Abyssea Era Ending?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 11:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
Probaly has been said but, you all asume abyssea is going to end. When you have every player buying the addon for 10$. Its a good. Chunk of change and SE loves money. So I can see us having more abyssea type addons. Plus with abyssea they left the story open a tad so I wouldn't mind some more addons. Just look at the last mission they leave you on name.
They left it open? I never read CSs so IDK :3 But isn't the last CS that you sit there on the empyreal paradox thing and talk to prishe that everything is over now?
Well technically you thought it was over before now... and the whole abyssea thing is because it wasn't.

But didn't SE say awhile back that this would be the last abyssea addon?

It's not like they can't make other addons. In fact it would be better since the more abyssea ones they make the less necessary each one becomes. Make something completely new and different on the other hand... well different and new on the surface anyways.
They also said we would be 99 by now :3

@Serj, Someone on Cerberus tried a few Vrtra PuGs. Was funny
 Alexander.Gatlinc
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gatlinc
By Alexander.Gatlinc 2011-02-27 11:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Who started this nonsense-Abyssea ending.....and u all fell for it!
/facepalm.....

[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 12:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
Probaly has been said but, you all asume abyssea is going to end. When you have every player buying the addon for 10$. Its a good. Chunk of change and SE loves money. So I can see us having more abyssea type addons. Plus with abyssea they left the story open a tad so I wouldn't mind some more addons. Just look at the last mission they leave you on name.
They left it open? I never read CSs so IDK :3 But isn't the last CS that you sit there on the empyreal paradox thing and talk to prishe that everything is over now?
Well technically you thought it was over before now... and the whole abyssea thing is because it wasn't.

But didn't SE say awhile back that this would be the last abyssea addon?

It's not like they can't make other addons. In fact it would be better since the more abyssea ones they make the less necessary each one becomes. Make something completely new and different on the other hand... well different and new on the surface anyways.
They also said we would be 99 by now :3

@Serj, Someone on Cerberus tried a few Vrtra PuGs. Was funny
no they didnt, they said when all is said and done, we would be 99, they didnt actually say when.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-27 12:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Well actually they said we would be increasing in level cap to 99 and only gave us three stages
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 12:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Well, the stages could have just been a year calender for 2010. It did stop at December as far as I can remember.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 12:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, the stages could have just been a year calender for 2010. It did stop at December as far as I can remember.
and everything noted on that chart was completed, and we are getting different updates now.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 12:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Pretty sure the stages were quite accurate and it stopped at December yeah, but we also got the third addon during December. Idk, don't think it was just a calender but who knows. It's SE afterall
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 12:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
and everything noted on that chart was completed, and we are getting different updates now.
The chart never said anything about lv 99 though. They said in update notes that we'd end at 99, but numbers were never on that chart.

It was just level cap increase, level cap increase, level cap increase.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 12:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Pretty sure the stages were quite accurate and it stopped at December yeah, but we also got the third addon during December. Idk, don't think it was just a calender but who knows. It's SE afterall
it was a calender based soley on abyssea

Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-02-27 12:32:44
Link | Citer | R

For everyone's viewing pleasure. \o/
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 12:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Zohnax said:
*snickerIinb4'dyousnicker*
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 12:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Well, his is superior, lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 12:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Zohnax said:
*snickerIinb4'dyousnicker*
You might have gotten in first but his was bigger
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-27 12:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, his is superior, lol.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-27 12:40:37
Link | Citer | R

When CoP came out it was no different, when the cap was raised to 75, it was no different. People all asked the same thing, "What now?" SE didn't let us down then and I don't personally, feel any reason to start thinking they would start now. Abbysea, like dyna, is a means to get AFIII and some other gearz. When AF2 was available everyone that had it was sporting 5/5 full-time. AF2 pieces are situational, but necessary for their respective builds. AFIII will be no different, imo. Better gearz won't make AFIII obsolete, just situational. As far as battle areas go, Walk of echoes, and Wotg still has plenty of room to grow. Abyssea kindred seal burning circle fights, like bcnm's are sure to be a hit as well. The point is, there's still alot of options. Our (their) limitations are bordered only by their imagination. Ours too, as we have an influence as to how we'd like to see FFXI develop.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-02-27 12:41:24
Link | Citer | R

There could be another box that says Level cap increase IV. Yeah, they alluded that it'd be done in 3 stages, but using that chart alone as proof doesn't matter. They accomplished everything there (except Walk of Echoes II?).
 Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-02-27 12:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:
There could be another box that says Level cap increase IV. Yeah, they alluded that it'd be done in 3 stages, but using that chart alone as proof doesn't matter. They accomplished everything there (except Walk of Echoes II?).
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
The chart never said anything about lv 99 though. They said in update notes that we'd end at 99, but numbers were never on that chart.

