Abyssea Era Ending?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-02-27 03:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
they could easily release gear that would make NIN on par with PLD outside of Abyssea as a tank (NIN was totally lawl'd at before Abyssea), for example.

Read this.
Laugh.
???
Troll detected.
[+]
By pedion 2011-02-27 04:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Soo why would SE stop with adding abyssea zones to Bastok areas(altep, Grauberg)and not possibly add anything for windy and sandy areas? I know it is very far fetched, but since they would be reusing old area graphics as they did with every other area it would not add to much for the ps2 users i think.

Now I know SE did maws in areas somewhat close to regions, but I am talking about outside home cities. Example East and west Ron. and east and west Saru. Just as they did outside Bastok.

Like I said far fetched, but one can dream lol
[+]
 Caitsith.Albelnox
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-02-27 04:21:26
Link | Citer | R

pedion said:
Soo why would SE stop with adding abyssea zones to Bastok areas(altep, Grauberg)and not possibly add anything for windy and sandy areas? I know it is very far fetched, but since they would be reusing old area graphics as they did with every other area it would not add to much for the ps2 users i think.

Now I know SE did maws in areas somewhat close to regions, but I am talking about outside home cities. Example East and west Ron. and east and west Saru. Just as they did outside Bastok.

kinda makes sense i guess :o though idk what they'd do for a third in each of those areas (like ugly range)...

ABYSSEA - WALK OF ECHOES!!! SUPER COINS!!! :OOOOO
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-02-27 04:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Albelnox said:
pedion said:

kinda makes sense i guess :o though idk what they'd do for a third in each of those areas (like ugly range)...

Where you can get your AF GRIP
 Caitsith.Albelnox
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-02-27 04:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Caitsith.Albelnox said:
pedion said:

Where you can get your AF GRIP

ring too.
 Unicorn.Voluptasia
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Voluptasia 2011-02-27 05:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Follow the pattern, SE wants us to replay old content again and again, next lvl cap, 99, will come with upgradeable gear from pre-abyssea areas: limbus, dynamis, sky, sea. The gear farming from abyssea will become as outdated as the rmt mini expansions did due to abyssea.
 Fenrir.Havster
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-02-27 05:26:16
Link | Citer | R

In on one of the CS's there is a frozen maw that is inactive.

Now I may have missed something in the CS, entirely possible since I was spamming it and speed reading it to get in for the NM kill, but this puts the possibility of one more zone?

Anyone that can remember said CS and debunk/clarify wtf I am talking about would be appreciated lol.

Main point being, im hoping for a zone that requires all 9 clears, shin dead for access and some seriously hard strat mobs inside.

We can but dream......
 Asura.Domz
Serveur: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-02-27 05:53:12
Link | Citer | R

hav that cutscene was probably the one in jugner forest to get into vunk. the other maw theyre talkin about just leads into the past
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-27 05:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Unless I'm mistaken (I sort of did the same thing you did), I believe that was the one maw that would have led to the Abyssea equivalent of Al'taieu, but since it was moved to the moon (thus why the battle with Shinryu takes place in the Empyreal Paradox hovering over Al'taieu stationed on the moon), normal access from our world to Abyssea through that particular maw was severed.
 Gilgamesh.Boemir
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Wheels
By Gilgamesh.Boemir 2011-02-27 06:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Me and some friends are all gonna do empyrean weapons. My choices where between BLU and NIN since they were my first jobs to 75 back then, and my favorites. Ultimately I went with Kannagi and did all spawn NM's already and ready to start VNM's.

But tbh, I'm actually having second thoughts about Kannagi. Don't want to spend the time and effort in making a weapon for a job that will go back to second plan as it was pre-abyssea, after the next updates. Don't get me wrong, its a very fun job, but how many times were you asked to bring NIN to an event considering you had other jobs?

