Merit Pt: Great! - Level Sync P.. *warps* GM Jail..? WTF D:?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Merit pt: Great! - Level sync p.. *warps* GM Jail..? WTF D:?
Merit pt: Great! - Level sync p.. *warps* GM Jail..? WTF D:?
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-03-22 22:06:56
Link | Citer | R

bahh think I'm just mad at some of the dumb stuff that could've been avoided Dx
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 22:18:38
Link | Citer | R

oh I don't think anyone is denying your right to be mad, pretty sure the only way this could have happened is if someone read your /say message and reported you. Since you did mention a couple things though, the GM's probably have a system in place where they had to suspend you for further investigation no matter how innocent it looks. If you keep that sort of conversation amongst people you know aren't going to report you, you'll be fine.

If they suspect someone of RMT, no matter how small the suggestion, it makes sense for them to suspend you so that you can't continue to trade while the investigation is going on...

Having said that, it would be a good idea if they didn't ban some RMT once they'd been found out, so that they can also ban the gilbuyers too.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-03-22 22:21:46
Link | Citer | R

lol to tell you the truth, the reason I THOUGHT I was going to GM Jail.. Was cuz I said JP ONRY like.. twice in say mode and 2 times in shout cuz of an LS thing.

I'm JP btw, so don't go thinking im Racist xD
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-22 22:24:32
Link | Citer | R

You're not JP >_>; Not culturally, at least. D;
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-22 22:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Talk to a senior GM and explain yourself. Get this BS out of the system.

And the best way to stop RMT from making new characters would be to put a security code on the sign-on site, so bots can't be programed to auto-characterize themselves.

If you have to manually place in your info each time you want to make a rapid /t, it would slow down the botmaking process and increase the costs towards RMT. Any little thing that increases costs towards being a RMT is another way to combat RMT.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-23 00:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

to put a security code on the sign-on site,

You mean a captcha ? If yes, that's not efficient at all and lot of bots bypass these.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-03-23 03:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Last night I get bomb-barded with Brogame, and Warcup rmt adds. Spammed all withing 3 hrs.. I get 10 messages. and thats approx 15 min intervals, and even then i got the same guy within like 5-10 min spam me x and even lowered his price of gil...

You know.. I <3 this game.. I'm about to either wait for Diablo 3 to come out, OR play one one of these free MMporgs out here that are advertised on here.. at least with free signups and no ad saying buy gil.. I won't get spammed...

This is gone long enough.. the OP shudn't have gotten GM jail.. after all GM's are just asshats that don't do ***anymore, just /tossn ppl in Jail for no reason.. unless specified. ( this reason was b.s).
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-03-23 03:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if I came off blunt in my previous post, was in a rush to get to work so just had to get out what I wanted to say quickly.

Umm yeh as Blazza said, I was only going off what you said.

I'd be annoyed in the same situation, only thing is it's still technically considered advertising so you'll find it'll be really hard to get off your record, which sucks mega hard. It just should be a warning to other players about the way they talk about things like that.

That said, isn't there some automatic thing that SE was implementing (I think I read it in the last task force report) something that was automatically reading logs on the fly and automatically banning people that are doing supposed RMT actions. I assume you hit the flags that I mentioned before and were banned because of it.

Sorry you got banned though. :(
 Ragnarok.Greiver
By Ragnarok.Greiver 2009-03-23 03:49:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't mean to rag on you or anything, but as soon as you started talking about it I sent you a /tell saying "No" as in don't do it, and you replied with "why?" This is why >.<, anyway sorry to hear about what happened I agree they should have checked it more but it's probably protocol. It may be the frequency you talk about it since this isn't the first you've discussed RMT sites (i.e. you may have been on "suspicion" already) whereas that other friend of yours may not have done so much and were therefor only put on "suspicion." But man I warned ya, and to be fair 4 day suspension isn't...too bad...still sucks...but we'll do something fun when you get back like Up in Arms or something.
 Siren.Enko
Serveur: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-03-23 06:47:05
Link | Citer | R

"then SE should block the IP address or something that the person is loggin on as. if they do that and like 10 RMTs are on the same connection then good bye RMTs"

Wouldnt work I am afraid, in a great deal of europe IPs are dynamic and can be changed by taking you router offline for 20 mins or so.
 Midgardsormr.Soulstar
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Soulstar 2009-03-23 06:59:06
Link | Citer | R

perhaps GM's thaugt you where doing advertisment for Brogame? :P

Lesson: Don't mention Rmt names in high level areas, the Rmt's are growing like weed now, i find it kinda exciting :) adds a level of realness to the game, i don't buy they're gilz tho o.o
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-23 07:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Enko said:
"then SE should block the IP address or something that the person is loggin on as. if they do that and like 10 RMTs are on the same connection then good bye RMTs"

Wouldnt work I am afraid, in a great deal of europe IPs are dynamic and can be changed by taking you router offline for 20 mins or so.

