fumant 2009-03-25 09:21:38
Link | Citer | R

if you are having problems with flayers and chariots have someone get a clerics drink. 200 tokens 1st page. will save u some time and mp if u get hit with those nasty AoE status effects they can deal out.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 09:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Getting a Blu will help out as well since they can deal out blunt,piercing,slashing,and magical damage therefore having no damage problems. Can also SS the party and stun nonstop with both physical and magical types of stun.
 Valefor.Mithano
Serveur: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-03-25 09:26:59
Link | Citer | R

It's a bit dicey on the legality list, but if you're willing, //fillmode 1 is pretty huge. Nyzul is the only place that I use it, but I've climbed both with and w/o it.

What particular problems do you face the most? For example, even bad floors are generally ok given the right plans. I've found that clean pulls, especially on flayer floors, are generally the biggest easy error to make. It's almost always worth waiting an extra 60 seconds to clean pull, etc.

Another big error I've seen is on gear floors, those have probably killed me more than all the others. Best for those is to have ppl good at sleeping, and again, fillmode is huge to make sure you don't walk face first into them.

As far as setup goes, given your group, I would personally do: 1) blm/whm, 2) whm/blm, 3) mnk/nin 4) drg/(whm or sam) 5) nin/war 6) brd/whm

The benefit being that you'll have no trouble sleeping stuff, and can still damage just fine. Have the monk or nin bring /ra (I use a frisbee, mamoolbane, when I go mnk to salvage or nyzul) to do pulls. You can also do both climbs + boss floors with this setup, if the monk is well geared.

I 2nd the comment on s/i, and have ppl buy or bring RR as well.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-03-25 09:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Also, since I went to Nyzul as WAR and was moreless the tank, I cannot stress how inportant getting a Fanatic's drink at the start is. For instance, the leader chariot can pump out heavy, heavy AoE damage and has a high proc rate of Double Attack. Which is not good for a squishy tank like me. Not only did the Fanatic stop damage from Double Attack, it gave extra hate from Retaliation (and TP), AND stopped the AoE damage/debuffs it gave, letting my mage cure the others.

Certain items in Nyzul help tremendously...don't neglect the item box.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:
Yea poison + bio was a pain.

Another thing I've noticed, since they're all pretty new to it, we run around in a pack. But when I've done just shout pick up parties, a lot of us split up because we seem to know what we're doing.

It may be a good idea then, before your next run, to go over each floor type with the group and how you want to handle them.
Ex:
Kill All - Stay in group & follow (person)
Leader - Scatter and locate then let everyone else know where you find it
Group - Pack + 1 5 stay to gether , other person searches while fighting
ETC ETC
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-25 09:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Also might be a good idea to stack up on some temp. items once you get higher up and are doing boss runs.

My static use -
Body Boost (Extra HP)
TP Wing
Fanatics Drink (Invincible effect)

All can be found in the vendor box in the Lobby under 200 token items.

As a side note - DRK is a very good asset in Nyzul. Stun, DD and for bosses Souleater with lots and lots of HP = nice mubers on the boss.

Also stated earlier - Brd is #1 job in there - can't go wrong with a bard :)
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 09:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Go with:

RDM
WHM
MNK or DRK
DRG
BRD
THF

My static had a lot of success with:

Melee
Melee
TH4
WHM
RDM
BRD

We climbed to 100 twice w/o any losses with this set up. Usually with a SAM/NIN and WAR/NIN as the 2 melees. Sorry to say it, but PLD isn't the BEST for nyzul, so he/she will probably be perma WHM for your runs. It'll get easier as you all get used to working together. The RDM and BRD can be pulling more mobs as the Melees and WHM are fighting, so you can shave off a few mins here and there.
For some of the higher boss runs like the 80s and 100s... our melees usually grab body boosts and fanatics and our mages grab mana boosts. Melees should be subbing /nin. Good Luck :)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
Go with:

RDM
WHM
MNK or DRK
DRG
BRD
THF

Melee
Melee
TH4
WHM
RDM
BRD

We climbed to 100 twice w/o any losses with this set up. Usually with a SAM/NIN and WAR/NIN as the 2 melees. Sorry to say it, but PLD isn't the BEST for nyzul, so he/she will probably be perma WHM for your runs. It'll get easier as you all get used to working together. For some of the higher boss runs like the 80s and 100s... our melees usually grab body boosts and fanatics and our mages grab mana boosts. Melees should be subbing /nin. Good Luck :)

The OP didn't list Thf as a possible job in their setup. You can do 3 mages, but we never needed that much mp and having the extra damage did better for us.

Temp items are good but only ever really used them on bosses, apart from clerics on flayers and the like. I would not recomend blm here, mostly useless except against slimes and melee can kill them well enough anyway.

Edit: Fanatics and Body boost are pretty much required for bosses.
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-25 09:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
Go with:

RDM
WHM
MNK or DRK
DRG
BRD
THF

Melee
Melee
TH4
WHM
RDM
BRD

We climbed to 100 twice w/o any losses with this set up. Usually with a SAM/NIN and WAR/NIN as the 2 melees. Sorry to say it, but PLD isn't the BEST for nyzul, so he/she will probably be perma WHM for your runs. It'll get easier as you all get used to working together. For some of the higher boss runs like the 80s and 100s... our melees usually grab body boosts and fanatics and our mages grab mana boosts. Melees should be subbing /nin. Good Luck :)

these r good pt set ups. i never take pld or rng into NI either. i replace a PLDs job with a WAR, just makes it quicker with a war imo. RNG to me seems useless, cuz of the fact most cant hit WS on boss etc, easy to just have a reliable DD instead.

