Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » final fantasy 7 remake
final fantasy 7 remake
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:00:10
Link | Citer | R

FF7 is overrated and is not worth the investment, people like you who live in the past is what ruins it for everyone else.
 Asura.Sandolphon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-23 12:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I think a lot of people who hate on ff7/don't want a remake are those that hate it because its popular. I find those people to be pigs.
Its perhaps the most overrated game in history. Its an alright game, and the story doesn't absolutely suck but the presentation, in all honesty, was rather shitty. Just not a big fan of my rpg plotlines being released in a whodunit fashion. People complain about FFXIIIs linearity and that game, while being essentially on rails, contains ten times the plot and character development of VII and in a far more interesting manner.

So was ff4... cliche story and horrible presentation to boot. Yet none of you anti fan boys come out and talk ***about how SE has remade this ***4+ times.
The original FFIV is better than FFVII. Those remakes they made also don't cost alot of money/time/effort. People assume (not saying you do, just saying some people) that because FFVII has already been done that a remake would be quick/easy to make.

It wouldn't. They're not going to be able to use anything from the original, not even script if they do voice overs. I would guess an HD remake would take 3-4 years of development at least. Thats just not something they want to do, or I want to see/read about for 3-4 years.

Now what they could do...is port it to 3DS and PSP. I'd buy that.

Inb4 already in virtual store. Sorry to break it to you, but virtual games arent GAMES.
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-03-23 12:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Um I already gave you a good comparison. FF4 was a 2d shitty looking game and remade with 3d graphics and cutscenes/voice overs. The jump from 2d to 3d with the additional bonuses is very similar to taking a ps1 game and making it into a ps3 game.
Clearly this man is a video game programmer, cause how else would he know that it's so easy!!

I mean SE made games for PS1, 2 and 3! it would probably take them 2 weeks and 20 bucks to make, clearly
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 12:00:52
Link | Citer | R

wtf gives anyone the idea that SE wants to make something original? honestly i've come to the conclusion that since Square became Square ENIX they don't give a *** about anything but money. the games have taken a turn for the worst. FF12 was not good. FF13 is really about graphics and grandeur, i didn't find the story very in-depth or particularly as interesting as i had hoped. 14 is a joke. 11 was the last of the main series that was hard in the making while they were Square Soft. all the off series, random JRPGs haven't been impressive either. Enix pushed every penny out of FF7 fans they could get with all the many different extras that followed. (not that they were all enix). since they're still selling copies of FF7, there's no need for a remake yet. when people stop buying, they'd find something else to remake for people to buy. i've been a square fan since FF7 US release. i know many can top that. but i'm just saying that things are not near how they used to be, and everything leads to enix. i've lost hope in things improving honestly. but no one else can make games anymore either, so i'll deal with it.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-03-23 12:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Wafflechan said:
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Wafflechan said:
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
FF7 will be remade one day, its only a matter of time.
They never will, because not as many people love FF7 as you think, I for one dont like it. Also they wouldn't remake it with higher graphics etc. the most you might get is a re-release on DSi/3DS or PSP
What makes you say this as fact? I think its pretty obvious the amount of people that like FF7...
Theres no doubt about this. Of course people like FF7, but ppl like the other FFS to, when has an old ff game ever been remade into a higher res version? SE will not burn money on something thats already been made. It'll stay a legend. Will use the money to make something newer and original.
Hello, have you ever met FF4?
lol if you think FF4 is higher res and a better remake, think again <.< If they make it into a crappy gfx game then by all means do it, that doesnt require all that much money, but to remake it into an ps3 game. then your fking out of your mind. thats something entirely different. so hello, theres no compaireson
uh, Say hello to Perfect Dark, 64 bit game revamped into 1080pi HD graphics for xbox 360. It ISNT that hard at all, just time consuming.
That's not a remake though! lol Thats another noncompaireson.
It is too a remake, they brought it onto a completely different system, rehauled 64bit pixels into HD graphics, revamped the controls for another system, made it online compatible etc. They took an old game and made it 21st century. Try again

you are completely offtopic, and it's obvious you don't know what we mean by remake.

remake is same storyline, same battlestryle, same systems, fixed graphics.... Perfect Dark does not fit them guidelines. use your brain. if thats a remake then half of the games out right now are all remakes. /sigh

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Please just giveup already >.> If they did a remake on a title like FF7 it would be pointless and a huge waste of time and money.