More like 5 seconds. That's what it takes to renew my IP. Can always use a proxy also.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-23 11:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Greiver said:
Don't mean to rag on you or anything, but as soon as you started talking about it I sent you a /tell saying "No" as in don't do it, and you replied with "why?" This is why >.<, anyway sorry to hear about what happened I agree they should have checked it more but it's probably protocol. It may be the frequency you talk about it since this isn't the first you've discussed RMT sites (i.e. you may have been on "suspicion" already) whereas that other friend of yours may not have done so much and were therefor only put on "suspicion." But man I warned ya, and to be fair 4 day suspension isn't...too bad...still sucks...but we'll do something fun when you get back like Up in Arms or something.

G! Hiya XD I'm slowly getting ULMers into FFXIAH.com forums >;3

And yeah, Elk. I know you're a wannabe GM, but... /comfort... looks like they're onto ya. ;D
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-03-23 12:00:20
Link | Citer | R

When you said "No", I was wondering what you meant. I thought you were talkin bout "JP ONRY" G xD
 Hades.Dekar
Serveur: Hades
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-03-23 12:32:58
Link | Citer | R

technically what the gm did isn't wrong altho i dont agree wiyh it but typing any rmtg related websites in any chat is against there rules regardless of being an rmt or not a bunch of bs i know but ppl do get in trouble for it from time 2 time
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-03-23 12:39:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:
So like. .My account has been suspended today and will be suspended til 3/26/09. I'm being accused of RMT action. Total Bullshizz! [Thought I'd not go cursing fully lol].

Had a GREAT Merit pt! Then Disbanded, ran back to Whitegate, and get another level sync party in Valk about a half hour later, while talking to a few peeps in {/Say} around the Entrance square to Al Zahbi. We were mentioning some crap about the sites that still have NOT been takin' care of by the Special Task Force, even though they were given MORE than enough complaints about the sites that are still up, and being used in {/tell} mode.

I mentioned the one that comes up ALL the time about every day to me, in {/tell}, Brogame. My friend mentioned IGE and somethin else, but his char was not suspended or put on "suspicion of Real Money Trading" Actions.

I can understand that theyre TRYING to crack down on RMT stuff, but they hit the wrong person! I haven't done anything!! Its like, you cant mention it at all. In tell mode. In your Linkshell. In your party.. I mean, really..? Is this what SE has come down to? They'll get you for saying it. But can't crack down the website that's been given to them, OR the players that have been complained about for buying/selling the same products over and over and over again?

WHAT THE F*** SQUARE-ENIX!?

WHHHHYYYY? D= so bleh, you're thoughts..?

Save it for the jury, RMT scum.

Seriously, though, were you actually jailed? Or was it some kind of auto suspensions?

If it was an auto suspension, it probably happened cause you mentioned the full domain of the website. Did you say brogame.com or .net or .cn (china) whatever the hell it is?

Anyways, if it *WAS* an auto suspension, I think SE needs to make legitimate players aware of this tactic so they can avoid it. Furthermore, it can be posted on various fansites so other people can avoid this.

If I were you, I'd try to get in touch with a GM (through POL can get you better service than in-game) when I come back and see if they can do an actual investigation and clear your name. Don't bother calling POL. They'll just tell you they don't handle GM stuff.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-23 12:41:27
Link | Citer | R

If that was such an issue of talking of rmt sites etc. I believe everybody would be in jail. I'm sure alot have discussed rmt stuff, sites that been contacting you in /tells and other things that are against the rules.

It is wrong to jail someone for using their freedom of speech(typing in this case).

I know i've talked about it, said things in the game that if it was an issue I'd be in jail.

It could be either the full story isnt posted like they played the joke on their friend sending them the /tell pretending they were the rmt site and then talked and joked of it with their friend. so the GM probably didnt even see the joking and stuff. I think the GM was having a pissy day imo.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-03-23 21:53:49
Link | Citer | R

I did mention and type it in like brogame.com tbh x.x;
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 21:58:57
Link | Citer | R

I still say it was probably someone overheard your /say and reported you, how long did it take to get the hammer?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-23 22:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:

G! Hiya XD I'm slowly getting ULMers into FFXIAH.com forums >;3

And yeah, Elk. I know you're a wannabe GM, but... /comfort... looks like they're onto ya. ;D

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT i linked this thread on ulm forum :3 lol >_>
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-03-24 01:41:41
Link | Citer | R

xDD RLY? lulz nice Erik XD <3
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-24 03:13:32
Link | Citer | R

lol don't flatter yourself Elk, it's only in the Tagboard XDDD
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-24 13:25:43
Link | Citer | R

By the way, here's an interesting thing I found, Elk:

From http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4008/detail.html:

"(3)Auto-Jailer
This is a feature that automatically jails characters involved in illegal activities.
Up until now, we had investigated the logs of characters involved in illegal activities and then dealt with them the next day, but considering that RMT activities recently take place in a 24-hour period, we introduced this feature to immediately deal with the characters.