I came here to ask you guys your opinions. Knowing what we know now, would you go ahead with Kannagi? or just choose another empyrean like SAM, BLU (my other melee jobs)

Edit: Grammar
 Valefor.Embems
Serveur: Valefor
user: embem
By Valefor.Embems 2011-02-27 06:31:31
Link | Citer | R

maybe they will make af3+3 :x @99 I mean
Add more nms in shinryu esc style perhaps?
Or just add more mobs with different stones/cards/seals something
Who knows
Would make sense to me anyway I wouldn't complain about more zones either
Sorry if someone already said this didn't read whole post and on my pain medicine lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 06:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Embems said:
maybe they will make af3+3 :x @99 I mean
Add more nms in shinryu esc style perhaps?
Or just add more mobs with different stones/cards/seals something
Who knows
Would make sense to me anyway I wouldn't complain about more zones either
Sorry if someone already said this didn't read whole post and on my pain medicine lol

*In shinryu style without access to brew pls
[+]
By Enygma3 2011-02-27 07:07:17
Link | Citer | R

a big fight like shinryu thats really hard but u can't brew would be nice, drop something crazy like how AV stuff was back in the day to make ppl want to do it and epeen :P
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-27 07:18:06
Link | Citer | R

pedion said:

PS2 users need a *** slap in the face!

get you're hand in your pocket and bring your self in the the year 2011 with an xbox,that way you can have as much HDD space as you like.

Edit:i'm not implying that the person i quoted has a ps2 before the rage begins
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-02-27 07:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
pedion said:

PS2 users need a *** slap in the face!

get you're hand in your pocket and bring your self in the the year 2011 with an xbox,that way you can have as much HDD space as you like.

Edit:i'm not implying that the person i quoted has a ps2 before the rage begins

ANY PC will play FFXI these days also.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-02-27 08:04:31
Link | Citer | R

You make it look like if abyssea was the evil and it HAS TO END.

It gave the game a lot of life, not much story content but the game pre-abyssea was a cluster of playerbase with 0 chance on getting good gear (aka having to get into a HNMLS and wait 30 years to get a ridill).

Now ppl can get 2-3 friends, get some stuff done then sleep, repeat til every1 is happy, instant gratification? yeah, but beats the ***out of having to wait 2 hours and half in the DA just to lose the claim to the usual botter.

I do agree that i miss doing dynamis with some "strategy" other than TP burn mobs in 15 secs but i think SE will make at least some event for the style, or at least one can hope.
[+]
 Asura.Silverware
By Asura.Silverware 2011-02-27 08:23:30
Link | Citer | R

I've got my fingers crossed for a new endgame area.. (Moon). Just because they mentioned or hinted at the Moon in some Abyssea CS's, you can see it below Shinyru, and FF4 I guess had that as the final area.

I think Abyssea is done.. And I can't wait to see what they plan for the end end end game.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-02-27 08:28:28
Link | Citer | R

xenomasterkenshin said:

It gave the game a lot of life, not much story content but the game pre-abyssea was a cluster of playerbase with 0 chance on getting good gear (aka having to get into a HNMLS and wait 30 years to get a ridill).

Now ppl can get 2-3 friends, get some stuff done then sleep, repeat til every1 is happy, instant gratification? yeah, but beats the ***out of having to wait 2 hours and half in the DA just to lose the claim to the usual botter.

I do agree that i miss doing dynamis with some "strategy" other than TP burn mobs in 15 secs but i think SE will make at least some event for the style, or at least one can hope.
Damn right

Lets face it : ff11 was about to die last year, ff14 was comin and more and more leaved...then abyssea came out and ff14 revealed to be a ***, and peoples slowly comin back.
Abyssea gave 2 more years at least to ff11 and probably enouth for another extenssion, i think its a great success.

And for strategie...go tp burn on Indrik and Rani or isgebind and i'll lol to what it give w
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 08:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
xenomasterkenshin said:

Damn right

Lets face it : ff11 was about to die last year, ff14 was comin and more and more leaved...then abyssea came out and ff14 revealed to be a ***, and peoples slowly comin back.
Abyssea gave 2 more years at least to ff11 and probably enouth for another extenssion, i think its a great success.

