Rev vs. Vere
First Page 2 3
 Alexander.Tedril
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-13 22:06:53
Link | Citer | R

So, my monk is kinda lame still but I had set my goals high and I have been working on the trials for a verethranga. I just got a new job in RL and with school my time is been cut down. Stick it out for the verethranga or sell short for the rev fists +2? Also I plan on leveling a few more jobs soon.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-02-13 22:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Vere.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-13 22:37:08
Link | Citer | R

From what i gather, doing WoE on a small time frame is harder than the abyssea NM's in the long term.

The pros for abyssea is the fact nobody can lot on your drops like WoE as well as the ability to get KI's in gold chests or even brew if you were desperate.

I recommend vere. I changed my path from rev+2 to vere recently.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-13 22:41:48
Link | Citer | R

For someone who has both, Vere took me almost half the time to complete.

My friend is doing WoE now for coins so I /sea the zone frequently and there are MANY more people there now than were when I was doing it. With all those people to lot against, I'd imagine it taking even longer.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-02-13 22:42:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently working on Kannagi and also am pretty busy between school/work and w/e the hell else
but I would say go for the Empy. I'm not too mad at the NM trials at this point
because I can get a bunch of ***done between pop windows.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 22:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Ive been doing WoE for three weapons. Scythe, Bow, Great Sword. for each one, the NMs took me ~2 days including VNM. I started scythe and GS first, and had them both at WoE at the same time. It only took me another 2 days to have all 30 coins for BOTH. I just got bow to WoE yesterday, and im already at 15 decay. For me, WoE is a ton easier then empyrean, and theres a realistic chance for me to get it to 90. Im not sure what vereth 90 item is, but Caladbolg item is 75 isgebind's hearts, *** that. I could do it to 85 easy, but id be stuck there. So for me, WoE is win-win. And anyone that says torcleaver > quietus is talking out of their ***, but thats a story for another thread.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 22:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Oh and im not sure how it would be on your server, but here there is 3 people wanting advancement to 1 on anything else. No one ever wants birth or decay, and sometimes nins are there for glory.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-13 23:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Torcleaver > Quietus, bro.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-13 23:01:59
Link | Citer | R

idk i got adv pouches pretty regular in place chests
going pld/whm made it very easy to place tho

had 30 coins in less then a week, but only did rev fists+2 because im duoing helms/gems for my kannagi and my friends caladbolg
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 23:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Torcleaver = Quietus, bro.

I know. I said not in this thread though!
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-13 23:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Serj said:
Torcleaver &!()#*)@()%$*!@_)!@$@$ Quietus, bro.

I know. I said not in this thread though!

Why not?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 23:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Its a mnk thread <,< drks arent allowed there. tiger told me so in the gimp mnks thread.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-13 23:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Its a mnk thread <,< drks arent allowed there. tiger told me so in the gimp mnks thread.

I think everything that needed to be said has been said. So we can derail this as much as we like.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 23:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, in that case, Torcleaver and Quietus are literally exactly the same dmg. I have seperate setups going for both WS mods, WS gorget and belt for both, and use seperate atmas for each. In every situation, they are exactly the same. It does not matter which i use, they are the exact same WS.
By Serj 2011-02-13 23:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Well, in that case, Torcleaver and Quietus are literally exactly the same dmg. I have seperate setups going for both WS mods, WS gorget and belt for both, and use seperate atmas for each. In every situation, they are exactly the same. It does not matter which i use, they are the exact same WS.

If that truly is the case, Torcleaver still wins because it looks cooler. Quietus just looks cheesy.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 23:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:

If that truly is the case, Torcleaver still wins because it looks cooler. Quietus just looks cheesy.

I dont like the look of either lol... I use scythe more for the delay though. But after reading threads from gradd and other drks on here, i expected torcleaver to absolutely rape quietus. That is certainly not the case.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-13 23:30:16
Link | Citer | R

I don't get how ws' w/ diff mods and ftp are the exact same
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 23:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I don't get how ws' w/ diff mods and ftp are the exact same

Well no one has said for sure what the FTP for quietus is yet because not alot of people have gotten it. Im not sure where all the drks heard that it sucked, but it doesnt. And exactly the same may just be an exaggeration, but their damage is so close that its not even worth going for one over the other, pick the one you like. Im talking like 75 damage average differences(going both ways) in abyssea and dynamis parses.
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-14 00:58:42
Link | Citer | R

the fangs for vere you can finish in a day with just 3 people, over the course of 7-10 hours providing Amun isn't being camped. Go during none JP hours on the weekdays. I finished my fangs by taking 1 day off work, and trio-boxing a blm/whm/mnk. Amun and percy didn't always drop KI but I would say its a 40-60% drop rate without red !!.