After testing the auto-jailer and confirming multiple times that the function will not interfere with regular gameplay, we set it up in all Worlds at December 17.
"

I'm thinking it was just the fact that you mentioned those words that you were Auto-Jailed :<
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 13:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:
So like. .My account has been suspended today and will be suspended til 3/26/09. I'm being accused of RMT action. I totally bought gil! [Thought I'd forget to mention this at first].

Had a GREAT Merit pt because I was using gear I just got from bying gil! Then Disbanded, ran back to Whitegate, and get another level sync party in Valk about a half hour later, while talking to a few peeps in {/Say} around the Entrance square to Al Zahbi. We were mentioning some crap about the sites that still have NOT been takin' care of by the Special Task Force (thank god), even though they were given MORE than enough complaints about the sites that are still up, and being used in {/tell} mode.

I mentioned how i bought gil from the one that comes up ALL the time about every day to me, in {/tell}, Brogame. My friend mentioned IGE and somethin else and how we refused to buy gil like a p***y, but his char was not suspended or put on "suspicion of Real Money Trading" Actions.

I can understand that theyre TRYING to crack down on RMT stuff, but they hit the right person! Its like, you cant mention that you bought gil at all. In tell mode. In your Linkshell. In your party.. I mean, really..? Is this what SE has come down to? They'll get you for saying it. But can't crack down the website that's been given to them, OR the players that have been complained about for buying/selling the same products over and over and over again? I mean I only bought it once.

Fixed the orignal post
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-24 15:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Elkanah said:
So like. .My account has been suspended today and will be suspended til 3/26/09. I'm being accused of RMT action. I totally bought gil! [Thought I'd forget to mention this at first].

Had a GREAT Merit pt because I was using gear I just got from bying gil! Then Disbanded, ran back to Whitegate, and get another level sync party in Valk about a half hour later, while talking to a few peeps in {/Say} around the Entrance square to Al Zahbi. We were mentioning some crap about the sites that still have NOT been takin' care of by the Special Task Force (thank god), even though they were given MORE than enough complaints about the sites that are still up, and being used in {/tell} mode.

I mentioned how i bought gil from the one that comes up ALL the time about every day to me, in {/tell}, Brogame. My friend mentioned IGE and somethin else and how we refused to buy gil like a p***y, but his char was not suspended or put on "suspicion of Real Money Trading" Actions.

I can understand that theyre TRYING to crack down on RMT stuff, but they hit the right person! Its like, you cant mention that you bought gil at all. In tell mode. In your Linkshell. In your party.. I mean, really..? Is this what SE has come down to? They'll get you for saying it. But can't crack down the website that's been given to them, OR the players that have been complained about for buying/selling the same products over and over and over again? I mean I only bought it once.

Fixed the orignal post

Nah Frob. I can vouch for Elk, and so can the rest of my lsmates--he doesn't buy gil. Believe what you want, but I'm just going to stick up for him here, he doesn't really deserve that. :/

He did, however, go 1/1 on a KC run. :O I CALL HAX!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 15:48:20
Link | Citer | R

He could be, I'm not really saying either way, but rarely do people get tagged with RMT activity that are comepletely innocent. If he is that sucks D: If he isn't then <Insert Nelson's laugh here>
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-24 15:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:
I did mention and type it in like brogame.com tbh x.x;

Anye said:
From http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4008/detail.html:

"(3)Auto-Jailer
This is a feature that automatically jails characters involved in illegal activities.
Up until now, we had investigated the logs of characters involved in illegal activities and then dealt with them the next day, but considering that RMT activities recently take place in a 24-hour period, we introduced this feature to immediately deal with the characters.

After testing the auto-jailer and confirming multiple times that the function will not interfere with regular gameplay, we set it up in all Worlds at December 17.
"

I'm thinking it was just the fact that you mentioned those words that you were Auto-Jailed :<
 Ragnarok.Azura
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 16:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Elk, I dont know you that well but I agree, I don't think you buy gil. I know people who do buy gil, that I wouldnt have believed it. So you never know.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-24 16:36:18
Link | Citer | R

PWNTEEF :D
 Ragnarok.Azura
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 16:41:04