As for THF......
There r Rumors that TH dont effect NI drops on Bosses, so a lot of ppl dont bother with THF and just use another DD to make it go quicker. As for regular mobs in NI, of course TH works for weapon drops etc. However... I still usually take THF anyways :p
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 09:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Noaratem said:
Avinne said:
Go with:

RDM
WHM
MNK or DRK
DRG
BRD
THF

Melee
Melee
TH4
WHM
RDM
BRD

these r good pt set ups. i never take pld or rng into NI either. i replace a PLDs job with a WAR, just makes it quicker with a war imo. RNG to me seems useless, cuz of the fact most cant hit WS on boss etc, easy to just have a reliable DD instead.

As for THF......
There r Rumors that TH dont effect NI drops on Bosses, so a lot of ppl dont bother with THF and just use another DD to make it go quicker. As for regular mobs in NI, of course TH works for weapon drops etc. However... I still usually take THF anyways :p

1. Try going with less fail Rng then. Having a top DD out of AOE range of everything is really nice for the mages.

2. The people who "rumor" this are on crack.
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 09:46:37
Link | Citer | R

I guess they are confused since the 100th floor boss has a 100% drop rate on a weapon that corresponds to the persons job.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 09:48:15
Link | Citer | R

I've helped my fellow ls static when they need someone. And what I've seen them use is SCH/whm, war/nin, sam/nin, rdm/whm, pld/nin, and cor/nin.

If one of the dd or rdm was out I was either mnk,war, or blm. They got to floor 100 in 4 weeks.
 Fairy.Bruser
Serveur: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-03-25 09:57:21
Link | Citer | R

When I started doing N.I. with some ls members, we failed alot I remeber on floor 1-5.
When I joined pick up parties I noticed the difference between us.

We were slow.
Make sure ppl are moving always and have a leader telling ppl what to do. And if you going for win, you must not be tempted with NMs.
Once you reach floor 100, you can go back to any floor you want.

Have 1 person call lamp order.
Make sure everyone can sneak/invisi themselves.
Bards are great pullers here. If you can have them pull(don't force them). Also good job to scout for mobs and run back to rune while ppl are killing.
Always try to have one person to head back to rune so you can port up right away and save time.

For bosses, fanatics and body boost for DDs and I like mp boost for healers. But thats me. The boosts last 15min, so I usually use HP/MP boost after 15min into run. Just need to be careful for mobs that can dispel that (Psychflayers' Mind Purge can remove it.)

For set up, I like: 4xDD Refresher Healer.
War/nin is great cuz it should be tank, or at least first voke so mob can stay put.
 Bahamut.Lawson
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lawson
By Bahamut.Lawson 2009-03-25 10:19:28
Link | Citer | R

We do

1.PLD/NIN
2.BLU/NIN,DRK/NIN
3.RDM
4.WHM,BLM
5.THF,RDM
6.DD

Seems to work pretty good most of the time. We just started as well, but we have a good leader which helps alot. Things will go smoother the more experience you get. I think just about any combination can do Nyzule Isle as long as your group is open minded about it. Just know that from time to time you are going to get terrible floors.
 Sylph.Tidos
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:24:05
Link | Citer | R

anyway you guys need a blu , and brd is possibly near worst job if not worst in NI.

thats my 2 cents from my 1year+ static with floors 1-100 done 2 times i can say blu is one of the best jobs inside, can dispel soulflyers , but yeah brd must be replaced, NI is way to fast for brd to get noticed, get a DD.

about whm try for whm/sch , its way better then rdm and can sleep everything, even roc mobs and gears so its priceless.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 10:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:
anyway you guys need a blu , and brd is possibly near worst job if not worst in NI.

thats my 2 cents from my 1year+ static with floors 1-100 done 2 times i can say blu is one of the best jobs inside, can dispel soulflyers , but yeah brd must be replaced, NI is way to fast for brd to get noticed, get a DD.

about whm try for whm/sch , its way better then rdm and can sleep everything, even roc mobs and gears so its priceless.

I honestly wouldn't say BRD is a terrible job for Nyzul... if they're a good BRD. Our static BRD was pulling, dispelling, singing melee songs AND ballad for the mages, sleeping links... how is that a terrible job for Nyzul?
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:30:11
Link | Citer | R

O and my static goes for 2 setups preaty much:

HNM fights
blu/nin x2 or 1 blu/nin & 1 sam/nin
whm/sch
sam/nin x2
thf/nin

grind floors we used
blu/nin x2
whm/sch
sam/nin x2
war/nin

preaty much same setup but no TH and fast DD for lower tier mobs , and blu excels in that.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
Tidos said:

I honestly wouldn't say BRD is a terrible job for Nyzul... if they're a good BRD. Our static BRD was pulling, dispelling, singing melee songs AND ballad for the mages, sleeping links... how is that a terrible job for Nyzul?

theres where blu comes in blu can disple everything , cure and DD.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 10:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:

Sorry for using the pic twice, but it just applys way too well here.
User submitted image

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-25 10:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Rowland!!! I saw you yesterday in Port Jeuno while I was waitin around for limbus. But I hesitated to /punchga yo' ***. ^.~

I'd say
RDM, WHM, DRK, DRG, BRD, THF or WAR.

Good balance of DD and healing imo, and Stun will save you, lol. Having the MNK sub /DNC will kind of hold back the dmg a weeee bit if he's saving his TP for waltzes.
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 10:35:19
Link | Citer | R

BRD is situational imo, basically for HNM floors. Soul Voice double haste can save a run if ***hit the fan earlier. Light based sleep is always a plus but Blu has 2 of those as well as a Dark based sleep.

As for a puller there's no better then BRD.
First Page 2 3