Abyssea Era Ending?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 04:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Do you one shot him with this set?

[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2011-02-28 04:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Didn't pretty much all the storylines in FFXI end with a "to be continued..." type deal? Even though they were done?

It's like a "Good job saving the world, but remember to stay on guard and continue playing just in case some new threat comes along! (It never will, but we'll leave it open because it's an MMO, and the game never fuggin finishes anything.)"

They could have done so much more with the Abyssea story arc, but why bother when people spam CSs anyways? SE knew people wanted shiny things, and they loaded the add ons full of em. I'm pretty sure they are done with this series of side quests though, unless I missed the announcement that the words "Completion" and "Trilogy" mean "More to come" and "More than 3." ?

It's entirely possible I missed the memo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 05:02:18
Link | Citer | R

No I am sure its either of two things.

One- They felt that FFXIV was gonna be such a huge success that they thought they would give FFXI a final parting with these expansions. They realized midway that FFXIV was a total shitfest and decided to make it seem that there is more after what they had originally planned to be the end.

Two- They have something planned for us for the final stretch of 90~99. This is assuming they had something planned all along and not #1 where FFXIV changed everything for them so they could hold onto what subs they have.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-28 05:02:20
Link | Citer | R

I mean the way its ended.. as stated before.. the fact people can beat it with 6 at lvl 90.. so 99 will be even easier.

i didnt say it was a terrible boss i just said id be disappointed if this is the be all and end all of abyssea.

You trying to say you'll be happy that there is nothing significantly harder for the super gods who have all the super gear in the world to defeat at 99? or you happy just to epeen?

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Do you one shot him with this set?
the set ive not used in how long? in fact the set isnt even actually that accurate but never mind keep on keeping on
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 05:04:02
Link | Citer | R

I thought my opinion was well known by now. Considering its an expansion mission, 6 man limit was fine. I do hope harder things come along, but not really with Abyssea. Kinda tired of it already.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-28 05:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Can't be that long ago... it has perle and spiral ring. The fact you ever used it just speaks a lot about your play style.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-28 05:08:25
Link | Citer | R

you ever thought people use it to take account of the gear they have for a job rather than a "gearset" per sé. fact is the only pieces of that gear i even use for warrior is the brutal earring and raja's ring. so yeh.. enjoy.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2011-02-28 05:09:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure they have 'something' planned for 99. Whether it be a knee-jerk response to get something out there, or a carefully planned last hurrah to go out on, only time will tell.

I expect 90-95 will give us new and more exciting ToM though! Like "collect these 50 items that are incredibly easy to get but also super time consuming so that we can hide our lack of diversity and challenge behind this wall of tediousness." ... dot dot dot. "Congratulations! Here's some gold boxed +3 feet/leg/head armors!"

To be repeated at 95-99 with +3 body and hands. I'm sure there will be new stuff besides that, but that's probably the majority of what we'll get at 90-95. More ToMs.

Looking forward to 96+ though :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2011-02-28 05:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
you ever thought people use it to take account of the gear they have for a job rather than a "gearset" per sé. fact is the only pieces of that gear i even use for warrior is the brutal earring and raja's ring. so yeh.. enjoy.

No. No.

You're doing it all wrong. Let me ftfy.

Love me some pamamas.
By Enygma3 2011-03-01 00:23:24
Link | Citer | R

FFXI is in it's last few years, this is for sure. I give it no more than 2 years.

Anyone else wanna bet?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-01 00:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Enygma3 said:
FFXI is in it's last few years, this is for sure. I give it no more than 2 years.

Anyone else wanna bet?

No, die plz.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-01 00:30:47
Link | Citer | R

It's only a matter of time until they reveal the ultimate grind; the fusion of relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-01 01:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I for one am not completley convinced Abyssea is over just yet. Hell throw up allseeingeye and walk around the zones.... There is still a lot of ***that hasn't been turned on yet. Will it all ever be used probably not.. that would mean more space for lolps2 to keep up.