And for strategie...go tp burn on Indrik and Rani or isgebind and i'll lol to what it give w

Can brew them. Kinda sad that brews cost 200k :( All the noobs get the good gear now too
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-27 08:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
xenomasterkenshin said:

Damn right

Can brew them. Kinda sad that brews cost 200k :( All the noobs get the good gear now too

Aside from Rani and Shinryu, simply because of how annoying they are, what the hell do you have to brew?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 09:09:44
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
xenomasterkenshin said:

Damn right

Aside from Rani and Shinryu, simply because of how annoying they are, what the hell do you have to brew?

Nothing but still, noobs get access to every single item now. You would see a LOT less epona rings and shinryu gear if you couldn't brew it. I don't know many ppl who can kill them without a brew. A lot of ppl kill Raja with a brew too. Ppl just shout for other noobs to get the clear and farm KI for them. Then brew the NM and get a drop. Cool..so much effort.
Before abyssea when I saw ppl with stuff like Novios or other comparable gear I would be impressed. Now? Absolutely nothing impresses me anymore. 5/5 af3+2 is easy to get. Empyreans are easy to get. "Rare" drops are easy to get cuz you can Blue !! now. Nothing left that requires some effort :(
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-02-27 09:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Also Ukko's does 2000 - 3000 dmg still. The only thing that is going to change is the tier of DD's again because SAM and DRK will mostlikely be going up by a lot.

Hardly, Ukko's only doing that on outdated content. Clearly if we get new content outside abyssea the mobs arent going to be that weak. Not to say that you wont spike up damage that high or higher, but chances are youll be averaging much lower. Around the 2k probably perhaps 1.7/1.8. You can always go to Hero's zone w/o atmas/cruor buffs and parse to see what your average is to get an idea.

Fudo(course SE might raise relic ws % again who knows) is probably going to be the top ws outside of abyssea on harder content, with Ukko/Smite coming in behind a bit.

I agree though, fudo sam is going to be a top tier DD.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-27 09:29:52
Link | Citer | R

While i agree There would be less Epona's without Brew. your average newb 18 man group doesn't always succeed at Rani. There are countless screenshots everywhere of Noob Groups using 2-3 Brews on Rani and still Wiping due to stupidity and gimpness.

Also Epona's has probably under 5% Drop rate without blue !!, most noob groups can barely handle killing Rani let alone dumb-lucking into a Blue proc.

Its not as simple as you make it sound, Even with a Brew on Rani your *** can still be charmed which even the best player would be *** during.

I've personally watched a group of people toss up 2-3 brews on Rani and still barely manage to win.

Now this is probably not pertaining to my quoted people anymore, but i'll still say it.

If everyone is honest with themselves, The only people complaining about Abyssea are generally the people who spent their life on FFXI Camping Fafnir/HNMs Every day and walking around with a sense of pride in their armor cause they survived nailing a screw into their *** (A.K.A HNM Camping back in the day, salvage drop rates, etc). There was a sense of accomplishment to them. Getting full Usukane, Etc.

Its these people who are now broodingly butthurt that 'everyone' can have good armor and they no longer feel special in our world of pixelelated funtasy. They're not angry at Abyssea, They're angry at what Abyssea did to their E-Peen. They can no longer hold gear over the heads of Average, dare i say, Casual Gamers. Because even a Casual gamer, with effort, could obtain the best armor available.

Personally i feel the game should be this way. I feel like i should be able to log on for 2-3 hours, Play with some friends and actually accomplish something. Right now me and 3 of my friends are building Empyreans, And i enjoy the idea that i dont need 18 people or more to get these items, or to farm the pops, and I'm happy its can all be done in a timely matter so we're all rewarded in the end. It makes the game fun to be able to accomplish something in a small time.

But this is my opinion. I understand that people who were "on the top" for so long suddenly having the idea of "being the best" taken away from them would probably hate Abyssea for it. But you can still "be the best", It just takes a little less effort. Some people enjoy putting large amounts of effort into an Item (like spending 2 years in Salvage for Usukane or marduk), because it gives them a great sense of pride in their armor, and there is nothing wrong with that. Its logical that once armor becomes easier to get the pride in obtaining it is greatly lessened for hardened people like the above.

