Stupid *&^*&%%**& Campaign Battles...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
Stupid *&^*&%%**& campaign battles...
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 11:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Krullgra said:
I have gotten 1500 exp just from constant death during one campaign. Die on krull, RR myself on second char, and repeat, good exp on both and didn't really do anything at all XD

Nice, I wish I had multiple accounts, I would so do that lol
 Bahamut.Citag
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-03-21 12:29:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Krullgra said:
Hahahaha that's priceless. 5 gil says 90% didn't get RR for 30 notes...

Oh, it doesn't even matter, he spams AOE's at like twice the speed of the warmachine. That battle, I got there, got my tags, took 3 steps...immediately AOE'd and dead. Reraised annnnnnd....dead again. Got a raise from some guy annnnnnnd....dead again lol

I literally had to wait for them to leave. 30 minutes of time down the shitter, WOOT! ^^

I learned the hard way, so now everytime before I get new tags I always check my surrroundings!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-21 12:56:24
Link | Citer | R

/surroundingscheck

Results: Shadowfang, Shadowhorn, Vee Qiqa, Any Quadav General, and a random cannon.

Edit: Also 97 -ga spelling elementals.

Conclusion: Get tags anyways and run?
 Kujata.Gooby
Serveur: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-03-21 13:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Shindo said:
Major gripes about campaign:

1) As it's been stated, selfish people who pull the mob away. You don't own the mob, they're for everybody. When I see it happening, I immediately assist and shout the <pos> so others can come help and end the battle.

I do that too but only after everything is dead. I don't really care if someone wants to solo stuff while everyone else is busy. But afterwards, I already know where people run stuff to in most areas so I casually cruise on over and shout. The "herd" comes and kills it, campaign over :D
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-21 14:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Tavlov said:
I dont see the point in soloing a campaign mob, your not gaining anything at all and you are getting slower xp. So...?

If by slower xp you mean a hell of a lot more xp then yes you are correct.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-21 14:27:53
Link | Citer | R

In regards to the NM's, several of them aren't really that bad, they just get really bad when 25 people are feeding them tp.

Their tp moves are serious and will crush most anyone when done over and over, but on just sam/dnc I can hold a few forever and could eventually kill, but not really in campaign time frame.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-21 14:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Yea, on the note of soloing a mob, on PLD/DNC I can attack the "herd"s mob and leave with 1-1.5k per battle, or I can go solo 1 mob myself and leave with 3-4k. There's the reason why right there.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 14:36:01
Link | Citer | R

If you're killing it fast enough to not inconvenience everyone else by prolonging the battle's end for 20 minutes, then I'm sure nobody cares...

But holding it off in the boonies is kinda bitchy, and complaining about people killing "your" mob, especially given the fact that it's a group event, is kinda bitchy, too.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-21 14:38:03
Link | Citer | R

I understand that. But when your trying to solo a mob and another PLD comes up, spams every JA he has, and then Invincibles to steal your hate, it gets a little annoying.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-21 14:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'm not gonna go out of my way to take hate on a mob that someone else is tanking...
 Bahamut.Vette
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2009-03-21 16:45:02
Link | Citer | R

RDM75/NIN37
yea, there are certian issues in battles. i don't mind the soloer's if they can kill it in time. but for the ones who complain about the "help" jumpin in. u got 2 issues to resolve:
1) this is a group event. goal is to eliminate all threats to the fortification.
2) if ur gettin help when u think ur soloing a campain mob, ur not killing it fast enough and i'll jump right in just to "help" kill it and throw in a Haste on the tank.

Mages(70+), if u got silence to cast on mage/BRD/NIN mobs. use it! the DD will luv ya for it. Dispel and erase works wonders too
if it don't stick, then u might need a skill up pty instead of campaining.

for the campain noobs. DO NOT bring the NM to pc players. take them to the NPCs. they don't have anything to loose. they will agro the NM.

On getting tags when mobs have the Tag NPC buried. just keep urself from their line of sight*their backs are towards u. so u gotta wait 1 minute if theres 1 lingering to lock-on the fort or NPC.