It was just level cap increase, level cap increase, level cap increase.
gg
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 12:45:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:

Walk of Echoes II was the other 4. At first, just the Crabs, Slimes and Antlions were open, and even available to be unlocked. At WoEII, Hydras, Khimaira, Cerberus and Yilbegan were "Available" but not unlocked (as per the battle requirements).
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-02-27 13:02:49
Link | Citer | R

The level cap will remain at 90 as long as it was at 75. People will adjust and become far more elitist; not having the atma that gives you one more DA than VV will make you supar n00b. Prices of stat+8 rings will rise astronomically.

In 2018, SE will release a set of battle-oriented add-ons wherein players cross dimensions and visit strange equivalents of currently existing zones, but the skies will contain an eerie green hue. Along with these new zones come trials and tribulations, ultimately culminating in rewards of grand proportions, including new artifact armor.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 13:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Herc said:
meh the aftermath from all those weps still gonna make it worth it...atleast from what ive seen outside abyssea...blade hi was doing work and then blade jin with that aftermath up was pretty sexy too

Aftermath doesn't affect WS
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 13:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
The level cap will remain at 90 as long as it was at 75. People will adjust and become far more elitist; not having the atma that gives you one more DA than VV will make you supar n00b. Prices of stat+8 rings will rise astronomically.

In 2018, SE will release a set of battle-oriented add-ons wherein players cross dimensions and visit strange equivalents of currently existing zones, but the skies will contain an eerie green hue. Along with these new zones come trials and tribulations, ultimately culminating in rewards of grand proportions, including new artifact armor.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Actually, you're like the 50th person to say that, damn near word-for-word. Sorry to burst the bubble.
 Leviathan.Thania
Serveur: Leviathan
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2011-02-27 13:17:55
Link | Citer | R

i'd like S-E tell us they will release a new expansion pack

as we can see on this map there are a lot of areas we havent visited yet...
i'll be very happy to visit Tenzen's home land and continue the Last verse main story
id'like to see an extent on all end game contents : salvage II, new dynamis, einherjar etc

S-E has to recreate life in all the areas of the games : old vanadiel / aht urgan and past
i think lvl 30 to 75 people should not gain xp in abyssea but that's another problem ...

in my opinion SE should continue to let us obtain good gears in abyssea in the purpose to use them wisely in the "real word"

a good system would be to be able to use atma outside but only 1 time !!!
lets say you use voracious violet outside you loose the atma and have to refarm it in abyssea

ps : by the way havent you noticed atma are in the temporay item menu ?
 Ifrit.Herc
Serveur: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-02-27 13:22:08
Link | Citer | R

I liked a lot points stated in this forum but once again like in past forums some butthurt elitists come in herecand bad mouth players saying, "oh yea all these noobs and their mother rocking AF3+2" and to u asshats i say stop with your exaggerated ***. Idk bout your servers but on Ifrit but a noob from pre abyssea is still identifiable post abyssea... the 'scrubs' u so call them are lvl 90 rocking full perle/aurore/teal gear...or the occasional perle/twilight DD. 99/100 times a person rockin af3+2 are pretty good at their job and gives players who were just aa skilled as u elitists to gear the same way. These elitists making these noob comments are old HNM leaders and sackholders who sucked their *** to get epeen gear out the *** and then leave behind the other 5-8 pearl members that put in those horrible 5 6 7 am mornings camping fafnir and have ***to show for it besides a title or random BB item.. So with that in mInd my standpoint on abyssea is pretty obvious... Im sure these examples sound like im just bitching about past personal problems.. But im sure there are many that can relate
and now stand next to *** with equal gear they deserved just as much pre abyssea

Edit: sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-27 13:29:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if FFXI's client base is large enough to make it an economic viability for a real (TOAU style) Expansion anymore, I hope I'm wrong though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-27 13:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Like Jaerik said before, XI is in its closing state. As much of a failure XIV was, it's being worked on to make it the flagship MMO title and it seems to be working.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Like Jaerik said before, XI is in its closing state. As much of a failure XIV was, it's being worked on to make it the flagship MMO title and it seems to be working.

The biggest issue imo that ffxiv has is something else Jaerik pointed out. The game is entirely free-to-play right now. How are you going to work it into being a pay-to-play MMO again? People are going to expect it to be free, and when that changes there's going to be a huge shock to the current player base.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Walk of Echoes II was the other 4. At first, just the Crabs, Slimes and Antlions were open, and even available to be unlocked. At WoEII, Hydras, Khimaira, Cerberus and Yilbegan were "Available" but not unlocked (as per the battle requirements).
And wtf are those requirements. My server only has hydra
By Serj 2011-02-27 14:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
And wtf are those requirements. My server only has hydra

I believe it's just beating 1/2/3 multiple times. 1 unlocks 4, 2 unlocks 5, 3 unlocks 6.

Everyone and their mother clears slimes and always has. No one ever clears ants and crabs.

Assuming opening 7 means beating 4/5/6 a lot, also.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12