Chloris is the ***. You can either spend a lot of gil buying as many pop items as possible, or spend a ***load of time farming chloris pops. I'm so frustrated with farming chloris with my LS that I recently just paused my vere upgrading and lvled war to 90 (already had all +1 seals and most of the +2 items just from the ridiculous amount of time I've spent in abysea upgrading pld/sam/nin/mnk/whm/blm empyrean armor), and am waiting for the next update to skill up/ cap GA for fellcleave farming.
Chloris is really a *** to farm if you don't have a dedicated group, and even then, they need to all be online at the same time to speed through vere 80 upgrade.

Revenants+2 are a nice 2nd option and I was considering it. But if I'm going to suffer this much, it result in having the best possible weapon, and not a 2nd best.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-14 02:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Finished my friends Stage II Vere in less than 20 hours nonstop farming, once you get past chloris its all down hill.
 Alexander.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-14 07:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Siccmade said:
I'm currently working on Kannagi and also am pretty busy between school/work and w/e the hell else but I would say go for the Empy. I'm not too mad at the NM trials at this point because I can get a bunch of ***done between pop windows.

NMs are easy, but just like what blazed said its Chloris that will be tough. I'm gonna talk to my linkshell to see if at the end of the month or something we can plan some events for it or something. I had like three people say they would help so far. Thanks for all the help, to bad we can't all (Team up?) to get it done.
 Alexander.Sumo
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-02-14 11:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Oh and im not sure how it would be on your server, but here there is 3 people wanting advancement to 1 on anything else. No one ever wants birth or decay, and sometimes nins are there for glory.
This. I was there to help out Tidus as we were in WoE and it literally took him like 5 minutes to get his done. It took me what seemed like an eternity to get the advancemnt coins I needed partially due to low drop rates and racist japanese players.
 Sylph.Leafonland
By Sylph.Leafonland 2011-02-18 02:53:33
Link | Citer | R

definitely go for Vere.

The design of WoE battle sucks... I would like to "punch" the developer in the face, who ever created this system with my Vere...

Chloris looks complicated, however if you plan well, it will go smoothly. Besides, all KI can be obtained from golden chests and Chloris is really weak.

Ulhuadshi is a joke, real challenge here is to get KI from Amum which is usually heavily camped. ( do not go there in JP rush hours )

I have a small group, 3 ppls, I duobox. So we have nin,war,blm,whm for KI farming. mnk,thf,whm,blm for NM killing.

We play around 6 hours a day. We did two Vere in two weeks starting from first trial. We are in EU timezone and avoided JP, NA rush hours. Last 4 days, we got 100 fangs.
[+]
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-02-18 04:16:50
Link | Citer | R

I made Revenant Fists. Regret not making Verethragna from the start, but I have another Mantis@VNM stage ready to go.

Basically WoE took me about 35 hours in there, including downtime between waiting for members to do flux 2 and waiting to get inside flux 2. Farmed flux 3 and 1, got maybe 4 coins farming there in about 4 hours of that. Did flux 7 only to time out because of lack of suitable kiters/members. All in all I ended up with 34 Coin of Advancement from bags. 7 decay, 8 glory, 9 birth and countless ruin from getting in the top 5.

On a side note I made around 2mil doing WoE from mats/gear/npcing the crap.

I have a friend that got 31 glory coins in probably 3 hours doing flux 7 with experienced SMN and BLM kiters, so it can be very much faster than Empyrean trials.
 Alexander.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-02-18 11:53:36
Link | Citer | R

I did Revenant Fists +2 first. WoE is pretty damn boring solo with MNK/DNC and damn near intolerable with any other subjob.

The only way I would recommend doing a WoE weapon is if you have a group capable of clearing Slimes... and trying to get lucky with the placement chests.

It's also not too bad if you can duo or trio crabs with another melee/DNC who isn't going to lot against you... Antlions just sucked in my experience (sometimes it takes several minutes before you can clean pull a black one ... white ones cast Break and will kill you).

I'm working on Verethragna - and it seems to be going smoother thus far. The key is to take friends and have a dedicated group.

I'm teamed up with a NIN who is working on the katana empyrean, her boyfriend who has WAR and WHM leveled (he also has his brother's account - which has WAR leveled), and a THF who helps out a lot too. Usually we have anywhere from 3-5...

We typically go to LTP first, farm everyone up one set of KIs - kill 3-5 Briareus - and then go to Tahrongi and do the same thing.

1: Farm and kill Vetehinen for Tarnished Pincers.
2: Farm and kill Halimede for Shriveled Wings.
3: Farm Bloodshot Hecteyes from Beholders.
4: Kill Ophanim, proc red.
5: Farm and kill Gancanagh for Acidic Humus.
6: Kill Canyon Scorpions for Venomous Scorpion Stingers.
7: Pop and kill Hedetet, proc red.
8: Farm and kill Cannered Noz for Exorcised Skulls.
9: Kill Blood Bats for Bloody Fangs.
10: Pop and kill Treble Noctules, proc red.