Stop looking into the past FFS and instead let them make FF13 Vs. 13-2 and all future titles.

FF7 is fine how it is its playable on PS1/PS2/PS3 and PSP so its fine how it is.

Thank you, bout time someone finally understands.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Please just giveup already >.> If they did a remake on a title like FF7 it would be pointless and a huge waste of time and money.

Stop looking into the past FFS and instead let them make FF13 Vs. 13-2 and all future titles.

FF7 is fine how it is its playable on PS1/PS2/PS3 and PSP so its fine how it is.

How about you give up? How would it be pointless if it made them profit... Anyone saying ff7 remake will not make profit is delusional. Look at how much the ff7 franchise has sold.

Yes its sold alot, its also nearly 20 years old.

we want NEW games not remakes of old ***which has been around for nearly 2 decades
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-03-23 12:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sandolphon said:

Inb4 already in virtual store. Sorry to break it to you, but virtual games arent GAMES.
Digital Distribution is the future of gaming, get over it, so you won't be disappointed next generation
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 12:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

How about you give up? How would it be pointless if it made them profit... Anyone saying ff7 remake will not make profit is delusional. Look at how much the ff7 franchise has sold.

we want NEW games not remakes of old ***which has been around for nearly 2 decades
why do you think they care what we want? i they care what we'll buy. and if it's got Final Fantasy on it, we will. they know that.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Good lord this thread is swimming with mouth breathers.

Quote:
Clearly this man is a video game programmer, cause how else would he know that it's so easy!!

I mean SE made games for PS1, 2 and 3! it would probably take them 2 weeks and 20 bucks to make, clearly

I never said anything about how time consuming or costly it would be aside from the fact that cost wouldn't matter. I was comparing what that other guy said was impossible. The leap from 2d to 3d, from snes to DS, isn't that far from a leap from ps1 to ps3...
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-23 12:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Gib said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Digital Distribution is the future of gaming, get over it, so you won't be disappointed next generation
Meh, I realize this. And I own a few PS Classics from the store already. (Suikoden, Wild Arms...) But they're still not games. I mean one day Sony could tank and I'd lose all those games, but as long as there are wall outlets and electricity I can play my hard copies.
 Bismarck.Torvak
Serveur: Bismarck
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-23 12:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No.. that is extremely wrong. A lot of work goes into making games, it isn't the work of one single person. You are delusional.
The others show the lead stuff, he/she accepts or dismisses it, what do you think there is, a voting system?
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

why do you think they care what we want? i they care what we'll buy. and if it's got Final Fantasy on it, we will. they know that.

What's the point of living in the past, fair enough people would buy it and like it, but MORE people will enjoy a newer title and it would bring more customers to want it.

Nearly everyone has seen/heard FF7 and why remake a game that say 50% of ppl will buy when instead they can make a game like FF13-Verus which 90% of people might buy.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

They are making new games you idiot. Who cares if they remake one, you think the entire staff works on one game at a time or is a small group of 5 people? Honestly, stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 12:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

What's the point of living in the past, fair enough people would buy it and like it, but MORE people will enjoy a newer title and it would bring more customers to want it.

Nearly everyone has seen/heard FF7 and why remake a game that say 50% of ppl will buy when instead they can make a game like FF13-Verus which 90% of people might buy.
i'm sorry but i'm convinced that SE doesn't know how to make new games like they used to.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
No.. that is extremely wrong. A lot of work goes into making games, it isn't the work of one single person. You are delusional.
The others show the lead stuff, he/she accepts or dismisses it, what do you think there is, a voting system?

You have obviously worked on a video game amirite? That couldn't be farther from the truth.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:06:17
Link | Citer | R

Its all about getting new customers, money and keeping old customers.

You're never going to get new ones if you keep remaking old ***that the've already played
 Caitsith.Ravant
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-03-23 12:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

LOL'd
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cerderic said:
wtf gives anyone the idea that SE wants to make something original? honestly i've come to the conclusion that since Square became Square ENIX they don't give a *** about anything but money. the games have taken a turn for the worst. FF12 was not good. FF13 is really about graphics and grandeur, i didn't find the story very in-depth or particularly as interesting as i had hoped. 14 is a joke. 11 was the last of the main series that was hard in the making while they were Square Soft. all the off series, random JRPGs haven't been impressive either. Enix pushed every penny out of FF7 fans they could get with all the many different extras that followed. (not that they were all enix). since they're still selling copies of FF7, there's no need for a remake yet. when people stop buying, they'd find something else to remake for people to buy. i've been a square fan since FF7 US release. i know many can top that. but i'm just saying that things are not near how they used to be, and everything leads to enix. i've lost hope in things improving honestly. but no one else can make games anymore either, so i'll deal with it.