But thats when you need to consider quitting, its really easy to deactivate your account rather than complaining while still giving SE your money and dealing with this "crappy easy game" as it is now. If you wanna keep in contact with your friends download this thing called "Skype" Its free and your gear never gets outdated! Cause there is no gear. Its a Phone-IM system. You get to talk to your friends still, and you no longer have to deal with the "stress" of this easy game anymore.

Either way, More on topic:

Judging from the Shinryu fight and the final cutscene, I'd think that maybe we visit Abyssea 1-2 more times later in the game, if just minor cutscenes. But i think Abyssea will be ending soon, Which saddens me, Cause i like Abyssea. Its actually FUN. I feel so powerful in Abyssea and that makes me happy, it feels kinda like a real FF game... where i can see this big boss, go in with 3-4 people (Classic FF player maximum) and wreck this monster if i try hard enough and we all focus. Its enjoyable, to me, and I'll be sad to watch it go.

Enough of my gibberish ranting. Try to have fun. Take a step back, If you no longer have fun in FFXI Cause its too "easy", Quit the game. Get your friends phone numbers or skype together. and find a new hobby. Maybe quit for a while and play when the game is out of Abyssea.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zeota
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-02-27 09:31:24
Link | Citer | R

While I have enjoyed abyssea, I do hope they find some middle ground balance-wise. Knowing SE though, I'm not holding my breath. The only non-mage that has been seemingly "future proof" all this time is WAR. For a while it was WAR and SAM that were the two most desirable until abyssea came along.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 09:31:41
Link | Citer | R

It has nothing to do with "no effort". Go build an emp. It takes effort, it's just a shortened time frame.

Relics don't take any more effort in terms of the actual objective, they just added a time constraint in getting the money to make the relic.

HNM drops? Just another time constraint. NM only pops once a day and gotta beat all the server bots to the claim then the fight itself is piss easy. Those fights didn't take effort, it just took a random chance of whether or not on that day you got to fight it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-27 09:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:

Apademak, misc empyrean nms (one brew can kill roughly 5 nms).
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 09:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It has nothing to do with "no effort". Go build an emp. It takes effort, it's just a shortened time frame.

Relics don't take any more effort in terms of the actual objective, they just added a time constraint in getting the money to make the relic.

HNM drops? Just another time constraint. NM only pops once a day and gotta beat all the server bots to the claim then the fight itself is piss easy. Those fights didn't take effort, it just took a random chance of whether or not on that day you got to fight it.
Actually those fights were atleast harder than any fight these days. Not everyone could kill Tiamat, Nidhogg or even Fafnir.
I absolutely loved HNMs, even camping was fun. Could do RL stuff and just check every 30 minutes. But I also loved Abyssea. But a mmorpg should give you the feeling that you accomplished something imo. You don't get that these days. If everyone can get those items in a few days, then what did you accomplished? Trying to get top gear was fun. Now you can get it in a few days.. wheres the fun :/. Only challenge from abyssea was getting the stuff first lol. If ppl wipe to Rani with a brew then they suck or have bad luck. But so what? THat's rather rare. You can just go again and kill with since brews cost 200k. Some things you can get in 1 day. Some in a few. But there is definitely nothing left that takes weeks to get. That takes WORK. I loved abyssea but tbh now I start to like the older FFXI more. There were things for casual gamers, and things for Hardcore gamers. Now it is purely casual. If you wanted to have the best gear, you did Sea/kings etc. If not then you could do Nizzle shizzle and stuff like that. While abyssea was fun I hope that new expansion won't be abyssea.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-27 09:42:55
Link | Citer | R

I think if ppl want challenge, Try to do Shinryu, w/o Brews...

then, start trying to do it...all till u remove one article of gear at a time..

..could be fun to see ppl try!

^^
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2011-02-27 09:43:09
Link | Citer | R

lol @ people complaining emp weapons took weeks or even months. people used to wait years for a single piece of gear from their ls events. people are obviously already spoiled by abyssea. try taking down old nms without atmas. people complain the game is too easy now but I haven't seen any threads about people mercing long standing nms. PW? AV? oh right cant use atma against those. abyssea makes leveling faster. nothing more. relax people
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12