This is a war in WotG. we're on the same side. Noone cares about glory hounds. Let's get the battle done and move to the next.
 Siren.Enko
Serveur: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-03-23 08:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
If your soloing and have built up a serious amount of hate, when everyone comes to attack it, you can just unlock and run it around. People will just give up and leave you to your soloing when all they can do is chase a mob around and not hit it.

I dont, I sic my pet on it. Tigers hit n the run.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 08:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Enko said:
Frobeus said:
If your soloing and have built up a serious amount of hate, when everyone comes to attack it, you can just unlock and run it around. People will just give up and leave you to your soloing when all they can do is chase a mob around and not hit it.

I dont, I sic my pet on it. Tigers hit n the run.

Lucky for me, I never see BST in campaign.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-23 09:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Lucky for me, I never see BST in campaign.

Wow, really? On Fairy some battles are ridiculous with the number of BSTs in them, in Jugner like ever Smilodon in the zone will be charmed and beating on the fort lol
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-23 13:01:23
Link | Citer | R

the thing that pisses me off about Campaign Battles is that people that make a bad pull drag it off to 2-3 people and die killing others, most time it people that are new to campaign.

another point PLD hate tanking in campaign, if your a PLD and turn away and not take hate then OMG lolPLD's, lmao. i have been in that situation (lucky tha there was NPC's) 5xPLD and me in in the Fort and i had hate from 8 mobs all the PLD did not want any hate (understandably), only 8 mobs coz somone dragged them to me (and i got hate from curing etc), ME on RDM/NIN tanking 8 mobs PLDs doing jack ***to take hate, no cure, no voke, nothing. WTF are PLD's so scared of.

anyway i was getting cure bombed by NPC's like 4-5 cure IV at a time, i lived and LOVED the exp 2 tags 7.2k exp 1 battle {Yes Please} long *** battle tho.

but anyway RDM/WAR pwns in campaign i know but heh need to lvl war first. somome times i get agro from like 4-5 mobs in west sarutabaruta never anywhere else, but coz i am /NIN most times i run to windy zone, normally get far enough away recast shaddows and they end up heading back to the fortification. but i NEVER drag mobs to other groups, i got some respect for other players, if i get the NM then Gravity Bind DoT shaddows and maybe a slow and para2 sometims but Blind sucks is all i need, sucks when ya get a resist tho >.<
 Ifrit.Kalix
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-25 19:30:09
Link | Citer | R

My biggest issue, other than the people who drag mobs far away as stated many times above, are mages that refuse to heal/buff.

Many times, I go on either Mnk/Dnc or Sam/Dnc and I can solo, but I don't so as not to be rude to others. I'll have a mage meleeing with me, which doesn't bother me until I start getting the ***beat out of me and when I'm in the red for my 1800+ HP, they can't spare a Cure? How about a simple Pro/Shell? If I'm tanking a mob and you just get to sit there and attack, be courteous enough to spill some of you MP reservoir to help keep my tanking-*** alive.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-25 21:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Kalix said:
My biggest issue, other than the people who drag mobs far away as stated many times above, are mages that refuse to heal/buff.

Many times, I go on either Mnk/Dnc or Sam/Dnc and I can solo, but I don't so as not to be rude to others. I'll have a mage meleeing with me, which doesn't bother me until I start getting the ***beat out of me and when I'm in the red for my 1800+ HP, they can't spare a Cure? How about a simple Pro/Shell? If I'm tanking a mob and you just get to sit there and attack, be courteous enough to spill some of you MP reservoir to help keep my tanking-*** alive.

as RDM i do cast cure, pro, shell, even a haste on others from time to time, BUT for those ignorant mofo PLD's that are ***scared of tanking in campaign when i as RDM/NIN is tanking 3+ mobs then your name is noted and never recieve nothing from me in campaign. EVER. PLD = TANK not PLD = leteveroneelsetankeventhoihavebetterdefthanthem
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 22:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Darkvision said:
PLD = TANK not PLD = leteveroneelsetankeventhoihavebetterdefthanthem

Word!