Stupid *&^*&%%**& Campaign Battles...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 16:14:26
Link | Citer | R

There isn't much worse than soloing 3/4 of a mob's hq then have everyone and their dog come start attacking the mob. What may be easy to tank solo is a whole different story with 20 people TPing a mob. And by the time others are attacking the mob, I have so much hate that it wont turn and just spams tp moves. So no, I don't want people to see it and come attack it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:15:16
Link | Citer | R

You get more experience for longer battles, since experience calculation is largely based on the duration of your tags. It's more efficient for better experience sticking at a battle longer and having your actions assessed over a larger time frame.

I much prefer longer battles, not only because I know I get more points, but also because they're just more enjoyable. There is no purpose to fighting a monster ten blocks away, you don't get any more experience fighting it over there than near the oustpost. Most of the time I believe people do it just to be ***, to be honest.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-20 16:16:21
Link | Citer | R

A lot of times, yes, I can run to any other country on the map and fight their battles. But a lot of times, there really is literally no other battles on the map, anywhere. Anyways, I don't have a problem with people pulling a mob a little ways away, the NPC's can destroy them so fast that sometimes you really have to be a ways away from them in order to get decent experience. It's just when people pull them so far away that they are not even on the map that annoys me.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-20 16:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
I get annoyed when you are soloing a mob in campaign away from everyone else and people feel the need to "help" you... go away mine!

I solo in Campaign a lot. All the people that wait for Campaign to literally end are just wasting their time. People solo mobs all the time, you should get used to just getting to the next one.

That being said, people who try to "help" me when I solo are ***. They usually just end up getting me killed with the extra TP they feed to the mob.

So lately I've been soloing really far away from the actual campaign spot. And I'm not kidding. REALLY far away. I had pulled a Moonfang Warrior to the southeast corner of East Ronfaure [S] the other day. People still managed to find me, but not until after they got sick of standing at the OP like dumbasses just staring blankly waiting for it to end.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:22:35
Link | Citer | R

What part about that makes them dumbasses? That's a little unnecessary.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 16:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
I will help people who look like they are soloing. Why?

If they took it upon themselves to decide a mob is theirs, I will take it upon myself to help.

<3

^This. It's a group event. If you wanna solo, go do some Ops or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 16:36:29
Link | Citer | R

If you're soloing something and killing it expediently, then it's not as big an issue if you're away from the battle. So either the mob that's being solo'd is damn near dead, so you're not losing out on much when people join in, or then you're not killing them fast enough to justify the amount of time everyone is sitting there waiting for you to be done, and have no right to complain when people swarm you to hasten the end of the battle. I'm certainly not gonna run off searching for that last mob if it gets put down quickly, and I'm sure most aren't either. On lower level jobs, I damn sure don't wanna be too far from the fort when my tags wear off lol
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-20 17:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Major gripes about campaign:

1) As it's been stated, selfish people who pull the mob away. You don't own the mob, they're for everybody. When I see it happening, I immediately assist and shout the <pos> so others can come help and end the battle.

2) SE nerfed it, thank god, but those douchebags who would show up to a battle only to sing/buff themselves.

3) Mages, I cannot overstate this. It will not kill you to take a moment to stop what you're doing and raise someone. /WHM likely does not compliment our job, and RR earrings are expensive. Have some consideration for the people out there fighting besides yourself. You will very likely get more exp healing, buffing, and raising than you will doing gimp club/saff damage. And before the inevitable ****storm about this part, I do at times whip out my SCH, and do exactly what I've outlined above.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-20 18:06:33
Link | Citer | R

if anything they need to stop the whole xbox crashs when you break 5k exp in CB /
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-20 18:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Ouch, Danagon ; ; /comfort. I have dialup, so um.... I hate it too. :<

Also, regarding this
Krullgra said:
Enternius said:
Krullgra said:
I get annoyed when you are soloing a mob in campaign away from everyone else and people feel the need to "help" you... go away mine!

I solo in Campaign a lot. All the people that wait for Campaign to literally end are just wasting their time. People solo mobs all the time, you should get used to just getting to the next one.

That being said, people who try to "help" me when I solo are ***. They usually just end up getting me killed with the extra TP they feed to the mob.

So lately I've been soloing really far away from the actual campaign spot. And I'm not kidding. REALLY far away. I had pulled a Moonfang Warrior to the southeast corner of East Ronfaure [S] the other day. People still managed to find me, but not until after they got sick of standing at the OP like dumbasses just staring blankly waiting for it to end.

It's funny how alot of people can take a post one way, I kill a normal campaign mob in decent time around a couple minutes no more than 4-5 at most, and its 2 char's on the mob. I don't hold a mob for a half hour in the corner of east kabumfok. That being said I prefer not to be bothered but I'm not an *** about it.

If they ask you to leave, you could respect their request and move elsewhere, OR you could take Barti's route which I wouldn't, in a normal situation, condone, but the fact that it's Barti saying it makes it that much less ***-ish. XD <3
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Serveur: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-03-20 18:27:51
Link | Citer | R

lol yeah i have to say i take my mob pretty far and i try to hide behind a tree so people dont come after my mob. it sucks soooo bad when mobs start spamming tp moves cause of everyone else. its not like they are going to heal u. just going to mpk u. alot of times if i pull a mob and ppl start attacking it, ill just leave it and grab another one :) pull mobs and wait a few seconds to see if anyone else is gonna engage ur mobs ;D
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 18:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Shindo said:
3) Mages, I cannot overstate this. It will not kill you to take a moment to stop what you're doing and raise someone. /WHM likely does not compliment our job, and RR earrings are expensive. Have some consideration for the people out there fighting besides yourself. You will very likely get more exp healing, buffing, and raising than you will doing gimp club/saff damage.

