Nyzul Isle Advice?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nyzul Isle Advice?
Nyzul Isle Advice?
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-25 11:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Webjester said:
Mabrook said:
Webjester said:
have a great time

Your not suppose to have fun in Sky/Sea/Dynamis/Einherjar.

Fixed for you. Nyzul is a blast, easily my favorite event SE ever put out.

I second that, <3 Nyzul!
 Leviathan.Webjester
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-03-25 11:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
My static is lucky if we go 1/8 on gear drops.

Now if only we could get the gear we wanted to drop.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-03-25 11:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Webjester said:
Frobeus said:
My static is lucky if we go 1/8 on gear drops.

Now if only we could get the gear we wanted to drop.

and after that, if only you would win the lot from all the members that want it too!!!
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-25 11:12:50
Link | Citer | R

If only there was someway to get less crap from appraisals. And moar NM drop items.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-25 11:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Saiya said:
The idea of this is that for floors where you need to cover a lot of ground quickly, like 'all enemies' floors, you can split into 2 self-sufficient groups. Making a BRD fulfill it's potential would require that the entire party would always have to stay together, and we found that the self-sufficiency significantly outweighed the benefits a BRD could give.

This really depends on the brd actually. My wifes taru brd can push almost 700 mp in full mp setup as brd/whm, which if fine to main heal 2 other people in a split group situation.

I can easily see how people could have a bad perception on brd however if you got stuck with a couple of really bad ones.
Our BRDs are by no means bad. What I mean is, when you split up (which our group did extremely often) having a BRD would only be half as effective since they would only be singing to 2 DDs. In which case, i'd take the RDM for lolNukes vs puddings etc, greater flexibility with healing and a wider range of debuffs.

For boss floors if you can make BRD work then it would be quite nice for the boss itself, but if you want a THF in there too you may lack a bit of DD. But depends on who's with you too. This just be my opinion matey, argh!
 Sylph.Tidos
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 11:15:19
Link | Citer | R

to the pick up parties i would say dont do eet!

usualy sucks *** becouse youre not used to play with that members , try with your friends or ls mates or w/e but not pcik ups .
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-25 11:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
Sorry to say it, but PLD isn't the BEST for nyzul, so he/she will probably be perma WHM for your runs.

I'll have to object to this, because it really depends on the PLD... on their merits, skill level, and gear. I went PLD/NIN and PLD/DNC with my static and we won out. I have my runic key and many pieces of gear.

I had CC allowing me to scout ahead and rush back to the rune. I had a ton of MP from homam gear allowing me to help backup heal. I could tank leaders, especially chariots. And that all got a hella lot easier once I got atonement. And lordy did I ever spam it, using my joytoy. HNM floors I went invincible right off the bat to hold it off my melees (DRK/SAM x2) who in turn could go nuts and NOT have to use their fanatics drink off the bat. Obviously I couldn't hold hate off them for the whole fight but I bought them time, which in turn saved my WHM mp.

I recognize that not every PLD can be an asset, however to make a blanket statement that they just can't be one period goes too far...
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-25 11:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Nyzul gets pretty routine and easy after several runs, you'll get the hang of it soon enough. It's def the most fun when you're on vent/skype/whatever and doin it with your friends.

We bring TH4 and fail to get armor drops though. Shitty drop rates are shitty. Well, for my group anyway. >.>;
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-25 11:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Kiriyu said:
Nyzul gets pretty routine and easy after several runs, you'll get the hang of it soon enough. It's def the most fun when you're on vent/skype/whatever and doin it with your friends.

We bring TH4 and fail to get armor drops though. Shitty drop rates are shitty. Well, for my group anyway. >.>;

1/32 on the Goliard clogs lol. Quite shitty sometimes.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-25 11:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Malekith said:
Avinne said:
Sorry to say it, but PLD isn't the BEST for nyzul, so he/she will probably be perma WHM for your runs.

I'll have to object to this, because it really depends on the PLD... on their merits, skill level, and gear. I went PLD/NIN and PLD/DNC with my static and we won out. I have my runic key and many pieces of gear.

I had CC allowing me to scout ahead and rush back to the rune. I had a ton of MP from homam gear allowing me to help backup heal. I could tank leaders, especially chariots. And that all got a hella lot easier once I got atonement. And lordy did I ever spam it, using my joytoy. HNM floors I went invincible right off the bat to hold it off my melees (DRK/SAM x2) who in turn could go nuts and NOT have to use their fanatics drink off the bat. Obviously I couldn't hold hate off them for the whole fight but I bought them time, which in turn saved my WHM mp.

I recognize that not every PLD can be an asset, however to make a blanket statement that they just can't be one period goes too far...

Yah, if it works for you... awesome. I'm saying that with the set ups they had and the other available DD's they had in their set up... PLD was probably not that member's BEST option. Chariots aren't really that bad... I solo'd one on my THF during a nyzul run while my entire group was killing Simurgh, so I dunno that a PLD would make a HUGE difference there. I have a fairly well geared PLD myself and I just personally wouldn't use it over some of my other jobs in NI.

Aboveall else... if you're a smart player, you can probably make just about any job useful in some way in Nyzul runs. ^^
 Ramuh.Sidi
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-03-25 14:42:21
Link | Citer | R

ANY job is good in nyzul isle. Every single one. It just matters the team work and overall setup..

I did nyzul isle for 13 months straight 7 runs a week... as bard. We rarely lost (drop rates were a different story)... static broke and reformed halfway through but the most successful oen was

drg, drk, drk, pld/nin, whm/sch, and brd/whm (the drg would go as thf on HNM runs, and one of the drks sometimes came blu, but found drk more useful)

stuns are invaluable to nyzul isle, so if you can, try to get a stunner of some sort... (brd can stun long casters if they dont resist lullaby... have done it several times... even on dahaks, I would have a habbit of spamming lullaby's on them, and got lucky a few times stunning body slam <3-- only thing is frogs are light mobs, so brds dont work on em)

We never had a problem w/ our pld... we've gone both ways, pld/war, and pld/nin, turtle tank and DD tank, and frankly pld/nin DD style was a very nice way to work, and being able to switch to turtle on a whim helped a lot

Overall though, having our whm/sch helped things TREMENDOUSLY, as a brd, ballad stacks with sublimation, so our whm was able to recover quite a bit of mp w/o ever resting... in fact I rarely saw her rest at all, always on her feet w/ the group and ready to get things cast...

As the brd (almost all of it before piansimmo came out...), I would pull, sleep mobs infront've group, buff the group, buff the whm, go out and pull again, then on last few mobs, sleep them all and get over to the rune for instant up-ness... I was nonstop running around, but when I quite my static... I got /tells from all the pt members begging me to come back for months afterwords because it worked so well, and no replacements were able to fit in the same amount...

I've done some shout runs myself, after I left, to get my askar head, always went as pld, and did just fine...

but furthermore... example of how any job is fine w/ teamwork...

blm/rdm, blm/whm, brd/whm, thf/nin, pld/nin, sam/war <--- no healer, one of the blms was lvl 72, and in mp gear... and we beat cerberus on floor 100 with time to go with this setup, no 2 hours either... so its possible really for just about any combination, if your team follows the leader and knows what to expect and how to avoid aggro
 Sylph.Tidos
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2009-03-25 14:59:32
Link | Citer | R

one of the blms was lvl 72

something wrong there for NI requirements hmmm