This is entirely subjective to opinion. FF12 was an awesome game and received great ratings. Stop thinking your opinion is what everyone else has as well.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-23 12:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
you are completely offtopic, and it's obvious you don't know what we mean by remake.

remake is same storyline, same battlestryle, same systems, fixed graphics.... Perfect Dark does not fit them guidelines. use your brain. if thats a remake then half of the games out right now are all remakes
Oi, just stop, you are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Compare these screenshots:and this one:Same game, but completely overhauled from 64bit to beautiful HD graphics. It is not hard to do the same for FF7. But back on topi, I dont want a 7 remake, it wasnt that great of a game to begin with.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:07:06
Link | Citer | R

SE has teams of people yes, but if you think it only takes 5 people to create a game such as FF13 you are retarted, more people than 5 is needed for just the voices FFS.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-23 12:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

They are making new games you idiot. Who cares if they remake one, you think the entire staff works on one game at a time or is a small group of 5 people? Honestly, stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
An HD remake of FFVII wouldn't be a small team. The dev team would have to be on the scale of FFXIII. With a production time just as long but honestly...probably longer, considering Gaia would consist of much more physical content than Pulse/Cocoon.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:

You're never going to get new ones if you keep remaking old ***that the've already played

OMGOSH, thats why when they ***out a remake of FF4 every year they never have time for new games! I mean, golly, they never made a FF13 or 14 or tons of spin offs for DS/PSP such as parasite eve 3 because they were too busy remaking FF4 for the psp coming out next month!
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
Serveur: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-03-23 12:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Picture vs no picture! hoyl
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:08:10
Link | Citer | R

A remake means the WHOLE story is the same, not just the graphic effects have been enhanced.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-23 12:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
A remake means the WHOLE story is the same, not just the graphic effects have been enhanced.

No ***? Which means its even easier to make.

Quote:
SE has teams of people yes, but if you think it only takes 5 people to create a game such as FF13 you are retarted, more people than 5 is needed for just the voices FFS.

looooooooooooooooool
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-23 12:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

An HD remake of FFVII wouldn't be a small team. The dev team would have to be on the scale of FFXIII. With a production time just as long but honestly...probably longer, considering Gaia would consist of much more physical content than Pulse/Cocoon.

Thank you, someone who understands
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-03-23 12:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
They said they were never going to raise the level cap for ffxi either.

Ent said he's never go back to playing FFXI either.

Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-23 12:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:

i'm not sure where this is going. idk about things in japan, but in the US FF is rarely advertised, and not well when it is. anyone i know that doesn't love FF, hates them because they're blizzard *** fans. SE doesn't need NEW customers and either way, it's an enormous company, and they work and multiple projects at once. i don't remember the last time that i didn't know about at least 3 FFs in the making at the same time.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-23 12:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Wafflechan said:
Quote:

remake is same storyline, same battlestryle, same systems, fixed graphics.... Perfect Dark does not fit them guidelines. use your brain. if thats a remake then half of the games out right now are all remakes
Oi, just stop, you are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Compare these screenshots:and this one:Same game, but completely overhauled from 64bit to beautiful HD graphics. It is not hard to do the same for FF7. But back on topi, I dont want a 7 remake, it wasnt that great of a game to begin with.
They dont want a simple upscaling, Waff. They want a full *** overhaul. From this to this
 Alexander.Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-03-23 12:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Quote:

I never said anything about how time consuming or costly it would be aside from the fact that cost wouldn't matter. I was comparing what that other guy said was impossible. The leap from 2d to 3d, from snes to DS, isn't that far from a leap from ps1 to ps3...
U mad bro?

you saying 'They will make it for PS3/XBox, because they remade a SNES game to DS and it probably just as easy' Shows that your logic is indeed dwarfing ours.

Even though SE themselves said different, clearly you're such a nose breather you know better!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13