SE isn't going to completley abbandon their baby which is Abyssea (isn't Abyssea dev running the whole show now)

But for god sakes please make some out of Abyssea, hard ***, time consuming ***for us to do again. if not hard at least group oriented that not any retard with a PL bot can duo a full set of in a couple days.

Don't get me wrong this Abyssea style AF3 was not completley bad, none of the AF1 or AF2 was ever hard to get so why should the AF3 be any different. At least now there is really no reason for people to be running around in completley gimp ***gear. But we do need a higher tier for those willing to put in the time and effort to get it.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-01 03:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
It's only a matter of time until they reveal the ultimate grind; the fusion of relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons.

I lol'd. But seriously, is that drawing a parody, or was the person who drew that completely serious. I have the sinking feeling in my heart that that was truly meant for their OC or whatever.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-01 03:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Hell throw up allseeingeye and walk around the zones.... There is still a lot of ***that hasn't been turned on yet.

Like what? I don't have ASE, even if I did lazy etc.
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-01 03:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Floating synergy furnaces, Event Master NPC, buttload of other NPC's (not including standard debug ***)some abyssea ticket guy in ru'lude gardens is what comes to my mind right off the bat. More out there for sure tho.
 Phoenix.Kluaf
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2011-03-01 05:22:03
Link | Citer | R

Well a few things really...
About future updates ive read a ton of speculation on what might happen or not. SE via the Q&A sections on the games start up screen had answered a question accouple weeks ago. Which was something to point about "ive spent a lot of time getting sky limbus and salvage drops" and how theyre weak compared to AF3 stuff. SE said that part of the future updates will upgrade these items as well as making changes to those areas including dynamis. So thats whats already been stated by SE.

Now i started back in december of 2009. When i finally got to the end game stuff abyssea came out like a month later. I looked at the gear from all the end game compared to the Aby type Perle sets and compared to the time it wuda taken to get the end game area stuff it was a no brainer to just go with the Perle set. Im a SAM main btw.

So my point on the End Game area gears im sure will be better than abyssea gears.

My last point is Abyssea came out along with the level cap increases and aby i think gets a bad rap as the "game killer" as it was. Aby didnt have anything to do with lifting level caps in add on areas that was all SE. A lot of people play this game pretty hardcore so wen something new comes out and youve been steady jus levelin jobs that you dont care about or getting gear for jobs you dont care about and something new comes along like aby and AF3 peoples gonna drop what theyve been doing over and over and flock to the new stuff.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-01 17:45:55
Link | Citer | R

There's nothing relevant in abyssea that's currently inactive, it doesn't matter whether you use allseeingeye, npc.exe, or manually read the dats with a hex editor. Synergy furnace is a portafurnace(either already usable or will be in an update or 2.. it's not content), event master is a debug npc for use by SGM. What's next is just speculation, it could go either way.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-01 17:48:03
Link | Citer | R

hi thorny ilu kbye
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-01 17:48:33
Link | Citer | R

ilu2
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-01 17:48:47
Link | Citer | R

<3

year made
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-01 20:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Sorry perhaps i should have been more clear in my post, yay for no sleep. Major content for Abyssea probably not. Minor things like synergy possibly game events blah blah blah most likely. The possiblity of a mission line who knows as was pointed out anything at this point is pure speculation.

and my bad assumed the Event NPC was just that seeing as he didnt quite fit in with all the standard debug npcs. Thank you for pointing that out tho Thornyy
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-01 20:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
What's next is just speculation, it could go either way.

/thread
By Enygma3 2011-03-01 20:30:56
Link | Citer | R

there are no more missions coming out, after 99 its all gone, just new ks99 type bcnms thats it
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-01 20:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Enygma3 said:
there are no more missions coming out that we know about, after 99 its all speculation, just new ks99 type bcnms maybe

ftfy
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-01 21:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Enygma3 said:
there are no more missions coming out that we know about, after 99 its all speculation, just new ks99 type bcnms maybe

ftfy

You realize they confirmed via Twitter that we are getting KC burning circle fights?
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-01 21:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Enygma3 said:

ftfy

You realize they confirmed via Twitter that we are getting KC burning circle fights?

They only asked if that's what we wanted.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12