QFT. Sure, it sucks having to spend MP on a Raise, but just think how happy you made someone that didn't have to lay there dead for 20 minutes.

On the flipside, though, if it's a non-BST controlled zone, get the freaking reraise from the NPC for God's Sake. At least one. It only costs 30 Allied Notes which, for me anyways, is about 3% of what you're gonna come away with at the end.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-20 21:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Shindo said:
3) Mages, I cannot overstate this. It will not kill you to take a moment to stop what you're doing and raise someone. /WHM likely does not compliment our job, and RR earrings are expensive. Have some consideration for the people out there fighting besides yourself. You will very likely get more exp healing, buffing, and raising than you will doing gimp club/saff damage.

QFT. Sure, it sucks having to spend MP on a Raise, but just think how happy you made someone that didn't have to lay there dead for 20 minutes.

On the flipside, though, if it's a non-BST controlled zone, get the freaking reraise from the NPC for God's Sake. At least one. It only costs 30 Allied Notes which, for me anyways, is about 3% of what you're gonna come away with at the end.

This is true, anthough I generally only do campaign in Ronfaure cause I farm there, and since I'm allied with Bastok no temp items for me. That's why I only do it when NPCs are present so I can get a quick raise.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 21:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Shadowarrior said:
lol yeah i have to say i take my mob pretty far and i try to hide behind a tree so people dont come after my mob. it sucks soooo bad when mobs start spamming tp moves cause of everyone else. its not like they are going to heal u. just going to mpk u. alot of times if i pull a mob and ppl start attacking it, ill just leave it and grab another one :) pull mobs and wait a few seconds to see if anyone else is gonna engage ur mobs ;D

Maybe their purpose is to mpk the guy that runs away with a single mob, keeping the rest of the ppl standing around waiting, not knowing if battle is about to end or another wave is otw?
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-20 21:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:

Then leave? How does that waste your time?

To that end you have bastok, windy and sandy reagon's... plenty of campaign's to head to. I am not saying it is right, I am just pointing out there are other options.

To me, these statements are just as rude as if I was expeing as a PT on lesser colibris, and some level 75 comes and starts killing them solo, and when we ask him WTF he says "just find another camp, what are you complaining about? me? waste your time? that's totally okay... stop complaining guys... i am one person and you are a group of people? i know... relax... take it easy! THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS...

of course there are other (worse) options... that's not the point

most people there are making an unselfish effort to fight mobs in a way that also allows YOU to participate! why just come in and play differently when you know it's gonna screw everyone up? just because it's legal doesn't mean it's nice

about your argument: "just move on to the next campaign"... there are what ... 20 campaign sites? and usually not more than 25% of them are up at once? what if 5 players on the whole server are doing the same thing at the same time? that screws hundreds of people trying to have some fun? if that's not selfish, i don't know how to call it

Edit: when the music is still going, and because of this, you don't know if there's going to be a next wave, do you enjoy having to change zone and find a new campaign site that's up, not knowing if it's the right decision and sometimes hurting your exp flow? for what? because one person decided to run away with one mob so he'll get a miserable 500 exp more? that's worse than stealing mobs from an exp PT for a crappy little field of valor bonus if ya ask me..

i solo some campaign mobs too, i know it gives more exp, just don't go as far as COMPLAINING about the people who /assist you... what, you want them to /sit while you get all the exp? would YOU wait and watch like an idiot? i don't think so... if you can kill them real fast like you pretend, why do you then feel the need to move so far away so people can't come to "help"?

they want the next wave to come asap, and if there's not going to be one, they want to know, so they can move on too...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-20 21:35:42
Link | Citer | R

If your soloing and have built up a serious amount of hate, when everyone comes to attack it, you can just unlock and run it around. People will just give up and leave you to your soloing when all they can do is chase a mob around and not hit it.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-20 22:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Wooooodum said:
What really pisses me off is when I disconnect after a long battle.

Agreed.

And holy crap Woooooooooooooooodum over 1000 posts?! ^^

lol guess he never takes a break from this site
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-20 22:03:47
Link | Citer | R

I dont see the point in soloing a campaign mob, your not gaining anything at all and you are getting slower xp. So...?
 Ifrit.Cesarl
Serveur: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-03-21 10:45:04
Link | Citer | R

If you want to solo, take a boss and run it far away, nobody would follow you.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-21 10:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Cesarl said:

yeah lol, take the big bad NM and run it far away from everyone else, I know I wouldn't complain lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 11:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Cesarl said:

Especially the Warmachine. Or the dragon. I wouldn't mind one bit if they got pulled across the zone lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 11:32:12
Link | Citer | R

This guy:

User submitted image

Get him the hell out of there!!! ^^

Good luck trying to reraise if you die anywhere near him, ain't *** happening lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 11:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
Hahahaha that's priceless. 5 gil says 90% didn't get RR for 30 notes...

Oh, it doesn't even matter, he spams AOE's at like twice the speed of the warmachine. That battle, I got there, got my tags, took 3 steps...immediately AOE'd and dead. Reraised annnnnnd....dead again. Got a raise from some guy annnnnnnd....dead again lol

I literally had to wait for them to leave. 30 minutes of time down the shitter, WOOT! ^^