Nyzul Isle Advice?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nyzul Isle Advice?
Nyzul Isle Advice?
 Sylph.Tidos
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:36:11
Link | Citer | R

LOL you guys realy think brd is worth the 1 spot in NI???

XDDDD!!!11

o well lol
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 10:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:

XDDDD!!!11

o well lol

lol... we didn't seem to have a problem with it. >.> To each their own. :P
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 10:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:

XDDDD!!!11

o well lol

Puller, Sleeper, Buffer, Debuffer, Rrefresher, Healer in one person.

This is bad how?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 10:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:

XDDDD!!!11

o well lol

What would you use instead?
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 10:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Tidos said:

XDDDD!!!11

o well lol

What would you use instead?

Think he was saying that BLU WAS THE BESTEST EVAR!
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Ok i was just saying what i think about brd in NI, you can flame me for it idc lol, but from my experience and my static , and we have alot after over 1 year of it, brd sucks in NI , like someone said it can save the day with soulvoice and stuff and sleep and dispel but thats it, whm/sch does save the all the time and sleep everything, and blu can dispel everything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 10:44:18
Link | Citer | R

Guess he thinks of a BRD as a waste of space and would rather Zerg his way up to floor 100 and leave all the hard REAL work to the BLUs.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Ok i was just saying what i think about brd in NI, you can flame me for it idc lol, but from my experience and my static , and we have alot after over 1 year of it, brd sucks in NI , like someone said it can save the day with soulvoice and stuff and sleep and dispel but thats it, whm/sch does save the all the time and sleep everything, and blu can dispel everything.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 10:45:36
Link | Citer | R

So White Mage can Repose every ten seconds? I didn't know that.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:47:48
Link | Citer | R

double post ftl ><

after beating the crap out of HNM floor 100 several times with 10min left i can say some stuff about it and still get flamed ><. O and that done with 5 pips several times too.

and for pulling we have thf.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:

well if you getting agro/link every ten secs then somethings wrong lol
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Serveur: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-03-25 10:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
First off, don't get discouraged. My group has had runic key and been farming bosses for a long time but we too were terrible at first. Nyzul gets MUCH easier the more you do it with the same group.

This^^.

Also, most important thing in FFXI: ***is situational. Everyone's setup will be different. There is no ONE setup to win Nyzul. On our 100 climb we lost maybe 1 run every 2 weeks due to bad luck, and our setup was:

COR/NIN (me)
WHM/SCH
THF/NIN
BLU/NIN
BLU/NIN
MNK/NIN

After about 3-4 months of farming bosses, we've switched to

COR/NIN
WHM/SCH
THF/NIN
WAR/NIN
DRG/RDM
BLM/WHM

And it works just as well. Just keep practicing and you'll be fine. Also, we require reraise on 60+ boss runs. Melee's get body boosts and we start boss floor with Curaga IV. If you have time, pull the ramp to get TP to zerg the boss. And if it's something you're worried about, or if you're mega-DD and gonna pull hate consider the Fool/Fanatic drinks to nullify magic/phys damage.

Juts make sure you have some kind of refresh (or /SCH) some nice DD power and someone who can stun (or more). Don't /dnc, as you want your DD's to hit things hard and fast. And I wouldn't even bother with a tank, just /NIN and kill fast.

Good luck, Nyzul is a lot of fun. Also, don't fear the Chariots of Flayers (or Frogs). You only lose to them when you freak out. Just treat them normal and you'll be fine (Unless of course it's Hydra, in which case it doesn't matter.. he'll just spam Physical Shield the whole fight regardless of your attitude :P)
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 10:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:

Nah, whatever works for you ... great, GJ. You were kinda the one putting out the vibe that we were all idiots for 'wasting space' with a BRD. >.> I dunno, sounds like we've all had success with different set ups. If there was one "RIGHT" set up ... there'd be a lot fewer Runic Keys out there I guess. ^-^)b
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-25 10:50:00
Link | Citer | R

WHM must blow away those kill all floors too with their amazing pulling capabilities.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-03-25 10:50:34
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:

Our party and their jobs consist of:
1. rdm, blm, rng, smn
2. pld, whm
3. mnk, drk
4. drg
5. rdm, blm, nin, bst, brd, whm, pld
6. war, whm, rdm, bst, brd, thf, pld
Ninja Edit: Added more jobs to 6, and forgot to mention we all use Skype during runs.

Bolded the most important part of your post. Good communication is the first thing you should think about bringing to Nyzul, and it looks like you have that covered.

Before getting on to party recommendations, I want to echo something that a lot of people have said before me (in and out of the thread). Nyzul is absolutely random, there is definitely a "luck" factor. Even if you do everything right, climb as fast as you can, and make no "mistakes" you may not clear a set of 5 floors. Don't let it discourage you. Stay focused and positive. Keep your group motivated, focused, and have a great time.

That being said, here is what I would suggest given your resources:

1. RNG/NIN
2. WHM/SCH
3. DRK/NIN (Stun is absolutely Key!)
4. DRG/NIN
5. RDM/WHM
6. THF/NIN or WAR/NIN

The group that I run with started out with:

RDM/WHM
WHM/SMN
DRK/NIN
DRK/NIN
SAM/NIN
PUP/NIN

We did 90/100 floors with this setup, and rarely encountered anything we couldn't deal with. We switched out to this set for farming now that we have the Runic Key and are all much more familiar with Nyzul:

RDM/WHM
BRD/WHM (sometimes /SCH)
THF/NIN
SAM/NIN
DRK/NIN
DRK/NIN

Two stunners, a wrecking ball for the boss floors, TH4, and a BRD that knows how to pull and scout.