And in between all this, get Chukwa kills. You will need a healer on Chukwa, as it's immune to stun. Waltzes really can't keep up with the Stonega/Waterga IV while you're trying to proc !!... Lastly, don't be one of the *** I saw last night... 2 melees endlessly taking turns reraising with Atma of Apocalypse, whittling it down.
 Bahamut.Deetness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Deetness 2011-02-18 12:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Francisco said:
2 melees endlessly taking turns reraising with Atma of Apocalypse, whittling it down.

Had quite a few run-ins with solo dnc while trying for Chukwa KIs.
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-20 03:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Francisco said:
I did Revenant Fists +2 first. WoE is pretty damn boring solo with MNK/DNC and damn near intolerable with any other subjob. The only way I would recommend doing a WoE weapon is if you have a group capable of clearing Slimes... and trying to get lucky with the placement chests. It's also not too bad if you can duo or trio crabs with another melee/DNC who isn't going to lot against you... Antlions just sucked in my experience (sometimes it takes several minutes before you can clean pull a black one ... white ones cast Break and will kill you). I'm working on Verethragna - and it seems to be going smoother thus far. The key is to take friends and have a dedicated group. I'm teamed up with a NIN who is working on the katana empyrean, her boyfriend who has WAR and WHM leveled (he also has his brother's account - which has WAR leveled), and a THF who helps out a lot too. Usually we have anywhere from 3-5... We typically go to LTP first, farm everyone up one set of KIs - kill 3-5 Briareus - and then go to Tahrongi and do the same thing. 1: Farm and kill Vetehinen for Tarnished Pincers. 2: Farm and kill Halimede for Shriveled Wings. 3: Farm Bloodshot Hecteyes from Beholders. 4: Kill Ophanim, proc red. 5: Farm and kill Gancanagh for Acidic Humus. 6: Kill Canyon Scorpions for Venomous Scorpion Stingers. 7: Pop and kill Hedetet, proc red. 8: Farm and kill Cannered Noz for Exorcised Skulls. 9: Kill Blood Bats for Bloody Fangs. 10: Pop and kill Treble Noctules, proc red. And in between all this, get Chukwa kills. You will need a healer on Chukwa, as it's immune to stun. Waltzes really can't keep up with the Stonega/Waterga IV while you're trying to proc !!... Lastly, don't be one of the *** I saw last night... 2 melees endlessly taking turns reraising with Atma of Apocalypse, whittling it down.

Wouldn't it be faster to:
1. Buy buyable items from AH such as pincer and wing.
2. Cap lights>Farm TEs till about 200 minutes
3. Cap Amber
4. Cleave farm Gold chests for KIs till everyone in group has all KIs?
5. Kill 4-5 Chloris
6. Cleave farm another 4-5 KIs

Your strat, which is the one I've been using takes anywhere from 4-8 hours depending on competition, people afking, people's motivation, people getting distracted with "lets go get me an unkai nodowa or kill cuelbre"

Once upon a time, my friends and I would have rushed through empyreans so fast we would all be on our 4th or 5th. But we're seniors or directors in our careers, married with 1-2 kids, and just not able to find the energy needed to for a 5pm till 1 AM farming shift.

Upgrading Relics is probably easier for us now as all we have to do is buy an hourglass, head into sandy/windy/beauc/xarc, farm currency or items we need, and pause. No competition on NMs, no having to build lights, no having to cap amber and attain KI's.

Relics fall from #1 spot as weapons might just make sense to me now.

Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-20 04:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:

3. Cap Amber
5. Kill 4-5 Chloris

much easier said then done, having farmed tahrongi a few times we always come up short and only get glavoids rather chloris, and I can't seem to find a group in the zone at the time that wants to trade pops 1:1

farmed for 8 hours only getting 1 chloris pop and in that time we managed to cover at least 9 glavoids...

ended up leaving the zone unhappy with about 900min :|
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-02-20 04:53:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

3. Cap Amber
5. Kill 4-5 Chloris

much easier said then done, having farmed tahrongi a few times we always come up short and only get glavoids rather chloris, and I can't seem to find a group in the zone at the time that wants to trade pops 1:1

farmed for 8 hours only getting 1 chloris pop and in that time we managed to cover at least 9 glavoids...

ended up leaving the zone unhappy with about 900min :|
My group usually end up 3/4 on Chloris and a couple Glav, which isnt that bad sicne i need them for my trial lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-20 09:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Can't just go in expecting full sets from chests all the time unless you need Glavoid as well (You're definitely going to get a lot of Glav's KI just because of the Random Number God hating you), Cleave/Aoe Farm for X amount of time then farm the NMs would be the best thing rather than wasting time trying for 1-2 KI.
First Page 2 3