Stupid *&^*&%%**& Campaign Battles...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
First Page 2 3
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 14:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Please, somebody tell me why, when someone aggro's the NM in a campaign battle, the first thing they want to do is run him over to where all the weakened people are resting, so they can promptly die and he can just go apeshit and kill everyone AGAIN?

Best is the Warmachine...I LOVE the fact that people just need to train him into a large group (that's 99% of the time already killing something)so, not only do they eat a death themselves, they get everyone else stunned/AOE'd to death as well. Awesome!

Last few battles I've been in have been SO annoying... >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-20 14:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Yea all that and campaign ends right when you warp to the battle! FU SE!!

I had went into a battle with a friend of mine and when we get our tags, he aggros the NM boss and I had went off to help others. Well he decided to bring it by me and dies and NM kills me next then everybody else and someone shouts "WTF Alyria!"....I didnt do it lol they even /tell me and I said it wasnt me lol Then they shout to not raise my friend and no one would raise me...sigh we had to get a ls member to warp thr to raise us lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 14:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Was in a battle night before last in East Ronnfaure, me as DNC and my trusty THF friend watching my back, fighting in a group of like 6-8 peeps on the hill (if you've campaigned in E.Ronnfaure you know where I'm talking about), one of which was a 75 PLD. THF goes to SATA on the PLD and he quick runs out of the way...I'm thinking "OK, maybe he didn't know what was going on" and let it slide.

Meanwhile I'm tanking and getting crushed with counters, using everything I've got to stay alive, when THF finally gets ready to SATA again, and wouldn't you know it, PLD sees THF getting behind him and immediately starts circling the mob so that THF can't stick hate on him. This happened at least 4 times, THF would get near PLD and PLD would freak out...he literally unlocked and ran AWAY at one point to avoid it...so it HAD to be intentional. WTF?! THF is like "UMM PLD WTF R U DOIN?!" to which we got no response...

Anyways, he pissed me off so I needed to vent. A few battles are really organized, most others just turn into a grabastic nightmare of death...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-20 15:01:25
Link | Citer | R

I thought the whole point of campaign battle was to MPK as many people as possible?

/sarcasm
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 15:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
If you don't like stuff hitting you maybe you shouldn't have chose PLD as a job? XD

I know, right? Plus the guy literally never used his MP, not a single Cure...I shudder to think what regular exp parties are like with that guy.

Hypnotizd said:
I thought the whole point of campaign battle was to MPK as many people as possible?

/sarcasm

That's funny, yet so sad, 'cause I really think some people feel that way lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 15:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
I get annoyed when you are soloing a mob in campaign away from everyone else and people feel the need to "help" you... go away mine!

Oh so much this.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-20 15:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Was in a battle night before last in East Ronnfaure, me as DNC and my trusty THF friend watching my back, fighting in a group of like 6-8 peeps on the hill (if you've campaigned in E.Ronnfaure you know where I'm talking about), one of which was a 75 PLD. THF goes to SATA on the PLD and he quick runs out of the way...I'm thinking "OK, maybe he didn't know what was going on" and let it slide.

Meanwhile I'm tanking and getting crushed with counters, using everything I've got to stay alive, when THF finally gets ready to SATA again, and wouldn't you know it, PLD sees THF getting behind him and immediately starts circling the mob so that THF can't stick hate on him. This happened at least 4 times, THF would get near PLD and PLD would freak out...he literally unlocked and ran AWAY at one point to avoid it...so it HAD to be intentional. WTF?! THF is like "UMM PLD WTF R U DOIN?!" to which we got no response...

Anyways, he pissed me off so I needed to vent. A few battles are really organized, most others just turn into a grabastic nightmare of death...

Was the pld even in your pt? If he wasnt then TA would do nothing. Unless they changed something.
 Ramuh.Thayil
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-03-20 15:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
I get annoyed when you are soloing a mob in campaign away from everyone else and people feel the need to "help" you... go away mine!

I get annoyed when I'm waiting 5+ minutes for a campaign to end, only to run away from everyone else and see someone soloing a mob.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 15:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Tavlov said:
Was the pld even in your pt? If he wasnt then TA would do nothing. Unless they changed something.

First one no, all the ones after yes (someone got ambitious and formed a party so everyone could enjoy my haste samba)...
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-20 15:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tavlov said:

First one no, all the ones after yes (someone got ambitious and formed a party so everyone could enjoy my haste samba)...

Ahh... then yes to this...

Krullga said:
Yea that is blatantly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. If he don't like stuff hitting him maybe he shouldn't have chose PLD as a job? XD
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 15:15:00
Link | Citer | R

What really pisses me off is when I disconnect after a long battle.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 15:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
What really pisses me off is when I disconnect after a long battle.

Agreed.

And holy crap Woooooooooooooooodum over 1000 posts?! ^^
 Bahamut.Revision
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-20 15:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:

Omg dude. You suck. If it wasn't for Ranger's and Bst, campaign's would last 2 hours while 98% of the people wait for you to kill your mob 2 miles away. Talk aboiut ignorant and rude. If your gonna solo, fine...but if you can't kill it before the others are dead, don't be selfish.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 15:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Revision said:
Krullgra said:

Omg dude. You suck. If it wasn't for Ranger's and Bst, campaign's would last 2 hours while 98% of the people wait for you to kill your mob 2 miles away. Talk aboiut ignorant and rude. If your gonna solo, fine...but if you can't kill it before the others are dead, don't be selfish.

I do kill it fast enough, now leave my mobs alone.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 15:42:05
Link | Citer | R

I find that more times than not I get plenty more experience soloing a monster out the range of NPC's than I do joining in with everyone else at the outpost. Since you're performing plenty more actions, you get plenty more actions to be evaluated over. I can recall on one hand how many times I've taken longer than everyone else, too.

I wouldn't call it ignorant; more the opposite, since it's better experience. It is rude, yes, but as I said, I can only recall one or two occasions where I've not finished the monster off before the rest are dead. I always fight in sight of the Outpost too.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-20 16:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:

I hate so much when people solo the mobs. They are there for everyone to kill, not just you. The most annoying is when someone pulls it all the way across the map, so that I have to run in this huge arc around the fortification to even be able to find it on widescan. That's just selfish. I can for sure see pulling it away from the NPC's a little bit so you can get some experience off it without the NPC's just destroying it, but if you are a million miles away from the fight, then you are just wasting everyone else's time.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 16:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
Liela said:
Krullgra said:

I hate so much when people solo the mobs. They are there for everyone to kill, not just you. The most annoying is when someone pulls it all the way across the map, so that I have to run in this huge arc around the fortification to even be able to find it on widescan. That's just selfish. I can for sure see pulling it away from the NPC's a little bit so you can get some experience off it without the NPC's just destroying it, but if you are a million miles away from the fight, then you are just wasting everyone else's time.

Then leave? How does that waste your time?

This
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-20 16:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
Liela said:
Krullgra said:

Then leave? How does that waste your time?

What I've found is that people who are rude enough to do it find it perfectly fine, while everyone else is frustrated with them. But if you think about it, it really is quite the waste. People sitting at the fortification have no idea if there is one mob being solo'ed in a corner somewhere or if there is another army on the way to fight, so it's difficult to leave. No one wants to leave a fight because they think someone is soloing, then sit in town for five minutes with no other fight on the map except that one, and realize that another army came. Seriously. Pull your mob away from the NPC's, fine. But don't be such a jerk that you need to pull it all the way across the map and waste everyone else's time.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Well I never take it that far and it annoys me when that happens too.
First Page 2 3