Bard can be really rough to get the hang of in Nyzul, but with experience, it is invaluable. As RDM/WHM with 4/8 enfeebling merits, I can't dispel Psychflayers Ice Spikes, but our Bard lands it without batting an eye. Makes the Psychflayer bosses and groups much easier to deal with. Also having two light based sleeps is very helpful for mobs that resist Dark Based Sleep.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 10:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:
Wooooodum said:

well if you getting agro/link every ten secs then somethings wrong lol

For the love of God... Even I won't try to defend youthis time...
/FACEPALM
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Kiriyu said:
WHM must blow away those kill all floors too with their amazing pulling capabilities.

GOd! who said whm was pulling? i said thf ffs , when theres no thf we have 1 sam do the pulling.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 10:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Tidos said:
double post ftl ><

after beating the crap out of HNM floor 100 several times with 10min left i can say some stuff about it and still get flamed ><. O and that done with 5 pips several times too.

and for pulling we have thf.

Don't give a crap about what you beat with what jobs, saying brd is the worst NI job is asinine, and that's why your getting flamed.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 10:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Kiriyu said:

GOd! who said whm was pulling? i said thf ffs , when theres no thf we have 1 sam do the pulling.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-25 10:55:55
Link | Citer | R

I've been part of a successful Nyzul Static with possibly 2-3 losses on the way from 0-100.

RDM/WHM
WHM/SCH (/SCH optional but extremely useful)
WAR/NIN
NIN/WAR
DRG/SAM (I had SAM here, but DRG would do fine)
MNK/NIN (Formless Strikes for Puddings/Pudding NMs)

For overall reliability, I cannot stress enough how useful it is to have 2 proper healing mages (especially if you find yourself having problems climbing generally, the added security is probably a safer bet than the bonus of BRDage).

The idea of this is that for floors where you need to cover a lot of ground quickly, like 'all enemies' floors, you can split into 2 self-sufficient groups. Making a BRD fulfill it's potential would require that the entire party would always have to stay together, and we found that the self-sufficiency significantly outweighed the benefits a BRD could give.

SAM subbing WAR was fine since they were always paired with the WAR, so getting hate back on the blink-tank wasn't much of an issue.

For boss floors, the NIN would change to THF (flee to Rune ftw), and we still rarely encountered problems. And I can't remember who said it, but the idea that TH doesn't work on Nyzul bosses is just the substanceless accusations of people who are butt-hurt over the low drop-rate ^^b.

Above all, you need to instil a sense of caution. Running into rooms blindly ends up with many problems, like gears and multiple links. As was mentioned above, when you're doing lamp floors make sure one person is nominated the leader. Multiple people trying to shout the order is deadly ^^;

Other than that, these guys are right; stick with the same group and things will eventually start going verrrry smoothly!

Hope you found something useful here.
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-03-25 10:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
Webjester said:
have a great time

Your not suppose to have fun in Sky/Sea/Dynamis/Einherjar.

Fixed for you. Nyzul is a blast, easily my favorite event SE ever put out.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-25 10:59:25
Link | Citer | R

BRD on Nyzul fo' shizzle.

I'm still waiting for the day i can round up 5 BLU and try that out.

But seriously, when I was doing nyzul having a brd was awesome. Our static used BRD, RDM, BLU, MNK, SAM and THF on boss runs swapping the THF for another BLU or SAM on climb. Was a wonderful setup, only hang-ups we had was when receiving bogus luck on objectives.

For the OP, if you can work brd into your setup and keep at it with eachother you'll find Nyzul gets much easier the more practice you get.
Temporary items can be a huge lifesaver as well as planning ahead of time your strategies for lamps, splitting up the party (depending on map) on kill all objective, anticipating aoe and recovering accordingly as well as tactics for froggies, puddings et cetera you should be golden^^
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-03-25 11:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Saiya said:
And I can't remember who said it, but the idea that TH doesn't work on Nyzul bosses is just the substanceless accusations

Adding TH to our farming party after getting Runic Key saw Weapon drop rates from normal (not boss floor) NM's go from 1/5 to ~2/3. Armor drop rates went from 2/5 to 2/3. So far its not a huge sample, but to us, it was a marked improvement.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 11:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Saiya said:
The idea of this is that for floors where you need to cover a lot of ground quickly, like 'all enemies' floors, you can split into 2 self-sufficient groups. Making a BRD fulfill it's potential would require that the entire party would always have to stay together, and we found that the self-sufficiency significantly outweighed the benefits a BRD could give.

This really depends on the brd actually. My wifes taru brd can push almost 700 mp in full mp setup as brd/whm, which if fine to main heal 2 other people in a split group situation.

I can easily see how people could have a bad perception on brd however if you got stuck with a couple of really bad ones.

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 11:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Webjester said:
Saiya said:
And I can't remember who said it, but the idea that TH doesn't work on Nyzul bosses is just the substanceless accusations

Adding TH to our farming party after getting Runic Key saw Weapon drop rates from normal (not boss floor) NM's go from 1/5 to ~2/3. Armor drop rates went from 2/5 to 2/3. So far its not a huge sample, but to us, it was a marked improvement.

FU buddy. My static is lucky if we go 1/8 on gear drops.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 11:04:34
Link | Citer | R

I find Nyzul to be fun especially with people you know.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 11:04:52
Link | Citer | R

TH does work on NI boss, still drop rate sucks sometimes, best we did was 4/4 on floor 80, was 3 goliard tho ><